Chapter 55

The ever joyful household of Satyapriya was immersed in grief. It has been three days since the family ate anything. From Dristadeva to the little Shantanetra everyone were waiting for Bharghi to talk with them.

Just half and hour before Bharghi opened his eyes only to confirm that he has lost his ability to recognise and feel the surroundings. His handsome face looks withered now, his silky hairs are shaved to treat his injuries. He is nothing but a breathing corpse. He just states at everyone but neither talks nor shows any expressions.

Parikshit and Lahari were comforting devastated Satyapriya where as Aniruddha stood with Dristadeva. Krishna, Rukmini and Satyabhama stood quiet that's all.

" Bhratashri, ask him to talk with me. I shall never ever stop him from practicing sword. Please tell him to talk with me " Satyapriya repeated the same line for a hundredth time.

Satyabhama sighed.

" Everytime he used to build up stories to quarrel with me look at him now Rukmini, he don't even recognise my face. Why are we living a healthy life at this age? I wish we could have our life to him " She said looking at Rukmini.

" Bhama if everything happens by our wish then it can't be called as a life. Let's hope for his well being that's all we can do" Rukmini pressed her shoulder. Krishna gestured Anirudha to talk with Yashobhadra.

" Yashu tell us atleast. Who were those boys. Let me teach them a nice lesson " Aniruddha asked sternly.

" Leave it Bhrata. Will Bharghi talk to us like before if we punish those boys? " Dristadeva and Satyapriya said in unison. They just didn't wanted their daughter to feel more sad remembering the incident.

Shantanetra hugged sobbing Yashobhadra.

" Akka won't he talk like before?" He asked.

" Your Akka is reason for this Netra. I am the reason for his state " Yashobhadra said with hiccups hugging Shantanetra.

The little boy too started crying looking at his eldest sister.

Yashobhadra knew none are available to console the little boy. Their parents were devastated, Abhigna was still trying his best to cope up the situation. If not Janamejaya present there Abhigna would have actually lost his mental stability. She picked up her little brother and went out of the house comforting him.

Yashobhadra was almost like a second mother for Shantanetra. She loved this boy as her own son. Janamejaya and Abhigna was watching them but still didn't wished to disturb her.

" Don't cry ok. Make a strong wish Netra the almighty will not keep silent then " Yashobhadra cuddled him and pecked his forehead.

Janamejaya smiled.

" Abhi, Netra would surely bring Yashu to normal condition" He said patting Abhigna's shoulder.

They didn't realised when they reached the premises of sea shore.

" I miss bhrata Bharghi. He was soo sweet " Shantanetra cried more.

" No no don't cry Netra. Bharghi will be fine " Yashobhadra tried her best to calm down the boy.

" Hey Mahadev. Take my life if you want but spare my brother" Yashobhadra prayed.

At what worst moment those words left her mouth
Not known, She turned to leave the place but yet her bad luck didn't left her. She as usually tripped down along with Shantanetra in her arms and within the fraction of second a monster wave swallowed them in a go.

" No " Janamejaya yelled and ran towards the sea in the lightning speed followed by Abhigna.

They both jumped to the sea without hesitating for a moment.

Each and everyone from the family rushed out in a go Listening to yell of Janamejaya and Abhigna.

Satyapriya stood as if a thunderbolt stucked her body looking at Janamejaya and Abhigna pulled out the frozen bodies of Yashobhadra and Shantanetra. Undoubtedly the treacherous waters took the life of Yashobhadra and Shantanetra.

Dristadeva collapsed on Aniruddha. Krishna was just trying to digest the small display of his family's end.

" Yashu" Abhigna patted the cheeks of his sister hoping that she would open her eyes and respond to him.

" Netra Yashu " He cried. Satyapriya kneeled down infront of her youngest son's lifeless body hugged it.

" Putra Netra. Wake up son. Don't leave your mother wake up " Satyapriya cried.

" Yashu " She hugged her eldest daughter's corpse with other hand.

" Relax Deva. Take heart " Aniruddha tried to console Dristadeva.

" How? Look there bhrata my the light of my house is extinguished forever. My daughter is gone .... My little boy is gone" Dristadeva cried his heart out.

They had very less time, if they delay further in performing last rites those bodies may get awkwardly swollen making the the apperance scary.

Unwillingly Aniruddha and Pradyumana arranged for the funeral. Janamejaya left the place unable to see anything further.

" Dadaji ask them to stop that. My children are not dead " Satyapriya pleaded Krishna.

Krishna with wet eyes hugged her tightly without any word.

Aniruddha helped Dristadeva to give fire to the pyres of Yashobhadra and Shantanetra.

How was chapter guys , hope it was good.

Do share your views with me and let me know your opinion

Do vote if you like...

So what happens next ? Any guesses?

Thank you

Read and enjoy.

Yours
Vatsu❤️❤❤