Transmigrated as the terminal...

By Money_stealer

I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once playe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: (Damarius backstory)
Chapter 56: (Damarius backstory)
Chapter 57

Chapter 51

843 29 10
By Money_stealer

Flop

I arrived at the mansion and lay down on my bed, but I'm not exactly sure when that happened.

OK so, what does this mean? Lavenia doesn't have a fiancé in the game, right?! I'm sure I remember this correctly!

Creak...

"Lania?"

A familiar voice made me look towards the door and found Vasilius entering my room. He wore a formal suit as usual.

"You just got home? How was your first party? Was it fun? Or did something confuse you?" he asked with curiosity.

Ugh... Lil bro Valius...

I got up and sat on the side of the bed, looking at Vasilius in frustration.

"Eh? Lania? What's wrong with you? Did someone upset you?" He looked at me worriedly, kneeling beside the bed and holding my hands gently.

"Brother Valius, is it true that I am betrothed to the crown prince?" I nervously asked.

"How did you know?"

...so it's true?!

"Marquess Fabian told me at the party. Tell me, it's not true, right?"

Vasilius rubbed the nape of his neck. "Erm... You see, it's not a fiancé, but a fiancé candidate. In royal history, the crown prince has been determined to be engaged to a duke's daughter, or someone of equivalent rank, so that royal blood is not lost from the royal family."

Ugh, I forgot that cliche story where the Duke family is always paired with the royal family...

"But I don't want to? Can't I refuse?"

Vasilius chuckled. "Is it because he's a stranger?"

"Yeah... More or less like that..." Well, although he's not really a stranger because I know him from the game. But this game developer provides false information. Plus I wasn't that interested in him. And I've never interacted openly with him... Previous meetings didn't count because he thought I was Lavenia.

"You haven't changed. Before you refused too. Well... Except for your refusal this time is more... calm."

Calm?

"What do you mean?"

Vasilius was silent for a moment. "Uh... at that time you heard this news and immediately went to Dad's room to protest by breaking Dad's things. Then, because the proposal sent was rejected by the royal family, you destroyed all the documents that Dad had worked on. And that went on for a month until Dad had to work at the central palace."

...
I'm speechless...

"Then what should I do...? I don't want to be the crown prince's fiancé..."

Vasilius stood up and sat next to me. "Sigh... I also don't agree even though I know that the crown prince's reputation is quite good. Though marrying him is very profitable, if we ignore the fact that our lives are threatened all the time. But it can't be helped, our royal system has been made like that. Even so, there are 2 ways to prevent this system from being implemented."

That is!

"What's the way?" I hope it's not impossible...

Vasilius raised his index finger. "One, the crown prince does not agree to this engagement for reasons that the king and queen can agree to." Then he raised his middle finger. "Or two, the crown prince already has a fiancé chosen by himself, which is impossible because the crown prince is not interested in anyone according to the available information. In fact, he has no scandals at all."

Sigh... Of course, the second method only applies to our heroine. But Edelyn seems interested in Helios... It seems like this method is impossible.

While the first method...

...

Wait, wouldn't that work?

With a sudden burst of energy, I stood up and caught Vasilius off guard. "That is!"

"Yes?" Vasilius looked at me in astonishment.

"Brother Valius, you are the best!" Out of habit, I hugged Vasilius in happiness.

When I didn't feel a movement, I realized.

Ah... I forgot that my treatment was very different from usual because his relationship with Lavenia wasn't as close as mine and my brother's... I didn't realize it okay? Every time I'm happy I always hug my brother...

I was about to let go of my hug but I stopped when two arms wrapped around my waist.

Vasilius muttered something I couldn't hear.

"Huh? What?"

"I said I was happy... Before this, I could only dream of being this close to you."

...
Lavenia, you really are the worst. Look at how Vasilius still loves you after what you did...

"Sorry..." I said softly.

Vasilius tightened his embrace. "Lania... If one day you get your memory back..." He was silent for a moment, then let go of his embrace. He rubbed his nape and let out a heavy sigh. "No, just... forget it."

...I'm not Lavenia. Even if I got Lavenia's memories, I am me. And if what Lavenia said in my dream is true... Then... Well, I can stay in this body.

"Just so you know, I won't change. My words are still valid when I said I would be your good little sister." I said firmly.

He froze for a moment, looking into my eyes for the truth. In his eyes were his emotions that sought the sincerity of what he considered a miracle.

Sigh... I'm serious. It seemed like I had placed my feelings of brotherhood with my brother in my previous life on Vasilius.

Don't blame me, okay? Vasilius reminds me of my brother, which makes me a little melancholic at times.

He looked down, clasped his hands, then covered his face with his palms. "Sigh... I'm the worst... I can't believe I wished for your memories not to come back for us to continue like this."

I pat Vasilius' head, followed by a gentle stroke. "You're not wrong. I would probably wish for that too if I were you. It's natural for you to wish like that."

My words made Vasilius look at me embarrassedly. "Still... That would be cruel for you who don't have any memories."

Ugh... My guilty conscience feels pricked.

I sat down next to Vasilius again, leaning backward while supporting myself with both hands. "Well, if I'm honest, I also hope that my memory doesn't come back. If it does, I'll probably feel very guilty. In the end, I will apologize every day so that the days when I have a brother who is very understanding towards me don't end, considering my previous behavior was really bad ." I babbled with a bit of a joking tone.

"I will never stop loving my family. Especially you, my twin who I love so much."

Wow... Words that make you cringe, though it's not that bad to hear it.

I laughed softly. "I know, that's why you don't need to worry. I would rather get the attention you give than reject it."

Vasilius smiled in relief after hearing my response.

"Young master, I have done as you ordered." I could hear the voice of a middle-aged woman in front of the room. Simultaneously Vasilius and I saw a shadow in front of the door

Since when was there someone?

A strand of violet hair emerging from behind the door made me and Vasilius stare at each other.

Vasilius stood up and walked out. "Darius, what are you doing standing there?"

"Nothing..." I could hear Damarius's stuttering voice.

Vasilius grabbed Damarius' shoulders and pushed him in. For a moment my and Damarius' gazes collided, but Damarius broke it off by looking to the side.

"So... is there anything you need?" I asked Damarius.

He cleared his throat a little. "Enter."

A middle-aged woman and 3 girls in maid outfits entered with bowed heads.

"You can choose or hire them all. I will also rearrange the knights who will escort you." Damarius looked at me seriously.

"Huh? What does this mean?"

"Huh? Oh? Right... Because of that incident, we reorganized the workers around you." Vasilius said cheerfully.

"Wait... Reorganize?"

"Yes, they are all incompetent at doing their work. As a result, you got hurt. Even your previous personal maid didn't know where you were that day. That's why we changed and chose carefully so that this incident doesn't happen again. And did you know? Darius paid full attention to this re-election, he even stepped in to test their skills one by one." Vasilius spoke passionately.

Oh... So it turns out I actually have a personal maid, it's just... Well... Yeah...

"I see... Thank you, brother Darius." I said with a sincere smile.

Damarius froze and answered with reddened ears. "This is nothing."

"Now now, Lania, you can choose according to your taste. I'm sure Darius' choice won't be wrong and they will definitely be of good quality."

What do you mean good quality? Do you think they're products?

I looked at the three maids who looked young. One maid stood out in my eyes with her cheerful face and short-cut blue hair.

I approached the girl and bent slightly due to my taller height.

"Uhm... Can you tell me your name?"

"Yes, my lady! My name is Anne!" Her loud voice made me jump in surprise.

Wow... Her voice so... Powerful

I glanced at Damarius. "Even though she is small, she is a well-trained knight. She also knows all the criteria needed to become a maid."

Vasilius approached in awe. "Where did you find this girl?" The girl looked sullen after Vasilius said those words.

Uh... Huh?

"From the troops under Arkanio's command. He personally recommended her."

Oh? Isn't her rank high if he's in Arkanio's troop?

"And do note, she's older than you. She's 25 years old." Damarius' words surprised me.

What?! This cute girl?! She has a baby face, so don't blame us if we think she's around 15 years old.

Vasilius looked confused. "Oh... Uh... Sorry, Anne."

"You don't need to apologize, and right now my position is a maid candidate, not an honorary Knight," Anne said resignedly.

"Right... Uh... Then I'll choose Anne."

"Thank you, my lady! I swear I will not disappoint you and took the opportunity you gave me with full responsibility," Anne said happily as she bowed 90 degrees, making me feel awkward.

I don't think this is an opportunity that would make someone as happy as you...

"Then, that remains your guardian knight." Damarius dismissed the two maids and the middle-aged woman who was the head maid here.

"Uh... Isn't Anne enough?"

My words made the three people look at me in confusion.

Huh? She's a knight, right? Why look for another Knight?

Vasilius grabbed both of my shoulders. "Lania... a maid and a knight are different positions. And you need not just one knight, but more."

Then what's the point of hiring knight as a maid?!

Damarius stared at me intently. "I chose a maid who can fight so that she can help you in an emergency like before. She is only a backup guard who will help you with your daily activities. Meanwhile, the guard knight has the task of looking after you and paying attention to your surroundings."

"I don't think it's necessary."

Damarius looked at me in frustration. "You don't know how dangerous this world is. What if there's an ambush by more than one person? One Knight won't be able to guard you in that situation. There's no harm in being cautious for such situation."

"Darius is right, Lania. We don't want anything bad happens to you."

Sigh... Of course, they're right. But I'm not used to this kind of security system... The thought of me being watched by someone all the time makes me feel uncomfortable...

"Ugh... Alright."

Damarius patted the top of my head, making me gasp a little. "Be prepared tomorrow to choose your knight." He turned and walked out of my room.

"Ah, it's getting late. You should rest now. Let's discuss a solution for your problem tomorrow."

"About that, it looks like you don't need to worry, I already have a solution."

Vasilius looked at me in surprise. "For real?"

"Mhm." I nodded confidently.

"Okay... Then I'll go. Good night, Lania. I hope you have a sweet dream." Vasilius smiled brightly, which I returned.

"Good night, brother Valius. You too."

After Vasilius left, Anne, who had been watching us, spoke up. "Lady Alfaret, would you like to take a bath?"

Now that you mention it, I feel sticky...

"Uhm... Sure."

"I'll prepare it right away." She rushed to the bathroom.

"Uh... Thank you..." I said. I don't know whether she heard it or not because of her nimble steps.

As expected of a knight...

Knock knock

A knock on the window startled me.. There's a man stands in front of the window with his usual smile.

Since when was he there...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 42 33
A girl who only got shown hatred and disgust, she dies at the hands of her adoptive sister that everyone knows and loves. Her sister is from a place...
1.6K 93 16
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
498K 28.1K 60
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
142K 4.7K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...