Dilli Wali Girlfriend [Comple...

By Krazy_Kiran

~Story is completed~ Preety Saini is one of the representatives of the Mehra company. Her superiors want her... More

Chapter 1 - Business Trip
Chapter 2 - Attitude Problems
Chapter 3 - Forced Apology
Chapter 4 - Gurudwara
Chapter 5 - Locks
Chapter 6 - Ratty Office
Chapter 7 - Planning Love
Chapter 8 Cheapo Arihant
Chapter 9 Blooming Friendship
Chapter 10 Joking & Flirting?
Chapter 11 Private Jet
Chapter 12 Disney World
Chapter 13 Confused Feelings
Chapter 14 Avoid Her
Chapter 15 Kayaking Gone Wrong
Chapter 16 Fake Wala Proposal
Chapter 17 Loca (Crazy)
Chapter 18 Rejection
Chapter 19 Competition
Chapter 20 Kidnapping
Chapter 21 Dinner
Chapter 22 Girlfriend?
Chapter 23 Surrender?
Chapter 24 Heartbreak
Chapter 25 Punjabi Wedding
Chapter 26 Preet Gone Bald
Chapter 27 Rahul Khurana (R. K.)
Chapter 28 Amar Returns
Chapter 30 Redemption
Chapter 31 Dilli Wali Complication
Chapter 32 Dilli Wali Marriage
Chapter 33 Dilli Wali Ending

Chapter 29 Love You

6.6K 390 315
By Krazy_Kiran

Check out my other story "Kidnapped Wali Girlfriend" if you have time (its not a sequel). Thanks to those who have already <3

Chapter 29 - Love You

[Rahul's P. O. V.]

The second I saw Preet in the water, I kicked off my chappals (flip flops) and jumped.

So much for military training.

Preet's mom yelled my name but it was too late. I owed her this.

I swam as fast as I could over to where Preet was struggling. Suddenly, she disappeared.

"Preet!"

Holding my breath, I went underwater. Two years of college swim team had to pay off. Seeing her sinking frightened me.

I grabbed her and pulled us both out, gasping for breath.

"Preet!" She was unconscious. There weren't any spaces to stop. The walls around the canal were too high. I didn't know how we were getting out. I held Preet around the waist with one arm and slapped her back with another. Her head rested on my shoulder. "Wake up. Please." This is all my fault. I knew she was crazy. But not to this degree. What if she . . . died? No. Not, my drama queen. "Open your eyes, dammit!"

No response.

The current was dragging us farther and I lost sight of Preet's mom.

I held her to myself and floated in the water. "I'm sorry," I whispered to her desperately. "I'm sorry for asking you to jump. I didn't think you'd . . . do it." She couldn't die on me. "I'm sorry for not believing you. I'm sorry. Oh god, just say something! Anything!" We were headed in a random direction. I couldn't see Preet's mom or anyone else for that matter. "I love you," I said giving up all hopes.

"I love you more, stupid."

What?!

I pulled her back only to find a happy, smiling face.

[Preet's P. O. V.]

Rahul was astonished to see me . . . alive. I had been pretending to be unconscious to see what he would do or say. Finally, he had said the words I wanted to hear.

"You were pretending?" he asked. I smiled and bobbed my head up and down. He let out an exasperated sigh and brought me to his chest. He just held me for a while. "Why in the world did you jump?"

"You told me to," I said, pulling my head back enough to face him.

"I didn't think you'd actually be stupid enough to do it!"

"People do anything in love. Maine bhi try kar liya (I tried, too)."

"You always prove that pandit (priest) right," he said, shaking his head. I frowned. "He said when I find the one for me, we'll get into life threatening situations. Basically, we're bad luck for each other."

"But we survive together," I pointed out. He chuckled softly. "I'm willing to make it work if you are."

"No matter how hard I try, I can't get rid of you." I slapped his chest lightly. "You hurt me a lot with your stupid plan. And with this jump." He let out a frustrated sigh. "And you know the worst part?" I stared at him with tear stricken face. What could be worse than being in the middle of a water canal? "Rather than me moving on, I keep falling harder and harder for you."

"I literally fell for you."

"Preet?"

"I'm right here."

"Let's, " he took a deep breath, "just forget what happened in New York." I nodded, willingly. "I want my dilli wali girlfriend back."

Just hearing those words made my day. The happiness inside me magnified. My heart was jumping wildly. Not controlling myself, I threw my arms around Rahul's neck and kissed him, surprising us both.

I pulled away quickly upon realizing what I had just done.

Rahul stared at me. "You never fail to catch me off guard."

My cheeks heated up. "Shut up. And I want my Rahul back too."

He smirked, leaning forward and planting a soft kiss on my lips. "In your style," he said seeing me with wide eyes. I realized what I had done. Burying my face in his chest in embarrassment, I mentally scolded myself. Who has their kiss in the middle of a nehr (water canal)?

Rahul's lips met mine over and over again as if he had been waiting for this moment as anxiously as me. I kissed him back with as much vigor, savoring the moment as if it was my last. I had my arms wrapped around his neck tightly, as our hot breaths mixed. When we finally stopped to catch our breaths, I couldn't help but smile.

"Vaise (by the way), Preet, I don't mind floating around with you in my arms," Rahul said grinning, "But I think people are worried about us and--wait, do you see that?"

I turned my head. There were beacons of light at a distance.

Rahul swam forward and then towards the right edge. There was a small space and stairs. It was normally for women to come and wash clothes, children etc. Now, it was our ticket out.

"Preet!" It was Mumma calling. "Rahul!"

She's worried for us both.

"Mumma." I exhaled loudly. I ran and hugged her.

She never cried and now, her eyes were puffy and red, and full of tears. After hugging me, she hugged Rahul, surprising me and him both.

Radhika di hugged us, too. She was in tears. Her brother had after all jumped in the water.

Papa was with the group. Normally, he spent the whole day with his older brother--Tayaji--at his shop. Papa was in the police but on leave. He gave me a hug and reprimanded me. We walked together in the front of the group.

"Preet, you know your mother and I love you dearly. How many times do we have to tell you to be more careful?" Papa asked. I had told everyone that I slipped trying to get off the bridge railing. "You're not a child anymore. What if something happened? Thank god, you and the boy are fine."

"Sorry, Papa."

He put his arm around me and said nothing else.

______________

Once home, Rahul and I didn't get another chance to talk. We cleaned up and sat down to have our hair dried with towels. Bebe was awake and took care of her Shahrukh's hair. Mumma dried mine but she had given both of us a suspicious look post return.

"I don't know how to thank you," Mumma said to Rahul.

"It's okay," Rahul said modest.

It's his fault I jumped.

Or well, lied about slipping off the railing and falling in the water.

"I heard you jumped in without hesitation," Sanam stated. "You and Preet don't even get along from what we've all observed." I looked at my best friend who was giving Rahul a skeptical look. Papa frowned at the boys. How was Rahul going to explain?

"I'm sorry, but what're you trying to imply?" Rahul asked him directly.

Sanam held up his hands in front of him. "I was just wondering--"

"I was in the swim team for four years in high school," Rahul interrupted, "and two years in college. For high school, I went to a military academy." That military thing was received by surprise even from me. "I spent four years in the army before quitting. I'm a second degree black belt. Saving a life is my priority regardless of whether I 'get along' with the person or not." I pressed my lips to hide my smile. "Preet and I get along fine, by the way."

Everyone was silent for a moment and I feared them suspect something going on between me and him. My mother gave me a skeptical glance but I pretended I wasn't paying attention.

"Professional or not, I'm grateful that you saved her. Sanam was too far away to reach in time," Mumma said, patting Rahul's shoulder. "I wish I could do something to thank you."

"Well if you insist, I wouldn't mind some dinner," said Rahul. He earned many laughs.

Everyone got us food.

My mind was only stuck on what happened. Rahul had forgiven me. I kissed him and vice versa. My face warmed at the thought. I couldn't stop feeling . . . relieved and happy. I snuck glances at Rahul.

When I saw Sanam raise an eyebrow, I gave my attention to my food.

_______________

Rahul became everyone's hero. This meant we received no opportunity to be together. We couldn't even sit together for five seconds before someone calling my name or his. Bibi (grandma) made me do a lot of house chores, especially cooking. I stood in the kitchen, mixing around vegetables on a pan. Everyone was told not to help me.

"Hi." Two arms wrapped around me from behind.

I turned my head to see Rahul. He gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek before resting his chin on my shoulder. He placed a soft kiss on the side of my jaw, sucking on my skin. I closed my eyes as my whole body felt a rush of blood.

"You're gonna get us in trouble," I said, though I enjoyed having his arms around me.

"Everyone's outside discussing wedding things," he assured, breathing down on my neck. "I figured this was my only chance to talk to you."

"About what?"

"About us."

I gave him a sideways look. His grip on me loosened and I turned in his arms to face him. "Elaborate, please." I didn't know what we were going to do once this wedding was over.

"As you know, after this wedding, I'm supposed to be back to Albany," he said and I nodded, glumly. "You'll be in Delhi. I don't think you're coming to me again with another deal anytime soon." I sighed, not sure where he was going. He took my spare hand in his. The other one had a spatula. "Mere saath chal pado (come with me)."

"Where?"

"To America. After this wedding is over." I gave him a perplexed look. He was normally very straightforward but not now. "I don't want us to be separated. Again. The past six months were enough." I understood what he was trying to say. But I wanted him to clearly say it. "This is hard." I smiled and nodded. "I--I just--okay, Preet, what I'm trying to say is that I don't think I can just get moving with my life without you in it. And--I--well, meri humsafar banogi (will you be my life partner)?"

I blinked at him. "Yeh proposal tha (was this a proposal)?" He nodded uneasily. I hit him on the arm with my spatula. He winced. "Itna ghatiya proposal (such a terrible proposal)! I never expected this from you. Your fake one was much better!"

"But--"

I hit him again with the spatula. He started backing towards the door. "You just proposed to someone in a kitchen." I kept hitting him with the spatula. "Not just anyone but me. You know how filmy I am and you still! Ugh! Rahul!"

"Ow, stop hitting me!" he said outside the door. He rubbed his arms where I had hit him. I gave him an angry glare. "Is it a yes or a no?" he asked.

"It's a get out."

His sister came in a hurry. She looked between us and frowned.

"Do you two understand how you much attention you're attracting?" she asked. We looked at her confused. "As if looking at each other isn't enough, in the kitchen? Rahul? Preet?"

I felt my face heat up.

"You're misunderstanding," Rahul stated.

"Anyone will misunderstand if they see you hugging her and kissing her from the window."

I pursed my lips and resumed my attention on cooking.

Rahul was quiet too as his sister took him out of the kitchen. It was good she was with him because Rahul would catch more attention leaving alone.

I couldn't believe Rahul actually told me he wanted to spend his life with me. He had completely taken me by surprise.

However, I was still angry at him for the worst proposal in the history of proposals. Whenever our eyes met, I would just shake my head at him in disappointment.

Lovely was getting impatient. He wanted Mumma to help with his love story. I brought along Mumma to my room. Rahul was already there with Lovely.

"We wanted to talk to you about something important," I told her. Rahul nodded.

"Already?" she asked surprised. Rahul laughed and I glared at him.

"Lovedeep loves another girl and doesn't want to marry Sehaj," he said calmly. "Aunty, please don't get angry."

Mumma scowled at my cousin.

"Is that true?" Mumma asked Lovely. He slowly nodded. "Kanjara, hun tenu pyaar yaad aaya (Shameless idiot, now you remembered your love)? Your wedding is in a week!"

"Mummy never listened to my opinion when she fixed the marriage," Lovely tried to explain. He detailed about him and his girlfriend Shruti. "I don't know what to do, chachi (aunty). You're the only understanding adult."

Mumma didn't seem too thrilled. "Love marriages are a crime in your family."

"What's wrong with a love marriage?" Rahul asked.

"You're an educated and modern boy, Rahul," said Mumma, "But this family is very conservative." She sighed and stopped talking. After a while, she said, "We can try to change their minds. Lovely, talk to Sehaj and try to make the bride's side break off the marriage, if you really want to marry Shruti. I'll talk to your mother. This has to be done within the next two days."

Rahul, Lovely, and I exchanged happy glances. Who knew my mother would be convinced this easily?

"Get moving. Sehaj. Go. Now." She looked a bit stressed. "Get Shruti here as soon as possible, too."

We nodded and followed orders.

Lovely told Radhika di and Sam about Mumma joining in.

I was sent to bring Sehaj out. The short, dark haired girl agreed happily.

I took Sehaj to my farm. The group was already there.

"Why's everyone so serious?" Sehaj asked, noticing the mood.

"We need to talk," Lovely said. Her cheerful expression fell within seconds. I felt terrible for the girl. If someone were to do this to me, I would slap him. "We can't get married. I love someone else, Sehaj."

He explained about Shruti.

Sehaj held back her disappointment.

She put on a forced smile--something I used to do after I got back from America--and nodded.

"I'll--I'll talk to my parents. Don't you worry," said Sehaj.

"I'm sorry," Lovely said. He felt bad, but he had no other option.

"It's okay," Sehaj reassured. She soon bid adieu. Radhika di and I tried to walk with her, but she told us she needed to be alone.

Her fiancé had just crushed her heart.

We all headed back home, not feeling too cheerful. Sanam met us on the way and I told him everything. He could only sympathize.

Everyone put a movie to watch. I sat on the floor next to Bebe (great-grandma) watching DDLJ.

I had a thing for the main character Raj in that movie. Soon, my sobbing started and cries of "He's perfect."

"Oh shut up. The sad scene hasn't even come yet and your drama has already began," said Bebe, slapping the back of my head.

"I want Raj!" I whined. Rahul met my eyes and raised an eyebrow. "I want someone like Raj, please!"

He was in the process of rolling his eyes but abruptly stood up. "Shit," I heard him mutter. Turning around, I found the culprit behind why he cursed.

When I saw her, I threw Rahul a death glare. She had completely slipped out of my mind. Why the hell was she even here?

"Rahul!" she screamed and ran into Rahul's arms.

Samrat's face fell too. Radhika di, Sanam, and my family members were lost as to who this girl was.

Drishti.

______________________

A/N

They made up. Even a proposal from Rahul. A terrible one at that. Any suggestions for him? ;)

Drishti is here!! Think she might tell what happened in Albany?

How was the chapter?

Pease vote, comment, share this story. Also, check out my other story, please!!

--Kiran

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 2.1K 62
๐“—๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ; ๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ธ๐”€ ---โ€ข-- -- --- --- -โ€ข โ–กโ–  Zeeshant Mehra, the owner and CEO of India's one and only money-making company. Col...
143K 7.8K 71
" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would gladly make it easier for you by taking m...
10.7K 313 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...