πŸ’žπ˜Ό π˜Ώπ™€π™Žπ™€π™π™‘π™„π™‰π™‚ π™‡π™ŠοΏ½...

By Lattysweets

Knowing what you want and allowing what you don't want is surely an hard thing and Demar had been biding his... More

Introduction
Chpt 1
Chpt 2
Chpt 3
Chpt 4
Chpt 5
Chpt 6
Chpt 7
Chpt 8
Chpt 9
Chpt 10
chpt 11
Chpt 12
Chpt 13
Chpt 14
Chpt 15
Chpt 16
Chpt 17
Chpt 18
Chpt 19
Chpt 20
Chpt 21
Chpt 22
Chpt 23
Chpt 24
Chpt 25
Chpt 26
Chpt 27
Chpt 28
Chpt 29
Chpt 30
Chpt 31
Chpt 32
Chpt 34
Chpt 35
Chpt 36
Chpt 37
Chpt 38
Chpt 39
Chpt 40
Chpt 41
Chpr 42
Chpt 43
Chpt 44
Chpt 45
Chpt 46
Chpt 47
Chpt 48
Chpt 49
Chpt 50
Chpt 51
Chpt 52
Chpt 53

Chpt 33

378 66 55
By Lattysweets

Chapter 33

Demar's pov

My mother's name was listed owing on two receipts in the stock book, so I call Ms. Jennifer and ask her about it. "Mi tell yuh mada sey anything tek outta di store mi affi put it down suh das when yuh check stock wi nuh come up short, she start a sey me tek stock to. Suh mi nuh badda explain nutn to har mi just put di receipt dem in dey fi yuh si dem," she explains.

"A'right," I tell her and she went back to what she was doing.

I call my mom and explain to her that if she needed anything from the store she should ask Dean for it and not just take it, she begins to complain so I tell her that she got paid every week, and that whatever she bought from the stores she got at half price. Therefore there was no need to take anything without paying if she thought it hard to ask Dean for it, principle is principle it's not like she didn't get paid every week. She turn and went out of the office looking vex. Why was she even watching Ms. Jennifer? The woman hardly ever takes anything and when she does she put it by her name to be deducted from her pay.

I shook my head hearing Dean's laughter when I had told her about it. 'She and Cam had mess up the profits at the store in St. Thomas at first, I had told her she couldn't run a business, so she must be trying her best not to mess up this time,' Dean had said.

Ms. Jennifer has been doing a good job of running the grocery store so far, Mr. Cleve helps her and keeps her company daily. Dean gives him a stipend every week, which he spends on the children when he took them to the park on some afternoons or buys drinks at the bar a short distance away, on the occasions when my dad or the farmer man accompanied him. He was an humble man and get along with everyone, if he was younger I'd allow him to negotiate with some of our suppliers.

We are blessed in spite of what we've been through, there had been times when I almost gave up to the pressures of my past, now I can only be thankful that I had taken a leap of faith and is basking in the reward. With unexpected benefits as well, Dean whom I never think I would be capable of ever having and Antoine's millions making us live in comfort and security.

It's hard to see the evil side of life and still view living the same, me and Dean had went through that, suffering through our different pains and we have come out more experience, overly mature and willing to not let our past define our future. I took out my phone and order a a bouquet of daffodils from the flowers store, then finish stock checking and went to pay and pick it up. I bought two bottles champagnes that was produce here in Africa and a thank you card from the flower shop.

Thank you for being so awesome.

From your man.

That's all I wrote in it then collected the children from schools and took them straight home. I hand Dean the flowers and she says 'thanks,' while looking at me questioningly.

"A wha happen yuh man caan buy yuh flowers?" I ask her then watch as a bright smile spread across her face when she reads the card that had been tucked between the flowers.

"Thank you," she murmurs shyly.

I send the children upstairs before kissing her passionately, a whistle sounded and we turn to see my dad grinning at us. Dean covers her face and walk away from sight, whilst I chuckle and went out to him. He hands me a dish with tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, fresh thyme and parsley and two lovely head of lettuces.

"Dem yah pretty an' fresh eeh," I remark admiring them.

He smiles proudly and said. "Saturday soup a cook wid pumpkin from over there."

"Yes sir," I say happily.

"Me a guh gi dem cow dey dem wata, yuh a guh wey back?" He tells me then ask.

"Mi nuh sure yet," I reply.

"A'right, di man dem did a sey dem waan some wata," he says.

"Di truck full?" I ask him.

"Uh - uh," he answers.

"A'right duh wey yah duh an' come," I tell him and he nodded and walk back to the back gate.

I put the two bottles of champagne inside the fridge to chill, Dean's pleasant voice came from upstairs as I went in search of her. I smile as I mount the stairs silently and hear her asking Racquaney to spell apple, then telling her to practice all her words. She was so good with them, I can hardly wait to meet the children we'll have together. Two more at most, a boy and a girl like we had agreed on that day when I had finally gotten a hug from her and then everything had went downhill.

Antoine had sent me with Grung to collect his scamming money and I had held a gun on a man for the very first time, a man I did not know but threatened mercilessly because the money was short. Grung had given him some hard fists, I thought the man would die. The following week the man had the correct money when we went to collect from him again and every-

"Which bitch yah think bout?" Dean ask jerking me from my thoughts.

I looked at her sideways and allowed my eyes to travel downwards, stopping right where her pvssy buffed up in her tights. "Tsk," she hissed and turn away when she saw me looking there.

I snorted a chuckle gazing at the back view of her sexy physique, then followed her into our room. "Babes, buss mi pon a quickie?" I ask hugging her from behind and kissing the side of her neck.

"Thank goodness yuh carry home the children so early," she says and move out of my embrace.

I utter a little laugh looking at her thinking how she didn't even have to try to be attractive, she was gorgeous and sexy. I grip my hardened hood in my pants and bit my bottom lip, she glance at me as she took up the laundry basket and walk to the door. I scarcely have any dirty clothes, what I'm wearing now I will see on the line tomorrow or in our closet, this woman is more than an housewife. My heart smile, I've gotten more than I expected and I don't ever want to lose it.

I went with my dad to get a truck of water, then check on the building work, Dean had a lovely sandwich waiting for me and I took it with me and went back to work.

"Demar," Donahue calls me as I step inside the building.

With my note pad and tablet in hand, I went over to him to see if he was having trouble with what he was doing. "Wey yah sey?" I ask him.

"Mi actually did waan apologize to yuh from ada day," he said and pause. "When mi look into mi self mi realize sey yah tell mi di right thing and mi just waan sey mi sorry."

I saw Desmond coming towards us and firmly I say to him. "I forgive you from that time, don't mek it happen again."

No I wasn't going to just fren up back with him, he is an adult and needs to stand on his own two feet. We have been through enough rough patches for him to be thinking more sensible, at this point in time he should be level headed and responsible. I pulled on my overall and set about working, three hours later I check over everything on our floor before locking up. Donahue was sitting outside with Desmond discussing the power monitor they were working on, I haile them and put my things in my truck.

After telling Desmond that I'll see him the next day I get in my truck, Donahue came to the passenger door and with a sigh I direct him to the back door. He better not be thinking of free driving with me to and from work again, I can be a fuckry too, I say in my head. I turn on my music and turn it up as I drive out of our workplace, only turning down the volume when I reach the store. He went and collect a bag that was at our mother's feet and place in on the truck back before going up on it, I was glad he did because Ms. Jennifer's face look like a category ninety approaching hurricane seeing him.

That evening Natalie calls as I sat down to eat my dinner, I get up and walk to the back to answer her with Dean side eyeing me. "Cuz, what's up?" I ask worriedly.

"Nutn, mi just a gi yuh a one haile, yuh good?" She respond and ask calmly.

"Yeah mon suh far mi a give thanks," I tell her.

"A wey Dean dey? Yuh caan tell har fi send a thing fi mi mi bruk," she ask saying.

I chuckle wondering where the conversation was going then she says. "Such man a chaw iron, Grung sey uno gone wid millions a nuh nutn normal fi deal wid him iyah."

"Uno still dey same place?" I ask.

"Yeah, mi uncomfortable like hell caz everybody 'oman and pickney dem dey yah, wi nuh hungry but di living situation congested," she answers and explains.

"Nuh you love off bad man an' nah lef him," I say and she laughs.

"Him an' him boss out fi war, at least every man an' him out fi war baba. Somn out fi guh dung mi nuh know a wha an' yuh know Grung nah tell mi," she tells me.

"Memba wey mi tell yuh, if yuh si shit out fi hit di fan tek wey yuhself wid di pickney dem an' lef Grung, him will find him way out," I remind her.

"Yes sir, mi memba," she states..

"Mi nuh think mi can mek yuh get nuh money until next month, me e call yuh an' mek yuh know," I tell her.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 357 14
I felt his hand as it gently pushed the strands of hair that were blocking his view of my face, behind my shoulder. The action caused his fingers to...
4.2M 91.6K 53
"Why do you provoke me Rose," he said "Do I need to bury myself deep in your cunt to remind you who you belong to" His voice laced with lust his ha...
44.7K 5.3K 35
After giving birth to twin boys for the don Antoine aka Straight-dut, Dean's life became somewhat normal. However that normalcy and peace is threaten...
70.6K 7.2K 54
"Cho, a just through man nuh wan' kill yuh ino crasis gal," At the ripe age of twenty-one Adajay wanted to just be done with men altogether, with an...