Amber & Honey ~ [DR3]

By rudimentals

Daniel knew he'd messed up the moment he saw her again in his teammates room. Amber knew it was a mistake fr... More

Summary & Playlist
1. Monza
2. Insane
IG - Good Luck Charm
3. Reintroduction
4. Friendly
5. Driver Rooms
IG - Good Evening
6. Movie Night
7. Breakfast
8. Australia
IG- Orange
9. Welcome Home
10. Farm
11. Think About Us?
IG - Together?
12. Imola
13. We shouldn't...
14. Preoccupied
IG- Think About Me
IG- Miami
15. Catch Up
16. Take a Hint
IG-Ferrari
17. Secret
18. The Wedding Guest
19. Traitor
20. Monaco
21. More Than That
IG-Favourite Place
22. Ride
IG- Update
23. Jump
24. Promise Me
25. Baku
26. Lando
IG- Montreal
27. Dare
28. Forget
29. Convenience
IG- 33
30. Silverstone
31. My Girl
IG- Sick
32. Date
33. Austria
IG- Birthday
34. 26
35. France
IG- Hot
36. Girlfriend
37. Liar
38. Sunday
39. Ignored
40. Hungary
IG- Santorini
41. Holiday Mode
IG - A While
42. Spiralling
IG - Summertime
43. Jet lag / LA
IG - Spa
45. The Gala
46. Raise a Toast
IG- Holland
47. The Water Bottle
48. Understanding
IG- Como
50. Fast
IG- Monza
51. All Good
52. Three
53. Champagne
IG - 2022/2023
IG -2024
DR1. Monza
DR2. Australia
DR3. You + Me = 3
BONUS CHAPTER: What Happens in Vegas

49. Bad Idea

10.7K 298 184
By rudimentals

Apologies from the wait, I was recovering from the worst cold & then had a crisis about the story ending. Either way, I'm back!

Mature content in 2nd half of the chapter, so beware or enjoy 🤷🏼‍♀️x

Call It What You Want - Taylor Swift
Touch Me - Victoria Monet (maybe Dive is more appropriate idk [iykyk])

"Can I ask you something?" I hum against Daniel's shoulder. The private plane shared with Pierre took off from Amsterdam around half an hour ago. We have just over an hour until we arrive at our destination - Bergamo, Milan. Pierre was heading to his apartment along with his trainer Pyry in the heart of the city. We weren't exactly staying in the busy city with him, but our destination is on the way, so it only made sense that we travelled together. Pierre is slouched snoring quietly along with his trainer two rows infront of us.

Daniel and I have decided not to talk about the race in Zandvoort today, it's an unspoken agreement. It wasn't worth talking about with him being stuck down in P17. Daniel was frustrated by it, he'd spent about 40 minutes after the race venting his frustrations to Michael before leaving the track, hand linked with mine. He tried, it's happened, now we move on from it. All things considering, his mood wasn't too low about it. He's just tired, and rightly so. Race days are so long.

Lando achieved a better result, sticking with his latest favourite track position of seventh. It was good to be able to hug and congratulate him after the race once again. He'd even purposefully grabbed me whilst still in his sweaty race suit and pulled me to his side as I fought my way out of his grip faking (although not entirely) a gag through a grin. It's safe to say that things have very quickly and easily slipped into how they used to be after our conversation on Thursday evening. It's good. It's normal.

We spent the whole night after the conversation watching Netflix, or rather Netflix playing in the background as we talked and caught eachother up on life. Me with my new job starting in the new year, him with his new hobbies and summer trips. On Friday, after hearing how much fun Adam and Jon had at Daniel's game night, he forced him to host another. This time with the two of us joining in on the fun as the most competitive game of Uno on earth ensued.

Note to self - never play Uno with professional athletes ever again. It ended up in a fight between Lando and Carlos who were both adamant the other had cheated and they were the rightful winner.

It still hasn't been settled as to who actually won. Last I heard Daniel was offering them both £50 to call it a draw.

However, the more dangerous time was last night. Carla, here for the weekend with George, decided that she wanted to go out and enjoy the fun life of Zandvoort, with the limited options here we ended up staying around the track. Carla somehow sourced a bottle of tequila and snuck it into the Mercedes garage (much to George's disapproval), we took turns doing at least four or five shots of the tequila in George's driver room before going (or stumbling) over to the beach club not too far from the track.

Choices were made, more shots were drank and songs danced to. I only regretted it a little (a lot) when I woke up to Daniel's alarm this morning, a wave of nausea running through me my head splitting with pain. "Stay here until the race." Daniel attempted to comfort me as he pressed the Advil I'd been whining for between my lips, tipping water into my mouth before kissing my forehead. I'd simply nodded when he headed towards the door of the room, red boxers hugging his hips and ass, my blurry eyes barely able to focus on the dimple of his left cheek. I still saw it though, it made me grin when he winked at me, knowing that even through my self-inflected pain I'd be watching him. I almost giggled to myself, still drunk from the night before at the sight of him barely clothed and playful.

"Carla is on the couch." I croaked and Daniel nodded to himself simply. He didn't look particularly surprised at Carla's presence, I would have cringed at the thought of what I'd said or done when I crawled into bed with him at three am. However, in the moment I didn't really care. George's hotel was further away and I didn't want her to get a cab or walk alone. So the large plush sofa was hers for the night, or at least until Dan left.

Carla stumbled into the room as Daniel was leaving, groaning as she flopped onto the bed, a finger pointed accusingly in my direction. I laughed, or made the attempt to laugh, it left me as a small huff of air as I peeked a single eye open. "I blame you." She whispered, blonde hair tangled and messy against what was my pillow (I had shuffled into Daniel's half of the bed when he got up).

"I blame you." I returned through a small smile, snuggling my head into the pillow and inhaling Daniel's comforting familiar scent before falling back into sleep.

"Depends if you're going to tell me the plans for the next few days or not." I huff at Daniel's words, they snap me back into reality. He knows that won't happen, I'm determined to at least have the plans for the next few days a secret until we arrive. He knows where we're headed (roughly) and that should be enough for now. It's not a huge surprise, but the effort it had taken to organise and coordinate with everyone's calendar was...a lot. It took approval from Michael, Mclaren and Lando even enlisted approval from Andreas to get the three days to ourselves. Thankfully, Daniel got his sim hours in before Zandvoort which helped out a lot.

"You know that's not going to happen." I huff, sending him a flat look and reaching out to brush my fingers against the stubble of his jaw. He's just delicious even when he's not trying, even when he's tired and socially drained after a race day he's the most gorgeous person on earth. I press my lips to his cheek softly feeling the skin shift into a grin under my touch.

When I pull away to look at him my thought is confirmed, Daniel is smiling at me softly. My heart flutters at the thought that not only do I make him happy (maybe not quite as happy as he makes me) but also I know him well enough to know what his reaction would be. I suppose he smiles at most things though.

"You feeling better?" He asks, fingers dancing over my forehead, the contact of his warm fingers against my temples making me sigh in relief. Painkillers can only do so much, I think I've hid it well but this hangover has silently been murdering me in the back of the mclaren garage all day.

"Yeah, just remind me never to trust Carla when she says 'one more' ever again." My words are quiet but it's only Daniel and I. I'd hate to wake either of the sleeping men not far from us.

"I don't know how George keeps up with her." Daniel says, it's more to himself than anyone else I think. The amazement in his voice makes me giggle pathetically, pressing a hand to my forehead remembering the splitting pain that lived there this morning. Thankfully it's eased a little through the day.

"I don't think he does." I hum still running my hand against the stubble of his chin. I fall down a little in my seat, my hand still staying on Daniel, the skin of my arm tighten a little uncomfortably. My eyes shoot open with the feeling. Remembering.

I clear my throat, straightening in my seat suddenly. Daniel makes a small huff since I'm no longer pressed into his side and instead grabs for my hand as a grin rises on my features. It's teasing as he watches me with cautious eyes. "I have a secret I'll spill if you answer my question." I'm sure there'll be mischief dancing in my eyes with the fast words.

Daniel is slow to take them in. His tongue darts out of his mouth, skimming his plump bottom lip as he cocks an eyebrow at me in that way that only he can manage making my heart flutter. "A secret?" The words sound foreign on his lips. "Do we still have those?"  He flirts and I almost catch my cheeks turning pink.

Will this ever change? Will he always make me this nervous and giddy? I hope so.

"Apparently I do." I flirt in return, fluttering my eyelashes a little a smirk on my lips.

"Consider me intrigued." Daniel mumbles pressing a quick kiss to my forehead. "What's your question?" He asks plainer than before.

"Lando told me that you told Max you loved me from Monza last year, I've heard Michael say similar things..." I trail off the words. Maybe it wasn't exactly a question. He knows what I'm asking though, I can see it from the thoughtful look on his face, the slight dart of his eyes away from me in thought.

"You want to know if...?" Daniel trails off in questioning unsure of the right word to use just as I was. I nod in confirmation. Simply put, I want to know how much truth there is to the statements. Has he really been in love with me for almost a year? Daniel groans at my reply, his head falling back a little and hands running over his face as I raise my head from its position on his shoulder. "In a way, yeah."

"I meant it when I told you didn't forget who you were Amber, I was just surprised to see you. I thought I'd never see you again, kinda accepted it by then." Daniel says with a shrug, he definitely could've fooled me the first time we saw eachother afain after but I'll believe his words. I had not quite accepted the same result, I knew I was going to see Daniel this year. I guess he had no clue who I really was though. "I think that I thought I loved you, but not how I do now."

"I get that." I admit with a nod, because I really do. In the same way, I don't love Daniel the same way now as I did when I first admitted it that morning after his birthday in Silverstone. That's what I thought love was, not this all consuming adoration I currently feel. The longer I'm with Daniel the more it grows. So when he says 'not how I do now' there's no offence in the words, I understand they completely.

"Even when we were friends I loved you a little, exactly how I shouldn't have." Daniel explains with a grin that tells me he always knew better. "Michael made my life hell for weeks after you appeared. Kept saying I had this look on my face every time you popped your head in the garage or waved hi to me." Daniel explains and I laugh at the thought. It's true that sometimes I felt Daniel didn't know what to do or say to me after our reintroduction. Looking back on it now that we know eachother so well it was uncomfortable.

"Did you miss me after Monza?" I almost tease, pressing my body back into Daniel's side with the question, a grin on my face. It's returned.

"Oh yeah, I wanted to punch myself in the face for not getting your number after Monza." He tells me, a small laugh leaving him because of my smug reaction. He squeezes my hand in his with the words flashing his eyes at me a little as I just shake my head. I'm happy he didn't get my number, who knows how things would've worked out if he did. Everything is great exactly how it. "Your secret?" Daniel prompts me, kicking his feet back up on the seat opposite ours slouching in his place slightly.

"Oh, yeah." I hum detangling our fingers and reaching for the zip of my orange McLaren fleece. I pull it down quickly, shaking the material from my arms so I'm left in just the vest I wore to the track today on my top half.

Daniel frowns at me slightly from his spot when I don't begin to explain a thing. I've just tilted my body in his direction slightly. "Not that I'm complaining, but are your boobs the secret?" He asks words slow, eyes narrowed in that way he makes them when he's tired and needing his glasses (he doesn't wear them nearly as much as he should). I snort quietly to myself at the question, laughing a little at the confusion that comes with it.

I rest my weight on the table between us twisting right arm in his direction with a shake of my head. "Sadly Ricciardo, my surprise is not my boobs." I reply dryly, a smile in my voice as he smiles at me with the use of his name.

I know the second his eyes spot the fresh ink scratched into the skin of my arm. The smile slips from his face and a shocked expression replaces it, a heavy swallow flowing through him, almost like a gulp of nerves. Light nerves hover around me as his eyes flicker over the small '3' in a typewriter font tatto'ed onto the inside of my right arm above my elbow.

"Amber-" his voice is a whisper, I almost miss it because of the engines of the plane.

"I told you not to let me trust Carla." Is all I say, my teeth sinking down on my bottom lip with nerves. It's not a big deal, at least I don't think. I have Lando and Oliver's race numbers tatoo'ed on me already (at the side of my ribs), and others that had appeared through my years at university. This is just another one to add to the collection.

"Ambs..."

"I wanted to get 'of love and life', you know that's my favourite." My words are nervous and spill out my mouth faster than they probably should. "I didn't quite trust the guy though, I was drunk not that drunk. You can't really mess up a '3'." I continue to stumble through my words, shifting a little as Daniel grasps my arm, pulling it closer to him to examine.

There's a beat of quiet between us when the only sounds that can be heard is the low hum of the plane engines and tired mumbles of Pierre who's still sleeping a few rows away.

"You're fucking insane." Daniel notes, a little breathless, a note entertainment in his words. His eyes stay fixed on the ink, his expression blank. I just shrug at the words. Once upon a time I would've been nervously playing with the hems of my clothes when he said something like that. Now they make me beam almost with pride.

"History has proved that's true." Is all I say in return, another small shrug leaving me.

"What...I..." Just like that I've achieved the impossible. I've made Daniel Ricciardo speechless. If I'd have known it was this easy to achieve I would've done this weeks ago just to prove a point to Michael.

No words leave Daniel for a further thirty seconds, or maybe even longer, as his eyes stay fixed on the slightly red skin surrounding the small three which is now permanently inked on my body.

The silence isn't even broken when out of nowhere his lips crash down against mine. I gasp against his lips hands flying to his chest as his hands make their way to my hips. My leg aches as it presses into the seat at an uncomfortable angle as our bodies fall together on the seat. A small whine leaves me when his tongue dips against my lower lip, looking for more which I gladly give.

"You're insane." He repeats between kisses, a smile rising up on my features which is quickly swiped away when his hand skims down my side. They pause a second longer than they should against my chest making me gasp heavily, chest heaving.

"Babe-" the call for him falls from me in a whisper as our foreheads fall together. Daniel's eyes have that hot look in them, the one that only means one thing. "No." I whisper, my words paired with no certainty. It's the weakest no to ever be said. "No-o." The word is stretched out of my lips as daniels head dips, his lips slipping to my neck sucking and licking softly at the exposed skin there. Another desire filled groan leaves me, my lips parting as Daniel's fingers dance over my body.

"But what if...yes?" Daniel purrs into my ear, a shiver running down my spine making my eyes flutter closed in pleasure. His tongue dips out of his mouth to skim the skin of my earlobe, catching it between his teeth and tugging gently. It's enough to pull a needy whine from my lips, a needy whine that shouldn't be there.

"Pierre is..." I begin the words quietly before daniels lips interrupt me. Three long kisses where our tongues never quite meet pause our words.

"Sleeping." He quietly finishes the sentence for me, a final sweet kiss pressed against my lips. His eyes are still playful and hot and stir something up in me. No. "Pierre is sleeping." He repeats quietly, his fingers linking with mine again. My lips sink down on my lower lip as Daniel pulls his black hoodie over his head. It leaves him in a white t-shirt of course with his name on. The action exposes his toned sides to me, the toned muscles of his stomach momentarily exposed and teasing me in the cabin of the plane.

Then without a word he slides out of his seat, head dipping to make sure the two men were sharing the cabin with are still snoring softly before his hand is held out in my direction. With my teeth still nipping at my bottom lip slightly I take it, shuffling out of the seat until I standing in front of his tall frame. Daniel adjusts me so I'm standing in front of him, his hands gluing themselves to my hips to squeeze there as he guides me towards the back of the small plane. My cheeks heat prematurely as the two of us stumble into the bathroom.

The second my feet cross the threshold Daniel spins me around infront of him. His lips are suddenly on me, hungry and devouring making me a little weak in the knees. A hum of mischief ripples through me as the words "This is...such...a bad....idea." Spill out of me between kisses as Daniel's skilled hands knock the lock of the bathroom closed.

It's bigger than other plane bathrooms but still cramped and not ideal. This is such a stupid idea. We're bound to be caught or embarrassed or- "Daniel!" His name is called from me in a small squeak as his hand comes down to slap at my ass. The material of my khaki cargo pants muffle the sound but it doesn't make the sting any less sharp. I'm about to complain when his mouth fixes itself back against mine and any complain is knocked out of me.

My hands glide over his toned shoulders, slipping over his tight chest and around his sides. My fingers tug at the material of his t shirt, pulling it up and exposing slices of his hot tanned skin to me. His fingers are equally hurried against my skin, skimming briefly over all the right places, my neck, my chest and teasing around my waist at the fastening of my trousers. Daniels tongue is still tangled with mine when he tugs roughly on the popper, pushing the material down my legs almost clumsily, desperate to have less separating us.

"Such a bad idea." I mumble again, when he parts to slip the shirt I've been so desperately pawing at over his head. It leaves his upper half fully exposed to my greedy eyes. I'm transfixed on him, watching every muscle of his flex and stretch with each movement, moving towards me, for me. Without a word my own top is brought over my head, my bra removed with the thin material tossed behind us carelessly.

He doesn't stop there, Daniels lips don't come back down to meet my own, he instead trails kisses down my neck as I'm briefly picked up and placed on the small counter of the bathroom. The material of the counter making my body feel like it's on fire against it as the focus of Daniel's lips dips lower over my chest. Then lower, dancing around the fresh ink on my arm, to my waist, and even lower until his lips dance at the hem of my underwear. The last thing hiding an inch of my body from his hungry eyes. I'm panting and shifting, wriggling my hips in desperation for more as his tongue ghosts against my skin, low hums leaving me as I try to keep quiet.

For someone insistent that this is a bad idea I'm really not doing a lot to stop it. Although when Daniel is looking at me with his flirty eyes, with his lips so close to where I'm so desperate for them to be I could never say no. I could never stop him.

My eyes flicker closed, my senses overawed with Daniel. Everything is him, I can taste him on my tongue, hear his heavy breaths of anticipation, feel his fingers dig in to my thighs as he balances them on his shoulders. It's the sweet kiss placed over the material of my underwear which has my eyes flickering open once more to see him, there between my legs warm burning gaze on me. I heave in a breath.

My legs almost tremble with anticipation as his hot breath fans over the sensitive spot, his brown eyes watching me, toying with how I react. When I suck in a sharp inhale, grasping tighter onto the counter for balance, other hand linking into the locks of his dark hair it's the response he's been wanting. What he's been waiting for. He flashes that bright cocky grin at me, pressing a kiss to the inside of my thigh before his skilled fingers dip into the side of my underwear, pushing them to the side so that I'm exposed to him.

This is his favourite thing to do - he told me a few weeks ago after one too many beers with Scotty. It doesn't make it any less exciting when his tongue eventually laps in one thick stroke against me, his nose nudging against my most sensitive spot as my mouth clamps closed to stop the groan leaving me.

There's no stopping this now, the opportunity to stop this has far passed us. My fingers run through his curls, tugging on the ends pulling him closer to where I want - where I need - him most and tugging him away at the same time. Incoherent words of incomplete sentences spill from me as I twitch and hum under the contact of his teasing tongue.

Daniel continues his assault against me, his flicking, sucking and licking against me. My thighs tighten against him, keeping his head against me as my heels dig into his taught trained back as complete pleasure takes over. My head falls back with the feel of him against me as I'm pushed higher, higher, higher. "Oh my..." the word is trailed off as my legs tremble with the pressure. "Dan..." his name is gasped right before my own hand slips from his curls, clamping over my mouth to hide the long heavy moan that leaves me as everything in me snaps.

I feel like I'm flying, piloted only by Daniel's lips against me as I fall back down to earth. Every inch of my body pulsing and hot as I grind myself further into his mouth, pulling every bit of pleasure from the man between my legs that I can.

When I'm settled firmly back on earth, Daniel presses a gentle kiss to the bundle of nerves at my centre. It makes me shudder, too sensitive for the contact to be innocent. He peppers soft kisses down the insides of my thighs which are still trembling before rising from his knees. His face is flushed, lips pink and when his lips clash against my own I can taste myself on him.

"Still a bad idea?" He asks pulling me down with careful hands from the counter to set me down on my weak legs. I'm still breathless, every thought scrambled. If it weren't for the low hum of the plane engine and the slight bounce in the air I'd have completely forgot where we are.

"The worst." I shake my head with the weak words. They have no gravity to them, this might have been Daniel's best idea yet. My heart rapping quickly in my chest and the ache of pleasure between my legs which is stretching out through my whole body is confirmation of that.

Without another word Daniel spins me around on my clumsy legs so that I'm facing the counter I was just sat on. His hands on my hips, squeezing the skin there in the way that he does as he looks to me through the mirror opposite. His foot nudges against mine, adjusting my position as my hands find the counter once more. Readying myself for him.

"Look at me Ambs." He almost growls in my ear, teeth latching onto my earlobe to give a soft tug as he did earlier. The words have my mouth falling open, eyes on his big brown hungry ones that I'm pretty sure given half the chance would devour me (more than he already has). I melt away, putty in his hands as he teases my entrance with his length, playing with me, watching to see how desperate I am.

When a low needy hum of frustration leaves me Daniel sees his opportunity, filling me entirely.

-
Um idk when or how 245k reads happened but thank you!

I'm going to hide now, smutty scenes make me scared.

❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 957 18
ADELINE O'CONNOR has been devastated since the last time she fell in love. Fans, gossips and even in interviews, all hover on the same topic. She's t...
2M 38.9K 89
โ ๐˜ช ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ. โž -------------------- Being the s...
97.6K 1.5K 34
When Poppy Easton gets her dream job with her favourite F1 team, RedBull, she imagines a whole new life for herself on the road and managing the race...
25.5K 497 21
Tamera Ricciardo has all she's ever wanted. She's a lawyer, she loves her son, Leo, she's an influencer and more. There's just two things she doesn't...