Fate's Desire [Sesshomaru x R...

By jjs797

Seven years since the ending of Inuyasha The Final Act, ten years since the death of Naraku, a new adventure... More

Prologue
I: Haunted Memories
II: The Good Old Days
III: Busted
IV: Truth
V: Nightmare
VI: Abduction
VII: The Siblings
VIII: Crimson Moon
IX: Rage
X: Healing
XI: In Your Arms
XII: A New Beginning
XIII: Departure
XIV: First Encounter
XV: The Village of Sorrows
XVI: Torture
XVII: Ode to Protect
XVIII: A Single Scratch
XIX: A Simple Favor
XXI: Touch of Poison
XXII: Amarié
XXIII: Drugged
XXIV: Unmei
XXV: In Remembrance
XXVI: The Saber of the Three Worlds
XXVII: Bleeding Forest
XXVIII: Anger
XXIX: Vision
XXX: Fate
XXXI: Training
XXXII: Blood and Weakness
XXXIII: A Mother's Love
XXXIV: To Give and to Take Away
XXXV: Gift of Darkness
XXXVI: Touch of Death
XXXVII: Death's Deal
XXXVIII: Temple of Amaterasu

XX: Alexander vs. Sesshomaru

2.8K 94 12
By jjs797

Rin

"You shouldn't have taken my mother's offer." Alexander said as he walked in the room, sitting himself down at the end of the bed, handing me a cup.

"I'm useless if I don't take care of this issue right away. It's been a burden." I said as I took the cup from him.

"Why don't you rest here for a while? Give yourself a break." He said as I downed my drink.

"That's not possible."

"Is there someone that's expecting you?" I gave Alexander back my cup as he questioned me.

"Yes."

"And he can't wait for you to recover?" I could see the clear irritation in his expression.

"It's not that."

"Then what?"

"I'm putting you all in danger the longer I stay here."

"You're in trouble? Why didn't you tell me?"

I was starting to see why Master Jaken got irritated with me asking questions.

"Would you have helped me if I did?"

He paused, giving me a lingering look before looking away and changing the subject thankfully.

"Did my mother tell you what she uses to heal people?"

"No. Although she did ask me that similar question as well."

"The blood of demons. Specifically a substance in their blood that allows them to heal rapidly."

"Not any demon can just heal. She'd have to get blood from much stronger demons.." I said, putting the pieces together as I watched him turn his head to meet my eyes.

"You. You kill demons for her." That explains why he was built the way he was. He has to be in order to kill demons stronger than him.

"Why are you saying that like it's a bad thing?" He asked with a frown.

It's because Lord Sesshomaru was the first one to come to mind. And I failed to mention to Alexander that I was the companion of the great dog demon.

"I didn't mean to. You know, not all demons are bad."

"I guess I haven't met a decent one yet then." He said as he stood up from my bed. As if on cue, my eyelids felt heavy, exhaustion crawling over me.

"I'll see you in a few hours., Rin."

-

I had a dream.

I was dressed in a crimson red kimono, my hair styled in waves that framed my face. My body was laid on a tall rectangular slab of stone, a gleaming white barrier surrounding me. My face was pale. Too pale, in fact.

I was either asleep, or dead.

There was a black shadow figure floating around me, touching the barrier a few times. I jumped when it's hand instantly shot through the barrier, it's arm surrounded with a golden glow.

It seemed to be absorbing the barrier as it's entire arm pulsed a brighter golden hue.

The shadow figure placed its hands on my shoulder, bending down so it's face was parallel to mine.

When it's mouth opened, my mouth propped open in synch. My eyes widened when I watched a pale white mist flow out my mouth, the shadow figure sucking it in to his mouth.

I knew in an instant that it was my soul.

I wasn't ready for the face I was about to see next, when the shadow figure suddenly turned to meet my eyes.

Lord Sesshomaru's flaming golden eyes burned through mine, eyes hungry for more.

-

Third Person

Alexander studied Rin's still form, a peaceful expression on her face. His mother, Akari, the village doctor and priestess, had finished the transference, which is what she called the medical procedure of injecting the demon's specialized cells into her bloodstream. It only took longer for her because of the poison circulating in and around Rin's stomach. Akari didn't want to disrupt that poison with her own. She had to make sure they didn't make contact with each other, or else Rin's life would be in far more danger than it was right now.

Alexander couldn't help but feel worried for Rin's life. She was different than the other girls his mother had instructed him to take for her test subjects. His mother had foreseen her arrival, and was instantly drawn to her. She didn't tell him why, but all she told her son was that this woman was special. He was thankful that he didn't witness the process. He undid the straps that had kept Rin's spiritual power down and prevented her from fighting the serum subconsciously.

She looked paler than usual, almost like a corpse.

He ignored the fact that she was half naked before his eyes, as he covered her body with a blanket. One of the nurses walked in right after with a kimono, nodding at Alexander.

He walked out, heading to his mother's room.

"Did you do anything else to here, mother?" Alexander asked as he barged in on his mother creating an antidote for Rin, but not for the poison she had just injected into her bloodstream. But for the saber's sliver of power in the one place the poison did not touch.

Akari had to make sure that the two didn't mix. Although this antidote wouldn't prevent that, it would isolate the saber's energy into one place, creating a barrier around it. But this was possible only after the possibility of the two mixing.

"Alexander. Why so tense?" She asked, not looking up from her work. She could feel his uneasiness before he even stepped foot in her room.

"Just at least promise me you won't kill her mother."

Akari rolled her eyes.

"I'd be a fool to kill her. She's the most prized possession of the Saber of the Three Worlds. And even if I wanted to kill her, I couldn't."

"The Saber of the Three Worlds?"

"She will lead me to that weapon. And when I get that weapon, I will use it to find your father and bring him back."

"Not this way, mother." Alexander warned her. He had lost his Father doing what he was doing - finding and killing demons far stronger than himself.

"This is the only way, my son. You have to trust me."

Alexander sighed, turning on his heel to leave.

"Wait. Alexander." Akari set down the bowl that contained the almost completed antidote, alarm in her voice. Alexander could feel her slight panic, turning back around and going to her side instantly.

"An powerful demonic presence just entered the village." She said, squeezing his arm.

"Then handle it." Alexander said with narrowed eyes as he tried to pull his arm from her.

"I have have to finish this for Rin, Alexander. Please."

"You want me to kill him?" He questioned.

"No. Not this one. He feels too powerful. Just scare him away."

"You want me to scare a demon away."

"Your strength for a human is incredible. Bring your blade." Akari dismissed him, releasing her grip on her son. She had to finish this antidote quickly and give it to Rin, and then wake her up. She had a feeling that this demonic presence was here for Rin. Akari could feel it's anger mixed with desperation. It was looking for something, or in this case, someone.

-

Lord Sesshomaru ignored the stares of fear and the restless whispering as the villagers cleared a path for him.

Jaken was knocked out cold on A-un, as the two headed demon followed closely behind Sesshomaru. He was furious that Jaken had left Rin when he had strictly instructed him to take her to safety to heal. And then he would come back and find them, only after he tracked down Tatsuo.

Lord Sesshomaru stopped in his tracks, his eyes narrowing at a tall, dark haired human who stood a good twenty feet in front of him. His right hand rested over the hilt of his blade, ready to draw it any moment.

"What is your business here?" Alexander questioned him.

Instead of answering him, Lord Sesshomaru continued to walk forward. He had no business with this human. If Alexander wanted to live, he would move out of the way. Lord Sesshomaru was almost sure of it. What did catch him off guard for a brief moment was the demonic aura surrounding Alexander's blade. Instantly he knew he was no ordinary human.

Alexander didn't move an inch when Lord Sesshomaru was now approaching a hundred feet from him.

The silver haired demon stopped in his tracks.

He was distracted by the immense demonic energy he felt from Alexander's weapon that he couldn't smell Rin's scent all over him until now.

His eyes widened, and pulsed a blood red color as he flashed before Alexander's eyes. His hand was around the human's throat, his demonic aura almost suffocating the breath out of Alexander. Sesshomaru dug his nails into Alexander's neck, drawing blood.

"Rin. What have you done with her." Lord Sesshomaru spoke in a demonic voice.

Alexander's fear only seemed to worsen at the immense demonic energy that was radiating off of Sesshomaru and his nails digging into his skin. It was then that he realized he couldn't breathe. He grabbed his sword and swung it towards Lord Sesshomaru in lightning speed. The demon stepped back to avoid the swing of the blade.

Alexander jumped back, clutching his neck as it burned, blood dripping down the punctures in his throat.

"You bastard." Alexander spat. The pain in his neck was excruciating as he struggled to keep his balance. His weapon pulsed in his hand, the demonic energy only growing stronger.

"Where is she."

The sound of Lord Sesshomaru's booming voice and rapidly rising demonic energy caused the villagers to inch back away from the scene before them. Jaken woke up suddenly, blinking at his surroundings.

Akari finished the antidote and was now rushing to Rin's side to give it to her.

"I'll die before I give her back to you. She is not yours, nor will she ever be yours." Alexander roared.

If Jaken hadn't stepped in at this exact moment, Lord Sesshomaru would have ripped the head off of Alexander's body.

"That is no way to speak to the great Lord Sesshomaru!!! Give us what we want, and we just might let you live!" Master Jaken at this point had crawled off of A-un and was now standing next to Lord Sesshomaru, his staff pointed at Alexander in what was supposed to be a threatening way.

He narrowed his eyes at them. At first he thought that Lord Sesshomaru was a demon hunting for Rin. But now that he looked at him, really looked at him, he could sense the desperation off of the demon. There was no sense of hunger from him. Not for Rin's blood, at least.

Alexander could see in his eyes, beyond his rage and the pulsing red, that he wanted nothing more than to take Rin back. This was just an angry demon that was looking for something, or someone, he had lost.

"Rin is fine." Alexander started. Lord Sesshomaru's overwhelming demonic aura decreased slightly.

"But she is hurt. You need to let her heal. I can protect her." He continued.

Lord Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at him.

"She would never choose you over Lord Sesshomaru!!" Jaken snapped.

"But she already has." Alexander said, lowering his weapon. "She knows you're here. She was the one who told me. Rin doesn't want to go with you. She needs to heal and get some rest. Besides, if she goes with you, she knows she'll only be a burden."

Lord Sesshomaru took a step forward.

Jaken raised his staff, the woman's head pointing at Alexander. Her mouth opened, fire blasting towards him.

With a deep breath, Alexander sliced right through Master Jaken's flames, the flames dispersing around the blade.

Master Jaken's jaw dropped and eyes widened, the villagers around them gasping in awe.

Lord Sesshomaru rested his hand over the hilt of bakusaiga.

Master Jaken looked from his staff to Alexander then back to his staff, before his tiny body begun to shake in anger.

"W-w-wha-WHAT?!!" Master Jaken screamed.

"You can shoot anything you want at me. You won't be able to get to me." Alexander said in a threatening tone.

Sesshomaru drew out Bakusaiga, causing the villagers to back away at the immense rise of demonic energy. Some of them at this point even retreated back to the safety of their homes.

Sesshomaru quickly figured out Alexander's weakness.

He could withstand long distance attacks, but physical and close attacks were his weakness. He was nothing without his sword.

Sesshomaru knew that he just needed to distract Alexander. That would be easier for him since Alexander was already previously weakened.

Lightning erupted from bakusaiga, heading straight for Alexander, who stood poised and ready for the attack.

But what he wasn't ready for was Lord Sesshomaru suddenly appearing behind him right as Alexander's sword sliced through the immense lightning from bakusaiga.

Lord Sesshomaru had his hand ready, nails extended, ready to rip the beating heart out of Alexander's chest.

-

edited 1/2/2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 515 20
It had been 11 years since InuYasha and the gang - with the help of Sesshomaru - defeated one of the great Inu No Taishō's enemies. During those time...
81.4K 1.3K 27
It takes place after the final chapters. When Inuyasha and Kagome finally start to learn to trust their love and each other. But Kagome is acting rea...
274K 7.1K 16
After [Y/n] miraculously saves the life of the cold hearted demon Sesshomaru, he falls deeply in love with her. He searches for his beloved for year...
55.3K 1.6K 35
Chiyomaru is Inuyasha's younger twin sister, a mortal girl who's demonic powers were taken from her in the womb by Inuyasha. Only powers that remaine...