Chapter 40

Uttara patted Parikshit's shoulder which brought him back to present.

" We have to leave for Hastinapura today itself so that we can receive others from Dwaraka there go take permission of elders " She said.

" Yes Pari Atte is right just try to forget things and get up " Dristadeva said.

" Did we just performed things in a hurry ? What if Vatsala maa was sleeping? Did we blindly did something?" He asked.

" Maa you said how I was brought back to life by Pitamaha Krishna when you requested him. Can you ask him again? Just once he may bring her back. I just can digest the fact that we are leaving for Hastinapura without Vatsala maa " He said cupping Uttara's face.

" If that was possible mamashree Krishna would have done it at the moment she died, go now talk with Bhrata Nishatha and take his blessings and others blessings before we leave. I shall take Iravati and Janamejaya to Dadaji Ugrasena " Uttara said.

On the way he met his sister who also came to meet Nishatha.

Satyapriya stepped inside the chamber where Nishatha was sitting. He was not in his Royal clothes but was still draped in white. Achintya and Chirayu were waiting on their toes to hear a single order from their father on anything but he didn't opened his mouth even to have food. Lahari was also standing near the door looking at her father sadly.

" Kaki " Sudanti, the son of Lahari pulled the hand of Satyapriya.

" Can you ask Dada to take me for a ride only he used do so but now he isn't talking with me. Is he mad at me?" He asked.

" No no nothing like that he is just upset. I will try to fix it " She said walking inside. Parikshit ruffled his hairs.

" Mava " She called out for Nishatha smoothly. She received a faint humming from him as reply.

" I don't know what to do or what to talk. Maa Bhuvaneshwari give some courage now " Satyapriya thought.

" Mava can this fasting of yours brings you Rajanandini Vatsala back?" She started.

" It spoils your health and that's all. Will you also leave us?" Satyapriya pressed his shoulder.

" Even your mother used to do the same. She never left me to stay hungry. She would pop up anywhere whenever I used to skip my meals. Hoping that atleast know she would come to feed me " Nishatha replied.

" Not even Achintya, my eldest son's birth gave me that much happiness as Vatsala's birth gave me. That little joy of mine which was playing in my arms all these years left me alone know. She was like my own Daughter more than being my sister. How can a parent forget their kids death? Even pitashree and mata also devastated by her demise. Eldest couples of the family na they have the responsibility to support everyone too and hence they have a chance to mask their grief but I don't have anything like that. Let me live with my beloved's memories " He said again turning towards the wall where he preserved all the things which were used by Vatsala like the cradle, toys, bangles, anklets everything.

" Why Mava? If you all behave like this where should I go? My mother is no more and you have decided to stay in dark , Dada dadi just lost in their daughter's memories. You keep fasting don't eat anything " Satyapriya shooked him vigorously.

" Lock the windows too don't let the light and wind come inside so that you can go to your sister easily " Satyapriya turned to lock the windows.

" Dead people will return if you all do so right keep fasting don't talk to anyone " Satyapriya stammered.

" Satya " Parikshit held her hand sensing her going too much emotional.

As Nishatha felt the tensed voice of Parikshit he turned to see Satyapriya unconscious in Parikshit's arms.