Fate's Desire [Sesshomaru x R...

By jjs797

Seven years since the ending of Inuyasha The Final Act, ten years since the death of Naraku, a new adventure... More

Prologue
I: Haunted Memories
II: The Good Old Days
III: Busted
IV: Truth
V: Nightmare
VII: The Siblings
VIII: Crimson Moon
IX: Rage
X: Healing
XI: In Your Arms
XII: A New Beginning
XIII: Departure
XIV: First Encounter
XV: The Village of Sorrows
XVI: Torture
XVII: Ode to Protect
XVIII: A Single Scratch
XIX: A Simple Favor
XX: Alexander vs. Sesshomaru
XXI: Touch of Poison
XXII: AmariƩ
XXIII: Drugged
XXIV: Unmei
XXV: In Remembrance
XXVI: The Saber of the Three Worlds
XXVII: Bleeding Forest
XXVIII: Anger
XXIX: Vision
XXX: Fate
XXXI: Training
XXXII: Blood and Weakness
XXXIII: A Mother's Love
XXXIV: To Give and to Take Away
XXXV: Gift of Darkness
XXXVI: Touch of Death
XXXVII: Death's Deal
XXXVIII: Temple of Amaterasu

VI: Abduction

5.1K 173 9
By jjs797

I stepped out in the beauty of the pale new moon with a peacefully sleeping child in my arms, Kagome and Inuyasha's newborn.

The party wasn't as torturous as I imagined it would have been. Of course, Kagome's random friends she had invited were kind to me and wished me a happy 18th birthday. They had said that now that I was 18, I had ultimate freedom. The freedom to make my own choices.

And right now, there was one thing I wanted more than ever. But that seemed so out of my grasp already.

And then there was Izayoi's nightmare she had told me about. Maybe that man was just a coincidence, maybe he wasn't the monster. But the way he had looked at me and then disappeared.. something wasn't right.

Geez. She's only 6 and her powers have already developed immensely. And that was only the half part of the priestess abilities in her.

I sighed as I rocked the baby in my arms, as he twisted to press its cute chubby cheek against my forearm.

The baby had shifted from its back onto its stomach, as he let his arms fall limp.

I smiled in amusement, taking in a deep breath of the flower scented air.

I looked across the stream and through the swarm of trees that begun exactly behind Kagome and Inuyasha's house. And through these trees, if you walked a bit past the stream, you could see the tree in which Inuyasha and Kagome first met.

It was like the size and age of the tree represented Kagome and Inuyasha's love.

A loud thud suddenly sounded from behind me, as I snapped my head back, only to see the light from inside the house.

Now that I think about it, the atmosphere around me suddenly felt very heavy and oppressing.

This feeling sent an uneasy shiver down my spine as I turned my head back to the field of trees.

And thats when I saw a dark figure laying in the stream.

"I wasn't expecting the little girl I've heard about to be this.. grown up. Your beauty, I must say, is breathtaking." An eerie voice spoke next to me.

I turned my head slowly, not wanting to disturb the sleeping baby in my arms. I focused my energy around myself and the baby, forming a spiritual barrier around us.

This figure had a hood that covered his face, so I couldn't make our his facial features.

But he wore a looming cloak as he towered over me, his green eyes glowing as he stared down at me.

This is bad. I needed to get this baby out of here.

"What do you want?" I whispered.

"Isn't it obvious? You."

I tensed at the way he spoke 'you'.

The dark haired baby in my arms let out a small whine.

"I'll go with you, willingly. Just let me bring this baby back inside to his mother so he's safe."

"Hmm. Foolish girl. I know the minute you step inside, you'll tell them that I've come to take you away."

I clenched my jaw. "I won't. I promise." I pleaded.

"Tsk tsk tsk. I'm afraid I can't accept that."

I narrowed my eyes at him, strengthening my barrier around this child.

The stranger sneered. "You think a barrier can stop me?"

"No. But it can slow you down."

"Now, surely you won't run with the baby. I won't have a choice but to kill this annoying little rat." I heard a dark amusement in his voice.

"Try all you will, you won't get past my barrier."

He sighed. "Fine. I'll just destroy this huge house along with the people in it. Besides, I already have paper bombs planted all around it."

My heart dropped. That sick bastard.

"You're sick." I snapped.

"Drop the baby. And come with me." He warned, as I sensed impatience in his tone.

"Promise you won't hurt any of them."

"Fine. I promise I won't hurt your petty little friends. Now, put the child down." He hissed.

I did as he said, crouching to my knees as I set the baby down, but not before I made sure he was on soft ground. Baby Hisashi.

Thank god he didn't wake up.

I strengthened the barrier around him as I turned to this hooded creature, letting my barrier around myself dissolve slowly.

This creature suddenly appeared behind me as I felt his fingers on my side, sharp nails digging through my kimono and piercing into my skin.

Oh my god.

Izayoi's nightmare.

She dreamt my abduction.

An uncomfortable force stabbed its way through my stomach.

And it was then I felt my vision darken into black.

The last thing I heard was the faint cry of a baby. Baby Hisashi.

-

Kagome

I felt my soul shatter when I heard the terrified cry of a baby.

And it was coming from outside.

The party had grown quiet when they heard the loud wail of a child.

Inuyasha was at my side in an instant, Izayoi in his other arm.

I turned to meet his alarmed expression as they stared down into mine with harsh intensity.

And with a single exchange of our eyes, we knew.

"Hisashi.." Our little girl whispered.

Inuyasha broke off into a full on sprint, as he shifted Izayoi onto his back.

The second I stepped foot outside, my heart racing in fear for the worst, I released my breath as I found Hisashi in Inuyasha's arms, not a single scratch on his body.

Izayoi was on the ground, looking off into the distance.

I approached her small frame as her silver hair shone brightly from the house's light.

Unlike her father, her hair didn't turn into a dark color on a new moon. It had taken years but Inuyasha was finally comfortable enough to show everyone what happened to him during a new moon.

"Are you alright, Izayoi?" I asked as I bent down beside her, wrapping my arm around her small frame.

It was then that I realized she was trembling in fear as she stared up at the new moon.

"What's wrong, darling?"

"I had a nightmare."

I felt my heart drop as fear crossed her eyes.

A nightmare.

Inuyasha was at her other side, his worried eyes landing on mine.

"What.. What did you see?" I asked hesitantly.

"A monster."

"A monster?"

"Kagome. Rin was out here with Hisashi." Inuyasha told me.

"The monster had no face. Its face was dark."

"Did it take Rin?" Inuyasha asked her in his calm tone.

"Yes."

"Out of all the nights... Why tonight?!" Inuyasha snapped.

"I'm sorry, daddy. I tried to tell her."

Inuyasha frowned. "Is that why you were crying before?"

Izayoi was crying before?

"I saw the monster. In the kitchen. He stole a man's face."

Sounded similar to what Inuyasha and I went up against in the past.

"The monster was in the house?!" I gasped. I turned to go back in the house before picking Izayoi up in my arms.

"Damn it! If I wasn't in this human form-"

"Daddy, there are papers on the house."

I froze in my steps with Izayoi in my arms as I looked up at a dozen pale papers glinting with a faint black writing on it.

"What the he-"

"Paper bombs." Miroku emerged from the door with a handful of paper bombs in his hand.

"I've gotten all of them from the front of the house. Sango is searching the inside right now to see if any other traps were set."

"Thanks, Miroku."

"Say, where's Rin been? I haven't seen her around for a few hours."

"Auntie Rin was taken by a monster." Izayoi replied in my arms.

Miroku raised his eyebrow, an amused smile on his face. "A monster?"

"The monster knew daddy wouldn't be able to stop him tonight." Izayoi continued.

"Okay, that's enough sweetheart." I said. Izayoi's power at such a young age had already advanced into something terrifying.

"Miroku." Inuyasha snapped.

"Eh?"

"We have to find Rin. Now." Inuyasha stepped forward with Hisashi still in his arms, but Miroku stopped him.

"You will be staying here with your wife and children. I will go look for Rin with Kohaku and bring her back, I promise. Don't worry." I smiled when Miroku patted Inuyasha's shoulder in assurance.

"Good. I'm holding that against you. If you fail, Sesshomaru is going to kill me when he comes back."

-

edited 12/27/2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 6.6K 23
I'm an old friend of Inuyasha. We were very close, until he fell in love with that human. From then on, we grew apart. I watched as he grew closer an...
1.2K 36 11
Entering the fuedal era accidentally or rather being pushed in, your whole life changes faster than you can keep up with. During all these strange oc...
246K 6.7K 37
You're a girl who grew up in a wealthy family, with a love for music and traveling. You set out to see the world, when you happen to meet Sesshomaru...
81.4K 1.3K 27
It takes place after the final chapters. When Inuyasha and Kagome finally start to learn to trust their love and each other. But Kagome is acting rea...