Fate's Desire [Sesshomaru x R...

By jjs797

Seven years since the ending of Inuyasha The Final Act, ten years since the death of Naraku, a new adventure... More

Prologue
I: Haunted Memories
II: The Good Old Days
III: Busted
IV: Truth
V: Nightmare
VI: Abduction
VII: The Siblings
VIII: Crimson Moon
IX: Rage
XI: In Your Arms
XII: A New Beginning
XIII: Departure
XIV: First Encounter
XV: The Village of Sorrows
XVI: Torture
XVII: Ode to Protect
XVIII: A Single Scratch
XIX: A Simple Favor
XX: Alexander vs. Sesshomaru
XXI: Touch of Poison
XXII: Amarié
XXIII: Drugged
XXIV: Unmei
XXV: In Remembrance
XXVI: The Saber of the Three Worlds
XXVII: Bleeding Forest
XXVIII: Anger
XXIX: Vision
XXX: Fate
XXXI: Training
XXXII: Blood and Weakness
XXXIII: A Mother's Love
XXXIV: To Give and to Take Away
XXXV: Gift of Darkness
XXXVI: Touch of Death
XXXVII: Death's Deal
XXXVIII: Temple of Amaterasu

X: Healing

4.6K 162 9
By jjs797

"Our father?!"

Sesshomaru kept his dull expression steady, ignoring Inuyasha's shocked exclamation.

"But when I came across the saber, it was already in the hands of another demon."

"What the hell do you even want with this weapon?!"

"Isn't it obvious? For power."

"You already have power! What reason could you want more power for?!" Inuyasha snapped.

But Sesshomaru simply turned and walked away from Inuyasha.

Now is not the time to reveal my motives.

-

Rin

I had a dream.

There was blood. A lot of blood. I was trying my best to sustain my injuries, but my efforts were futile.

I was dying, as I looked up in the shocked and anguished golden eyes of Lord Sesshomaru.

And that's when I realized.

He was holding me in his arms, his expression horrified.

Horrified because he was the one who had just killed me.

A sinister laugh sounded around us.

But Lord Sesshomaru acted quickly.

He removed a sword from his side, a new sword in the shape of a saber.

And then he plunged it through my heart.

It was a horrible dream. So horrible that I woke up in tears, my body trembling uncontrollably.

I've never had such vivid of a dream.

But one thing scared me even more.

I couldn't move my body.

I tried to pull my arms up to sit myself up, my arms feeling very limp and fuzzy. But it was my legs that I couldn't feel/

I feared the worst.

"Don't try to move, Lady Rin. You're okay, we just had to numb your body so you wouldn't feel the effects of your injuries." An unfamiliar face appeared before my eyes. A doctor, I assumed.

"What... What happened?" I asked, shocked that my voice was there.

"When Lady Kagome brought you to us, you were on the verge of death. It was a miracle you survived in the first place with all your injuries. She said you were healing yourself. You must have outstanding healing abilities."

I let out a soft laugh. Right, I had forgotten that Kurayi demon had tried to kill me.

"What happened to the demon that tried to kill me?"

"He's dead. Along with the his sister."

"Dead?" I'm surprised they died that easily. Who killed them?

Now that I think about it..

"Where am I? And how did I get here?"

"You are in one of Lady Kagome's spare rooms. She brought you back after fending off the demons."

I smiled. Sometimes I forgot how strong she was.

"So Kagome killed the demons?" Wow. Impressive.

"Not exactly."

The doctor quickly excused himself from the room.

I sighed as I turned my head to the door, hearing footsteps come closer.

"I'm coming in."

I watched as the door slid open, revealing bare feet.

He still refused to wear shoes after all these years.

"You look horrible." He said with a smirk on his lips.

"Thanks."

"Can you move?"

"If I could, wouldn't you think I'd be up and gone from this place instead of laying here helpless?"

"You've got a point... I guess." Inuyasha mumbled as he sat down in front of me.

"So how are you?" Inuyasha asked, although the expression his face was one that could care less. He even looked a bit uneasy.

"Oh, just wonderful." I muttered sarcastically.

"I'm serious." He spoke with a more serious tone.

I let out a soft laugh.

"It sucks not being able to move my legs. And I don't like how my arms feel right now."

"At least you aren't screaming or crying from your broken bones." Inuyasha smirked.

"I wouldn't do that anyway!"

"Anyway, you should know that S-"

"SIT!"

Inuyasha face planted into the ground as the door slid open, revealing an angry Kagome, with a wide eyed Izayoi at her hip. Kagome was panting hard, annoyance on her expression as she glared down at Inuyasha.

These two were married, but I swear, most of the time I would see them together one of them would be yelling at the other. It was hilarious though.

"Kagome?! What the hell?!" Inuyasha roared as he tried to lift up his head.

"Daddy calm down!" Izayoi said with a slight giggle as she patted her father's head. Inuyasha's eyebrow twitched in annoyance as he groaned.

"What was Inuyasha saying?" I asked Kagome. She held a nervous look in her eyes, although her expression was now switched to one of eagerness.

"Nothing! We just have a present to give you when you can move. So heal up, okay!" She spoke with a huge grin and squinted eyes.

"And when can I move?"

"Hmm... I dunno.. I think the numbing drug wears off in a few hours..." Kagome spoke mostly to herself as she tapped her chin in thought.

"You probably don't wanna go without the drug, though. You'll feel every broken bone in your legs." Inuyasha said as he pushed himself slowly off the ground, a gleeful Izayoi on his back.

"I thought you healed me?" I directed my question towards Kagome.

"I healed only your major bones. I'm not as great of a healer as you are. But I wouldn't use your healing abilities any time soon. You used too much of your spiritual ability to sustain your life back there. It will take a while to build all that up. So that means don't do anything rash and stupid or you'll seriously hurt yourself again." Kagome said.

"I can handle it." I told them. Kagome and Inuyasha both rolled their eyes at me

"Would you like anything to eat or drink in the meantime?" Kagome offered.

"Maybe a few of those dumplings from the party..."

Kagome squealed. "Im glad you like them! Its a miracle those turned out delicious, since Izayoi and Inuyasha both spilled some random stuff in there.. what was it you put in there again?"

"Mommy, I think you're freaking Auntie Rin out." Izayoi said.

I just hoped whatever had fallen in the dumplings on accident wasn't anything poisonous.. God knows what Inuyasha and Izayoi did.

"Oh! Don't worry, Rin. I'll be right up with your dumplings!"

Kagome took a hold of Inuyasha's wrist, yanking him up and dragging her behind him while Izayoi jumped off her father gracefully.

"What's wrong with your mom?" I asked her with a raised brow.

"Mommy guessed that daddy was going to ruin the surprise for you."

"The present?"

"No." She said, shaking her head.

"Oh. What is the surprise then?" I asked with a smirk.

Izayoi smiled at me. "I'm not telling!"

"And why not?" I probed, laughing along with her.

"It won't be a surprise if I tell you, Auntie Rin!"

"Fine, fine."

"Auntie Rin?"

"Yes?"

I moved my gaze behind her as footsteps approached, revealing a grinning Kohaku.

"Rin! I've come to pick you up."

I greeted him with a smile. "Pick me up?"

"Uncle Kohaku!! You interrupted me!" Izayoi cried out.

His eyes widened as he put his hands up in surrender. "Geez, you're just as scary as your mother..."

"Auntie Rin and I were having a big girl talk!"

A sly grin formed on his lips. "A big girl talk, eh? About what?"

Izayoi pointed her finger at him. "You're a boy! You aren't allowed to know!"

"I technically am a girl. I hang out with girls a lot!"

I rolled my eyes. Kohaku you idiot.

Izayoi giggled. "Go away, you're weird Uncle Kohaku!!"

Kohaku chuckled as he turned to leave us, before he snapped his head back to look at me.

"Yo, Rin. Master Jaken-"

I felt my heart stop.

"UNCLE KOHAKU!!!" Izayoi screamed. And with that Kohaku sprinted off.

Master Jaken?? Is he here?? Is Lord Sesshomaru..

"Izayoi." I spoke in a serious tone.

She turned her head slowly, her eyes holding a tense edge.

"What of Master Jaken?"

"He's... He's.."

Inuyasha, out of no where, appeared in front of us, a grimace on his face.

"Here's your food." Inuyasha squatted before me, handing me a bowl of the dumplings.

"Is.. is Master Jaken here?" I asked him.

Inuyasha's head snapped to Izayoi, her eyes widened in horror.

"It wasn't me!! It was Uncle Kohaku!!!" She pouted, pointing in the direction he had run off too.

"Kohaku that bastard.." He growled underneath his breath.

"Inuyasha." I spoke lowly.

He turned his head to meet heavy expression.

"Is Master Jaken here?" I repeated myself more harshly this time.

His eyes narrowed. "Yes."

My heart quickened.

"Then-"

"No." Inuyasha cut me off, shaking his head.

"He isn't h-"

"No. Sesshomaru and Master Jaken were separated."

I felt my heart tear as I averted my eyes from Inuyasha's somber expression, trying my hardest to keep my emotions locked in.

"I want to see Master Jaken."

"No."

I shot him a harsh glare.

"No?"

"Your health and recovery is what's most important here. And besides, Master Jaken is recovering from injuries himself."

Master Jaken was hurt??

"It'll be okay, Rin." Inuyasha assured me. "I'm sure Sesshomaru will come back for you sooner than you think."

-

edited 12/27/2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 789 21
Another Sesshomaru X reader story. OC belongs to me. I don't own you or the characters. Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.
19.8K 515 20
It had been 11 years since InuYasha and the gang - with the help of Sesshomaru - defeated one of the great Inu No Taishō's enemies. During those time...
55.4K 1.6K 35
Chiyomaru is Inuyasha's younger twin sister, a mortal girl who's demonic powers were taken from her in the womb by Inuyasha. Only powers that remaine...
153K 3.1K 36
Inuyasha tries to kill Kagome in order for Kikyo's soul to be whole again. But she was rescued by the Lord Demon Dog, Sesshomaru. He has someone to p...