THE GIANT GUY

By Swethaaselvam

"Is she an MR?!" 'What's an MR?" Tom asks responding to Violet's question and me being myself I interrupt the... More

WHEN I RAN INTO THE GIANT GUY
ONE NEW ROOM
TWO FRIENDS
THREE ENCOUNTERS
FOUR COMMANDMENTS
FIVE FINGER RULES
MR Songs
SIX NEW THINGS
SEVEN IN THE LIST OF TOTAL BLISS
EIGHT POINTS TO REMEMBER BEFORE FEEDING TWYLA
NINE REASONS FOR REFUSING THE DISNEY QUEEN TITLE
TEN HORRIBLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN ALL AT ONCE
ELEVEN REASONS WHY I SHOULD NOT FALL FOR THE GIANT GUY
TWELVE WISHES IN MY BUCKET LIST
FOURTEEN PRINCIPLES FOR A BETTER TWYLA
FIFTEEN MISSED CALLS FROM O.M.G ITS MY M.O.M
The Fiction Awards 2016
SIXTEEN SPIDERS FOR SWEET TOMMY
SEVENTEEN REASONS WHY I THINK I LIKE THIS J GUY
EIGHTEEN WAYS TO FREAK OUT AND DIE
NINETEEN ITEMS NEEDED TO CATCH A ROBBER
TWENTEEN FOREVER
TWENTY ONE THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN TWENTY WEEKS
EPILOGUE 1 - Ah! Where are you My Giant Guy?
Wedding with the Spiders
Where's my Cheetos you stupid dumb Giant Guy?
Miss Blah Blah Blah and Mr. Bleh
Who is Twyla?
Bling Bling its MR Time

THIRTEEN REASONS WHY I SHOULD TAKE THE FERRIS WHEEL

3.5K 191 129
By Swethaaselvam

Now who the hell is that Tite?!  

Wait! There's another paper! I grab it only to be snatched from my hands. How on Earth did she become taller than me?!

"Yah! What are you doing?"

"Who's this tite?!", is that a blush I see in her cheeks? Never once have I seen her blush. Ew it's gross! I'm sick as a duck

"Stop blushing and answer me you chipmunk", I say snapping her out of her trance.

"Someone you do not know", she answers abruptly.

"And I'll be glad to know. Answer me or I'll start making my stupid assumptions"

"Okay okay! He's been writing these short sweet pickup lines for me. He's the librarian and his name is Titus."

"Titus Kinsley?!", I ask my eyes widening like golf balls. Golf balls and I even though my pupils disappeared in the white part.

"Ew no! It's Titus Messe. And for the nth time Titus Kinsley has a girl and he has moved on.", she says earning a breath of relief from me.

"I know that but since he was the only secret admirer you had and he was still stealing glances at you with his girl at his side thought he chose you over her. Thank heavens. And how long has this been happening behind my back?", I ask pointing at the pieces of papers in her hand.

"It's not my fault that you didn't notice. We've been speaking for just two days and stop making it an issue. You did the same with your last so called relationship."

"Don't pull that now and stop rubbing it in my face. And as I told you before you were kinda busy wattpadding ignoring me completely and that's why I had to find ways to distract myself and that's how shit happened. And you were too busy to even notice the calls I've been speaking. Not my fault mademoiselle."

"What did I think that I could speak to someone who rants 24*7?"

"Tomorrow I'm coming with you to the library to meet your admirer."

"Only when you promise that you won't speak to him."

"No promises missy! As if I don't know the way to the library if you don't take me."

"You're a crack head!"

"Thanks for the compliment!", I say sticking out my tongue at her.

I'm getting a lot of compliments these days. Aww!

Too much engrossed in a book I didn't notice the text until it is midnight.

*Does it feel good to have your first cast first signed by me? Goodnight!   - J*

Ew! Who's this J and how the hell did he get my number?

*Who the hell are you?* I type out a reply and wait for my phone to ping.

*Your man    -J*

That's what it takes to make me lose my sanity. Did I say sanity?! As if I know what is being sane. I start bouncing on my bed all too angrily when I find a troll head at my door.

"Stop making noises. I'm trying to sleep."

I ignore her and keep bouncing only to blow up my cot and land my big fat ass on the floor. I look around frantically in shock!

Hell can't happen! Nooooooo!

As for Vida she gives me a annoyed look and walks away not even bothering where I would sleep.

I face palm myself with a smile and spend the night singing on the couch. What did I sing?! The TRIBAL song aka the MR song!

"Holy hell! How strong are you?!"

My eyelids are half shut and I can make out that lanky profile hovering over me. Why is Tom Sawyer here?!

"I'm sleeping."

"I can see that! But it's going to be 12 noon! "

"So what? Shut that curtains will ya, it's too bright out there."

He opens it completely for the sunlight to flash on my face. I try getting my face into the couch but it doesn't fit me. Please god show me a way.

"Want your lunch or should I make you dinner instead?", Vida's voice from heaven asks me.

"What's for lunch?", I ask burying my head in the couch.

"Cheese sa-"

"Cheeeeeeeeeeeese"

I say jumping out of my couch and running to the table as fast as I can with my horrible hair and the loose pjs.

"Geez you look horrible! And at least brush your teeth. No rat here to steal your cheese except me maybe.", Tom puts a finger in my forehead pulling me away from the table.

I move away from him and carry the cheese slices to the bathroom with me. What if Tom cat eats all those before I come?!

"Now answer me! How the hell did you break that cot?", he asks as soon as I'm done with brushing my white pearl teeth.

"I was bouncing on it and it went down and it's not my fault. What could I possibly do when I am angry?"

"Why were you angry in the first place?"

"I was angry because I-", I stopped myself and started a different tale, "Vida didn't tell me that she was receiving letters from someone"

"What?", that was Vida's cry.

"Who?", that was Tom's cry.

And they were crying simultaneously like twin babies. Their cry was horrible. In order to stop myself from saying more I stuff my mouth with the cheese and bang my door at the bickering babies.

Yes indeed! Tom is asking her and she doesn't answer, how cool that is! I spare one glance at my broken bed and wish that I could repair it with my wand by waving 'Reparo'.

I thought repairing would take a while but sadly nothing has changed to the bed when I come out after my luxury bath. I even fell asleep in the middle of my bath. Never mind that!

Bathing with a single hand is such a pain in the ass. And dressing up with that is even harder. Thank heavens it's my left and not my right. My cast is not even half filled yet and that's the sad part.

My phone is lying on the floor in the middle of the broken bed. I take out and plug in the battery to give life to the dead phone and when it's alive there's a message.

*Good morning beautiful! I wish I could see you waking up the morning right next to me!    -J*

I throw my phone back to where it deserves to be, not in the dustbin but on the table. I get ready for a long day with my friends to watch the city wake up at night.

Today is declared as no shopping Sunday and I told everyone not to buy anything just because my pockets are almost empty and I don't want to spend the rest by shopping things I won't even need.

We plan to visit the fair which is quite nearby and Tom promised to show us the city at night. I didn't even acknowledge my cast and my new add on friends Johnny boy and loo girl start decorating my cast on our way in the bus.

I had some funny scribblings calling me Wyla Twinchester and Sophie Kinsella which is quite funny and I end up laughing as it is not as bad as Twyla Whatever. But for some reason I like Twyla Whatever better.

The first thing I want to try in the fair is the Ferris Wheel. Every one had their pairs but Vida chickened out for her fear of heights. She is a total chipmunk. She wants to try the death games, who is she kidding?

THIRTEEN REASONS WHY I SHOULD TAKE THE FERRIS WHEEL

1. Because it is a FERRIS WHEEEEL.

2. Because Vida is scared of heights and I'm not, not at all. (not at all, maybe a little but no)

3. Because that's the most important ride in a fair.

4. I like saying Ferris because it sounds like Fries. Fries Ferris Fries Ferris.

5. That's a circle and so is life.

6. I can see the world from top of it. (maybe not, it's not Burj Khalifa)

7. All others are trying it - Tom, V, John, Loo girl except Vida.

8. I can scream from the top of my lungs and nobody can hear. (can they?)

9. It's the first ride that I laid my eyes on. (that's because it is tall Vida says)

10. The cabins look like capsules and I love empty capsules as they remind me of my empty head.

11. I want to touch the sky with my hands. (nothing is impossible except me)

12. I want to reach great heights (and die suffocating - that's Vida for you)

13. Because it is FERRIS WHEEEEL. (did I tell you that before, but a Ferris wheel is a Ferris wheel and not a Ferrari)

I'm taking the wheel no matter what except that I don't want someone next to me who will throw up at that height. I look at who is taking the opposite seat and it has to be someone who I will throw up.

"You?! "

"Yes me! Miss me already?!", he asks me. And don't ask me who he is as you obviously know it's the Giant Guy.

"You wish! You won't throw up right?!", I ask widening my eyes.

"You wish!", he repeats my words.

"You're scared of heights", I ask shocked.

"Of course yes!"

"Find another seat not mine. Go away!", I try pushing him away.

"No can do! The ride has already started, so try to put up with me"

The wheel starts rising to the top and that's when I see the panic in his eyes.

Great! Now he's going to throw up!

"Why do you keep looking down? Want to try jump? Maybe I could help you with that but only when the ride is on the top! If you fall from there not a single bone of yours can be found and I'll become the happiest person on Earth! Want some help?", I offer proudly.

Maybe I should start a company!

Twyla's Deadly Services that will be named and people will praise my charity work of killing people.

"Thank you! But I'd like to stay alive for a while.", he says casting his scared eyes to the ground so very often.

"Where's your mom?", I start talking trying to distract him. All that I want from him is not to throw up.

"At home! Do you miss her too?!", smirk face asks me.

"Of course I do! Do you want to see the spider I caught yesterday?", I say digging my pocket for the small box.

"Geez! No thanks I'm already scared here."

"Who did you come with?!"

"My sister's family. Find them next to your friend.", he said pointing downwards when the wheel is right on top. I try looking down and the cabin starts dancing.

"Ah! Oh my god! This is dancing!", I start shouting from the top of my lungs. Did the wheel get stuck in here, why doesn't it budge? I can hear faint cries from all around.

"Look now who's scared and is going to throw up", he says smirking at me.

"Aren't you scared? Stop laughing at me when your heart is running on a marathon!", I say heatedly.

"My heart is running a marathon but for a different reason than yours", he says zipping his mouth shut and turning away.

I'm too distracted by the dancing cabin to pay attention to what he's speaking. Please someone help me get off this one. I really feel like throwing up.

"Do you have a chocolate?", I ask him. A chocolate a day keeps nausea at bay! That's a new proverb and don't ask me where that came from. Because I have no idea.

"Here", he hands me a packet of Cheetos.

"Cheetos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", exclamation marks will not be able to explain my reaction.

Eating and licking the pack of Cheetos I didn't know when the ride stopped. I get down and run to Vida who is standing with Clara and her parents. I take Clara in my arms and start playing with her.

She asks me to take her everywhere, to the games and sort. My hands are aching from carrying her all around, but she is the sweetest baby on earth and I'd bear any pain to make her happy. And they kick us out when the fair is about to close. 

"Bye bye. See you tomorrow!", he says when we part our ways. I stick out my tongue in response.

When midnight strikes I and Vida are on our way home, and my phone lights up with a new text.

"What's that?", Vida asks all too eagerly.

"Oh! It's nothing just battery low!", I lie to her. She nods sarcastically.

*See you in your dreams! Goodnight      -J*

That's what that crazy text reads.

••••••••

Moanday that's what today is. And my morning has to start with a crappy text.

*Happy morning to my happy angel     -J*

I throw my phone away and start to Uni. No phone, no disturbance, no stress.

Today's first class has to be language and there standing all too manly (note the sarcasm) in the middle of the class is Mr. Ja-Hee. When he spots me he smiles all too brightly and stops my way to my desk.

"How's your hand Miss Winchester?"

"Good. Thank you sir!", I beam back at him and rush to my seat.

A nudge from my side and a perverted smirk is what I earn from Vida. Glad she doesn't know about those texts yet.

"Yah! Here!", she hands me my phone, "You forgot to bring and I brought it for you"

She winks at me.

I plant my face in my arms and bang my head on the desk. Thankfully it doesn't break unlike my bed.

"When were you going to tell me that Ja-Hee has been sending texts to you?", she smiles all too evilly.

"Oh I remember telling you! And remember it is just J not Ja-Heeee", I drawl for annoying her.

"Not really! You didn't tell me at all!"

"I do! You were playing with your phone yesterday and I remember telling you about this."

"Oh! Maybe I would've forgotten."

Yay! I won! Thank heavens that she forgets every single thing. I sigh in relief.

But I didn't realize that I'm only half way through the mission. There is Mr. Ja-Hee sneaking glances at me and smiling at me so very often that I had no choice but to concentrate on the class.

Maybe Vida is right! Maybe this Mr. Ja-Hee is J!

But whatever it is I'm not going to reply these texts so why bother. He'll die trying and I'll dig a 50 feet grave and make sure he doesn't come out even in his next life.

Aarghh! But I have to know who that J is first before I die of suspense!

The chipmunk snaps me out of the trance. She is all in a bubbly mood today that she notices everything that's been happening around me. She looks at me as if asking me if she's right.

But who am I? The amazing Twyla Whatever!

"I stand by what I said. He's not my secret admirer DOT", I say blowing my hair with my mouth.

I started walking forward looking around to find that particular someone and stay away from his line of sight and save myself from another disaster. Suddenly a shoulder bumps into my broken one and I stumble forward. Thankfully safe hands of Tom holds me in place.

"I'd say thank you to you first for saving my life, but there's someone waiting for a reaction from me", I say to Tom and turn around.

"What are you?! And why me?! Am I looking like nothing to you or don't you have eyes to look forward when you walk? I think you would walk better when you're blind. One day I'm going to dig those two eyeballs and throw them through the window or fry them for dinner", I say at his neutral face but I can still notice the pinch of smile at the corner of his lips.

"Thank you", I say to Tom and guide Vida to the lockers.

But a ghost keeps following me and by the shadow I know it's just this Giant Guy.

"What?!", I snap at his face.

"What?", he asks me back.

"Why do you keep following me?"

"Oh really!? It's you who's following me!", he folds his arms and leans on the wall for support. The wall isn't actually a wall and is just someone else. That guy moves away annoyed and Mr. Giant stumbles to the ground.

I burst out laughing, so does Vida.

Gosh! This guy is clueless!

When I am done laughing I look up to find my breath hitch in my throat. What the?!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Omo! This is the longest chapter I've typed so far.

Guess what! My college is going to start this Thursday and I will have a lot of time to update story.

And I thank everyone who prayed for the sake of my sister friend Malmeesha. Her operation is a success and she's in rest now. Hope she recovers soon!

So? How was the chapter?! Comment on how you felt reading the chapter. That's the only way for me to improve and write more. Lately I've been losing inspiration and that is the delay for this chapter.

Hope you guys cheer me up and help me update regularly! You guys are the best.

Vote

Comment

Love you all

^ω^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 62.4K 53
"For a place called Paradise City, this island sucks. I don't think a single day has gone by that I haven't thought about stabbing the shit out of my...
2.6M 70.6K 49
COMPLETED BUT EDITING ~~~~🌸~~~~ "Look who joined us boys. If it isn't the GG herself." I rolled my eyes and taped my hands as one of the annoying j...
2.8K 62 33
"You're such a asshole Cartman." "Hehe~ And that's why you love me. You love the asshole Kyle!!~" "Oh shut up man. Hehe." Kyle then lends and gently...
2K 67 19
"Well then. That's the first time a girl has ever rejected my close proximity," he said, eyes ablaze with a playful fire. "You better get used to it...