Dilli Wali Girlfriend [Comple...

By Krazy_Kiran

~Story is completed~ Preety Saini is one of the representatives of the Mehra company. Her superiors want her... More

Chapter 1 - Business Trip
Chapter 2 - Attitude Problems
Chapter 3 - Forced Apology
Chapter 4 - Gurudwara
Chapter 5 - Locks
Chapter 6 - Ratty Office
Chapter 7 - Planning Love
Chapter 8 Cheapo Arihant
Chapter 9 Blooming Friendship
Chapter 10 Joking & Flirting?
Chapter 11 Private Jet
Chapter 12 Disney World
Chapter 13 Confused Feelings
Chapter 15 Kayaking Gone Wrong
Chapter 16 Fake Wala Proposal
Chapter 17 Loca (Crazy)
Chapter 18 Rejection
Chapter 19 Competition
Chapter 20 Kidnapping
Chapter 21 Dinner
Chapter 22 Girlfriend?
Chapter 23 Surrender?
Chapter 24 Heartbreak
Chapter 25 Punjabi Wedding
Chapter 26 Preet Gone Bald
Chapter 27 Rahul Khurana (R. K.)
Chapter 28 Amar Returns
Chapter 29 Love You
Chapter 30 Redemption
Chapter 31 Dilli Wali Complication
Chapter 32 Dilli Wali Marriage
Chapter 33 Dilli Wali Ending

Chapter 14 Avoid Her

5.4K 441 180
By Krazy_Kiran

Chapter 14 - Avoid Her

Rahul's P. O. V.

"Why are you avoiding her?"

"Sam, I don't want to get into any messy business. Strict business relations is what my life consists of." I sighed. "I don't need to get into any relationships with any girls. Especially with someone who is leaving soon."

Sam watched me with an expression of realization. "You're afraid." I gave him a confused look. Me? Afraid? Impossible. "You're taking precautions. You're afraid of getting close to her because you know she'll leave. Aw man, you know long distance relation--"

"Samrat, shut up," I snapped, cutting his sentence off. I took a big gulp and finished off my drink. "You don't know what you're talking about, my friend."

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow, questioningly. "Then why did you ask her for a dance?"

"Because Mukti left me," I said flatly. To a degree that was truthful.

"As far as I know, you loathe dancing."

"Maybe I had a revival of love for dancing." That could never happen but it was worth a shot.

"Maybe you just wanted to talk to Preet." Sam smirked. Why did this all matter so much?

"Why are you so concerned about my life?" I interjected. "You realize that Piyali came with Preet. When the time is over, both of them go back."

Sam seemed unaffected by my statement. "So what? I live in the present. Unlike you, I don't care about the future. Too many worries."

"Unfortunately, I can't afford that thinking."

Sam and I said nothing else to each other.

Preet's P. O. V.

"He's ignoring you?"

"We're so much in trouble." I sighed and closed my eyes for a minute.

"Are you kidding? We're in great shape!" she exclaimed. I turned to look at her with a questioning look. "He obviously feels something for you that he's avoiding you."

"Feels something like . . . hatred?"

"No, something like a spark." A smug smile came over her features. "I can't believe this is working. I always thought you were a hopeless--I mean I knew there was hope."

I frowned. "You're mean. But now, what should we do?"

"Relax. Now, we do what he says."

"Huh?"

"Preet, time to hang out with Abhik. I am sure Rahul wouldn't mind. Gotta make sure though that Rahul is there when you spend time with his cousin," she told me.

"We're gonna make Rahul jealous?" I asked slowly.

She gave me a smug look. "It'll be a blast."

______________________

We boarded the private jet to return back to New York. The plan was set in place.

I was honestly against it. I didn't want to be on the wrong terms with Rahul but since he was ignoring me and whatnot, I went with it.

Slowly, I walked over to where Rahul's cousin sat. I gestured asking if I could sit down. Abhik nodded. Rahul sat in the seat behind Abhik's. I met his eyes for a brief second and pretended not to notice him. His face was expressionless, anyways. Hope this works.

"Of course," said Abhik cheerfully. "For once, I won't be alone." I sat down and continued a decent conversation with Abhik. He was really a great person.

If only I had to impress this one.

A slight problem occured once everyone had settled. Take off. I took deep breaths and tried to behave normal. "Preet, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I am not very used to take offs."

"It'll be fine. Just don't throw up. Rahul will actually make you clean it yourself." He visibly shuddered and glanced over his shoulder at his cousin. Abhik looked like he spoke from experience.

"I warned you not to do it. You ruined the leather seats," said Rahul behind us. I chuckled.

"Yeah yeah," Abhik said waving it off. "Whatever." I took deep breaths and did my best to keep my composure. My hands were on the armrests, digging in the leather.

"Preet, three more minutes. You can make it," Rahul's voice surprised me. Was my deep breathing that loud? "I don't want any vomiting in here."

Oh great. I didn't look over at him. Piya had told me to avoid doing that for two days. The more you chase after a guy, the more he runs away, she had said.

As if two days will make a difference.

Abhik and I both ignored Rahul. Abhik was a great company especially when I had to make Rahul jealous. He flirted around quite a bit.

"Preet, so what's say? Date with me this week?" asked Abhik.

Why? Why is he so insistent on a date? I need his cousin not him!

"Abhik, I don't think that's a good idea."

He gave me a disappointed look before a smile lit his face. "How about a group date?" he asked. I raised an eyebrow. "You, me, Piya, Samrat, and maybe someone else," he said nodding his heads towards Rahul's direction, "if he can find himself a date."

That sounded well. This was perfect for making Rahul jealous! But we really needed Rahul to come on this group date. "Sure," I told Abhik.

He gave a crooked smile and chattered on different things we could do.

_________________________

Piyali and I had a lot of planning to do as soon as we were back in New York. My mom kept calling and asking how the food and people were. She wanted to know about the deal which I told her was in the process. The CEO was a brat.

Aside from the plan, Piya and I were working on the deal things. We needed stronger arguments and points to convince Rahul. His unwavering decision made our lives so hard.

For two days, I didn't go out to lunch while Piya did. She kept me informed how Sam had asked about my lack of presence and Rahul pretended not to be bothered. Piya had told them I was sick. She told me that Drishti and Arihant had joined the lunch group as well. I was still stuck at the hotel until the third day of the plan.

"Lunch is going to be dramatic today," said Piyali.

"What do you mean?" I asked as we walked down the street. New York City was full of traffic and people.

"Arihant and Drishti will probably be there. You have to sit near Arihant," she said. I looked at her in disbelief. "I know he is a pervert. This is just for the sake making Rahul jealous and maybe even . . . protective of you."

I rolled my eyes. We stopped and waited till the light on the sidewalk turned to the person sign.

We entered the restaurant soon enough and took our normal table. Drishti and Sam were already waiting for us. "Hey guys," Sam said as Piya took a seat near him. I sat down across from them, alone. This wasn't good. We said polite hellos and Sam asked how I was feeling. I shrugged and told him I was back to normal. We all placed our orders when Rahul joined us. Apparently, Arihant couldn't make it here today, according to his sister.

There went the plan.

Rahul looked exhausted and his face even dropped when he realized that he was going to have to sit next to me.

"Rahul, why are you late?" Drishti asked. Isn't she concerned?

He shook his head mumbling, "I had a meeting." I just sat awkwardly and then I heard my name. "Preet, Preet!" I looked at Rahul in alarm. "Here." He handed me a yellow file.

I said nothing--very hard to do--and looked through the file. Piya had a similar expression. "Where did you find it?" she asked Rahul. Naturally, I wasn't allowed to talk to him. Sam and Drishti seemed to be lost. "We had lost the file in Rahul's office after that meeting," explained Piya.

"It was stuck in one of the other files," replied Rahul. "I found it and figured I might as well get it to you before you start looking through my office again."

"Thanks." I felt a little offended at the last sentence. Shrugging, I ate my pasta. Rahul had been staring at me, waiting for me to say something. I didn't spare a single glance his way.

Just to test something, I met Samrat's eyes. "Do you know about Abhik's whereabouts?" I inquired. Rahul scoffed. Piya ate her food but she pretended to rub the side of her cheek with her thumb and sneaked me a thumbs up. "He was telling me something about going rowing or kayaking or something."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, the whole group outing. Abhi should be here soon--oh look, speak of the devil." True indeed, Abhik had just entered the restaurant.

"Hello, earthlings." Rahul's cousin gave us all a wide grin--except for Drishti--and pulled up a chair next to me. "And martians." He pointedly looked at Rahul and Drishti. I laughed along with Sam and Piya.

"Hello Stupid," uttered Rahul. He received his order and attacked the mini pizza.

"Ignore him," Samrat said. Rahul was always mean and stressed out during lunch time. He is a CEO. "Abhi, so what's the deal with the group date thing?" I didn't like the sound of "group date thing."

"Here is the plan: so far, it's me, Preet, you--Sam--and Piya," replied Abhik. "Rahul said no. Drishti, do you want to come?" I didn't show my surprise. Abhik hardly ever communicated with Drishti. Even she looked amazed by his question.

"I would love to go," she answered. "I'm sure Arihant will--"

"I'm sure your brother will be busy with other things, Drishti," Rahul interjected.

"Rahul, stay out of this. Speak for yourself not other people," reprimanded Samrat. Rahul pursed his lips and glared at Sam. I wanted to say something but controlled myself. "So, Abhik, where exactly are we going?"

Abhik leaned forward on the table. "Kayaking, Sam. It'll be fun! I found a place where we can rent kayaks and go on a course. Like a game. At the end, we'll end up at an amazing tavern."

"Sounds so . . . exotic," Drishti said. That earned her many laughs.

"But you're gonna need to find a partner," Abhik told her. "Unless you're fine going by yourself."

"Oh." Disappointment flashed across her face. "Rahul--"

"No, thanks. I don't have time," Rahul said before she could ask him. I tried not to smile. He said no to her. Wait, why am I happy hearing that? That's bad news!

"You're so mean," I told Rahul. Piya gave me a light head shake. She didn't want me to say anything else to him. Sam was in agreement and he gave me a sympathetic nod of the head. Rahul narrowed his eyes at us.

"I'm sorry if my work takes a lot of my time," Rahul said.

"Chill," Abhik calmly told his cousin.

"Of course!" Rahul said. He pulled out his wallet, threw a green paper bill on the table, grabbed his food, and left.

Rahul Khurana legitimately left us out of anger.

Samrat shrugged. "Don't worry I'll take care of Rahul."
______________________________

A/N

My exams are done. Chapter dedicated to my di Indianwriter! Love ya di! Check out her stories! They're amazing!

Next chapter will be the date. I know this chapter wasn't that great but just wait till the kayaking trip. Has anyone ever been kayaking? It's fun!

What are your predictions?

Oh and Arihant will be played by RANVEER SINGH. Majority rules.

So my mind is stuck on the song "Main rang sharbatoh ka tu meethe ghat ka paani" It's a beautiful song. Shahid was fantastic in it. By the way, I picked P.C. and Shahid Kapoor as the main leads (not Deepika and Ranbir) because Ranbir LEFT his Dilli Wali Girlfriend for Deepika. (Technically, Bunny and Naina).
I hope the story is going okay so far. All suggestions/recommendations are welcomed.

I am truly grateful for all the votes and comments that I've received so far for this book.

Please vote & comment if you liked the chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 878 14
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
6.4K 622 8
She loved someone else but has to marry him to save her love from the problem. He married to her for his daughter and to take his revenge. But they b...
3M 108K 125
Most of us look at the Relations in the same way we did years ago, in childish simplicity and an easygoing attitude, but Things ain't that simple whe...
21.3K 904 17
This is the story of two best friends... Priya Singhania- A soft spoken girl facing her hurdles alone... After her parents divorce she was alone left...