THE GIANT GUY

By Swethaaselvam

"Is she an MR?!" 'What's an MR?" Tom asks responding to Violet's question and me being myself I interrupt the... More

WHEN I RAN INTO THE GIANT GUY
ONE NEW ROOM
TWO FRIENDS
THREE ENCOUNTERS
FOUR COMMANDMENTS
FIVE FINGER RULES
MR Songs
SIX NEW THINGS
SEVEN IN THE LIST OF TOTAL BLISS
EIGHT POINTS TO REMEMBER BEFORE FEEDING TWYLA
NINE REASONS FOR REFUSING THE DISNEY QUEEN TITLE
TEN HORRIBLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN ALL AT ONCE
ELEVEN REASONS WHY I SHOULD NOT FALL FOR THE GIANT GUY
TWELVE WISHES IN MY BUCKET LIST
THIRTEEN REASONS WHY I SHOULD TAKE THE FERRIS WHEEL
FOURTEEN PRINCIPLES FOR A BETTER TWYLA
FIFTEEN MISSED CALLS FROM O.M.G ITS MY M.O.M
The Fiction Awards 2016
SIXTEEN SPIDERS FOR SWEET TOMMY
SEVENTEEN REASONS WHY I THINK I LIKE THIS J GUY
EIGHTEEN WAYS TO FREAK OUT AND DIE
TWENTEEN FOREVER
TWENTY ONE THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN TWENTY WEEKS
EPILOGUE 1 - Ah! Where are you My Giant Guy?
Wedding with the Spiders
Where's my Cheetos you stupid dumb Giant Guy?
Miss Blah Blah Blah and Mr. Bleh
Who is Twyla?
Bling Bling its MR Time

NINETEEN ITEMS NEEDED TO CATCH A ROBBER

2.6K 163 57
By Swethaaselvam

This chapter may not be appealing to most people because Twyla is going to argue a lot which is wrong. So skip halfway through if you do not like this kind of disrespect to elders.

Warning: this chapter might be boring! :(

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Merry Christmas Dooms day!

God must've given time for me to escape. Et tu Brute! I ask looking at the heavens.

"Wow! That's a surprise. I have a lot to say, want me to speak to them?", Tom is whispering against my ear, his stance again overprotective. He is the only person who understands how it feels like to live in a Neolithic age.

"Nah. I'll manage but stay with me." I start walking towards the Dooms Day.

1. I didn't expect my family to give me a surprise visit.
2. I didn't expect them to be standing in front of the door waiting for my arrival
3. I didn't expect them to be looking at the stairway and catch the glimpse of me immediately.

"Hello dad mom! Were you waiting for long?", I ask and dad grunts. Dad is a man of few words and lot of sounds. He sighs, grunts, moans, yawns and snores.

I don't dare look at my mom because I know I'll be dead if I do. She'll kill me and burn me with her eyes even if that ain't possible. She might even set fire on my ass so I should be careful.

I open the locked door while the door opposite to me opens showing Giant in just his boxers. Wrong timing dude! The day is getting better. I glare at him and he closes the door smiling at me, his eyes sorry. Mom is also glaring at him.

I let them inside and close my door behind me. Tom walks into the kitchen while my parents settle themselves on the couch.

My mom used to tell me that I have no manners and I don't know how to treat visitors. Now that Tom is fetching them water I have another reason to be screwed.

I didn't notice mom staring up and down at me. My brother 'Ash' is smiling. Beautiful. And dad is having his head low. One thing that I hate about my brother is that he knows we both are almost in the same situation but he never reaches out to help me when it gets messy. There's something about him that he never gets scolded or slapped.

"How are you Twyla?", she asks as her hands wave up and down at my profile. Her voice is filled with sarcasm.

"I'm great mom. And you?" I smile back at her.

"Who's this guy here? Didn't know that you got a boyfriend so soon", well, I did not see that coming.

"You remember Tomeo, don't you? My brother." I say with my eyes as fierce as hers. He smiles at them, his eyes angry too. This is getting nowhere. I'm ticking her off but not enough for her to burst.

My mom is like a grenade all the time. She seems safe to be around but when you accidentally pull the trigger, she leaves destruction at wake. She's scary to be with. Nuclear bombs are less dangerous compared to my MOMMY!

The room feels like it is filled with gas that needs a spark to explode. Where's the spark Twyla? I should do something crazy to make her angry. What do I do?

My brain is haywire and I can't think of something so cool right now. Dancing and singing would only let them burst into laughter. I should try something that is off limits. Like kissing the Giant? Nah, I feel too lazy to walk all the way to his room. Or maybe I should wear my PJ shorts and camisole as it's already night. Or maybe I should tell her that I'm going to watch a horror movie tomorrow with guys.

"What's the reason for the surprise visit?", I ask them. I think this will do. She never likes the crazy me.

"We wanted to know what you were doing all alone in the city. And great! You've grown up. Look at you, wearing short skirts and short tops, cutting your hair short like a stripper, coming home at midnight, hanging out with a guy, disobeying your parents. What do you think you're doing Twyla? Just because you left the city doesn't mean you can go around and do whatever you wish. God knows what you've been doing. Partying, drinking, and bitching?", her voice started at null and now it has reached to a high pitched yelling. The kind that comes when your voice breaks.

"Done?", I ask patiently. I promised myself that I'm not going to get angry. Breathe Twyla through your nose, mouth and ears. I can feel Tom's eyes on me. My ears, for some reason feels like Chimneys. And the top my head feels like it would be blown off like Tom cat.

"Point number one, I am twenty and of course, twenty means I've grown up. Point number two, yes. I cut my hair and I want something that suits my face. I don't want to go around looking hideous with that long hair and you know I hate maintaining my hair. Point number three, this skirt reaches my knees so that doesn't count as a short shirt. I'm wearing a crop top not a bikini and no amount of skin is visible.", she tries opening her mouth and I wave, asking her to stop.

"Point number four, it's not midnight yet and I was not staying at someone's place all night. Point number five, this is Tom and he's my brother. I'm not going around like a whore. Point number six, I've not been to any party yet or drunk like ever. And it's you who's bitching with me and not me!", I know I've spoken out loud but it requires huge effort to keep my voice even.

I'm not going to break down. I'm not going to show myself how weak I still am in front of them.

"So you think whatever you're doing is right and we are wrong?", she asks me angrier than before.

"No mom. That's not what I mean. All I meant to tell you is that whatever I'm doing is not as bad as you think it is. I'm not going around drinking and having sex with random guys. I'm still a virgin m-", she cuts me off.

"Do you think we are doing this because we don't want you to enjoy life? We are looking out for you Twyla. As parents we know what's good for you and what's not. We are trying to mold you into someone who will be an ideal wife, an ideal mother and all.", dad agrees with her, mumbling something under his breath. Man of many sounds.

Sometimes it feels like dad is looking out for me but all the other times he just agrees with mom. At first when he came to settle with us after all those years abroad, he was my only escape. I used to tell him my point of view of things and his silence made me feel like he agreed with me. Later did I realize that he never understood my perspective.

"Mom you don't have to look out for me all the time. Let me make my mistakes and learn from them.", I say through my teeth.

"You're immature and irresponsible Twyla. How do you expect us to trust you? You're naive and you don't know what's right and what's wrong. How do we trust you after all those mistakes you've made? And look at you, still disobeying us!", she yells.

"I'm not doing a capital crime here and I will be this way. You're never going to trust me anyway. No matter what I try to do. Why should I bother about earning something I am never gonna get. What you don't understand is that everyone tends to make mistakes and learn from them. I did mine and I learnt. So I'm going to live my own way and if you have any problem with that you can leave me alone.", There. I said the words I shouldn't have but I wanted to say them.

Mom slaps me on my cheek. The good thing about getting slapped is that my skin never gets marked and I have no worries of what if people see the palm prints on my face.

Tom comes forward pulling me to his side in a defensive stance.

"No Tom. Stay out of it. I can manage!", I push him away and boldly walk to her face. She gives me another 3 slaps to remember.

"The way you stand nonchalantly makes me want to slap you to death. I wish I didn't have you as my daughter.", Mom yells. Her hands are pale from slapping me and I just stand holding my chin up.

"Me too!", dad says spitting out those words for the first time.

"I wish I had parents who would understand me. Leave now. Get out!", I shout. My eyes are swelled up but I am not going to cry in front of them. My chin is still up and I notice from the corner of my eye they leave banging the door. I ignore my stinging cheeks and bite my lip from quivering.

Tom comes forward and pulls me towards him. I break down completely. Holding his shirt in my fists, I completely cry myself out. He just pats and speaks.

"Today I realized that they aren't completely wrong.", he says and I look up at him.

"Yeah you're right Tom!", I say in between my hiccups.

"Come on let's clear up the mess," he starts wiping my face with a wet towel giving me some water to drink.

"I know I should go apologize. I've been a really bad daughter. I shouldn't have spoken so bad to them." I say, my eyes blurred with tears.

"Nah. That's not what I meant. You're not completely wrong and they aren't completely right either. They shouldn't have treated you the way they did.", he says and I hiccup in response.

"Should I go apologize?", I ask.

"Nope. Let them cool their asses and so will you. Give them time to realize where they went wrong-", a call on his phone interrupts the talk. It's Violet. She's waiting for him at his room.

"Go on Tom. It's Christmas for God's sake. Go spend a lovely night with V.", I push him towards the door.

"You sure you'll be okay?", he asks worried. I show him my goofy grin in return and slam the door at his face.

•••••

After a few minutes of tossing and turning in the couch I realize that I can't sleep tonight. So I decide to mess up Vida's bed. I didn't want to jump and break it but whatever it doesn't help me sleep. So I roll up the quilt and bedspread and throw it an a corner. Beds and I have a very bad relationship.

Sleep! Let me sleep. Stupid bed please will you let me sleep?

Maybe I should try singing myself a lullaby to sleep. La la loo loo. My voice sounds so beautiful. Okay, I should stop trying to compete with the Froggy friends out there. They must be scared.

I try the couch and finally I decide to try the floor. It's too cold! I should try hugging the floor some other time. Now I give up trying to sleep. I don't want to sleep ever!

Finally, I knock at the Giant's door. He opens the door rubbing his eyes. I push him inside and whisper Merry Christmas at his ear making him shiver. This guy is such a softie.

Where's the couch?

I finally spot it and rush and jump on it hoping it would help me sleep. He is watching me curiously. Finally he settles down on the chair and within few minutes he's snoring.

Having lost my sleep I slowly run to my room and bring my paint. Brushes are of no use when I have my amazing fingers. I dip my finger in paint and smear it below his nose painting a mustache. Then a Chinese beard. I write GIANT on his forehead. He's sound asleep to even notice. I quickly take a picture of him in my phone. He looks so cute like a puppy dog. I close his open mouth.

Suddenly his hands come from nowhere grabbing me by my waist and pulling me to his lap. His eyes still closed, he reclines the chair and I try to wiggle myself from his arms. My breath is ragged!

I teach my heart how to beat. Lub dub. Not thump thump!

He's asleep again and his snores fill my ear. I gave up fighting to release myself long ago. Now I have no choice but to sleep on his chest.

It feels good but...nevermind. Let me make myself comfortable. I adjust myself earning a moan in response and I feel something digging on my butt cheeks. Whatever it is, I don't mind.

I close the paint and place it on the table and rest myself on his chest. His chest moving up and down is like singing me to sleep. My heart is going to have to be replaced because it seems to have forgotten its job completely.

•••••

Someone shut the sun!

The sun is looking straight at my face and where's the chipmunk? She should learn to shut her curtains. Wait! I'm not in her bed! This one's fluffier.

With the closed eyes I try bouncing on the bed and it's springy. Wow. I continue bouncing till I hear a voice.

"I know you're up. Go brush your teeth I'm making you tea.", It's the Giant.

I realize that I was sleeping on his lap yesterday night and when did he transfer me to the bed? Omg! Did he rape me? No! Noooooooo! I'm alright, my pjs are not wrinkled.

Okay. Why does he remember that I don't like Coffee? He's just as crazy as his mom.

I wake up from the bed and make my way to the bathroom. He left a new white brush for me. Eww! I'm not a fan of white brushes. There's pink. Yay!

I grab the pink brush and brush my teeth. When I get out I push it inside my pant pockets and make my way to the kitchen. He has a cup of Earl Grey tea ready for me. How sweet.

When he looks at me, he bursts out laughing. Such a beautiful good morning! I look hideous I know with my hair sticking out in random directions. But it's not my fault that he doesn't have a mirror in his bathroom.

Don't get me wrong, I don't look that hot. But that's just my hair you know. My beautiful bed hair that I hate taming with my hands.

He pulls me by my waist and clicks a photo with his phone. He then hands it over to me. Holy frogs!

He's painted my face. Not only did he paint my face, he has written OAF on my forehead. It's a payback for what I did yesterday to him. I grab him and pull his hair while he's yelling at me to stop.

Let's not think about the fact that I don't wash my face except when I bath. Hush it's a secret.

I drown the tea and rush to the bathroom to wash my face.

"Aren't you going home for Christmas?", I ask the Giant.

"I have to. I was waiting for you. Get ready and come on!" he orders me. Being with crazy Claire is better than being alone. And being with Giant is better than that.

Forget I said that.

"That's my brush!", he shouts to me when I walk out of the room.

He's acting like Mr. Bean. You guys must know Mr. Bean is my inspiration. He is the best of MRs and he's my dad. (I wish)

"Not anymore!", I blow him a kiss and walk to my room. The door to my flat is ajar and I must've forgot to lock them. There's someone inside.

I rush to the Giant grabbing him by his collar and shut his mouth before he could open it to shout.

"There's someone in my room." he bursts out laughing. When he realizes I'm not playing pranks I list him out on what we need to catch the thief.

Nineteen things needed to catch a robber.

1. A baseball bat or any other bat
2. A pack of flour
3. Little oil
4. Chilies
5. Pebbles
6. Ropes
7. Chair
8. A duct tape
9. A garbage bag
10. Scissors
11. Active fingers
12. Knee
13. A rat trap
14. A knife
15. Blindfold
16. A few locks
17. A mosquito spray
18. Broomstick
19. A saucepan

With the saucepan in hand I feel like Rapunzel. Having gotten all the items we walk to my room. The robber is in the kitchen. I have instructed the Giant on what to do.

Saucepan in my right hand and oil in my left we slowly tiptoe to the kitchen.

On the way we have placed the mouse trap and scattered pebbles everywhere. The chair ready in the living along with other necessary items.

The robber has his back to us his profile reminding me of someone. But he's a thief and I'll catch him no matter what.

I drown the oil on top his head the moment Giant empties the flour on top of it. The robber starts to scream so I push the chilies down his mouth. I grab him in a headlock and the Giant puts the garbage bag on after plastering his mouth with a duct tape.

We let him walk on his own so he gets trapped in the mouse trap and skid down on the pebbles. I feel sorry for the robber. So I grab him and plant a kiss on what seemed like his cheek feeling sad for him when the Giant glares at me.

I can smell the jealousy. It's all in the air.

We finally tie him down to the chair using ropes and lock it securely using 5 huge locks. Now there's no way he can escape. With a baseball bat in Giant's hand and a broomstick and saucepan in mine we open the garbage bag from his head.

I've seen this rainbow hair somewhere! Where did I? Wait!

Oh no! Oh yes! Don't tell me it's him!

Great!

Merry Christmas My Sweet Friend!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi again! Sorry for the delayed update coz I got busy with college again.

We had to make a wish tree besides our records and all. College sucks.

Anyway. How was this chapter? How did you all like it!

Sorry if it got really boring with arguing and all. I had to sneak out to update coz mom was always standing beside me with a saucepan to check if I'm doing my homework or playing around with my phone. And trust me getting hit with a saucepan hurts.

I really did not like this chapter personally. Twylaness was nowhere to be seen. :( So please comment to let me know how it was and I promise that the next chapter will be awesome as usual.

Vote

Comment

Love you all....

^o^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 19.7K 32
Going back to my old title 'Is He A She?!' instead of the Tapas one 'Testoster-zone.' _______ ❝Sometimes you don't have...
7.2K 183 22
"OH MY GOD." I quickly remove my hands from Ethan's face, but he keeps his arms around me. It was Lorena. "I leave you...outside for two hours.....a...
97K 2.9K 57
(Disclaimer! This a romantic relationship with Tommy and I don't want to sexualize him. I will take this down with no hesitation if Tommy or anyone e...
840K 37.6K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...