A Thief and a Queen

By MackenzieWinner

A collection of my OQ one shots, mostly from OQ Week on tumblr. More

Masquerade
Caught
Forgotten
Assassin
Hades
Archery
Hope
Just Once
Convincing
Retirement
Snowball Fight (Missing Year Trilogy #1)
On the Balcony (Missing Year Trilogy 2)
Bath Time
Happy Ending
Pain Management
Comfort Food
A Purrfect Beginning
True Love
Family Matters
Lost Souls
The Nanny
Welcome Home
Teach Me
The Tattoo
Dad Quest (Part I)
Dad Quest (Part II)
The Ball
The Dinner Date
The Marriage Test (Part I)
The Marriage Test (Part II)
The Marriage Test (Part III)
What Child is This?
Not Just Another Day
An Education in Love (Part I)
An Education in Love (Part II)
Promposal
A Valentine's Day Surprise
What a Soulmate Feels Like
Lost in a Book
Abducted
Vacation Buddies
Muse
The Professor and the Bar Owner
Better When I'm Dancing: Injury
The Queen and Her Pet
Regina's New Problem
Skeletons Are Supposed to Be in the Closet
The Mausoleum
Breaking the Curse
Soulmates
Make Me Whole Again
Pixie Dust Doesn't Lie
Page 23
Comforting Regina
Second Chances
The Queen in the Attic
The Fire
The Hospital
Under the Sea
Sharing is Caring
A Special Connection
Baking Bread
Breaking Free
The Last Lifetime
Shooting Star
Finding Robin
The Tournament
Truth Revealed
To Be With You
Flu Season
Rain
Problem
Self-Care
Costume Contest
A Late Dinner and a Conversation

Fever (Missing Year Trilogy #3)

1K 60 10
By MackenzieWinner

Outlaw queen 5 missing year: "Please don't leave me.

The attack had been unexpected and savage. Robin and his men had barely managed to fend off the waves of flying monkeys coming at the palace. In the aftermath, he walked through those who fought. "Is anyone injured?" he called to his men.

"Robin!" Little John called from where he stood over a body. "You better come over here. And hurry."

Robin ran over to comrade's position, unsure what he would find. His heart stopped and his blood froze when he saw who lied at Little John's feet. It was the Queen.

Her clothes were ripped in several spots and he could see claw marks marring her pale skin. Blood oozed from an injury on her leg while one of her arms seemed to be at a painful angle. A gash on her head also bleed, dripping onto her long, dark eyelashes. She seemed paler than usual.

He ran his hand over her hair and checked her for signs of life. His heart took residency in his throat during his scan but didn't leave after he confirmed she was alive. The Queen's pulse was weak and she felt clammy to his touch.

Robin looked up at Little John. "Send ahead and tell them we need a healer. I'll carry her to the palace."

Little John nodded, taking off toward the palace. Robin was careful as he took the Queen in his arms. She was limp, unresponsive. It scared him, if he was honest. This was the woman who infuriated him on a daily basis, almost took pleasure in it, but who he felt the need to protect. He couldn't imagine a life without her now that she had entered his life.

"Please don't leave me," he whispered to her.

*****

Snow met him at the doors, her hand flying to her mouth as she took in the sight of her stepmother. "Regina! What happened?"

"I don't know," Robin said. "I didn't even know she was out there."

"Bring her to her room. I'll send Doc to her. Hopefully he'll know what to do." Snow picked up her skirts and hurried away.

It struck Robin odd that she didn't tell him where Regina's rooms were, like she knew he knew. How close an eye did the princess keep on the Queen? Robin didn't think it was out of suspicion. No doubt she was just as worried about the woman as he was. Was that why she hadn't called him out on his nightly patrols that just so happened to bring him past the Queen's bedroom?

Robin laid her on her bed, her dark clothing blending in with the dark covers. It made her pale skin stand out all the more. He tried to ignore the dread still building as he removed her boots.

Snow and Charming came into the room. Robin stepped away from the bed. "Perhaps you should finish undressing her?"

"Yes, it would be best. You and Charming should turn your backs. I'll let you know when it's safe to look." Snow approached the bed.

"It's probably best if you two step out," Doc said, entering the room.

Charming grabbed Robin's shoulder and guided him out into the hall. He watched the outlaw. "You okay?"

"The Queen is the one lying unconscious and wounded yet you're asking me how I am?" Robin let out a wry laugh.

"Robin, everyone is aware of your feelings for her. I believe even she is."

"She is," Robin said softly. "She wants nothing to do with me."

"Did she say that?"

Robin shook his head. "Not in so many words. I could read between the lines though."

The door opened and the two men straightened up. Doc led Snow from the bedroom, though the princess was frowning. "I want to stay in there with her."

"I do not advise that, Your Highness. Not when she's running a fever. We can't risk you getting sick in your condition." Doc cast his gaze down on Snow's rounded stomach. Robin's heart sped up. A fever meant infection. An infection here meant danger. "I'll stay with her," he offered.

Charming and Snow exchanged looks but Doc nodded. "Let me know if you need anything for her."

"I will. Thank you." Robin slipped inside the Queen's chambers again before the Prince and Princess could protest.

*****

Robin sat by her bedside, sponging her down with a wet rag. The Queen tossed and turned in her sleep, unable to get comfortable. Her face twisted in pain and Robin found he wanted to take it all away from her.

"Damn it, Regina," he said, running a hand through his hair. "Why didn't you tell me you were out there?"

She didn't respond. Not even when he used her name rather than her title. Instead, she remain trapped in her feverish nightmares.

Robin continued, starting to rant. "You are the most stubborn woman I have ever met, Regina. And the most suicidal. You can't keep doing this. Not to Snow, not to Roland and not to me."

The Queen squirmed in her bed and for a moment, Robin thought she had heard him. But her eyes never opened and she soon settled back down. He dabbed her forehead but it seemed to do very little to relieve her.

"You will pull through this," he said. "I'm not giving you an option. Roland's starting to open up to you as a second mother. He's not going to lose you like he lost Marian."

Robin stopped, finding he was getting choked up. He cleared his throat. "I don't know why I keep doing this. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. Maybe I like being torn down by you every chance we get.

"Or maybe I'm in love." He let out a wry laugh. "If my men could hear me...If only you could hear me."

He glanced down at her. "Or maybe this is for the best. If you could hear me, you'd take great delight in skinning me alive.

"Then again, I'd die for you." The truth of his statement struck him. His heart sped up as he wondered when he started to feel that way.

Robin took her hand in his. "Don't worry, Regina. That surprised me as much as it would've surprised you had you heard it."

He raised her hand to his lips before laying it back down on the bed. Picking up the rag, he wrung it out and started to sponge her off again.

*****

He wasn't sure when he dozed off but when he woke, the first pale sunbeams of the day started to peak through the curtain. Robin sat up in his chair, checking on the still sleeping Regina. He was relieved to find her fever had broken. She was on the road to recovery.

Robin put down the rag and ran his hand over his face. He decided to check on Roland and maybe get a change of clothes. It might help him feel refreshed. Glancing down at Regina, he saw she was still asleep. She wasn't going to miss him.

As he stepped away from the bed, he felt her grab his hand. Looking down, he was surprised to see her brown eyes staring back at him.

He crouched down next to her. "Is something wrong?"

"Please, don't leave me," she begged.

"Regina..." Robin sunk back down in his chair. He took her hand. "Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere."

She smiled, closing her eyes again. He watched as her breathing evened out and she fell back asleep.

Robin's eyes grew heavy as everything caught up with him. He let go of her hand and watched as she frowned, starting to wake up. "It's all right," he assured her. "I'm just getting more comfortable, milady."

She moved over on the bed, as if making room for him. Robin hesitated for a moment before deciding it was an invitation. He laid down next to her, his chest against her back. Wrapping an arm around her waist, he fell asleep.

When she awoke later that day, Regina would throw him out of bed. She would insist that she never meant for him to join her and she's a queen, she doesn't beg. Robin would take it with a grain of salt, knowing that he saw the true Regina. One day, he vowed, she'd show it to him again willingly. He'd wait until then.

Good thing he was a patient man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 112 13
a collection of my favorite one shot stories, i am not taking credit for any..... just a collection of my favorites that i want to keep! enjoy!
2.4K 33 12
A collection of Swanqueen One Shots. Hope you enjoy <3
304 6 1
Set in my Comfort Food verse. When quarantine comes to Storybrooke and Avalon, Robin and Regina do their best to navigate their new reality for thems...
7.5K 315 25
*Written mainly from Regina's POV.* When certain events in life occur, they have the power to write the next part of life. And everything that has ha...