Chapter 30

~Miranda P.O.V~

After my talk with Zayn, I felt so much better. I felt like I could finally relax, not having that stuck in the back of my head. Now, I just have to tell Mariah. Shit. How am I going to tell her? She's going to be so pissed! Why hadn't I told her before? Why had I been so afraid?!

These questions kept swirling around in my head. How am I even going to bring it up? Should it be casual? Should I just ask her to meet me in my room? Oh my god, I am so confused!

As I walked out of the bedroom, I heard some talking in the living room. I walked into the room, to find Mariah, Liam, and Harry watching Duck Dynasty. Of course, Mariah's favorite show of all time! I walked over to the couch where Liam was sitting.

  I quickly took advantage of the situation, and ran over to Liam, and plopped myself in his lap. I sat up straight in his lap, so he couldn't see the T.V. "Hey! You know, you make a better door instead of a window!", Liam said, trying to see around me. "Sorry Liam, but I just HAD to have the best seat in the house!", I said, not moving an inch.

"Oh, so you think my lap is the best seat in the house?", he said, with a cheeky smile. "Um, ew, no! You were already sitting in the best seat in the house, so decided to sit ON TOP of the best seat in the house!", I said, smacking his cheek. "Owie! What was that for?!", he asked, fake holding his cheek where I had 'hit' him. "You were being cheeky! And it was gettin' pretty creepy!", I said, acting like a rapper. Everyone burst out laughing.

"So, Miranda, what was the matter earlier?', Harry asked, playing with a strand of Maria's hair. "Oh, it was nothing. Hey, Mariah, could I talk to you for a minute in my room?', I asked nervously. "Yeah, sure.", she replied, getting up from her spot beside Harry. As we were walking down the hall, Zayn passed us and stopped us. "Hey girls. What's up?", he asked, a confused. "I just have to talk to Mariah for a minute in our room.", I explained, giving him a 'I'm telling her', look.

He got the message, and gave me a knowing nod. "Okay, we'll be in the living room if you need us.", he said, giving me a quick hug. Mariah and I made our way to mine and Zayn's room, and Mariah took a seat on the edge of our bed as I closed the door.

"So, Miranda, what did you need to talk to me about?", Mariah asked, patting the spot next to her. I sat down on the bed, and looked her in the eyes. "Okay, you promise you won't flip out on me.", I said, putting my hands on her shoulders. "Of course Miranda, why would I flip out on you?", she asked, concern in evident in her voice.

"Okay, do you really want to know why I was acting weird earlier?", I asked. "Yes! What was wrong?! You were like, totally happy one minute, then looked all depressing the next!", she said, lying down on the bed, and propping her head up on her elbow.

"Well, remember back in Walnut Grove, when I was dating Spencer?", I asked, cringing at the sound of myself saying his name. "Yeah. Then you broke up with him before we moved here.", she said, moving around a bit to get comfortable.

"Yeah well, that's not really the whole story.", I said, not making eye contact with her. "What do you mean? You guys broke up with mutual feelings didn't you?", she asked, sitting up now. "Not exactly. Get comfortable, this may take awhile.", I said. "Oh, don't worry, I'm VERY comfy.", she said, laying back on my pillow.

**************************************************** 20 minutes later********************************************

"And that's why we moved up here, and why I was acting so weird this morning, I said, not making eye contact with her. She had been silent through my whole explanation, and that REALLY scared me. I looked up from my hands, to see her shocked face. "Hello, Mariah?", I said, waving my hand in front of her face.