Truth, or Love (A Zayn Malik...

By mirandaankrum

Miranda Buckles is your average, 19 year old directioner. But when she goes to a 1D concert and loses somethi... More

Truth, or Love (A Zayn Malik Fanfic)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Epilogue)

Chapter 30

303 11 3
By mirandaankrum

                                                                       ~Miranda P.O.V~

After my talk with Zayn, I felt so much better. I felt like I could finally relax, not having that stuck in the back of my head. Now, I just have to tell Mariah. Shit. How am I going to tell her? She's going to be so pissed! Why hadn't I told her before? Why had I been so afraid?!

These questions kept swirling around in my head. How am I even going to bring it up? Should it be casual? Should I just ask her to meet me in my room? Oh my god, I am so confused!

As I walked out of the bedroom, I heard some talking in the living room. I walked into the room, to find Mariah, Liam, and Harry watching Duck Dynasty. Of course, Mariah's favorite show of all time! I walked over to the couch where Liam was sitting.

  I quickly took advantage of the situation, and ran over to Liam, and plopped myself in his lap. I sat up straight in his lap, so he couldn't see the T.V. "Hey! You know, you make a better door instead of a window!", Liam said, trying to see around me. "Sorry Liam, but I just HAD to have the best seat in the house!", I said, not moving an inch.

"Oh, so you think my lap is the best seat in the house?", he said, with a cheeky smile. "Um, ew, no! You were already sitting in the best seat in the house, so decided to sit ON TOP of the best seat in the house!", I said, smacking his cheek. "Owie! What was that for?!", he asked, fake holding his cheek where I had 'hit' him. "You were being cheeky! And it was gettin' pretty creepy!", I said, acting like a rapper. Everyone burst out laughing.

"So, Miranda, what was the matter earlier?', Harry asked, playing with a strand of Maria's hair. "Oh, it was nothing. Hey, Mariah, could I talk to you for a minute in my room?', I asked nervously. "Yeah, sure.", she replied, getting up from her spot beside Harry. As we were walking down the hall, Zayn passed us and stopped us. "Hey girls. What's up?", he asked, a confused. "I just have to talk to Mariah for a minute in our room.", I explained, giving him a 'I'm telling her', look.

He got the message, and gave me a knowing nod. "Okay, we'll be in the living room if you need us.", he said, giving me a quick hug. Mariah and I made our way to mine and Zayn's room, and Mariah took a seat on the edge of our bed as I closed the door.

"So, Miranda, what did you need to talk to me about?", Mariah asked, patting the spot next to her. I sat down on the bed, and looked her in the eyes. "Okay, you promise you won't flip out on me.", I said, putting my hands on her shoulders. "Of course Miranda, why would I flip out on you?", she asked, concern in evident in her voice.

"Okay, do you really want to know why I was acting weird earlier?", I asked. "Yes! What was wrong?! You were like, totally happy one minute, then looked all depressing the next!", she said, lying down on the bed, and propping her head up on her elbow.

"Well, remember back in Walnut Grove, when I was dating Spencer?", I asked, cringing at the sound of myself saying his name. "Yeah. Then you broke up with him before we moved here.", she said, moving around a bit to get comfortable.

"Yeah well, that's not really the whole story.", I said, not making eye contact with her. "What do you mean? You guys broke up with mutual feelings didn't you?", she asked, sitting up now. "Not exactly. Get comfortable, this may take awhile.", I said. "Oh, don't worry, I'm VERY comfy.", she said, laying back on my pillow.

**************************************************** 20 minutes later********************************************

"And that's why we moved up here, and why I was acting so weird this morning, I said, not making eye contact with her. She had been silent through my whole explanation, and that REALLY scared me. I looked up from my hands, to see her shocked face. "Hello, Mariah?", I said, waving my hand in front of her face.

"Oh. My. God.", was all she said. Her eyes were wide, and her face wore an expression of complete shock. "Miranda, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS BEFORE?!", she said angrily, shooting up from the bed. "Well, do you have an explanation?", she asked, tapping her foot angrily and impatiently.

"I-I-", I started, but got interrupted. "We're BEST FRIENDS! I thought we told each other everything!", she said, throwing her hands up in the air. "I'm sorry Mariah! I was scared okay! He said that if I told anyone, he would hurt my loved ones! I didn't want him to hurt my parents, my sister, my grandmother. And I especially you.", I said, letting out a sob.

Mariah's hard, angry expression, soon turned to a worried, sorrowful one. She quickly rushed over to me and wrapped me in a hug. "Miranda, I'm so sorry. I guess I was just a little mad that you hadn't told me before. But you should know that you can trust me with anything, and I mean ANYTHING.", she said, rubbing my back soothingly.

"And I can't believe he was such a douche bag. You guys seemed perfectly happy! I swear, if I would have known, his family jewels, if he had any, would have been history!", she said, letting her protective side show. "Have you had any contact with him lately?", she asked worriedly.

"No, I haven't heard about him or from him since we moved up here.", I said, and she relaxed a little. "Ok, good. I don't want him any where NEAR you. Ok?", she said, putting her hands on my shoulders. "Thanks Mariah, for understanding. I was so nervous, I didn't know how you were going to take it.", I said, giving her a bear hug.

"Of course Miranda! You know I would understand something like this!", she said, hugging back. "Wait, does Zayn know?", she asked, looking down at me. "Don't worry, I told him this morning. That's why you didn't see either of us for awhile.", I explained. "How did he take it?!", she said, squirming with anticipation.

"He took it really well. He was comforting, protective, and he totally understood why I never told anyone. He was perfect!", I said, gushing out how Zayn had taken the news. "Good! Cause I was going to say. if he got mad at you, me and him are going to have a little talk"., she said, waving her finger in the air.

"Well,  now you don't have to have a talk with him.", I stated. "Are you going to tell the other boys?", she asked, laying down on the bed. "Maybe, sometime. Just not now. I need time to think about how to tell them.", I said, exhausted.

"Okay, I think that's a good idea. Give it time to sink in for Zayn and I.", she said, smiling. "Okay. We should probably get back to the boys. They're probably reeking havoc in the living room.", she said, rolling off of the bed.

Just then, a huge crash sounded from the living room. Mariah and I ran out of the room, to see what it was. When we got to the living room, what we saw was the most weirdest thing ever.

The loveseat was tipped over, one of the lamps lay broken on the floor, Niall had Louis on the floor, who was clutching a ham sandwich. Harry was hiding behind the sofa, eating a banana, Zayn laughing on the floor, and Liam was cowering in the corner by the door.

"Boys, WHAT HAPPENED?!", Mariah and I said in unison.

"Well, everything was just fine, Niall was eating his sandwich, I was eating my banana, and Louis and Liam were watching The Hangover. Then Louis decided to take Niall's sandwich. Niall went berserk, chased Louis around the loveseat, tipped it over, then tackled him while tipping over the lamp.", Harry said, finishing his story by taking a big bite of his banana.

"Alright, Louis, give Niall back his sandwich. Liam, you can come out now. Harry, don't you dare throw that banana peel on the floor, and Zayn, are you ok?", I said, taking over the commando job. "Ok.", Louis said, handing Niall his sandwich.

"My sandwich.", Niall muttered, glaring daggers at Louis. Harry reluctantly got up and threw his banana peel away, while Liam slowly crawled out of the corner, and wrapped his arms and legs around my leg.

"It's okay Weeyum. We won't let them hurt you.", I said, patting his head and using my baby voice. Zayn soon recovered from his laugh attack, and sat with me on the couch. "So, how did the talk with Mariah go?", he whispered in my ear.

"It went good. She understood completely.", I whispered, laying my head on his shoulder. "Good. See, I told you there was nothing to worry about!", he whisper yelled excitedly. "Oh sure, play the 'I told you so.' card!", I said, hitting him in the shoulder. "Hey, who wants to play Twister?", Louis asked, jumping up and down with the box in his hand. "Sure.", I agreed.

If only I knew what I had just gotten myself into.

***************************************************(A/N)*****************************************************

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated lately, I've been really busy with school and stuff, and right now, there is a HUGE snow storm going on outside! And we got out of school early! YAY! Anyway, please tell me if you have any constructive advice for me, I would love to know what you guys think! After all, I am writing to make you guys happy! Please comment, vote, and fan! IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!! THANKS!! I LOVE YOU GUYS! :) <3

-Miranda

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

764 111 45
A 19 year old girl named Nicole meets an amazing man named Zayn Malik. They form a relationship fast. Zayn struggles with stress and so does Nicole t...
2.8M 35.2K 66
Jasmine an 18 year old beauty moves to London for a new start. All her life, guys have tried to use her, so much that believing in love is hard for h...
16.2K 126 15
Meet Melissa, a young girl from Bradford who used to be best friends with Zayn Malik before he left to audition for the X Factor and forgot all about...
120 0 1
14 year old Cherry Filan went to the UK for a holiday at her friend's house. When she bumped into Zayn Malik, everything changed. Zayn found himself...