Jesiah | A Red Dead Redemptio...

By JustJammyu

Jesiah DeSantis. Boy is a thief and he ain't a good kid, but no one always start that way. He even thinks tha... More

Colter
Enter, Pursued By A Memory
The Aftermath Of Genesis
Memories
Old Friends
Warm Winter Nights
Who The Hell Is Leviticus Cornwall?
Eastward Bound
Polite Society, Valentine Style
Americans At Rest
Paying A Social Call
We Loved Once And True
An Hour
The First Shall Be Last
Pouring Forth Oil
Pouring Forth Oil II
The Sheep And The Goats
A Strange Kindness
Must Be Love
An Honest Mistake
The Course Of True Love
Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Preaching Forgiveness As He Went
The Fine Joys Of Tobacco
Brothers In Crime
Sodom? Back To Gomorrah
New Things, Murfree Country
Love Makes You Crazy
Friends In Very Low Places
Blessed Are The Peacemakers
A Short Walk In A Pretty Town
Blood Feuds, Ancient And Modern
Battle Of Shady Belle
Caught Up In The Past
Angelo Bronte, A Man Of Honor
Brothers And Forgiveness
The Gilded Cage
The Mother, the Witch
Horsemen, Apocalypse
Who The Hell Is J.C.?
Urban Pleasures
A Fire Called Love
Random
Country Pursuits
Two Veterans And An Outlaw
Random 2
Revenge Is A Dish Best Eaten
A Sweet Time In Cumberland
Random 3
Marriage and Dreams
A Hope To A Different World
Banking, The Old American Art
Visions Turned Prophecies
Update
Welcome To the New World
Thinking Hours
Fleeting Joy of Uncle Tacitus
A Fork In The Road
Planning A Sweet Escape
Icarus and Friends
Visiting Hours
Idealism and Pragmatism for Beginners
Wedding Traditions
Sickness Unveiled
Random ?
A Rage Unleashed
Cursed With One, Blessed With Three
Honor, Amongst Thieves
Family Meeting: A New Era
Thanksgiving Special
The Fine Art Of Conversation
Goodbye, Dear Friend
Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow
Ikaw At Ako
Family Meeting II: The Junction
Update
The King's Son
My Boy
Unwanted Update 🤡
My Last Boy
A Man's Purpose
Reckoning In The West
Our Best Selves

Lost Boy

154 5 20
By JustJammyu

Okay... hehe. I know, I've been gone for a while. I can't even remember how long. Too much school and mental breakdowns but here's a new one and it's domestic fr fr. I hope ya'll forgive me pls-

________________________________________________________________________________

"All I'm saying is, if it's a boy, I wanna name him Hosea. Because... Hosea." Jesse said as him and Jessica stroll through the city, hand in hand, with Jesse leading leading Leon with his other hand.

"And like I said, I don't have a problem with that, BUT I think it sounds alot pleasing as a second name." Jessica said.

Jesse raises a brow, "Like, James Hosea Creed?" he said and he paused, "Shit, that actually sounded good." he said.

"Huh, it does." she agreed, "Wait, do you want a boy or a girl?" she asked.

The man hums in thought, "Okay, a boy would be amazing... But a little baby girl? Oh my gosh, I think my heart would just explode, especially if she looks like you." he said, making Jessica blush, and giggle.

He grabs her hand again and led her as they continue to stroll trhough the city. Having no problems for the time being.

Abraham's at home, resting. Getting scolded by... Almost everyone for moving around and tiring himself, so he just stayed behind. The other couples are out chatting. The couple decided to have a time of their own in the city.

"Do you want to go to the theatre?" Jesse asked.

Jessica furrowed her brows, but a smirk is seen, "You became less of a gentleman the moment you married me huh?" she asked, jokingly.

Jesse's eyes widened, with worry, mostly, "I-I... Really?" he said, hitching Leon at a nearby post.

"No! Silly!" Jessica said and Jesse sighed in relief, "It sort of faltered, when you asked though." she explained.

"Huh, well in that case..." he walks in front of her and bows while offering his hand, "Would you like to join me in the theatre, m'lady." he said.

"Hmm... I'll think about it." she teased.

"I-"

"Yes, yes, oh my goodness, such an anxious man." she joked as she took his hand.

"If I ever lose my gentleness for you, by all means, please leave me, let me wallow in my misery because I couldn't continue to treat you right." he said dramatically.

"Oh I will." she said a little too quickly for Jesse's liking, he deserved that though.

"Then I will always treat you like my queen that you are." he said, making her blush.

He pays for a ticket and they enter the theatre. Many acts entered through the red curtains. A woman dancing with a snake. A woman breathing fire. A dwarf, a giant. A strong woman... Dancers.

Then, an act comes in. A man and a woman. The man claims to be able to catch bullets with his teeth.

"Okay, I think this is too much." Jesse whispered to Jessica.

"I mean... He might be able to actually do it." Jessica said.

Suddenly, the man calls to the audience for someone to shoot him, rather than the woman he's with.

"We'll see about that." Jesse said as he stood as a volunteer.

Before Jessica could say something, Jesse was already at the front. She joined in as the others cheered Jesse on to expose the man.

"Now, ladies and gentlemen." the man started, "I will prove to you I am the greatest entertainer to ever live, and the only man who laughs at death." he said.

Jesse loaded his gun and starts to aim. "You sure about this, friend?"

"Yes, young man. Take aim..." he takes a deep breath, "And fire."

Jesse looks to his wife and shrugs, "Okay then. Ya'll are witnesses." he says, then pulls the trigger.

The magician reacts like he was hit, part of Jesse got worried he actually killed the man, but a part of him wanted to see what happened since the man was still slightly standing.

Then, the man stood tall and reveals the bullet that he caught in between his teeth. Making the crowd cheer and Jesse shrugged, impressed.

"Thank you good sir!" the magician thanked him and Jesse salutes him before sitting back down next to his wife.

"Well, at least we got to the end of that. Man's talented, I guess..." Jessica said, making Jesse chuckle.

Unfortunately, that was the final act for the night. The host said his goodbye, and the curtains start to close. Everyone eventually stood to leave the theatre. The couple stayed behind as to not get crowded through the doors.

"That was interesting." she said, and looked back to Jesse who was already looking at her... She smiles, confused though, "What?"

He smiles, "I want to have a family with you..." he said. Instead of lust in his eyes though, it was pure... Genuine love in his eyes.

She sighs, "Me too... But... What about everything else?" she asked.

He sighs... "I know... I need to finish things with the gang... Completely..."

She cups his face to look at her, "All will be alright in time, love... And we'll have a peaceful family for ourselves."

He leans into her touch... "Right... All will be alright in time..."

They stayed like that for a moment... Before noticing that everyone has left. They stood from their seats and walked out the doors, hand in hand... Content with what they have right now. They can wait. They know the world won't get any better, but the least they can do is to make sure that they're secure before bringing their children into their world.

They exit the theatre hand in hand, having random conversations with each other. Walking back to Leon, just a few steps closer, before they knew it, Jesse's satchel's straps were cut apart and taken. The man was quick to turn and run to the culprit, a kid.

He turns quick to Jessica, "Get Leon, love!" he said, and she nodded and ran to the said horse.

Jesse ran and called to the boy, bumping and apologizing to anyone he passes through and hits. He reaches an alley behind the big buildings. He lost the boy. He groans in annoyance but took a deep breath to keep himself composed, walking towards a couple having a conversation.

"Hi, excuse me, did ya'll happen to see a boy. About this tall." He gestures to his upper abdomen, "Blonde hair, dirty clothes, you know, the type of kids in these spots?" he asks.

The man nods, "Oh yes, I think he went that way." He points to the end of the alley, leading to the night market.

Jesse sighs, "Thank you, friend." He says and starts to run to that direction.

Passing through the street, Jessica arrives with Leon.

"You got it back?" she asks.

"No, the rascal ran through the market, it'll be hard to find him now." He said.

Jessica rubs his arm, "Y'know let's just walk by, see if we find him." She said, before hitching Leon.

He nods and walks through the crowd, cautious, like a tiger spotting it's prey. Jessica was calm, however.

Bright blonde hair was spotted behind the trapper and Jesse reacted quick, the boy was quicker though, but Jesse's eyes focused on him. He chased the boy to the back of the market. Jessica followed behind. They reach an abandoned area of another alley, locked to the other parts.

Jesse comes face to face with the boy looking scared, terrified even.

The boy immediately raised his hands in surrender, "I-I-I'm sorry, sir. I just- I was so hungry and I-"

"Just hand it over kid!" Jesse growled.

The boy flinched and handed him the satchel, Jesse uncharacteristically grabbed it harshly, making the boy stumble forward. Jessica hand to step over to make sure the boy didn't fall forward, giving Jesse a glaring look, making the man shrug in confusion.

"Go home kid, before your ma comes looking for you." Jesse said, walking away, Jessica following behind again.

Before they reach the end of the alley, Jessica looked back and sees the boy laying a few newspapers on the ground and laying down. She pulls on Jesse's sleeve, getting his attention from fixing his satchel.

"What?" Jesse asked.

"Look at him... We really gonna leave him out here?" she asked him.

He leaned it to her, "That boy just took my money, my things-"

"And you got it back, didn't you? Look at him."

Jesse sighed and looks to her and looks back to him, his eyes softened, but he does not know what to do in this situation... "What are we supposed to do?" sounding a little heartless than what he intended.

"Jesse, what's gotten into you?" Jessica asked, accusingly.

"What?"

"You know for a fact that this boy needs help. Of all people, YOU should know that." Jessica scolded.

Jesse sighed... she was right. Of all people, he should know that. "You think we have space in the house?" he asked.

Jessica's eyes glistened, "Yes, of course we do."

"Right, help's useless if we send him to a hotel or the police..." he said... he sighs as Jessica pushed him to talk to the boy.

Jesse walked toward the boy, and he starts to shake...

"He, woah... sorry, I was a bit... harsh back there..." Jesse said, trying to calm the boy, "I won't hurt you, I promise... because if I did, my wife would kill me..." he said quickly, earning a small smile from the boy who starts to relax... Jesse smiles as well as he squats down to the boy's level... "What's your name?" he asked.

The boy looked to him, thinking if he should trust the man with his name... but he said it anyway, "Aiden..."

"Aiden?" waiting for a last name.

"I... can't remember what comes after..." he said... Jesse frowned at that...

"Do you remember how old you are?" Jesse asked.

The boy smiled excitedly, "Yes... I am seven!"

Jesse frowned again, but forced a smile for the boy... "Where are your parents?"

The boy shrugged, "I don't know..."

The man's brows furrowed, "How long ago did you last see them?"

Aiden shrugged again, he turns to take one of the newspapers from under him and hands it to Jesse, "This was the last thing they gave me..."

Jesse takes the paper... It's dated 1896... Jesse sighed and looked back to the boy, "Are you hungry? We have a place where you can stay..."

Aiden swallowed, "If it's alright... Mister..."

"Jesse... call me Jesse."

The boy nodded. Jesse stood up and offered his hand to the boy who gladly took it. He walked back to Jessica who gave the boy a big smile as she put a hand on his shoulder as they walked back.

"Oh, Aiden, this is my wife... Jessica." He said, smiling at her, then the boy.

The boy's blue eyes met Jessica's golden ones. She smiled to him, and the boy smiled back.

"Jesse and Jessi!" he said.

The couple chuckled, "Yes, that's right." Jessica said.

They continue to walk towards Leon, they continue to hold the boy's hand. He then speaks again as Jesse carries him up on Leon.

"If I get a wife, does she need to have the same name as me?" he asked and the couple chuckles again...

"No... You just have to find someone who can love you for who you are." Jesse said... looking at Jessica as he lifted her behind Aiden.

"Where can I find that?" the boy asked again.

Jessica holds his arm, "It ain't the time for you to worry about that, sweetheart." She said.

"Right." Jesse said as he mounted, "Ya'll ready?" he asked and they both nod.

They ride back home, and everyone was seen to be getting ready for dinner through the window. Jesse dismounted and helped Jessica down, next is Aiden. Aiden heard the people in the house, sounded laughter which is something he's not used to hear. The couple led him inside and he kept behind Jessica's skirt as they entered.

"Good evening, everyone." Jessica greeted and followed by Jesse.

"Oh, you're just in time for dinner. Take a seat you two!" Evelyn said.

Jessica smiled before reaching behind her, "Actually, we'd like you to meet someone..." she turns to the boy, "Come on out, sweetheart." She said.

The boy hesitated, but eventually stepped next to her.

Meredith walked over to him, smiling, "Why hello there, little one." She said.

"H-hello." He said, making the others smile.

"Oh, he's adorable." Meredith said.

The men... they're fine with he boy but hunger was already consuming them. Jesse took a step forward, and called to Eli and Isa.

"Do you boys think you can lend him some clothes?" Jesse asked.

Eli nodded quickly, "Okay, I'll get mine!" as he got off his chair.

"No, I'll get mine!" Isa followed behind them.

They laugh before telling the others to get on with their dinner and they'll follow after. They reach upstairs to the bathroom where they led the boy who hesitantly entered.

"Go on, kid, it ain't gonna bite ya'" Jesse said...

Aiden looked up to him, confused as to what he was looking at, "I-I"

Jessica leaned down, "I'll help you, honey, okay? Go on, get in..."

Jesse waited next door as he heard a few splashes and laughter in the next room. He sighed, slightly disappointed at himself for actually almost letting the boy continue the life he had in that alleyway. He was boy, so young and maybe naïve as well for letting two people take him, but living in that situation for years, anyone would take the offer.

The man was deep in thought when it was disrupted by Eli and Isa.

"Jesse, here's mine!" Isa said, "Hah! I beat you to it!"

"That's not fair." Eli said, angrily.

Jesse laughs to himself before walking to the door, "Boys, two is better than one... Thank you both."

They smiled happily before running downstairs to the others.

Moments later, Jessica and Aiden enter the room with the boy wrapped around a towel.

"Well, honey, can you get dressed on your own?" she asked the boy.

"Yes ma'am!" The boy said.

"Okay, good boy. Mr. Jesse's gonna leave you for a moment okay? We're gonna be right outside." She said in the most sweetest voice she has.

"Okay!" the boy said again, Jessica gestured to Jesse to join her outside.

They close the door, and Jesse sighed... "Well, you two had fun huh?" He said with a smile.

She smiled back, "He's a sweet little boy... adorable too..."

The man kept the smile on his face, he took a breath, "Thank you... and I'm sorry..."

Jessica furrowed her brows, "For what?"

"I'm sorry, that I was really about to leave that boy where he's been staying for the past three years... and thank you, for reminding me that... if he were me, I'd want someone to help me too..." he said...

His wife sighed and smiled at him, "Forgiven... But, I apologize too for not considering your feeling towards... thieves... and money... I forgot to understand that, this is almost new to you... and you can't let it go just yet..." she said and he nods with every word she says, "But, I just want to remind you that, money, guns, satchels, all that stuff... they come and go... and it's not worth a life."

Jesse nods again, "I know..."

"I know you do... because you are a good man..." she continues to kiss him on the cheek.

"Well, I thank God for you." He says, making the both of them chuckle... "And I think He listens to our conversations and has given us a child to practice parenting on."

Jessica hummed, "Oh yeah, you're right."

Moments later, Aiden calls to them and they entered the room, seeing the boy in clean clothes... the couple smiled, before Jesse speaks.

"Let's have some dinner, kid."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 6.3K 47
Arthur Morgan, a crucial gunslinger of the Van der Linde Gang, joins in on the usual coach robbery, when suddenly, unexpected guests drop by. All b...
42.7K 811 38
" 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝖛𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊, 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝖘𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝐢𝐧. " ༄ ...
61.1K 2.1K 42
Isabella Monroe is a college student who is struggling to make ends meet. She works constantly and college is giving her a real kick in the pants.. ...
1K 45 10
Jack Marston was left alone with his anger and family's ranch. After killing Edgar Ross, he finished his fathers unfinished business and did his best...