Truth, or Love (A Zayn Malik...

By mirandaankrum

Miranda Buckles is your average, 19 year old directioner. But when she goes to a 1D concert and loses somethi... More

Truth, or Love (A Zayn Malik Fanfic)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Epilogue)

Chapter 40

313 11 1
By mirandaankrum

                                                                  ~Miranda' P.O.V~

As soon as the words left his mouth, he was wishing he hadn't have said them. All of the boys had rushed forward at the sound of the word "s'mores", and were bombarding the marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate bars.

 "THAT'S MY GRAHAM CRACKER!!", Louis yelled, diving for the graham cracker box. "Harry took my marshmallow!", Niall yelled, crossing his arms and pouting. This went on for about 3 minutes, until I finally decided to do something.

 "OI! BOYS!", I yelled at the top of my lungs. Everyone froze where they were, surprised by my sudden outburst. "Ok, everyone line up, single file, or none of you get any s'mores!", I said, crossing my arms, an stepping in front of the food.

 Everyone lined up nicely, putting on innocent faces. I handed out the food, giving them each 1 marshmallow, 2 graham crackers, and some chocolate. Pretty soon, everyone was sat down by the fire, enjoying their s'mores.

 "Hey, when are we gonna head back to the cities?", I asked. "Well, we thought we'd probably stay down here for a few days, to let you girls catch up with people, then head back.", Zayn said, putting his arm around my shoulder.

 "Okay, sounds good!", I said, putting my hands in the air. "Well, we should get home.", Mariah's mom said, standing up and stretching. "Yeah, me to.", Mariah said, also standing up. "I'm gonna go to my mom's house tonight.", she said, sending Harry an "I'm sorry.", look.

 He nodded, understanding that they shouldn't be sleeping in the same room with her mom and step dad in the house. "Yeah, we should all probably hit the sack.", I agreed, standing up. "Two of you boys can sleep on the pull out couch downstairs, then we'll set up 3 sleeping bags on the other couches.", I said, leading everyone inside.

 I quickly set up the bed for the boys, sheets and everything. "Okay, now Liam get's to decide who sleeps on the bed, and who sleeps in the sleeping bags.", I said, pointing to Liam, who was smiling. "How come Liam gets to choose?!", Louis complained.

 "Because I know Liam will be fair, and I know that I can trust him better.", I said, crossing my arms. Louis gave me a "What the fuck?", kind of look the smiled and nodded his head in agreement. I said goodnight to the guys, gave Zayn a kiss, then headed up stairs to my room.

Thank god I had kept some old clothes here, so I picked out an old pair of shorts, and an old Twins t-shirt. I quickly climbed into bed, trying to fall asleep. I tossed and turned, but just could not sleep! All of a sudden, my phone went off, signaling I had a text.

From: Zayn <3

I can't sleep. Can you?- Zayn <3

Aww!

To: Zayn <3

No I can't :( Miranda <3

I set my phone on my nightstand, waiting for a reply. Not even a minute later, he responded.

From: Zayn <3

Don't worry love. Just wait a minute :) - Zayn <3

What did he mean by "Just wait a minute"?

To: Zayn <3

Okay? - Miranda <3

I sent the text, laying my phone back down. I laid there, wondering what he meant. All of a sudden, I heard the creek of my bedroom door opening, I rolled over, to see Zayn crouched over, trying to 'sneak' into my room.

 I started laughing, but quickly covered my mouth, trying not to make to much noise. "What are you doing?", I whispered, wondering why he was up here. "Well, we both couldn't sleep, so I thought, why not cuddle?", he said, crawling under the covers with me.

 "You know, if my parents see us, they are going to FREAK.", I said, snuggling into his chest. "Then let's make sure they don't see us.", he said, putting his arms around me. "Okay, good luck with that.", I said, closing my eyes, drifting off into a much needed slumber.

**************************************6 hours later************************************************************

"MIRANDA! BOYS! BREAKFAST!", my mom called, giving us the usual wake up call that she used to give me. I opened my eyes, expecting to see Zayn, but was met by an empty spot. In his place, was a little note. I grabbed it, carefully reading it.

Miranda,

             Sorry I had to leave your room early. I just didn't want your parents to see us sleeping in the same bed. See you at breakfast!

                                                   - Zayn xxx

As I read the note, I couldn't help but smile. He was so sweet, about the littlest things. I swiftly got out of bed, and skipped to the kitchen. When I got to about the living room, the smell of pancakes and bacon hit my nose.

I sprinted to the kitchen, running right up to the stove. There, right in front of me, was a huge plate, FULL of bacon. "BACOOONNNNN!!", I screamed, grabbing a plate, and loading it up. What, I couldn't let the BOYS get all the bacon, this girls gotta eat!

My mom then served me up 2 medium sized pancakes, and I poured myself some milk. I sat down at the bar, quickly digging in. Within 3 minutes, I had 3 strips of bacon gone, and 1 of my pancakes. I was hungry! After a few minutes, Niall came running up the stairs, zooming into the kitchen.

"WHERES THE BACON?!", he yelled, looking around frantically. My mom waved him over to her, and happily filled his plate up. He took a seat next to me, instantly digging in. A few minutes later, the rest of the boys came up, already dressed or the day, whereas Niall was still in his pajamas.

"Hey, babe.", Zayn said, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Hey!", I said, giving him a hug. The boys quickly go their food, and all sat down at the bar with Niall and I. "So, what's on the agenda for today?", I asked.

"Well, you guys could take a walk around town,  just to look at it, revisit some old places.", my mom suggested. "Good idea mom! We can go past the school, and maybe visit some shops!", I said, putting my dishes in the dish washer.

"Sounds good.", Harry said, taking a big bite of pancake. "Well, I'm gonna go get changed. See'ya in a bit!", I said, running off to my room. Then I remembered, I don't have anything to wear. I walked back out to the kitchen, trying to think of something.

"What's the matter love?", Zayn asked, seeing my facial expression. "I just realized, I have NO clothes here!", I said, throwing my arms up into the air. "Oh yeah! We forgot to tell you! Paul had our stylists pack some clothes for us, and sent them down here! They arrived this morning!", Liam said, gesturing towards the front door.

Sure enough, there was two of my suitcases, next to the boys' suitcases. "Sweet! Remind me later to thank Paul!", I said, running over to them. I quickly drug them into my room, opening them instantly. One bag had most of my clothes, the other one had my shoes, make up, and essentials in it.

I took out all of my clothes, choosing a pair of jean shorts, my angry birds tee, and some white flip flops. I quickly threw them on, then went into my bathroom. I plugged in my straightener, waiting for it to heat up.

While waiting, I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face. Finally, my straightener was ready, and I started straightening my hair. After 3 minutes my hair was done, and all I had left to do was my make up.

I quickly just added some mascara, and called it good. I walked out of my bathroom, grabbed my purse and phone, and waltzed out of my room. I went back to the kitchen, to find the boys gone, and my mom reading the paper.

"Where'd everyone go?", I asked. "Oh, the boys went out back.", she answered, taking a sip from her coffee. I headed toward the back door, crossing my fingers that they were behaving. As I stepped outside, I knew that my wish had not come true.

Harry was chasing Louis with a stick, Niall was rolling on the ground laughing, and Liam was running around giving Zayn a piggy back ride. "OI! BOYS!", I yelled again, getting their attention, while also scaring them a bit.

"Yes?", Louis asked, putting his hands on his hips, and doing the head roll. Unless you want to be left here with my PARENTS, I suggest you follow me to Mariah's mom house!", I said, copying Louis. They instantly walked over to me, most of them laughing, except for Louis.

"Lou, she does the head roll better than YOU do!", Niall said, laughing his full head off. "No she doesn't! Well, maybe.", Louis mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. I just laughed, and headed towards Mariah's house.

Her mom's house was on the other side of town, but it wasn't that far, since Walnut Grove isn't that big. After about 2 blocks, Louis started complaining. "Are we there yet?", he whined, emphasizing on 'there'. "Just a little farther Louis.", I assured, earning a long sigh from him.

ten minutes later, we were walking up to Mariah's back door. I walked into the familiar house, missing everything about it. "I'M HOOOMMMMEEEEE!!", I yelled. "In here Miranda!", I heard Mariah yell from the dining room.

I lead the way to the dining room, since the boys had no clue where to go. I walked into the dining room, to find Mariah's mom, step-dad, brother, and two step sisters in there as well. "Morning everyone!", I said, walking over towards Mariah.

The boys all followed me, awkwardly standing there. "Hey Marshall!", I said, waving at Mariah's younger brother Marshall. He's 17 years old, has red-blond hair, blue eyes, and can sometimes be a pain, but only when he really wants to be one.

"Oh my gosh! Juju! Britton! You girls have grown so much!", I said excitedly, running over to Mariah's two younger stepsisters, and giving them hugs.

Juju, who's full name is Juliana, is Mariah's younger stepsister. She's 8 years old, has bright blue eyes, and dirty blond hair. She's a little sweetie, and is IN LOVE with Minnie Mouse!

Britton (Pronounced as 'Britain') is Mariah's youngest sibling. She's 6 years old, has caramel brown hair, and blue/green eyes. She's is such a cutie, I wish she was MY little sister, even though she pretty much is already.

"Miranda!", they both squealed, hugging me back. "How are you girls?", I asked, smiling down at them. "Good!", Juju replied, giving me a thumbs up. "Great! And how about you Britton?", I asked, turning to her.

"Great!", she said, smiling back at me. "Awesome!", I replied, giving her a high five. I looked over at the boys, who were smiling at the little ones. Harry walked over to Mariah, and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Oh yeah, Harry, this is my younger brother Marshall, and my two little sisters Juliana and Britton.", she said, gesturing to her siblings. "Hi guys!", he said, waving at them. Marshall did a little wave back, and Juju and Britton just giggled.

"Guys, this is my boyfriend, Harry.", she said smiling. "Hi Harry!", Juju said, waving at him. He waved back, and Juju and Britton giggled again. "So what's our plan for today?", Mariah asked, putting her plates in the dishwasher.

"Well, we were just gonna walk around town, visit some places, maybe go see some people.", I explained, and she nodded her head in approval. "MOM! I'm going out with Miranda and the guys! Be back in a bit!", she yelled, grabbing her purse.

We headed out the door, walking in a random direction. We were walking towards the elementary school, and were right now crossing main street. "This is main street.", I said, gesturing to the little businesses.

We were a block away from the school, and were now passing some old houses. Now we were right in front of the school. "Boys, this is our elementary school. This is where Mariah and I went. I went here in pre-school - 6th grade. Then Mariah moved here in 6th grade.", I said, gesturing to the school.

"And this is my dads house.", Mariah said, gesturing to her dads house.  Just then, her step-mom-to-be, Sara, walked outside with their dog, Rocky.

"Well, Mariah! Hi!", she said, waving us over. "Hey Sara!", Mariah replied, giving her a hug. "Miranda! It's good to see you again!", she said, turning to me, and giving me a hug. "You too Sara!", I replied, hugging her back.

"Sara, these are our boyfriends, Harry and Zayn, and their band mates/ best friends Louis, Niall, and Liam!", Mariah explained. "Oh! So YOU'RE the boys these two have been fainting over for the last 3 years!", Sara said, smiling at them.

Mariah and I looked at each other, our faces turning beat red with embarrassment. "SARA!", we both yelled, looking shocked at her. "What? It's the truth! They would sit around the house, watching videos and looking at pictures of you all! I remember, one time they sat in the living room all day watching a documentary about you boys! And Mariah even had a pink t-shirt that said "This girl has a One Direction Infection", on it, and it had 2 thumbs pointing up at her head!", she said, laughing.

The boys started laughing as well, as Mariah and I stood there, our faces redder than tomatoes. "Okay, well I better go in, see you all later!", Sara said, getting Rocky inside. "Bye Sara!", we all said, waving at her.

"Well... THAT was embarrassing!", Mariah said, taking Harry's hand and continuing our walk. "You can say that again!", I replied, also taking Zayn's hand. We walked back to the park, the one we went to yesterday.

We were walking past the basketball court, when we heard our names being called. "Mariah! Miranda!", we heard someone yell. We turned around, seeing one of our old friends, Abraham Her.

"Abe!", we both yelled, running and giving him a hug. "Guys, this is our friend, Abraham! We were all in the same grade together!", i explained. "Yep! Abe and I used to hang out all the time! We even had our own nicknames for each other!", Mariah said, laughing.

 I looked over at Harry, who seemed to be a LITTLE bit pissed off. Don't get too jealous Harold! "What were they?", Louis asked. "Well , he was my 'Brotha from an Asian Motha'!", she said, about to die of laughter.

"Yeah! And Chueyee's here too!", Abe said, pointing over by the merry-go-round. Sure enough, there was Chueyee, sitting with his guitar, singing to the little kids. "Hey Chueyee!", Mariah called, waving at him. He looked up, noticing us, and waved back. "Hey Mariah! Hey Miranda!", he called back.

"Well, it's good seeing you again!", I said, giving Abe another hug. "Yeah! See you guys later!", he replied, giving Mariah another hug too. As we were walking away, I turned to Harry. "Jealous much?", I asked him, catching him off guard.

"What?", he asked. "You! You were so jealous of Abe, I thought you were going to punch him!", I said, laughing. "WAS NOT!", he said, blushing. "AW! Your blushing! It's ok Harry, Abe and I are just really good friends. He's like my twin brother, only not as annoying as an actual brother.", Mariah explained.

"Okay, where too next?", I asked.  "Hmm, how about we go back to your house, and just search through your shed, just to see what's still back there?", Mariah said. "Okay. How does that sound boys?", I asked, turning to the guys.

"Sounds pretty good.", Zayn agreed. Within 5 minutes, we were back at my house. We headed back to the shed, wondering what it held. As we walked into the shop, the first thing I noticed, was my old bike. "Woah! It's my old bike! Mariah, remember this bike!", I said, pulling it out.

"Yes! You were in love with that bike!", she said, nodding her head. We dug through the pile taking out random things, like jugs of bubbles shovels, tennis rackets, and much much more. "Oh my god! Miranda! Is this your dad's old car? The one you told me about?!", Zayn asked, standing in front of my dads old 1959 Ford Galaxy Fairlane.

"Yep, that's the old '59.", I said, patting the hood. "Man, that is one SWEET ride!", Harry said, walking around the car. "No Harry, you CAN NOT drive it.", Mariah said, taking his hand off of it.

"Why not?", he asked, pouting. "Because, if anyone were to even get in this car, with no permission, my dad would have their head.", I said, pushing the boys away from the car. "Dang.", Liam said, backing away from it. "Let's keep looking through the pile.", I suggested.

We had been searching for about 5 minutes, and I hadn't found anything interesting. "O MY GOD YOU HAVE A FOOTBALL?!", Louis yelled, popping up from the middle of the pile. "Louis, that's a soccer ball, not a football!", Mariah, laughing at Louis.

"In Britain, soccer is called football. So technically, that IS a football.", Harry explained. "Hey! Why don't we play a game?", Louis asked, dribbling the ball. "Sure. There's a soccer field behind the school. You guy's can play, and we can watch.", I said. "YES!!!", Louis yelled, running out of the shed. Well, THIS should be eventful!

*******************************************A/N***************************************************************

Hey guys! OMG I CAN NOT BELIEVE I AM ALREADY ON CHAPTER 40!!! This is amazing!! Thanks a lot, without you guys, this story WOULD NOT be where it is today! Thank you so much for all the reads and votes!!! Well, I don't want to bore you guys to death, so I'm gonna cut this short! Love you guys!! <3

-Miranda <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 160 36
What happens when someone who doesn't believe in love runs into a world famous boy band who relies on the belief in love to reach out to their fans...
12K 277 44
(WARNING: slow updates) When Carly Baker,18, goes to stay with her Auntie Lizzy and her family,in London, she hopes to meet the famous One DIrection...
764 111 45
A 19 year old girl named Nicole meets an amazing man named Zayn Malik. They form a relationship fast. Zayn struggles with stress and so does Nicole t...
4.4K 78 45
Kacey Locks, an 18 year old directioner, meets Harry Styles at a local coffee shop. He invites her and her bestfriend, Andrea, to a 1D party, where s...