Black Magic // Percico

By Opheliac_

✓~ Nico Di Angelo wasn't much for humans. So pesky with their small minds and lack of flare. But Nico was big... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Nico Di Angelo and the Time he Almost Killed a Pyromancer
Chapter Two: Nico Di Angelo and the Vinegar Drinking Psychic
Chapter Three: Nico Di Angelo and the Strange Human on the Bus
Chapter Four: Nico di Angelo and the Stupid Things Humans Do
Chapter Five: Nico di Angelo and the Second Time he Almost Killed a Pyromancer
Chapter Six: Nico di Angelo and that Handsome Hu-Wait What?!
Chapter Seven: Nico di Angelo and Rachel's Guide to Not Being Stealthy
Chapter Eight: Nico di Angelo and the Ice of the Eternal Spit
Chapter Nine: Nico di Angelo and the Unexpected Turn of Events
Chapter Ten: Percy Jackson and his Horrendously Embarrassing Family
Chapter Eleven: Nico di Angelo and WHAT BIRTHDAY?! NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS
Chapter Twelve: Nico di Angelo and the Feather
Chapter Thirteen: Nico di Angelo and Some Vicious Exploding Teacups
Chapter Fourteen: Nico di Angelo and his Incredible Relationship Mending Skills
Chapter Fifteen: Nico di Angelo and the Bloody Necromancer that Won't Go Away
Chapter Sixteen: Nico di Angelo and his Not-Twilight-At-All Moment of Idiocy
Chapter Seventeen: Nico di Angelo and the Bloody Feather
Chapter Eighteen: Nico di Angelo and the Nemo Fish
Chapter Nineteen: Nico di Angelo and his Incredibly Fucked up Family
Chapter Twenty: Percy Jackson and His Witch-y Boyfriend's Fucked Up Family
Chapter Twenty-One: Nico di Angelo and the Fun of Warlock Curses
Chapter Twenty-Two: Nico di Angelo and a Very Boring Turn of Events
Chapter Twenty-Three: Nico di Angelo and his Inability to Understand Humans
Chapter Twenty-Four: Nico di Angelo and his Greatest Fuck-Up...Ever
Chapter Twenty-Five: Percy Jackson and How Not to Handle a Break Up: A Guide
Chapter Twenty-Six: Nico di Angelo and his Hate for Pink Tea Cups
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Nico di Angelo and his Human
Epilogue
acknowledgements | character ask | sequel |

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Nico di Angelo and this Musical Montage of Heroics

3.2K 230 105
By Opheliac_

So at first I was like; "this is it, this is the climax. This is the chapter you've been planning since the start." But then I had an idea and all seriousness went down the drain. Enjoy, feel free to play the song!

"He's finally lost it."

Nico stares dazed at the ceiling, his mind fuzzing over into a confusing, whirling blur of thoughts and feels and for a second he forgets where he is and what he's doing. He think it's Thalia who spoke but he's momentarily forgotten who he is so he isn't too sure.

"Where am I?" He groans, Hazel's face appears above him as she peers down and chuckles slightly.

"On the floor."

"Oh, marvellous." Nico mutters sarcastically but then he suddenly remembered why he was on the floor in a flash of golden stupidity, "Percy!"

"What?" Hazel deadpans but he leaps into the air, flapping his wings madly and teleports out of the room.

He hovers in nothingness, tracking Percy. He's near his house, down some alley way. It's dark, storm clouds overhead, and there's someone with him...Nico lets out a snarl and he's suddenly in the alleyway, standing in front of Percy. He growls, a crouches low in a fighting position, his wings swooping backwards in an animalistic display, to make him look bigger and scarier then he actually was- which was already quite scary.

He opens his mouth to say something dramatic but he realises that he still has his earphones in, Bonnie Tyler still playing loudly from his iPod that managed to survive the fall with the cauldron.

"Oh the irony, it burns." Nico mutters to himself as Bonnie sings, 'Where have all the good men gone?' He supposed he ought to take the headphones out as they did take away from the seriousness from the situation but then Miss Tyler had spoken and he decided not to mess with that.

He pins his attention to the figure walking slowly towards him, eyes a glowing dark red and blade-like teeth resting on a bottom lip. Vampire. Nico tilts his head, he recognizes this vampire's aura, but from where?

"Look at the little fairy, rushing in to save his love." He coos, voice sickly sweet, Nico curls his lip.

"I'm a witch."

"No matter, you'll be dead soon enough."

"Excuse me? 'It doesn't matter'? Did I hear that right, there's no need to be so rude!" Nico gasps, highly offended.

The vampire steps close enough that Nico can see him clearly, he's looking very irritated and Nico realises why he recognized that aura. Arlo.

"Oh...it's you." Nico grunts, "gross."

"Gross?" Arlo screeches, "What does that mean?"

Nico shrugs, "it means gross. Now c'mon snake, let's rattle!" He foxtrots his way forward, his hands glowing purple and blue. Bonnie Tyler's still playing loudly through his earphones, black goo leaking from his eyes in his concentration and the amount of power he was beginning to channel.

'Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?

Late at night I toss and I turn,

And I dream of what I need.'

Nico shoots a purple bolt of magic towards Arlo, who back flips away from it and draws a sword from his back. Nico raises an eyebrow at how dramatic the vampire is insisting on being, shooting another bolt at him. It ricochets off the blade and back at Nico, who ducks for it to narrowly miss a terrified Percy by a hair's breadth.

"Perseus!" Nico gasps, he clicks his fingers a small protective bubble springs out of the feather necklace around his throat, "much better."

"Nico! You came to save me." Percy calls, pressing his hands against the bubble. Nico shoots him a wink then faces Arlo who was mid charge with the blade ready to swing.

'I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero

'Til the end of the night'

Nico swipes his foot out and trips Arlo before he's even slightly dangerous, another bolt of magic sent his way but the vampire rolls out of the way. Nico narrows his eyes and sends more bolts of magic Arlo's way but he dodges every single one. Snarling, Nico flicks his wrist and a sword of his own appears in his hand.

As he does so, a crack of thunder booms overhead as a heavy rainfall descends upon them. Nico briefly wonders what kind of Fate was planning all this and how they needed to stop watching such dramatic movies.

'He's gotta be strong

and he's gotta be fastand he's gotta be fresh from the fight'

Their blades meet mid-clash, Nico swipes left and jabs towards Arlo's ribs. Arlo blocks and circles his blade, catching Nico's cheek on the tip of his blade, a small scratch seeping blood, mixing with the goo that look of black tears dripping down his face.

"Now I'm mad." Nico growls, his sword becomes two smaller daggers, one in each hand. He flies up and rips one down Arlo's shoulder, the vampire lets out a roar of pain and attempts to strike Nico with his sword but the witch swoops out of the way, his wings growing talons on the end and snapping into Arlo's back.

Nico lands behind Arlo, the vampire bloody and weak. He drops his sword and lets out an unhuman snarl. His teeth grow longer and his lip slits like the joker, his hands grow claws, his eyes shrinking down to slits. He snarls and charges at Nico who tries to dodge but he slips on the wet ground and those claws catch his hip and rip up to his chest.

'Up where the mountains meet the heavens above

Out where the lightning splits the seaI could swear that there's someone somewhere watching me'

Nico screams with pain, his daggers vanishing in a puff of purple smoke. He flies out of Arlo's reach, pulling a bow and arrow from mid-air, firing 6 consecutive arrows down at the vampire, all but one miss. The one that hits pierces through his back but this crazed vampire hardly notices. Nico falters, his blood falling to the ground, hot pain surging through him. His wings flap desperately to keep him in the air but his lack of energy and the heavy downpour forces him to the ground.

He falls against the wet wall and breathes heavily, Arlo looks past him to Percy. The shield Nico created is simmering, fading in and out of focus. He forces himself to concentrate on it, to make it stronger but it blinks out of existence.

Arlo licks his lips and growls, prowling closer. Percy backs up until his back hit the wall of the ally, he lets out a whimper and grimaces. His eyes alight with fear, but dead locked on Nico. Seeing that look in his eyes, seeing that look, seeing Percy look so afraid, be in so much danger and him too weak to stop it. It awakens something inside him.

'Through the wind and the chill and the rain

And the storm and the floodI can feel his approach like a fire in my blood.'

"Hey, Twilight!" Nico yells with energy and power he didn't know he had, he reaches out with a sparking black rope and yanks the vampire away. He swings him around and into the wall beside him. His wings striking out once again and slicing him with the sharp points.

Arlo screeches and jumps for him, Nico ducks and grabs Arlo's sword with the rope and pulls it to himself, making another appear in his hands. The blade a rich black. He swings Arlo's sword around and thrusts it to Arlo's already wounded shoulder, aiming to cut him in two but Arlo swivels out of the way and it just scratches him, but it's enough to distract the vampire. Arlo grabs the sword with his bare hands and rips it from Nico's grasp just as Nico brings the black sword up and through his chest.

Arlo lets out a scream and echoes through the night, Nico's eyes hardens and he twists the blade and pushes it deeper. The vampire's eyes fade to lifeless stones as the last lyric plays through the earphones, the rain pouring down around him.

'I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero'Til the end of the night.'

Yeah I lied, it got dramatic. xD I'm so sorry for the wait but I think I'll be finishing this story sometimes soon as they aren't many chapters left. Hopefully another chapter will be published tonight. Remember to leave your questions for the characters (and me) on the previous chapter!

Please leave your thoughts! I love reading them :)

Percy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.4K 17
Heeeyyyy! I see you are Nico Di Angelo trash. Here are some one-shots for you. These may be cute and fluffy or sad and heart-breaking. Please bear wi...
141K 4K 13
Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, has looked death straight in the eyes with complete confidence, not wavering a bit. But when it comes to a certain son...
151K 5.7K 27
Will Solace is a tattoo shop owner Nico Di Angelo is a flower shop owner What would happen if their paths crossed?
109K 2.2K 34
Just having fun with the bad boy himself Leo Valdez. You can send in requests but no smut of lemon ok love you bye