In Safe Hands 2: In My Arms (...

By AuthorUprising36

~Sequel to In Safe Hands~ They thought it was over. Yugi and Yami were together and were safe. For good. But... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue
Shameless Self Advert: NEW FANFIC

Chapter 39

641 39 21
By AuthorUprising36

Yugi and Yami both waited in the air port line to go through security. Yugi never realized that it would have taken them as long as it was right now.

Yami flopped over their suitcase and groaned.

"YUUUUUUGIIIIIIII." He whined, playfully.

"WHAAAAAAAAT?" Yugi responded in the same tone as him.

"CAN WE GOOOOOOOO?" He returned.

Yugi shook his head.

"NOOOOOO, I'M SORRY BUT WE CAAAAAAAN'T." He laughed slightly.

"BUT I'M BOOOOOOORED!!!" Yami fllopped again, now on his back, looking at Yugi.

Yugi tapped his nose.

"We'll get on the plane when we get on the plane. The line will move soon enough." He straightened up again and looked around, "Now, where's Atem?"

Yami stood up straight as well and looked around just as Yugi did.

"Well, that's a really good question, aibou..." He turned, "I thought he said he was going to go to the bathroom, but he should have been back a few moments ago..."

"Hey! Sorry!" A voice suddenly broke their searching silence as a tan man around Yami's height came running towards them, "I ran into some friends!"

Yugi tilted his head.

"Who?" He asked.

"Some fellow soldiers. They were called back to war earlier than I was. Thankfully, I'm able to actually go on a vacation before I have to go back on the battlefield." Atem smiled, a look of sudden worry in his eyes.

Yugi turned when the line began to move and he could have sworn he heard Atem say something under his breath:

"...I hope they're still there when I return, too..."

Yugi looked at him slightly, but he was too busy picking up his bags to even notice. They stepped up to the person who would take their bags and load them onto the belt that would take their luggage to the plane and Yugi took out his passport.

Atem handed me his own and I could hardly believe all the stamps he had on his.

Yami put his on the desk and the lady examined them and weighed our luggage each one at a time.

Yugi carefully shifted the book sack on my back and watched.

"You're on your way to Italy?" The lady grinned.

Yami smiled.

"You know it!" He laughed.

"I've heard it's wonderful! I've always wanted to go, but I've never gotten the chance. Or the money." She sighed slightly, giggling quickly after, "But it's fine! I'm fine right here, surrounded by family and friends."

Yami grinned.

"Well, we'll be sure to send all the pictures back to ya through the mail!" He playfully responded.

"That sounds great!" The lady replied, giggling and putting their bags on the belt and sending them into the place all the bags went until they were put onto the planes.

They left there and Yami and Atem engaged in conversation as they went through security to get to their concourse.

"Oh my god, well I remember reading a letter from Heba telling me that story about you and the little Arab kid who kept calling you 'pickle'! What was that about?" Yami laughed, playfully patting Atem's back.

"I didn't even know! I still don't know!" Atem's hearty laughter filled the air and he looked at Yami, "That kid is now twelve years old and even he doesn't know why he would keep calling me 'pickle'! That name followed me for months afterwards!"

Yugi giggled, listening.

"Dude, remember that time when you and Heba went on your first training mission and he accidentally left the safety off of his gun?" Yami gasped, his jaw dropping.

"And how he nearly blew the head off of the sargent???" Atem completed Yami's thought, grinning, "Hell yeah, I do! Sarg was not a happy camper after that!"

"I'll say!" Yami nodded, "Heba had to steer clear of him for a month!"

"I thought it was two!"

"Could have been! It was a long time, whether we know how long or not!"

The two of them doubled over with laughter and I looked at them, smiling slightly.

Heba had been gone for years.

But he had still left his mark on the two of them. Although it had been hard to let go and move on, the two of them seemed to help remind each other of the good times with Heba, instead of the bad.

Heba had been young and bold when he died.

But in a way, he never died.

Not in Atem's life.

Not in Yami's life.

Soon, the sign that had our concourse number loomed over, down on the far end of the isle. People were all around them, making their ways back and forth, some going to other concourses and some returning to their home in Domino City.

Some laughed like Atem and Yami and some cried. There was a lot of people here with a lot of different stories and each of them had a lot of different details that was all so hard to think about at the same time.

"But hey. Heba told me a lot about you too!" Atem turned the subject matter over to Yami, "He spoke about you all the time!"

Yami tilted his head, grinning still.

"Oh really?" He questioned Atem.

"Oh yeah!" Atem nodded, "He would say so many things!"

"Like what?" Yami propped his chin up on his hand and leaned slightly forward, laughing, "What did that little rascal say about me?"

"He said that you were a lot like me! Funny, gentle, caring." Atem counted his fingers as he stated different words, "And he also told me about that fishing trip the two of you took when you-"

"-got more than I bargained for and caught a huge fish that literally pulled me into the water before I could pull it out?" Yami finished his statement just as Atem had done to him not too long ago.

Yugi listened still, getting closer to the concourse that rapidly approached them with every step the three of them took.

"Yep!" Atem laughed, "And you spent thirty minutes looking for the pole it stole for you?"

"Yeah!" Yami rolled his eyes teasingly, "The one that I had just gotten less than a day before?"

Atem laughed harder, Yugi finally giving in and laughing along with him.

"Hey!" Yami playfully pushed him, "Yugi, you aren't in this conversation!"

"I am now!" He pushed Yami back and laughed, "Anything you're in, I'm in with you!"

"That's the spirit!" Atem pumped his fist in the air, beaming.

And with that, three of them all sat in seats side by side and next to the window that showed all the different planes on and off the runway.

Yami pointed at one.

"Look at how big that one is, Yugi!" He gasped and grinned, "It's been forever since I've actually been this close to a plane, glass between it and me or not! This is cool!"

Yugi giggled, pressing against the glass as well and watching the planes along with Yami.

"Yep!" He agreed, "You can't get much better than this until you get on the plane itself!"

Yami suddenly went silent and he looked at Yugi. He had a very sincere look in his eyes and Yugi knew to pay attention before Yami even brought up the change in the subject.

"Yugi..." Yami looked down slightly, being sure Atem was asleep with his earbuds in like he had been for a while before, "...are you an organ donor?"

Yugi didn't hesitate to nod his head.

"Of course I am." He said.

Yami nodded in return.

"Good." He fell silent again, his eyes growing a distant look in them.

"....why?" Yugi hesitantly asked him again.

"Because...I'm one too." Yami said again, "...but have you ever wondered about where your organs may go once you die? As in...do you ever wonder about who might receive your organs after you die?"

Yugi shook his head. He had never thought about any of those things.

"I can't say I have..." He replied, "...but now that you mention it..."

"Well, I've been thinking about who I want my organs to go to." Yami said, "As of right now, I want my brain to go to Jessie. My lungs to go to Yusei. And I want to save my heart for someone very special to me."

Yami looked at Yugi. Yugi could feel the color in his skin drain as confusion and alert filled his pores.

"...whoever that may be." Yami grinned.

...what was Yami talking about???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 1.5K 18
Highest Rank: 14th in Yugioh fanfics & 161st in puzzleshipping *COMPLETE BOOK* Yugi just moved to Domino High, he meets Yami and he feels like someth...
9.6K 427 18
[BOOK 1] Yugi Mutou is seventeen and in his senior year at Domino High. He's quiet, shy, and sensitive. He wonders if he will always have the linger...
37.5K 1.1K 16
It's been 2 years since the Ceremonial Duel between Yami/Atem and Yugi. Yugi still hasn't gotten over that Yami has left for the afterlife and hasn't...
19.5K 340 12
A hikari cannot live without a yami. A hikari without a yami has a year to live and will slowly vanish, the said hikari will become particles of lig...