Chapter 68

Millie returned with a parcel instead of Anagha's number. Cynthia gave a quizzical look at her.

" Parcel from India by Ms. Anagha" Millie said.

Cynthia started at the small packet she held and gulped.

" Where is the doner? Mr. Partha sarathi? I want to thank him" She asked the nurse all of a sudden.

" He left a little while ago Madam. Since you were busy with some other stuff he said he would meet you later and left " The nurse informed and went away with her syringe tray.

Cynthia thought for a while and opened the parcel. She pulled out the book from it with a small piece of note clinging to it.

" Trees are useless without roots.
Your well wisher
Anagha "

The note said this much. Cynthia looked at the book.

" Abhidhamani" She whispered the name of the book

Her thoughts were not stable. She closed her eyes thinking about Partha sarathi. His figure and smiling face flashed infront of her eyes. Those eyes remembered her those of her father's.

" Madam, Giridhar sir gained back his consciousness" Millie's words brought her back to present.

Cynthia nodded and went to meet her grandfather. She sat on the chair next to his bed and held his palms.

" Sorry ma, that interview's statements were shocking...so I couldn't..." Giridhar's words were cutted down by Cynthia.

" Don't keep blabbering. If you wanna go back to India then get well soon " Cynthia smiled but her eyes were forced by tears.

Girdhar cupped her face affectionately. "Are you scared?" He giggled.

Cynthia pecked his palms and wiped her tears off.

" Don't be scared dear. I won't leave you soo early " He chuckled.

It took another month for Giridhar to recover. Along with that Cynthia too finished reading the book Abhidhamani. For the first time ever she felt proud of her family.

 For the first time ever she felt proud of her family