Jesiah | A Red Dead Redemptio...

By JustJammyu

Jesiah DeSantis. Boy is a thief and he ain't a good kid, but no one always start that way. He even thinks tha... More

Colter
Enter, Pursued By A Memory
The Aftermath Of Genesis
Memories
Old Friends
Warm Winter Nights
Who The Hell Is Leviticus Cornwall?
Eastward Bound
Polite Society, Valentine Style
Americans At Rest
Paying A Social Call
We Loved Once And True
An Hour
The First Shall Be Last
Pouring Forth Oil
Pouring Forth Oil II
The Sheep And The Goats
A Strange Kindness
Must Be Love
An Honest Mistake
The Course Of True Love
Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Preaching Forgiveness As He Went
The Fine Joys Of Tobacco
Brothers In Crime
Sodom? Back To Gomorrah
New Things, Murfree Country
Love Makes You Crazy
Friends In Very Low Places
Blessed Are The Peacemakers
A Short Walk In A Pretty Town
Blood Feuds, Ancient And Modern
Battle Of Shady Belle
Caught Up In The Past
Angelo Bronte, A Man Of Honor
Brothers And Forgiveness
The Gilded Cage
The Mother, the Witch
Horsemen, Apocalypse
Who The Hell Is J.C.?
Urban Pleasures
A Fire Called Love
Random
Country Pursuits
Two Veterans And An Outlaw
Random 2
A Sweet Time In Cumberland
Random 3
Marriage and Dreams
A Hope To A Different World
Banking, The Old American Art
Visions Turned Prophecies
Update
Welcome To the New World
Thinking Hours
Fleeting Joy of Uncle Tacitus
A Fork In The Road
Planning A Sweet Escape
Icarus and Friends
Visiting Hours
Idealism and Pragmatism for Beginners
Wedding Traditions
Sickness Unveiled
Random ?
A Rage Unleashed
Cursed With One, Blessed With Three
Honor, Amongst Thieves
Family Meeting: A New Era
Thanksgiving Special
The Fine Art Of Conversation
Goodbye, Dear Friend
Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow
Ikaw At Ako
Family Meeting II: The Junction
Lost Boy
Update
The King's Son
My Boy
Unwanted Update 🀑
My Last Boy
A Man's Purpose
Reckoning In The West
Our Best Selves

Revenge Is A Dish Best Eaten

182 7 22
By JustJammyu

Jesse had to leave the next day to do Dutch's plan of revenge on Bronte, when he had to say farewell, it was not easy for... all of them.

"How long will you be gone?" Eli asked with tears falling on his cheek.

"Quite a while, Eli." Jesse smiled to him as he crouched in front of the two boys.

"Can we come with you?" Isa asked with as much tears as his twin brother.

"Oh, sweet Jesus, no! It'll be too dangerous."

"We only just met yesterday ang you're already leaving us!" Eli said and cried loudly along with Isa.

Jesse chuckled and stood up to ruffle both the boys' hair, "I'll be back, I promise you two." He then turns to Jonathan, "Dad, how long will you be staying in Saint Denis?"

"Oh, we won't, we'll be staying in Strawberry for a few months though... a little vacation..." he replied then continued to converse with Hamish.

"See? After this job, I'll be going to you." Jesse reassured the boys.

"You won't know where we'll be in Strawberry." Isa said.

"It's a small place, I'm sure I'll be able to find you."

They both finally nod and hugged him one last time. Jesse then moved to Evelyn who Jonathan convinced to call her 'Mom' from now on.

"Ma, I should get going." Jesse said. She smiled as he walked towards him as well.

"Oh, I love hearing that word from you." She said as he wrapped one of his arms around her in a hug. "Take care, son."

"I will." Jesse smiled and turned to Jonathan. "Pa, I'll be back in while."

"Okay, son... you better be back. Because if you die, I'll shoot you myself." He said as he hugged his son.

"I won't die even if you wanted me to. You might get tired of me." Jesse joked and they laughed.

He turns to his horse and also waves a goodbye to Hamish.

Now he's finally arrived at the bayou where Dutch told them to meet. Bill, Lenny, John and Dutch are already there. He grabbed his rifles and put on his bandoliers before joining the group.

"There you are! Why are you and Arthur always late?" Dutch asked.

Jesse then looks to his pocket watch, "It's 2:45, how early do you want us to be here?"

"Fair point. Anyway, I'll speak of the plan when Arthur gets here."

"Okay." Jesse said as he leaned on the rails next to John. "How you getting on?"

"Fine, just, what are we doing here?" John asked.

"I don't know either but... It's Dutch..."

"Yeah, you're right, no point in complaining now. We're here."

They stayed put for a few hours until Bill asked Dutch something.

"So, Dutch... what's Tahiti like, anyhow?"

"I have no idea..." Dutch then turns to Jesse, "Jesse, would mind to educate us about the biology of Tahiti?"

Jesse looks up from his journal, "First of all, it's Geology. And second, I only know about the physical basis of the country, not the people." He said as he turned back to his reading.

Dutch and Bill just looked at him, waiting for another answer, "Please do tell." Dutch finally said.

Jesse closed his journal and sighed, "It was first settled by migrating Polynesians as early as 500BC. Then, it was later discovered by European explorers in the 16th century and then colonized by France... It's now officially known as French Polynesia, it is an autonomous overseas country of the French Republic." Jesse said in one breath. "Any questions?"

Bill and the others' mouths hung open, except for Dutch.

"How the hell do you know all that?" He finally asked.

"Simple Bill, I read books, and I went to school."

"So, you're a genius? Is that it?" Bill accusingly asked.

"Between the both of us? Yeah." Jesse said

"Why you little-"

"Easy, Bill." Dutch blocked him and Jesse just laughed, "We all know Jesse has always been... Special." He said sarcastically.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jesse asked, he knew Dutch meant something else... he decides to let it slide for now.

Before Dutch could think of a good answer, Arthur finally arrived.

"Arthur, there you are. Come on." Dutch said as he entered the boat first, followed by John and the others. "Thomas, let's get going."

"Right, you are." Thomas said and finally start to paddle once Jesse and Arthur boarded.

A few moments in the water, it was starting to get dark. Dutch starts a joke about how Bill is a sharpshooter in the calvary and that maybe he can help with the suppression fire. Bill starts to oppose then Dutch counters him by saying that he's the Nation's most loyal latrine digger... And the group laughed at that. Bill proudly said that he fought well... then proceeds to call the Indians, savages.

"Watch your mouth there boy. Watch it." Dutch says, then Bill turns to him, "Only type of savage in these parts... are moonshine swilling, pompous, inbred locals."

"Dutch, I saw things out there-" Bill tried to justify.

"I don't doubt you saw things, Bill... but your tiny little mind... was too small to comprehend what you saw. What you saw, was people who lost everything to savagery." Then they shifted in their seats as Dutch continues, "Savagery of peasant, failures to come from Europe to reap some... awful vengeance on God's last creation."

"Interesting way you boys got of preparing for a killing." Arthur mentions.

"I was about to say." Jesse added.

"I'm sorry I wasted my life trying to teach you boys... Love you though, I do." Dutch said the last part a little too quickly but everyone heard it.

"Well, leaving love aside." Arthur coughs... "You think we got this?" he asks.

"Don't you never leave love aside, Arthur... it's all we got."

It was already dark when they finally arrived at Bronte's house. Thomas led them to the water bank to make it easier for them to exit the boat. Dutch reminds Thomas to pick them up later. They ran behind a wall between Bronte's yard and the outside. They all start to jump over the wall and wait on the other side for the others.

"Lenny, Bill, You're with me. Arthur, John and Jesse, you take the left side. If you see a shot, you take it." Dutch instructed and he paused to see if there we're any objections, non, "Okay? Goodluck, gentlemen." He finally said.

The two groups took their separate ways. John, Jesse and Arthur crouched down and silently walked around the garden to find an opening for them. John saw two guards up ahead.

"See those two? Stay out of sight." He said to both of them.

They took cover behind two pillars.

"You got a shot on 'em?" John asked, and Arthur just hummed and shot both guards dead.

In a moment, all hell broke loose. The group shot up as may guards that keep coming from the house. They move up to it to get closer to what they're shooting at.

"We're coming for you, Bronte! Send out every man you got!" Dutch said.

They continue to fire until their guns got empty to reload time and again.

"Just give up, you bastard! It's over!" John shouted and Jesse joined in on the yelling.

"Your guards aren't gonna help you any time soon, you son of a bitch! Might as well walk out here so we can save ourselves some bullets." He yelled in Bronte's native language, hoping he'd understand with all the gunshots ringing in their ears.

"What the hell does that mean!?" Bill asked.

"AIN'T THE TIME TO TRANSLATE, BILL!" Jesse yelled back as they all continue to shoot up the place.

It finally got quiet and evert finally got quiet and ever guard is either dead or injured on the ground.

"This is not over yet! Head to the house!" Dutch said and they all followed.

They all took position, John and Dutch on either side of the door, Bill and Lenny in front of them, Arthur in front of the door and Jesse right behind him.

"Shoot that lock, Arthur." John suggested.

Jesse threw him his shotgun and Arthur shot open the lock.

"Good! Now kick that damn door in!"

Arthur did just that and two guards immediately appeared in front of Arthur, Jesse was quick to shoot both and Arthur mumbled a 'thanks' before running into rooms to fine Bronte, shooting up the place as they go. The back door was opened by two more guards and they all took care of that.

Finally, guards have been cleared out, but Bronte still isn't found.

"Alright, let's spread out. He's hiding somewhere." Dutch said and Arthur's group start to go upstairs.

"Arthur, coming down the stairs." John warned, Arthur was quick enough to shoot the guy. "Bronte must be up there. Let's go."

They reached the upstairs.

"Let's spread out, Jesse, right hall. John, check this room up front. I'll check the left." Arthur instructed.

Jesse went straight to open a door and was only met by another guard. He shot him dead, no Bronte. Finally, he hears John call both him and Arthur to the other room. John, shot another guard and the two arrive behind him.

Bronte reveals himself from hiding in his bathtub. He aims a gun to the gunslingers but it didn't go off... so he resorted in to just throwing it at someone... John... The gun hit John's face and Jesse snorted and tried to stifle a laugh.

"Shut up." John said.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry friend, I..." he tried to think of an excuse, as the three cornered him, "no, name your price! Name your price, every man have a price." He tried to negotiate, he then turns to Jesse, "Jesiah, my friend, you understand, tell them I surrender, I surre-"

Jesse just punched the begging Italian, "I'm not your friend."

John walks over the body, "Should we kill him?" he asks.

"Nah, let's take him to Dutch." Says Arthur.

"You can carry him. I ain't touching that piece of shit." John says.

Arthur sighs and puts Bronte over his shoulder to carry.

"I think Dutch want to have a little chat, Mr. Bronte." Arthur says.

They quickly exit the bedroom as they heard police whistles sounding through the house, and Dutch calling the others to leave. Jesse and John lead Arthur downstairs.

"Come on, Morgan... we're getting the hell outta here!" Bill yells to him.

As the three reached downstairs, they all did their best to cover Arthur so he focus on carrying Bronte out of the house and unto the docks.

"Sorry, boys, nobody's going to jail today!" Dutch boastfully said as they shoot up cops this time around. "We gotta get out of here!"

"Ya' think!?" Jesse said as they move up to the docks, still covering Arthur.

They finally arrived at the docks and thankfully, Thomas was already there.

John and Jesse boarded the boat as well as Arthur and Bill.

"Put him in front. Bill, you help." Dutch instructed both men. He then turns to the house's direction as he waited for Lenny, "Oh, come on, Lenny." He whined.

The youngest man finally turns up and boarded the boat. "Let's get out of here." The leader said and Thomas immediately started paddling away.

It was so late at night and the men finally took a breather from all that shooting. A few moments later, Dutch walks over to Bronte and slaps him awake.

"Hey, big man. We gonna ransom you or what?" Dutch asked the tied up Italian.

Bronte scoffed, "You're pathetic." As he shifted his position.

"Oh, I am? 'Cause from where I'm sitting... you're the one deserving of pity my friend." The others silently chuckled, "All your men... all your money... it weren't no match for a bunch of bumpkins."

"You are nothing." Bronte hissed, "You do nothing. You mean nothing. You stand for nothing."

This made Dutch much more angry, but he hid it well for this moment.

"Me? I run a city..." Bronte laughed, "and when the law catch up to you... you will die like nothing. I am this country! You... you... you are what people are running from."

The others just stood there, waiting for what Dutch is about to do with all that.

"I possess things that you will never understand." Dutch calmly said.

"You don't even possess your own men." Bronte then looks around, "A thousand dollars to the man who kills him... and sets me free." He taunts.

Everybody just looked at him and doesn't move a muscle...

"Thank God, Micah isn't here, he wouldn't hesitate." Jesse whispered to John which made both of them chuckled, resulting in Arthur shushing them.

Dutch comes closer to Bronte, "What are you gonna say now?"

The Italian starts to shake, and stutter, "Th-They are even bigger fools than you."

"No doubt." Dutch says.

"The law will find you... already the dogs are on the way."

Dutch nods, "Oh, yeah." He then starts to get even closer to Bronte which made the other man terrified for his life, "Oh, you're right. You are so right." He grabs the back of the neck of Bronte. Arthur stood and looked around and everyone else did as they were all on edge with Dutch's future actions, "They are good at smelling, huh? So, filth has got to be... disposed of." He pushed Bronte's head underwater.

Jesse's face grimaced as that scene triggered something in him so he covered his mouth and looked away.

"Your friends the Pinkertons... gonna come and rescue you?" Dutch continued as he lifted Bronte's head, "You repulsive little maggot!" and dunks him in water again.

Jesse looked back and his brows furrowed but his eyes were widened with shock? Confusion? Anger? And so did Arthur and the others.

Dutch kept dunking Bronte, "Call them, now! You call them!" the leader threatens as the whole group watched him like he was doing the most inhumane thing he has done... maybe it is. Jesse kept his hand on his mouth but his eyes are both on Arthur or John.

He saw Arthur's face showed the look of doubt as he watched Dutch continually drown Bronte until his last breath. Arthur... he's just in shock of what Dutch has become, he's starting to question his mentor. John looks over to Jesse who was close to tearing up because he hasn't closed his eyes for a moment.

Dutch finally dropped Bronte off board of the boat as an alligator came into view.

"Jesus." John starts, "What part of your philosophy books cover... feeding a feller to a damn alligator, Dutch?" he asks ecstatically as the others exit the boat and onto the docks.

Jesse waited for Arthur and John so he listened in as he still was in shock.

"The part that covers weakness. That part." Dutch answered.

"I don't know-"

"Well I do!" Dutch raised his voice again but at John which shocked the younger man as well. "It ain't nice, I know it." He says as he exits the boat about to pass by Jesse.

"Oh, you do?" Jesse asked sarcastically without looking at him... his gaze was fixed on the predator, as well as Arthur and John.

"Yes... but it is us... or him... I figure it might as well be him." Dutch finally said and walked away from the three men he called 'his sons'.

Arthur and John finally Joined Jesse on the docks and they all looked at each other, speechless. They looked back at the swamp... They were all confused, they were too stunned to speak... except for Jesse.

He sighed, "Well, shit."

Tahiti Source (Pls don't attack me :') ) :

 https://www.tahiti.com/ travel /about-tahiti 

AN: Had to break it up cuz it's a link, just don't add space. Hope ya'll enjoyed !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 356 63
**THIS STORY IS FOR MATURE READERS (18+) ONLY! ** ALL THE TRIGGER WARNINGS!!! (For some reason it keeps turning off the mature button and I keep havi...
25.1K 666 19
COMPLETED!!βœ”οΈ This is an Arthur Morgan X reader story, with you as the main character. You work as a brothel lady in the town called Valentine, and y...
9.1K 269 53
The Wild West had seen it's fair share of gunslingers, whoremongers and murderers. It's in the late 1880's and a new gang has arisen: the Van der Li...
20.7K 657 32
"We do more than hunting... We're hunted" "If we have to fight, we fight. If we have to run, we'll run If we must die, we'll die, But... We'll stay f...