Chapter 29

~Miranda's P.O.V~

After being reminded of my horrible past with Spencer, I went back to Zayn and I's room, to think some things through, and calm myself down. A million question whizzed around in my head. Why did everything seem to lead to ugly thoughts about him? Why did I have to start having nightmares again? Why did I start remembering all of the terrible memories, that I tried so hard to forget?

After a few minutes, I heard some footsteps coming towards the bedroom door. All of a sudden, some one knocked on the door. "Miranda?", Zayn said through the door. "Come in Zayn.", I said, wiping away the tears that I had just now noticed.

He opened the door, and walked towards the bed. As he sat down next to me, he wrapped an arm around me, and looked deep into my eyes. "Are you okay? Why are you crying? Why were you acting so strange after breakfast?", he asked concern being the only emotion showing in his voice.

"I'm fine Zayn.", I said, rubbing my eyes. "No Miranda, your not. You may be fooling everyone else, but your not fooling me. Now tell me what's bothering you so much.", he said, pulling me closer to him.

"You promise not to tell anyone?", I asked, looking him in the eyes with a dead serious face. "Yes. of course Miranda. You can trust me with anything.", he said, putting his hands on my shoulders. Well here goes nothing.

"Okay, I might as well start from the beginning. This may take awhile.", I said, taking a few deep breaths. "It's okay. We have plenty of time.", he said, stroking my hair.

"Okay, well back when Mariah and I lived in Walnut Grove, I had a boyfriend named Spencer. We dated for almost three years, and I thought he was the one for me.", I started.

 "He would do so many sweet things, even when there was no special occasion. He made me feel like the most important girl in the world. We would do everything together. We went to football games, watched movies, went on road trips, went out for dinner, we were pretty much inseparable.", I said. Zayn nodded for me to continue.

 "But then, about 2 years into our relationship, he started acting differently. He would get angry very easily, and would start fights about every little thing. Pretty soon, he got so angry that he would sometimes hit me.", I confessed.

 "I thought I had done something wrong, so I would ask him. That just made him even angrier. Then sometimes, he would just come over to my house when my parents were gone, and would just scream at me and beat me. I tried to break up with him, but he would never let me. I would tell him we were over, but he would just ignore it and keep hurting me.", I said, letting a tear fall freely down my face.

Zayn quickly wiped it away, and pulled me in closer.

 "One time, he even kidnapped me and put me in his basement. He tied me to a chair, and gagged me. He stole my cell phone and texted my parents, pretended to be me, and told them that I was going to be staying at a friends house for a few days.", I continued.

 "About 3 times a day he would come down to his basement and torture me. He would slap me, and kick me till he thought he had done enough. After awhile, he brought me out of the basement and to his room.", I explained.

 "He would blindfold me and gag me again, and tie me to one of his bed posts. He would only give me one meal a day, and told me that I was getting fat, so he was helping me lose weight. I became so weak that I just stopped struggling against him when he would hurt me.", I said letting out a little sob.

 "After about 3 days, he finally let me go. But he told me that if anyone found out about what he did to me, he would hurt my family and loved ones. I didn't want anyone else getting caught up in his abuse, so I didn't say anything to anyone.", I said.