[Complete] Now & Forever: Dra...

By _Books4l

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj, just a simple girl from New York. She has faced challenges throughout her life t... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty Five (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty Five (Part 3)
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Dricki OneShots: POSTED!
Chapter Thirty
Thank You ☺️
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Three
Just Incase
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
DRICKI ONESHOTS
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Everlasting: Dave Ea$t x Bernice Burgos
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Now that I have your attention...
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Epilouge
Sequal Posted
Song Bird!

Chapter Thirty Two

1.9K 76 7
By _Books4l

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

Waiting for her to answer me felt like an eternity. Before I flew out to New York, I had went to Toronto to pay a visit to my mother and to my grandmother's grave. I hadn't gone to see her in a while and it honestly made me feel like shit.

I told my grandmother everything about my life in the past year, especially the best thing, meeting Kennedy, falling in love with her and now, expecting a baby. It was bittersweet but the little bit of Hennessy I'd taken with me was comforting.

"She's the one Bubby, I just...I wanted your blessing to give her the ring you gave me." I pulled the black box from my pocket and opened it. It was my grandmother's wedding ring, she'd given it to me a few months before she passed and told me to give it to the one I'd marry. I think she knew her time was coming and she wanted to leave me with a piece of her. "She's having my baby, we're going to be happy. I'm not proposing because of that though, I'm doing it because there's no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with." I paused and took another sip, "Plus, I owe that to her." It was quiet for a while since I was the only one in the cemetery. The sun was setting and it was snowing but I didn't mind it.

"You would've loved her, probably more than you loved me. The best thing about her, besides her beauty is the fact that she doesn't need me. I think that's my favorite thing about her. She has her own everything and it also scares me. I'm so used to keeping women, hanging their dependency on me over their heads, using it as bait which is messed up, but Kennedy, she stopped me right in my tracks. She made me grow up and I respect her for that." I let out a deep sigh. "I miss you."

"She misses you too Aubrey," I turned around upon hearing my mother's voice. I smiled up at her and she came and stood next to the chair I was sitting in. "Why didn't you tell me you wanted to marry her?" Her smile was huge and I knew then that she approved.

"I was going to, I just wanted to tell Bubby first." I said and she squeezed my hand. "She'd love her Aubrey, no doubt about it."

"How'd you know I was here?" I asked her after standing and picking up the folding chair. My mother gave me a dirty look before snatching the liquor bottle out of my hand which made me laugh a little. "Did you forget that I gave birth to you? I know you more than you know yourself."

"That's funny," I said as we walked towards our cars. "Kennedy says the same thing to me all the time."

"What?" Kennedy sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Did you just...maybe I was dreaming." I watched her lay back down and I couldn't help but smile.

"Ken, I just asked you a question." I nudged her and she opened her eyes again. I held out the black box to her and her eyes went wide. "So you did just ask me to marry you?" I watched her sit up and I took a deep breath, and waited on her to stop acting like she didn't have any sense.

She opened the box and seeing tears come to her eyes almost did the same thing to me but my nerves were overriding any other emotions I was feeling at the moment. "Aubrey it's beautiful," She threw her arms around me and I smiled and kissed her forehead. I heard her sniffling, then she pulled back a little. "Wait," Her eyes softened and she bit her lip nervously. "You're not proposing because I'm--"

"I wouldn't do that Kennedy, I wouldn't do that to you...I want to do this right. I want to marry you, I want to spend my life with you. I need something more than a baby to make us permanent. I mean I don't go to church and shit but I need some kind of spiritual tie to you. That's the only way I want to do this." I reached over and wiped her tears away before taking the box from her and pulling the ring out. "So, what do you say? You up to spending the rest of your life with The Boy?"

She glanced down at the ring for a few seconds before opening her mouth, which was quite understandable. "Of course, I wouldn't imagine being anyone else's wife except yours". Without hesitation, I took the ring from the box and put it onto her left ring finger. It felt so surreal, I felt like a little kid in a candy store. Out of the variety of things you could choose from, I've made my mind up and chose her.

This ring wasn't like the other I'd given her as a gift, though they both belonged to my grandmother. This ring was actually worn by my grandmother as a symbol of her unity with my grandfather, and she wanted me to continue the legacy with my wife.
I'd never even imagined giving this ring to anyone, or even getting married until I met Kennedy. She was something special, and I felt that when I went to see Bubby.

"I know this isn't the ideal proposal, but I've been thinking about this for some time. Today is your birthday and I just couldn't wait any longer".
She looked at me for a moment, placing a kiss on lips. "I appreciate everything you do Brey, this couldn't be more ideal".

•••••

I stepped into the foyer of my Calabasas home, smelling the scent of weed and other things. I heard music coming from the kitchen and saw miscellaneous things on the floor as I walked through the hall way. This was a big reason why Kennedy could not live here while raising my child, it was too much of a party palace.

"What the fuck is all this shit man"? I asked OB and Ryan as they leaned against the kitchen counter. "We threw a crazy ass party last night, should've been here. Bitches were everywhere, I mean they were deep".

I sarcastically clapped as Chubbs walked into the kitchen, "We come back to this, thanks niggas".  He said to OB and Ryan, referring to the mess they'd let happen. "They had a fucking party". I said, shaking my head as I threw away a few of the red solo cups that were everywhere.

OB chuckled, "When did you become so upset about parties, I thought that Aubrey was the life of the party". Ryan smirked, "He's about to be father, Kennedy got him changing for the better".

OB laughed, "Everything just happened so fast man. I could've swore you just met her at the club, and she dissed your ass". I threw up both of my middle fingers, flicking him off, "It's almost been a year, shit changed".

After a while of goofing around with the guys for a bit, it was time to get back to business. I didn't want to leave Kennedy a day after her birthday and our proposal, but I had a few things to settle in California. I wanted her to come out here with me and possibly see about a few homes and buildings, but she had some type of meeting for her company.

On my end, I wanted nothing more than success for her company but I felt like California was the place for us. The homes were beautiful and Los Angeles is the ideal place for a celebrity hair salon, especially for someone who has already had her hands in the business for a while. I was willing to compromise for the sake of our relationship, but there was a high possibility that California would be our ultimate decision.

"I've been going back and forth for a while, but I've finally got the plans for the tour". Oliver said, walking into my home office with a stack of papers.

"Talk to me".

"We announce the tour dates and in the midst of everything, you and Future drop the tape. You got your previous albums, the tape with Future, and the announcement of the new OVO collection. The people are going to go crazy, which would easily lead to sold out shows and a greater profit all around".

I placed my left hand under my beard, "Who were you think about bringing"?

He shrugged, "If we're going to do this, we might as well go all out. A few show-openers from the label, Future, and whoever else got some hot shit on the radio right now sounds good".

I shrugged, "I'll have to think about this shit man. I can't just sign that contract without discussing it over with Kennedy. I'm not ready for a tour right now, I can't be gone all that time while she's dealing with the pregnancy, it isn't healthy right now".

Oliver sighed, "Well what do you plan on doing, running back and forth to New York"? I shook my head, "We're looking at places now, hopefully she decides to move here".

Oliver nodded his head, "Are you sure you aren't doing this just because she's pregnant. I know it's ideal to move in with the mother of your child, but her moving on the other side of the country is a big deal.". I was about to say something, but I was abruptly cut of.

"I'm not saying that to be disrespectful because I know where her love stands for you, but I'm worried about you Aub. We all know you like the back of our hands, and we've watched you fuck over a good tingz. Are you really sure you can do this with Kennedy because you want to and not just because she's carrying your child"?

I sighed, "I feel it man, and I put that on everything I love".

Oliver smiled, "I just want you to be happy man. I've seen you settle for anything, and I know she's different". He got up from his seat, saying that he was going out for an minute, which left me in the office alone.

I picked up my phone going to my Instagram app, liking a few of the pictures I saw on my timeline. Being the lurker I was, I went to Kennedy's page to see if she'd posted anything about the pregnancy or the proposal. We hadn't discussed anything about revealing the pregnancy or proposal to the media, but I'm sure they'd find something out soon.

One of her pictures caught my eye, it was took today. Her left hand was covered and her hands was over her stomach. She wasn't showing much, so most wouldn't guess that she was pregnant, unless you just had some type of insight.

@Kennedynm_: Thank you guys for all of the birthday wishes, I really enjoyed my day. 28 years old and couldn't be more happier! ❤️😘

I smiled liking the picture, and as if she was reading my mind- her name and picture flashed across my screen, indicating an incoming FaceTime call. I clicked the green answer button, watching as her beautiful face popped onto my screen.

"Why didn't you call and let me know you made it home Brey". I smiled, "I forgot, I just had a quick meeting with Oliver and it skipped my mind".

"Don't do that, you leave me worried when you don't let me know that you've landed".

"I'm fine baby, how was your meeting"?

She sighed, "It was stressful, they're really not seeing my vision right now. I really want to expand into something bigger then extensions, I love wigs".

"I thought they'd made it clear that you were in control of all creative decisions, it's your company".

"I know, but they provide on the financial and production end of the deal. They feel like their ideas matter because they're putting in money, or at least more than I am".

"I'll pay for it".

She shook her head, looking into the camera. "No, you know how I feel about depending on you for financial stability".

"It isn't financial stability Kennedy, you already have money. I don't want that company to hold money over your head and take away from your dreams. If I can blow hundreds of thousands- hell even millions of dollars on cars and homes, I can give my fiancé what she needs".

She smiled, "Thank you babe".

I smiled, "You don't have to thank me, what I have is yours.  You don't have to stress Ken, especially about money. I'll have the money in one of your accounts by tomorrow morning.".

"I'll be on the lookout daddy".

I smiled, thinking about how she would look at our wedding ceremony. I could imagine all of our friends lined up, participating as groomsmen and bridesmaids. Our parents would be sitting up front, and one of them would be holding our child. Anybody that she wanted to sing would be there, and I would most likely cry as the doors opened and revealed my beautiful bride".

"What are you smiling at creep"?

I shook my head, "Just thinking about the wedding, how things would be and all that other shit".

She smiled, "I don't want a big wedding, I don't really have a lot of friends and my family is back in Trinidad".

"It could be small if that's what you want, everything is in your hands babe".

"Oooooo babe, I want Brian McKnight to sing while I walk down the isle. I want You by Jesse Powell to be the song that plays while every walks down the isle. I also want Lauryn Hill and Musiq Soulchild to sing, that would be so fucking beautiful".

I laughed, "So you just have everything all planned out"?

"I've been planning my wedding since I was a little girl, it's just important that I have everything that I want".

I laughed, "Have you told anybody about the engagement"?

She shook her head, "No, I'm a little scared to. We just told everyone that we were expecting then we're gonna hit them with the engagement. I kinda want them to figure it out, maybe surprise them".

I laughed, "My mom knows, but I don't know how the boys would react if I told them I popped the question. They can't even believe i'm in a relationship, let alone married.".

She smacked her lips, "Well they better believe it".

As I was about to say something, the door of my office opened, revealing OB. He stood by the door with a bottle of water in his hand and a shocked expression rested on his face.

"Did I just fucking hear what I thought I heard".

Of course, written by fyesdrizzy and I

Comment & Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 9.3K 32
Nicki (Onika) Maraj, 25, works at the strip club all night every night to support her two twins. Beyoncé, 28, is a player with a tough front involved...
136K 7.5K 69
Beyonce and Onika work together and eventually fall in love but can they stay in love? -- (G!p) (GxG)
36.7K 1.3K 25
Onika (Nicki) Is one of the nerdy girls, in Sunset High, everyone picks on her, especially the most popular boy in school Aubrey (Drake). One day dra...
11.8K 610 28
This story is about Onika Maraj, a super busy hard working woman. She barely has time to date but as soon she gets a little time, she has to choose b...