Darpan : A Lost Diary |✓|

By Satrajiti012

" You are talking about impossible those things ended Thousands of years ago " a frustrated elderly voice tri... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Cast of Hridaya Shruti
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Epilogue

Chapter 38

226 16 15
By Satrajiti012

Not a single person in Dwaraka left without shedding tears. Each and every citizen and members of vast Royal family of Krishna payed their homage to Vatsala by visiting her funeral.

The sandal wood pyre was set up in the banks of Prabhasa. Krishna still held Vatsala's corpse in his arms whereas Arjuna sat next to him with tears.

Ulmuka caressed the hairs of Satyapriya.

" I have heard somewhere Satya. A persons's wealth is the people he has acquired. Look child, look at the property your mother has acquired " He said pointing the people who were leaving the arena after paying the homage. They appeared like a flood.

" She don't know how to hate and this was the result of it. She has left that golden heart in your dear please don't cry now " He said trying hard to console himself more than Satyapriya.

He received sobs of Satyapriya that's all. Lahari patted her head as she made her to lean over her shoulder. Dristadeva returned after putting Abhigna to sleep.

" Krishna give her to me " Balarama said. Krishna looked at him sternly and hid her away from him. Balarama looked at Rukmini who was sitting with Revati.

She gestured Satyabhama to talk with him.

" Yadunandan please " Satyabhama pressed his shoulder.

" No " Krishna replied curtly.

" Madhava " Arjuna pulled his arm towards him hence freeing his grip over the corpse. Satyaki took it in his arms.

" No no please " Krishna cried trying to grab her back. Satyabhama hugged him softly.

Satyaki handed Vatsala to Balarama who placed her on the pyre.

" What are they doing?" Satyapriya asked Dristadeva suddenly.

" Nothing you don't worry about it " Dristadeva didn't allowed her to look in that direction.

" No they are going to burn my mother" Satyapriya tried her best to free herself from his grip and reach Vatsala's pyre.

The final rites began and Balarama performed it. Nishatha who was quiet till that moment stood up at once as Balarama was all set for performing agnisparsha to the pyre.

Nishatha paced towards his father as an angry ocean and pushed him back with much force. Satyapriya was startled by the act. That moment the ever obedient Nishatha didn't cared to address his father with respect.

" How dare you! How could you dare to burn my Vatsu " He roared. Balarama sighed helplessly as Sarana stood next to him as support.

" Why are you people doing drama together? Don't seperate my Vatsu from me I don't care who ever you are  " He yelled.

" Bhrata let her pyre be set ablaze " Ulmuka hurried towards him.

" Ulmuka you too " Nishatha narrowed his eyes.

" Enough brother let us not make her to wait anymore. Don't know how much she suffered in silence without telling anything to us, let us free her from everything. Let him set the fire bhrata please " Ulmuka almost had tears and so Nishatha.

" What no!" Satyapriya was interrupted by Dristadeva.

" Satya all these years you enjoyed her love all by yourself may be your elder sister is also waiting for her let her go " He cupped her face. Satyapriya tried to say something she still did not wanted to accept the truth that his mother is no more.

Nishatha neared the corpse with heavy heart. He caressed that beautiful face of his sister with his both palms and pecked her forehead for one last time.

" Even your brother died today Vatsu. Go wait for me I shall reach you as soon as possible " He smiled hugging her face.

" How much they love her " Satyapriya thought looking at Nishatha.

Ulmuka and Achintya pulled him back from the pyre and Balaram along with Parikshit gave fire to it.

" Maaa " Satyapriya screamed and Dristadeva closed her eyes quickly.

" Vatsuuuu " Krishna sobbed as the Vatsala melted away in the blazing fire.

Anagha closed her eyes as tears flooded out from her orbs. She kept script away and bit her lower lip looking at Bhramarabika's idol.

It was already evening and the sun was on his way towards the west. Yaduveer who was having his share of fruits looked at her with surprise.

" I told you to have your share of fruits, you didn't reacted then but crying now as you are hungry. How mean " He stood up from his place and brought her few fruits.

She didn't reacted now also. She just took deep breaths in order to conceal the cry.

" Anu Madame.... Are you ok?" He asked softly as he guessed something is seriously wrong.

" Death! Such a horrible thing " She exclaimed.

" But what happened?" He asked.

" Satyapriya has expressed each and every scenario of her mother's death. We can clearly see the depth of her pain her this event is un erasable thing in her memory it seems. But still Rani Vatsala didn't deserved such a horrible death " Anagha heaved out a painful sigh.

" And that Nishatha and Ulmuka I have never seen somebody who could love their sister soo dearly" Anagha said.

" Not only her everyone feels the same Anu Madam. I know how it feels when we lose someone " He smiled.

Anagha gave him a questioning look.

" I lost my mother Parvati Devi when I was seventeen " He said with a sad smile.

" I am sorry I didn't wanted to make you sad Yadu I am sorry" Anagha said.

" No no it's all right. I was her darling son. My father loved my hardworking elder brother the most. He topped in academics I was interested in arts. He opposed me and started ignoring me after my mother's demise. So what's the use of living together with him then? I took my share of property and chased my dreams at the age of 21 and so I am here " Yaduveer grinned.

" A rare piece of humankind, who could narrate his own sad story in a chirpy way " Anagha thought.

" We don't have light system here to read further. If you drain all firewood and fuel in battery here itself then we must live here itself with Chalapati's family as we cannot reach out or contact anyone. So madam will you care to eat your share and lie down for rest ?" Yaduveer asked genuinely which was almost dramatic.

Anagha nodded and ate her share of food.

" Anu madam? Your Satyapriya don't have any love story or what? This Dwapara times had best love stories na didn't she get inspired by it? Infact her own mother's wedding was love marriage na?" Yaduveer asked.

" Hers also " She replied spreading her mat on the floor.

" Vah! People should also get inspired by it madam it would be great " Yaduveer said indirectly referring Anagha which didn't went unnoticed by her.

" You are the incarnation of Gramaphone I guess, keep on repeating the same thing always. Thankfully only one diffrence is there you try it in diffrent ways everytime " She said.

" But what to do the girl with whom I am in love is highly educated but unable to understand a simple thing which I am trying to express " Yaduveer muttered and earned a glare from Anagha.

Anagha was about to sleep but turned towards Yaduveer. Thought about her mother Shrimati was running in her mind.

" Yadu " She started. Yaduveer gave a soft smile indicating his readiness to hear her.

" Still I can't come out of my Teacher's death but now I don't want to see my mother's death. I can't bear it. I don't want it to happen ever in my life " Anagha said holding his palm.

" Anu madam I don't wanna give you lengthy pravachan stating it's normal phenomenon , atma has no death this and that etc etc. Do not think about the day that may come in future just enjoy present with your mother and family. Let them live in this moment make memories and that's how I am surviving without my family. Thinking about tomorrow never let's you to feel today it's a fact isn't it " Yaduveer again presented one of his best smile.

Anagha too smiled for his words effortlessly for the first time.

" That's where Satyapriya missed I guess she could have lived with her mother happily insted she tried to keep her alive and defeat the death which was going to come much later. Poor girl she don't wanted to loose her mother but still lost good moments with her it seems. Any way let me see what happened next " She thought. Also noted Yaduveer's words in her notebook.

" Think about your mother Anu madam. I have heard that we get dreams based on what we think the most while sleeping I wish that you could see your mother in dreams " Yaduveer said lying on his mat. Anagha nodded with a smile.

" In case if you see me in your dreams will you accept my love proposal?" He gave sheepish smile.

" Good night " Anagha turned away and slept and Yaduveer frowned.

How was chapter guys , hope it was good.

Do share your views with me and let me know your opinion

Do vote if you like...

So what happens next ? Any guesses?

Thank you

Read and enjoy.

Yours
Vatsu❤️❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 619 23
A Prince. A Princess. The Prince falls for the Princess after some mishaps, overcome problems together, and they live happily ever after. Isn't that...
51K 2.2K 44
What if Abhimanyu learns of a secret buried deep in time - one not even his family knows about? The secret of SURYAPUTRA KARNA What would happen whe...
266K 17.8K 154
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
30.8K 2K 36
ᴾʳᵉᵛⁱᵒᵘˢˡʸ ᵏⁿᵒʷⁿ ᵃˢ 'ᵀʷⁱˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵀⁱᵐᵉ: ᴬ ᵀᵃˡᵉ ᵒᶠ ᴾᵃˢᵗ' ❝𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬...❞ When...