affair ; jack gilinsky

By simplyomaha

a wedding day rejection turns into a secret love affair between two childhood friends. - Β© all rights reserve... More

A F F A I R
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
SECOND BOOK
SEQUEL UPDATE

TWENTY-EIGHT

24.8K 616 112
By simplyomaha

savannah's pov

"lauren, can i burrow those cute white heels? you know, with the straps?" i asked from my room.

tonight is my date with dylan; it's the first time that we're doing this since we last dated, and i'm just praying that i don't mess this up.

"my white heels?" lauren recalled as she came and stood at the door of my room. "ooo, tonight must be special then".

i playfully rolled my eyes, "yes or no?".

"they're under my bed" she chuckled and i hurried off to her bedroom. "so, where's dylan taking you?"

"i don't know, some fancy restaurant uptown or something" i explained, while struggling to reach underneath lauren's bed for the shoes.

"are you nervous?" she called out, just before i came back in.

"why would i be nervous?" i questioned and quickly placed the heels on my feet. "we've dated before."

lauren laughed, "well, judging from the right heel being on your left foot, you seem a tad nervous" she told me, and i looked down at my terrible attempt to keep cool, then switched the shoes around.

"i'm not nervous okay, just...can you zip me up please?" i refrained from going deeper into the conversation, and moved my hair to one side.

"alright, i trust you savannah," lauren began as she secured the zip to the top.

"trust me with what?".

"with dylan. i just hope that it's not a way to get over, ya know...".

"it's not," i quickly said to her. "i really like him, okay".

"then, good" she finalised, just before the doorbell rang. "looks like your date is here, i'll get it".

"no, no, i'll get it" i hastily stopped her. "i don't want you spilling something embarrassing about me" i pointed my finger at her, then patted my pink dress down before going to open the front door.

"hey," i spoke as dylan stood before me wearing dark jeans, a red flannel and a black suit jacket on top.

"wow, hey, you look...stunning" he smiled, looking at my outfit from head to toe.

i chuckled and put my hair behind my ear, "thanks".

"so, are you ready to go?" he gestured.

"yeah, let me just get my-" i turned around and lauren handed me my purse."...thanks" i smiled at her, then stepped out of the house.

"you kids have fun, don't stay out too late and keep your hands to yourself dylan" she mockingly called out as we began to walk down the hallway with her waving at us.

"she likes to try and be funny" i explained to dylan, before i glared back at lauren to cut it out.

***

the date was going really well so far. i had honestly forgotten how sweet dylan was, and how much he made me laugh. plus, it wasn't awkward at all, because we already know enough about one another, so this just felt like a fifth date in a relationship.

i scanned the dessert menu and silently debated on which one i just had to try, "this all looks so good, but i don't want to look like a greedy ass pig in front of you" i surprisingly admitted.

dylan laughed at my honesty, "come on, i've seen you stuff down two in n out burgers, when you bet that i couldn't beat you to it" he reminisced.

i smiled at him as the waiter came back to our table, "well in that case, i'll have the cheesecake, and the chocolate soufflé".

"and i'll just have the red velvet cake, please" dylan ordered.

"okay, your desserts will be with you both shortly" the female waiter said, before taking our menus and walking away.

while we waited, dylan began to explain this tech convention that he's going to soon, and then he spoke about how him and his friends were hoping to create something cool on social media.

i wasn't sure what it was. not because i didn't understand, but because i was half listening, and half thinking back to what lauren said about "trusting" me.

"...sorry, i'm boring you, aren't i?" dylan apologised as he fixed his glasses.

"no! no, you weren't" i quickly told him. "in fact, in high school, i actually went to some convention. it was hilarious, because jack and i didn't really know what we were-". i watched dylan's facial expression change as i spoke.

at first i didn't quite understand why, until i realised who's name i mentioned, so i cleared my throat.

"you know what, it doesn't even matter anymore," i brushed off and took a sip of my water. "so, uh, how's work?" i asked him.

"it's saturday night, and you really want to talk about work?" dylan raised his brow at me, as i placed my glass back down.

"yes," i chuckled. "i actually want to know, since i heard that you might be getting promoted".

"oh well, the word's going around, and i'm just praying that it's true, because i was hoping to get enough money to buy my parents a new house".

"aw, that's so sweet" i warmly smiled.

"i just think that they sacrificed so much for me to get to la, you know".

"well, they definitely made the right decision" i assured him.

dylan chuckled, "what about your job? thinking of doing it forever?".

"no way, being a fashion writer is great, but i want to do much more than that" i explained to him. "like travel the country, or even the world".

"well, you should. there's probably thousands of people who are dying to hire someone like you".

i shook my head, "i doubt that".

"come on, you should do it. even if it does mean, missing your pretty face everyday" he said and reached his hand out onto the table, where mine sat, and held it. "...you know when i first started at my job, i used to actually make sure that i got assigned to your floor, just so i could see you".

"ah, no wonder why my colleagues would warn me about some crazy guy, who kept on staring and drooling over me".

"seriously?" he panicked.

"i'm kidding," i laughed and held his hand tighter. "i'm glad you did, because i probably never would of met you" i smiled at him, and he did the same, just before our desserts began to arrive at our table.

***

dylan turned off the ignition of the car, as he parked outside of my apartment, "so, i had fun tonight".

"me too,".

"it feels like it's been so long, since we, you know, did something like that" he explained and i nodded my head.

"it was good. next time, we should catch a movie, or go go-karting or something" i suggested.

"yeah, i'd like that" he chuckled, as the conversation soon faded out.

"so," dylan began again. "this may sound a little too forward, or fast or whatever, but i really hope that we get back to how things were before".

my heart raced as i looked up at him, "really?".

"yeah, i never stopped thinking about you, savannah, and i gotta admit, i was gutted when you ended things".

"now that i think about what's gone on since then, i was stupid to do that. i'm sorry" i apologised, but he reached over and gently gripped his hand on my thigh.

"you don't have to apologise. i'm just glad that the whole you and jack thing is out the way".

my heart rate increased further, as i could barely comprehend if it was, in fact, out of the way. i just hate how the mention of jack's name, completely takes over my thoughts.

dylan licked his lips, and i looked him in eyes to see him nervously holding back his next actions.

i knew that i had to take over, because doing this would at least help me determine whether jack and i are "out of the way".

i just hope i'm doing the right thing.

i came closer to dylan and put my hand on his shoulder, before connecting our lips. he leant forward and cupped my face in his hands, as the kiss deepened.

this is the first time that we've kissed in a really long time, and it suddenly feels so different. almost too neutral and safe, that it'll take a long time to get used to again.

-

sorry for the slow update but i'm so excited to write the next few chapters, and for you all to read them.

pls vote, comment and share :-)

- anita xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 69.7K 34
living with a male during my college career was the last thing on my list. + lowercase intended highest rank: fanfiction #8
646K 18.8K 60
second book to 'affair ; jack gilinsky'. Β© all rights reserved to simplyomaha - 2016/2017/2018 highest ranking: fanfiction #82
4.3K 110 33
Hi I am Briana T Gilinsky.... yes the sister of Jack Gilinsky. I dated Matthew Espinosa. It didn't end well because I had feelings for Cameron Dallas...
22.7K 357 29
My name is Taylor Gilinskys I am a 16. I live with my dad and my brother Jack Gilinsky he's 17 My mom lives in California and my dad lives in Omaha N...