affair ; jack gilinsky

By simplyomaha

a wedding day rejection turns into a secret love affair between two childhood friends. - ยฉ all rights reserve... More

A F F A I R
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
SECOND BOOK
SEQUEL UPDATE

TWENTY-THREE

24.8K 668 239
By simplyomaha

savannah's pov

i didn't come back into work after i left.

dylan took me back to his office and he tried to push me towards telling him exactly what was wrong, but i just felt like it wasn't the right time to bring up the fact that i'd been sleeping with jack.

especially since he'd probably realise that mine and jack's first encounter overlapped with our relationship.

so, we just spoke about how things were lately and how it was nice to catch up, and it surprised me how quick it was for me to stop thinking about jack in that very moment.

later on, i drove to andrea's house and explained to her what happened. i vented, i cried, and all she wanted to do was get a gun and go hunting for jack. but i instantly told her no, since i'm never usually aware of how literal my little sister can get.

finally, i drove my car back to mine and lauren's apartment - completely tired and exhausted from today's events.

i turned the key in the keyhole and entered the apartment; it was unlocked, so i was guessing that lauren was back already.

i just wonder how much or how little she knows right now.

"lauren, i'm back!" i called out as i struggled to kick off my heels while standing up. but when i did, i chucked them and my blazer in my room, then followed the continuous sound of a spoon clinking against a mug.

"hey," i said and sat down at the small wooden table in the middle of our kitchen.

lauren was standing over, what i guessed was a cup of coffee from the aroma in the air - while wearing sweatpants and with her black hair tied up in a ponytail.

"hey," she responded. "you left your, uh, bag at work, so i bought it back for you. it's in the living room".

"oh, thanks" i smiled and pulled my hands through my hair, as she casually turned around with her cup and leant against the counter - taking tiny sips.

"...i know everything, by the way" lauren mentioned.

i looked up at her. "what? did he tell you?".

"if by he, you mean jack, no. sammy did," she explained and i wasn't even angry. i mean, someone was bound to have to explain to them what had been going on with their best friends for the past few weeks. "i also know that you never went to andrea's house on the weekend".

"i did go to her house," i corrected. "just not straight away,".

lauren shook her head and came to sit down opposite me, "savannah, don't you remember when you told me about you and jack kissing, and then you agreed to not let it go any further than that?".

"i know, and i'm sorry," i told her. "but then we kissed again, and it just felt so right, and exciting, and it just reminded me of why i fell for him in the first place".

"and you've been sleeping with him since?".

"yeah, but none of it even matters anymore. i should of kept my word, because i fell in too deep and never even questioned if our relationship would ever become a reality" i shrugged, then lauren took a small sip.

"so, what happened between you and jack today?".

i sighed, "he chose madison over me," i said before i stood up to make myself a cup of coffee. i was all cried out now, so i just aimed to brush off how much my heart was still breaking.

"...well, jack may be my friend too, but he's a huge idiot for choosing her over my best friend" lauren told me and i glanced back at her with a small smile.

"he is an idiot," i agreeably scoffed, while pouring hot water into my mug. "....but let's not talk about all that tonight. let's talk about why your phone keeps lighting up with text messages from some ashton jeffries?" i spoke and picked up her phone from the table.

lauren quickly snatched it back from my hands, then smiled at the screen as she read through the messages. "he's just a friend," she giggled and i playfully rolled my eyes.

"yeah, that's what they all say" i chuckled and so did she, just as i went back to making my coffee.

***

i hate the fact that waking up in the middle of the night can just result into contemplating the events of your whole day, or even your whole life.

but for me, it was three am and i was contemplating what will happen tomorrow; whether i would walk in and see jack, and he would persuade me to to reconnect with him one last time. or whether i'd bump into him in the copy room, and would completely shatter into pieces.

i picked up my phone from the nightstand and unlocked it to try and divert my thoughts away.

maybe he's trying to text you that he loves you, and that he dumped madison, but doesn't know how to say it - i thought, so i quickly checked my text conversation with jack, incase the little dots were visible to show that he was typing. but there was nothing.

and i was struggling to understand whether that made me feel pleased since i did tell him to leave me alone, or just upset, because what if he's already forgotten about me and i'm just pathetically lying in my bed, at three am, thinking that there's still hope between us?

i locked my phone and sat it back down on the nightstand. tomorrow's a different day, which can only mean a different mindset.

the only way that i can comfortably continue this job and sleep perfectly at night, is to simply act like i don't care, and to act like whatever happened between jack and i never did...and that's exactly what i'm going to do.

***

the next morning, i was patiently standing in the elevator waiting for it pass multiple floors, until it stopped on the third floor and the doors opened.

dylan entered, so i smiled and almost said hey, before i noticed that he didn't give me the awkward, yet adorable smile that he usually does whenever he sees me.

he stood a little closer to the doors, as i stood behind him, and i furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why he was so silent.

"um, have i done something wrong?" i asked.

dylan looked back to face me - he almost completely ignored me, until he saw the worried expression on my face, then sighed slowly, "i heard that you were having an affair with jack gilinsky".

my heart pounded against my chest, but i lightly coughed to clear my throat from how uneasy i was right now.

"...is that why you ended things between us?" he asked, before i could even respond to his previous statement.

i leant back against the wall and my throat went dry, so all i could say was, "...i'm sorry, dylan".

he soon shook his head, like it was no big deal, then scratched the back of his neck, "you know what, don't apologise, savannah. it's fine".

"are you sure?".

"yeah, at least we're not together anymore...no, i didn't mean it like that, i meant that like, at least you did the decent thing to end things with me before you and j-...i'm sorry, i'll just stop talking now" he rambled on and i slightly covered my mouth, as i chuckled at his mess of words.

i really did miss how nervous he sometimes used to get around me.

"hey, do you want to go get some coffee, or maybe lunch t-"

"yes!" dylan immediately responded and i giggled at him, before he cleared his throat. "...i mean, yes. that'll be great".

i smiled at his response, then came to stand beside him as we waited for the elevator to reach our floors.

-

dylan's such a cutie, aw.

but the next chapter will be updated soon and it will be 10x better, i promise.

pls vote, comment and share ily.

- anita. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 110 33
Hi I am Briana T Gilinsky.... yes the sister of Jack Gilinsky. I dated Matthew Espinosa. It didn't end well because I had feelings for Cameron Dallas...
126K 2.3K 32
Sequel to 'Just Friends || j.g.' All Rights Reserved ยฎ Published on 5/15/16 Completed on 12/25/16 ~ Merry Christmas!!
2.9M 69.7K 34
living with a male during my college career was the last thing on my list. + lowercase intended highest rank: fanfiction #8
40 0 17
When Skylar Maverick is cheated on and dumped by her boyfriend her friends are there to support her through it. They bring her along on their trip wh...