Jesiah | A Red Dead Redemptio...

By JustJammyu

Jesiah DeSantis. Boy is a thief and he ain't a good kid, but no one always start that way. He even thinks tha... More

Colter
Enter, Pursued By A Memory
The Aftermath Of Genesis
Memories
Old Friends
Warm Winter Nights
Who The Hell Is Leviticus Cornwall?
Eastward Bound
Polite Society, Valentine Style
Americans At Rest
Paying A Social Call
We Loved Once And True
An Hour
The First Shall Be Last
Pouring Forth Oil
Pouring Forth Oil II
The Sheep And The Goats
A Strange Kindness
Must Be Love
An Honest Mistake
The Course Of True Love
Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Preaching Forgiveness As He Went
The Fine Joys Of Tobacco
Brothers In Crime
Sodom? Back To Gomorrah
New Things, Murfree Country
Love Makes You Crazy
Friends In Very Low Places
Blessed Are The Peacemakers
A Short Walk In A Pretty Town
Blood Feuds, Ancient And Modern
Battle Of Shady Belle
Caught Up In The Past
Angelo Bronte, A Man Of Honor
Brothers And Forgiveness
The Gilded Cage
The Mother, the Witch
Horsemen, Apocalypse
Who The Hell Is J.C.?
Urban Pleasures
A Fire Called Love
Random
Country Pursuits
Two Veterans And An Outlaw
Random 2
Revenge Is A Dish Best Eaten
Random 3
Marriage and Dreams
A Hope To A Different World
Banking, The Old American Art
Visions Turned Prophecies
Update
Welcome To the New World
Thinking Hours
Fleeting Joy of Uncle Tacitus
A Fork In The Road
Planning A Sweet Escape
Icarus and Friends
Visiting Hours
Idealism and Pragmatism for Beginners
Wedding Traditions
Sickness Unveiled
Random ?
A Rage Unleashed
Cursed With One, Blessed With Three
Honor, Amongst Thieves
Family Meeting: A New Era
Thanksgiving Special
The Fine Art Of Conversation
Goodbye, Dear Friend
Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow
Ikaw At Ako
Family Meeting II: The Junction
Lost Boy
Update
The King's Son
My Boy
Unwanted Update 🤡
My Last Boy
A Man's Purpose
Reckoning In The West
Our Best Selves

A Sweet Time In Cumberland

166 8 41
By JustJammyu

The scenes of last night didn't let Jesse sleep for the night. After that whole Bronte business, the gang went back to camp separately without speaking a word of it. Dutch went on as normal, announcing it to camp as 'Problem Solved' which Hosea wasn't happy about but Dutch pulled him aside to start on the plan for the bank.

Arthur went back to his room as well as John to greet his family. The boy was looking for Jesse but John tells him to give the other man a break. Jesse, he was okay, he didn't break down or anything, it just brought back memories of when he was the one helpless being dunked underwater but he's fine. Just awfully quiet. So instead of sleeping at midnight, he just asked Javier for him to take over guard duty till sunrise. The tired Mexican agreed and thanked him.

It's well over five in the morning and the sun is already rising. Jesse was about to find Javier to take over, when suddenly, a pair of horse hooves sounded through the woods and headed their direction, Jesse's brows furrowed and started to aim the gun till he recognized the couple before him.

"Mr. and Mrs. Gold?" Jesse acknowledged them, the couple didn't waste any more time.

"It's Dupont, Jesse!" Miriam frantically said as the couple quickly dismounted.

Jesse's heart sank to his stomach when he heard the name, Evan Dupont.

"W-W-What happened?" Jesse stammered, everything around him is happening so quickly, his words couldn't act the way his brain wants to.

The three of them quickly looked around then entered the camp without permission, earning a few weird looks from the gang. Dutch then approaches the three.

"Who are these people?" he asked.

Jesse quickly introduced them. Then made their way inside, for the couple needed to hide in case someone followed them from their home. They can't tell the police, because Dupont is one of the high society men in Saint Denis.

Now, Jesse, Miriam and Abraham are huddled around a table inside the house of Shady Belle along with Arthur trying to have sense of the situation, but Jesse is as confused as they are. Jesse didn't involve Dutch because it'll confuse him even more.

"I thought ya'll were well protected in that house?" Jesse said with a tone of slight anger but he tried to hide it.

"It is well protected by us." Abraham said in the same tone.

"Well then where were you? You know this man is a threat so why would you leave Jessica unattended? I leave for two fucking days and this happens!?" the gunslinger finally snapped and hit the table before running the same hand through his hair. It shocked Dutch and Arthur since they never heard that type of language come out of Jesse's mouth, ever.

Abraham stood up and angrily pointed a finger at Jesse, "Hey! Might I remind you that Jessica is not the only one at stake here! The son of a bitch has my boy and his sister!"

"We're trying to be calm here, we came to you because we know how much you love Jessica so don't ever try and put the blame on us." Miriam tried to calmy say but anger was also evident in her voice. "We're here, in case you have any idea of what Dupont wanted to say in the letter he left us-"

"He left you a letter? Couldn't you have started with that!?" Jesse yelled again. Arthur put a hand on his shoulder but Jesse nudged it away.

"We would have, if you stayed calm!" Abraham countered.

"THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS IN DANGER-"

"AND SO ARE OUR CHILDREN! So, I suggest you man up and think clearly about the situation!" Miriam finally snapped.

Jesse got silent and quickly exited the house, the moment he stepped foot on the moist ground, any food he ate in the last few hours came out of his mouth. He threw up because of all the stress and pressure, and Arthur was just behind him.

"Go on, lecture me." Jesse said, while taking a breath, crouched down in case he needed to release more.

"What the hell is wrong with you!? The way I see it, both of ya'll's problem is this Dupont feller." Arthur did start to lecture him.

"I never said he wasn't!" Jesse snapped back.

"But you were just blaming the only two people who can actually help you in this situation!"

"THEY SAID THEY'D PROTECT HER WHILE I'M GONE!" Jesse shouted, getting the attention of the other people in camp.

"AND YOU THINK EVERYTHING'LL GO PERFECTLY JUST BECAUSE THEY HAD PROTECTION? We have guards in this camp, and yet we managed to get Kieran killed, we managed to lose Jack! But guess what, we got him back, didn't we? Same in this situation." Arthur then grabbed Jesse by both shoulders, "You need these two to form a plan, where to start, what to start or what to do. And you know that you're one of the best men to do all that."

Jesse looked at him then at his feet. He sighed and nodded. Arthur ruffled his hair and led him back inside the house. Abraham and Miriam waited inside. The man was consoling his crying wife who finally broke down after keeping a tough façade. Abraham then sees Jesse and Arthur approach them and informed Miriam.

"I'm sorry we came straight over here for help, son... We just didn't know where else to go..." Abraham apologized.

Jesse shook his head, "I'm sorry... I just didn't think it'd get this far... I apologize for my actions earlier..."

The couple nodded, they all finally turned to face table where the letter was laid down neatly. The couple told the gunslingers that they were just doing their early Monday errands, then they came back to the house and the other housemates tells them what happened in a panic. The same housemates tried to get rid of Dupont but he's got way more armed men than they are. They then proceeded to read the letter.

Jesiah or Jesse, I should day. We have met only twice so I doubt that you even remember who I am. But you do have something or someone that I have wanted for more than you've known her. Yes, Jessica, the beautiful girl that you have taken from me. She doesn't deserve a scum, yankee, outlaw, nobody like you. She deserves someone who can give her the world, someone who can buy her the things she deserves. I don't know what kind of witchcraft you have done to her, but she is wrong for choosing you. She should choose me! I should be the one she's laying with at night! I should be the one she should be kissing in the day! SHE SHOULD BE THE MOTHER OF MY CHILDREN. If she can't see that, I can show her... But if that doesn't work, if I can't have her... No one can!

I heard you were a genius, but I highly doubt that... Let's see if you can find us within the day, if not... She's mine.

'I have two intentions,

One is making her mine,

And the other is getting rid of you.

Three words are the only ones I'll tell her,

Eight months too long and I finally have her

Three children are my gifts to her for a lifetime.

Twenty - one times I've tried.

Nineteenth of December is the day you should remember,

That Jessica Wilde will forever be mine.'

"It was only intended for you... Which scares us more because he didn't state why he took our children as well." Miriam shakily said.

"Probably for bait." Arthur suggested.

Jesse sighed, "He's right... He says he loves Jessica... So, he won't hurt her."

"Why would he need our children? Why bait?" Abraham asked.

Jesse paused in thought... "Possibly so the police in where he, is won't take Jessica, he can use Jonah and Lyn to distract them... That's just a possibility though."

"Or, they we're the only people in his way through Jessica... so he took care of them too." Arthur theorized as well.

"That's actually way more plausible..." Jesse said as he bit his tongue and leaned on the table re-reading the letter over and over. "There's gotta be a reason why he wrote that awful poem."

"That's what I thought, you know, with the numbers? There's a two, a one, then two threes, an eight, a twenty-one and nineteen." Miriam suggested.

"Yeah, you're right..." Jesse said as they all stopped in thought... "Ya'll think it's coordinates?" Jesse suggested.

Arthur quickly laid down his map to track and match the numbers to possible coordinates but it just led them to sea.

"How about months?" Abraham suggested.

"Nah, there's only twelve months, honey." Miriam said and they all sighed.

Jesse stared at the letter... He re-read it over and over... the letter... the letter...

"The letter." Jesse suddenly said.

"Yes, that's what we've been trying to solve here." Miriam said.

"No. I mean, yes, but I just realized that Dupont is not that smart for us to make things a lot more complicated than it is. The letter, the numbers are letters!" Jesse excitedly said.

Abraham raised a brow, "So you're saying that each number has a corresponding letter? From the alphabet?"

"Yes!" Jesse then took a piece of paper and wrote all letters with numbers under each one, "Two is B, One is A, two threes is six so F, eight is H, Twenty-one is U, And nineteen is S." Jesse said as he circled each letter with number, "That leaves us with B A F H U S." Jesse said.

"What the hell is Bafhus?" Abraham asked and they all shrugged.

Arthur looked over the map and the word they just formed and realized something, "It's Bacchus."

"What?" Jesse asked.

"Bacchus, you added the two threes and made it six, it should just be as it is which makes two Cs..." Arthur explained.

Jesse nodded in both realization and agreement. "So, what's Bacchus?"

Arthur, without a word pointed at the map, "A station and bridge up in Cumberland forest."

Miriam smiled, "Well there we have it! Let's go!" she stands up but is stopped by her husband.

"No, you're going back to the house." Abraham demanded.

"I've proven myself to be useful in the past twenty-five years of our marriage, you're still doubting me?" She accusingly said.

"No, sweetheart, I know you're useful. But right now, I need you to go back there in case they get back on their own... They'd be looking for you."

They continue to converse when Arthur asked Jesse, "Want me to come with?"

Jesse looked and nodded, "Yeah, sure... we'd need an extra gun. I'll get my stuff. Meet you by the horses in five."

Arthur nods and Jesse tells the couple the same thing.

Five minutes later, they met with the horses and mounted each of their own. Miriam made her way back home while the other three men made their way to Bacchus station.

Meanwhile, Evan's got Jonah and Lyn tied up in a corner with blindfolds with Jessica sitting across him while he tries to have conversation.

"So, Jessica, I can't wait for you to meet my children. They are so thrilled to finally meet you." He happily said.

Jessica on the other hand is scowling at him but with teary eyes. She's also tied on the chair. She was shaking with both fear and anger. Evan looks at her, trying to keep his cool since she isn't reacting the way he wants her to. He then opens up a candy bar.

"Here sweets, for a sweetheart like you."

Jessica shook again, "Let them go, Evan."

Evan's smile faded into an eerie look of insane anger in his eyes. He sighs loudly as he stood up and was quiet for a moment before kicking a chair, nearly hitting Jonah in the face, causing both him and Lyn to scream as well as Jessica.

"IT'S ME YOU WANT DON'T YOU? I'LL GO WITH YOU! JUST LET THEM GO!" Jessica screamed so loud.

"No! These two made it so hard for me and my men to get ya! The whole family made it hard and that suitor of yours! They'll ALL SUFFER! They're ALL GONNA COEM HERE AND THEY'LL ALL SUFFER! THEN and ONLY THEN WILL YOU BE FINALLY MINE!" Evan insanely said with evil laughter following after that.

"You think they're as dumb as you are? They have a plan-"

"And you think I don't?!" He angrily asked.

Still with a scowl, "Well you let your men go... That's sloppy."

"It won't be, because once their parents and your oh, so beloved Jesse arrives, I have more than three bullets for each one. No need for guards."

"No..." She starts to cry.

"Oh, but yes, Jessica... All of this could've been avoided, if only you had joined me at that gala." He said as he exits the room and lock it behind him. Leaving the three helpless people inside.

"They're gonna come, Jonah, Lyn... I can feel it..." she shakily reassured, not knowing if it's really for them or herself. Is it real or she's trying to distract herself from being helpless...

The room in the abandoned station was completely empty other than themselves. Dupont's men tied them up, even their torso's tied up, connected to another longer rope... probably for them to hang.

The three finally arrived and angrily called to the big man.

"DUPONT! GET OUT HERE YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Jesse yelled.

Evan happily and quickly grabbed Jessica and pulled her outside with a gun to her head.

"YOU LOOKING FOR THIS, CREED!?" he tauntingly asked.

"JESSE!" she cried.

"We're here baby, we're gonna get you outta this!" Jesse shakily reassured her as they all dismounted.

"Oh, really?" Evan then looked around and noticed Arthur instead of Miriam, "It's a shame that the mother wouldn't be able to see her family dead, instead you brought this bystander." He said as he slowly moved to the bridge.

They all raised their hands so Evan won't shoot.

"Dupont, think about this. I'm the one you hate right?" Jesse asked.

"Damn right! YOU"RE TRYING TO TAKE EVERYTHING FROM ME!" The other man said. He was so focused on Jesse, the other two men were non-existent to him.

"THEN, HURT ME! TAKE HER OUT OF THIS, ONCE I'm GONE, SHE'S ALL YOURS, THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT RIGHT?" Jesse said as he kept distracted the dumb man before him as Arthur got closer and Abraham got behind him.

"She still doesn't want me... The only way for you not to have her, is to get her KILLED!"

"NO!" She screamed and struggled before him so he aimed his gun against her again as he got closer to the edge of the bridge.

"EVAN! Let's just talk about this like men!" Jesse said, him and the other two are getting closer as well.

Evan paused and closed his eyes... but like the crazy man he is... he only said on thing, "No." and did the unexpected.

He pushes Jessica off the bridge. Everything went slow. Arthur was so close but not close enough, Abraham was so close but not close enough, Jesse was... so close... but was not enough.

Jessica screams and her life flashed before her eyes... Every good and bad thing, she watches it in a dream sequence, like the films she'd watch with Jesse in the theatre in Saint Denis. But she just closed her eyes in acceptance... She even sees the future... one she couldn't have... a vision of marriage. She becomes a Creed, and a baby boy was on her hands... she couldn't have that now... 'I guess not all my visions really happen.'

"Oh Jesse... I'll be in the right hands of God..." she whispered before she hits a rock on the water.

Or so she thought.

Jesse sees her drop, he sees both men on his side. He sees Abraham take Evan on a chokehold. And Arthur... Oh, Arthur... The man managed to catch the longer rope connecting to Jessica's.

Everything stops on Jessica's side with a jolt. She exhales as she sees herself levitating mid-air. She looks up to see Arthur on hold of her rope. The man grunts loudly, he heard a bone snap on his shoulder as he almost didn't catch the girl. Jesse on the other hand finally hit the butt of his gun at Evan which knocked him out cold. Both men notice Arthur laying on the side of the bridge trying to pull Jessica up but his shoulder got dislocated. They immediately drop Dupont on the rails to help.

Jessica did her best to keep still.

"Almost there, sweetheart!" Jesse reassured and they all continue to pull her up. She finally made it to the surface. Jesse immediately unwraps her from all the rope. She immediately threw herself at him and he immediately wraps his arms around her in a protective manner.

"God, I thought I lost you." Jesse said as he pulled away and cupped her cheeks to check if she's hurt, "Did he do anything to you?"

She shook her head, "No, But Jonah and Lyn are still at the station! Hurry!" she tells Abraham and the father immediately ran at the station. Arthur stood up while holding his shoulder.

"Shit, Arthur-"

"It's fine, I'll just-" He slams his shoulder on the wooden pillar nearby and that seemed to relocate his arm, "Ain't no big deal." He says.

Jessica lets go of Jesse and approaches Arthur and hugs him, which made Jesse smile.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Morgan... I owe you my life." Jessica says.

"Nah, just make sure ya keep my boy happy here." Arthur said as he grabbed Jesse's shoulder and smiled.

"But still, thank you..."

"You're very welcome, darlin'" Arthur said with a smile as he ruffles her hair as well as Jesse's.

Suddenly they hear groaning and sees that Evan's getting up. Jesse quickly goes over and kicks the man and knocks him out again.

After a few hours of waiting from the gang, Evan finally awoke, tied up to a chair. Jesse notices him waking up and places a chair in front of him. He sits down and slaps the man to look at him.

"C'mon look here, this'll be quick."

Evan groaned.

"Now, we've decided to let you live... Because we don't want your children to be left as orphans... you love them, do you?" Jesse asked.

Evan nods.

"Well, here's what's gonna happen. If I see you anywhere in Saint Denis, even your horse... I'll kill ya' in front of your children if needs be."

Evan fearfully nodded, "Y-Yes, we'll be out, we'll leave by tomor-"

"No, you leave tonight. Remember if I see you tomorrow or any other future days. I'll kill ya, and feed you to them... got me?"

The other man nods frantically and Jesse cuts him off and send him away.

They all leave the station and walks towards their horses. Jonah and Lyn sticking to Abraham. Arthur just silently walking with a smile as he watches the young couple walk before him. Jesse stops and turns to Jessica which gave Arthur the signal to give them some privacy.

"Yes?" Jessica asked.

Jesse sighed, "Jessica... I live a dangerous life... But that doesn't stop me from loving you with all of it... You make me so happy and loved. And I hope I make you feel the same way..." he then cups her cheek, "And it's situations like this makes me want to do things without regrets, with you. I love you, Jessica Wilde."

Jessica looks at him, lovingly, "I love you too Jesiah Creed." They stayed like that which made Jessica impatiently laugh, "Well, Jesse, aren't you gonna ask me to live with ya or somethin'?"

Jesse shakes his head... "No." he slowly takes out a small box, and slowly gets down on one knee... HE suddenly remembers his nightmare but there's no turning back now.

Jessica covers her mouth and starts tearing up as she sees Jesse get down. She looks around and sees the other watch the scene... Arthur looked so proud with his arms crossed as he watched. She then looks back to Jesse.

"Jessica Wilde... Will you be crazy and marry me?" Jesse pops the question with a beautiful dainty ring offering to Jessica.

He waited for an answer.

He waited, and got scared when it was taking so long.

But the girl just smiled, "Yes."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: OmaghAd, this was longer than usual but I won't be posting for a while cuz I got exams. Anyways , I hope ya'll enjoyed this one, cuz I did, hence the length. Thanks for reading 'Jesiah'!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.3K 20
(Y/n) (l/n), a name that everyone knew. Being right hand man of one of the most famous gang leaders has it's perks. The O'Driscolls were one of the m...
20.7K 657 32
"We do more than hunting... We're hunted" "If we have to fight, we fight. If we have to run, we'll run If we must die, we'll die, But... We'll stay f...
44.7K 2.6K 76
You betray my trust and you think you can come in here and treat me like I'm... like I'm..." She struggled to find the right words to say but Micah s...
7K 356 63
**THIS STORY IS FOR MATURE READERS (18+) ONLY! ** ALL THE TRIGGER WARNINGS!!! (For some reason it keeps turning off the mature button and I keep havi...