Picture This [Of Mice & Men S...

By alyssawonderland

Laiya Kingsley was overcoming her past when an oppurtunity popped up. Photography and music were always her c... More

Picture This [Of Mice & Men Story]
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen

2.2K 51 18
By alyssawonderland

I heard a faint beeping sound, and felt a pounding in my head. I opened my eyes to a very white room. 

I started panicking, because I was alone and hooked up to a bunch of machines. I heard the beeping pick up, and I turned to look at it, but it hurt my head. 

I heard the door open which made me panic even more. I realized how vulnerable I really was laying here in this hospital bed. HE could come get me at any second. I tried pulling out the tubes, but a hand stopped me.

I looked up and met the gaze of an older man. He was wearing a white lab coat, and tried calming me down. 

"Miss Kingsley. please calm down. If you try and take this tubes off, we'll have to restrain you. It's alright, you're safe in a Arizona hospital," he said soothingly. I tried calming my heart down, but I was still frightened and hurting more by the minute.

He continued, "Miss, you've received multiple fractures to your ribs and your organs are bruised. You have a lot of cuts, bruises, and stitches everywhere. You're a very lucky girl Laiya. If your attacker had anymore time with you, you'd probably be dead."

"Thanks for making me better Doc." I said cheerfully. I'm glad he said attacker and no one knew who it was. I was already planning the story to tell when the doctor tried to get my attention again.

"Um, I know you're in a fragile state, but there are alot of worried tattooed men out in our lobby and if I don't let them see you soon I'm afraid there might be a riot," he chuckled. This was by far the coolest doctor I had ever been to.

"Yeah, sure. Let them in, but uh, doc, could you give me some pain meds or something. I'm in a HELL of a lot of pain."

"Yes, definitely no problem!" He walked out and soon my room was filled with the boys. The first one who got to my bed was, of course, Austin.

"Laiya, oh my god, are you okay?" Austin looked at me and I saw worry/concern etched through his warm brown eyes. I wish I could be honest and tell him the truth, but I didn't want to risk Samuel hurting him too.

"I'm alright just everything fucking hurts. How're you?" I said making small talk and smiling.

He didn't like that. None of the guys did.

"Laiya, seriously this isn't a fucking joke, what the hell happened?!" Austin said raising his voice.

"We found you bleeding, and nearly dead!" Alan said his voice breaking.

"We thought we lost you," Oliver said speaking for the first time. I looked at him, and I saw that he had been crying. All of the guys had been crying. I couldn't bear this; that everyone cared so much about me. I didn't want them to, because that meant making attachments and I couldn't do that with Samuel following me.

I looked at all of them, and finally spoke. "Look, I was walking to the bus and I was attacked from behind. I didn't get a look at them, and as soon as they heard someone they split. Alright? That's it."

"Seriously? That's it? You didn't see them at all?" Adam asked urging me to speak, but I couldn't. I didn't want talk about it anymore, because if I did.. I was afraid I'd spill everything.

I started crying, which hurt, but I knew it'd make them all stop asking questions.

"Hey, hey, it's okay Laiya. Guys leave her the hell alone, she's in pain," Jaime said. He sat down by my bed and put his hand on mine. He smiled a sad smile at me, and I smiled back at him.  I looked at Austin who was looked... disappointed. I dropped my smile and looked down.

"Can you guys give us a minute?" Austin asked. I was scared and worried that I wouldn't be able to keep in my secrets much longer.

Everyone agreed, and soon we were alone. I looked at the sheets and fiddled with them. I didn't want to look at him, but I heard when he came and sat down next my bed. He grabbed my hand, and left me no choice, but to look at him.

"Laiya, was it your stalker?" He said in a very serious tone.

"No, Austin, seriously. I didn't get a look at them. I have no idea who it was or why they attacked me, but I'm being honest. I don't know who did this," I said keeping a straight face. Please stop asking me questions, my thoughts silently pleaded.

"Okay, well, I don't want you to be alone any longer. If you want to go somewhere, then have at least one of us with you at all times. I mean it, I can't lose you," Austin said his voice breaking and tears streamed down his face. Even with everything that happened, I knew I loved him because seeing him hurt made me hurt. 

"Okay, whatever you want love," I said smiling. He immediately smiled at the 'love' comment and wiped his tears away. He squeezed my hand, and the doctor walked back in.

"Hey doc, you got my drugs?" I said winking at him.

"Well, someone's in a great mood now. Is this the reason why?" He said motioning towards Austin. I just blushed and they both laughed.

"Anyways! What's the verdict? Can I leave today? We gotta get back on tour," I asked. 

"Yes you can leave as soon as these papers are signed, and you get your meds. Now I can't stop you or watch you 24/7 but I want you to take it easy. You seem like a push the limits kind of girl, but I mean it. If you fracture your ribs any further they could puncture your lungs and you could die, please take this seriously," he said giving me a worried look. 

"I promise I will. Now gimme those papers so we can escape," I laughed taking the papers and signed them. Adam came in a gave me some clothes which I was surprised he had picked himself. 

I put on the Of Mice and Men hoodie and sweat pants. I figured he chose sweats since we'd be driving all night to Las Vegas to start back up on tour. 

I checked out, and tried to pick up my bags when my body guards, the entire lot of them, decided to baby me. Vic grabbed my bags while Tino came and helped me walk to the bus. 

I got to the bus and the boys all followed me around. They bustled over every little thing which was totally cute, but I wasn't used to someone, let alone 5 grown men, babying me. I went to lay down on  the front couch when Phil rushed over with pillows and a Squidgy blanket.

"Here, so you're comfortable. It's gonna be a long ride," he said smiling and fluffed my pillow.

"Awh, thanks deary. You guys are too much. I'll be fine, truly" I said blushing and I felt so thankful for the wonderful men I get to call family. That's what they were now, they were my family, and although that terrified me; I loved feeling at home with them. 

I laid down jostling my ribs, and I winced in pain. I tried hiding it, but Aaron saw. He got up and walked past Alan who was coming towards me. I wondered what was wrong, but I let it go. Alan sat down on the couch letting me put my legs on him. Aaron walked back with my meds, and a bottled water. 

Tears pricked my eyes when I saw him which was probably one of the worse reactions, because everyone freaked out. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Are you in pain?"

"Do you need to go back to the hospital?"

"Guys! Stop, I'm just so overwhelmed with happiness. I've never.. I've never been taken care of.. Okay, it's just alot... Thank you so much for everything. I don't know what I'd do without you all.." I said wiping away my tears. Alan rubbed my leg and the rest of the guys came up to me and kissed my head. Austin lingered with his kiss, and I shivered at his touch. I sat up so he could sit down, and he let my pillow and I lay down on his lap. 

Alan started playing The Corpse Bride, but my meds were alot stronger than I imagined, because soon I was drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

"Please just stop, let me go," I cried. 

"Never, you still don't get it, do you? You've been mine since you were born and you'll be mine till you die."

"I'll never be yours, I rather die than be near you you bastard!" I yelled at him. He slapped me hard.

"We'll see about that," he said undoing my jeans.

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

I woke up panting, and sweaty.  My ribs ached and my head pounded harder than ever before. I looked at my surroundings, and saw that I was in my bunk. I need my meds, I thought to myself.

 I got down out of my bunk being quiet and careful with my ribs. I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I gasped and had tears in my eyes immediately.

I looked like I had just been through a war. I had a huge cut with stitches at my hair line. I was bruised all over, and had cuts as well. I couldn't believe how badly he hurt me. I lift up my shirt feeling it tug my ribs which made me whimper. I had black and purple bruises all over my sides and I was so angry in that moment.

I just wanted to stab his eyes out and make him suffer. I wiped away the tears falling from my eyes, and grabbed my meds. I also grabbed a couple of my pills from my stash, because I was tired of feeling so much. I was mentally, and emotionally exhausted. 

I walked back out of the bathroom, and grabbed my cigarettes. I went to through the front lounge, and walked down the stairs. I opened the front door and was about to step out, but stopped dead in my tracks. 

There was a bouquet of white roses. I picked them up, and saw there was a card. I was terrified that he had been so close to me and the boys yet again. He found us, and that meant he was following me on tour. 

I opened the card and read:

"Next time there won't be someone to save you. I'm always watching.

-Dad"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
28.8M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...