Chapter 26

~Miranda's P.O.V~

Zayn and I laid there in the sand for a little while, just talking and star gazing. We talked about anything. "Miranda?", he asked, curiosity in his voice. "Yes, Zayn?", I replied. "How did you and Mariah become best friends?', he asked, looking down at me.

"Well, the summer after 5th grade, I was in an outdoor theatre production, and Mariah and I met at auditions. After we both found out who we played, we kept seeing each other at rehearsals. During the show, we started hanging out a lot backstage.", I explained. He nodded to continue.

 "We became very close, instantly. At the end of the summer, I found out that she was going to be attending my school! We were so excited, because then we would be in the same class. But then it turned out, our class would be separated into 2 groups. I was in 6A and she was in 6B.", I said. "

Since we had no classes together, we kind of drifted apart. But he after school, we would hang out, and we started being good friends again. All during the next summer we became closer and closer. And in 7th grade, we were both in 7A. That's when we REALLY got close!", I said, getting excited.

 "We had the same interests in almost everything, and we officially declared each other as our best friend! From then on we've been best friends ever since!", I said, giving him the whole story.

"Wow, you guys must have a good trust bond!", he said smiling. "Who was your best friend when you were little?", I asked.

He sat quietly, not saying a word. He finally spoke, but there was almost no happiness in his voice. "Well, when I was little, I didn't really have a best friend. None of the other kids really liked me. I was really shy, and I didn't talk much, so they all thought there was something wrong with me.", he said, not making eye contact with me.

 "At school they would tease me about my shyness, and they would tease me about my religion. I told my parents, and they had me transfer schools, so the bullying would stop. I made a few friends at my new school, but I never really got close with any of them.", he said, sadness the only emotion on his face.

"Zayn, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have asked.", I said giving him a hug.

" It's ok Miranda. Then, when I auditioned for the X-Factor and got through, all of the people from my old school wanted to be my friends.", he said, disgust in his voice.

 "I told them no, since they only liked me because I was on the X-Factor. I was really shy on the show too. Not many of the contestants would talk to me, so I always had time to work on my performances. Then, when Simon put the lads and I together as a group, I got extremely nervous.", he said, chuckling a little.

 "I didn't know any of them, and I was extremely quiet. After awhile, I started warming up to them. They accepted me the way I was, and didn't care what my religion was. They wanted to be friends with me because they thought I was nice, not just because I was on the show with them. We all got really close, we could tell each other anything. And that's when I realized it. I had my first four best friends!", he ended, a smile starting to spread across his face.

"Well, I am extremely happy that you found your best friends! And guess what else you found!", I said, smiling up at him.

"What?', he asked, looking down at me with a curious face. "You also found a girlfriend, who thinks your perfect in everyway! I wouldn't change a thing about you Zayn! Those people from your childhood must have been born with out hearts, because I have no idea why they wouldn't want to be friends with you. Your smart, funny handsome, and last but not least, lovable!", I replied, a grin spreading across my face.

"Well Miranda, I'm happy I found you. When I'm with you, I feel like he happiest man in the world! You make me feel like I'm walking on air!", he said, looking deep into my eyes.

"Miranda?", he said, our faces getting closer. "Yes, Zayn?', I said. I could feel his hot breath on my face.

"I love you.", he said smiling widely.

He loves me. He really loves me! I can't believe it! But wait, do I love him back? I mean, I really like him, but the last guy I said I love you too, turned out to be the worst guy I could ever meet. I don't know if I'm ready to love another guy, especially after what happened with Spencer.

A silence had fallen over us now, and Zayn was searching my face nervously, looking for any kind of reaction. Before I knew what was happening, the words flew out of my mouth.

"I love you too Zayn.", I said, getting lost in his golden brown eyes.

His smile grew wider, if that was even humanly possible, and his eyes lit up like someone had set off fireworks inside them. He smashed his lips against mine. It felt like I was drowning in a pool of so many mixed emotions. There was happiness, relief, care, passion, and love. I know one thing for sure now.

I am in love with Zayn Malik!

****************************************************************(A/N)****************************************

Hey guys!! Thanks for all the support! Sorry this is such a short chapter, but this one is really important to the story! They finally confessed their love for each other!! What do you guys think? Please comment what you think about this chapter, and I am always open to constructive criticism!! I love you guys!! :)