Unrequited? Air at Sea

By StoriDen

Please read my ohm and nanon Fanfic story. Unrequited: The Series. It's my very first book. Ari and Tee have... More

1. The end is only a beginning.
2. Clean-Break
3. Missing
4. The Baddie Next Door
5. Messy
6. Weak
7. Lets talk about it
8. I love you
9. Change?
10. Playing Straight
11. Anew View
12. Spooky
13. An Autumn Night
14. Steal me away
15. Bully
16. I got you
17. Breakfast
18. The Creeper
19. Not enough
20. The Pop Up
21. Second & Third Thoughts
22. New?
23. Addiction
24. Trying
25. One-sided? When?
26. Pizza & Beer
28. Baby?
29. Silk
30. Punished
31. Dog walk
32. See you soon
33. Cheater!
34. The Pretty Woman
35. Tucked
36. Uncle!
37. De ja Vu
38. Another Ending/Beginning?
39. Parting sorrows
40. Who am I?
41. What am I?
42. Thanks & Apologies
43. -Murder Business-
44. BFF
45. Milk & Honey
46. Hungry
47. Hungry 2
48. A Fugue
49. Sweet Dreams
50. Bickering Brothers
51. Bath time
52. Bath time Part 2
53. Common Ground
54. Who?
55. Wait! What?
56. Stripper?
57. Shards
58. Rage!
59. What do you want?
60. Mind Games?
61. The Air at Sea
62. Three's Company
63. Revelation.

27. Community

71 5 4
By StoriDen

-Bryce-

"Cassie, what do you mean by make an enemy of the the whole Arts department? Sounds nefarious." I ask after the front door slams shut for a second time.

The red head takes a deep breath to calm herself before taking a long gulp of her beer.

She slams the empty can a little to hard against the wooden coffee table as she squats down to sit beside her girlfriend.

"A few years ago Greyman was not what is was today. The blatant racism and homophobia was beyond what anyone would call casual. Also, the head of the university did barely anything about it. He was a complete tool, useless fucking prick.
Well, three years ago a trans boy from the Arts department decided to pledge in Greymans oldest fraternity. He was warned against it but the men in his family had always pledged there. Since his family are legacies the University head stepped in and told them they had to let him pledge. What came out later was that he also told them to use any means to deter him. Those block heads took it as a go ahead to haze him to death."

Aries eyes go big, "He died? How?"

"They tormented him day and night. Saying things like if you're a real man do this. Man up tranny. One night they goated him into drinking a gallon of vodka by himself. They left him alone completely drunk out of his mind. The next morning he was found floating in the pool. He had drowned sometime during the night.
After that the school was slammed back to back with lawsuits from the family while losing one of their oldest benefactors. The students and teachers in the Art department were outraged. They banded together and organized protests and sit ins. Which inspired many of the other students who had been going through the same thing to step up and act out. Many more lawsuits flooded in from teachers and students alike. There was so much proof of how the school blatantly didn't protect them no matter how many times they asked for help. It got so big the press started to cover the story. It was on CNN. The university lost hundreds of millions from the court cases, and settling with the complaints. The university head was disgraced and subsequently replaced. Not just him but many useless alumni who knew this was happening and failed to act. After the new head took over there was a massive reform in cooperation with many students and faculty of the Arts department. I don't know why but most of the queers that go to this school are Arts majors. Anyway, since then no one wants beef with the Art department." Cassie says as she picks up Nickies beer to drink.

"Actually I did hear about that case. Didn't Nancy Grace cover it?" I ask her.

"Yup. It was a huge to do. Many staff were let go and a lot of students were expelled or transferred. Now the school has zero tolerance for the type of shit Bree was spewing. The school is not trying to lose anymore money. Many of the cases are still going on. So when a problematic student surfaces they will get transferred, or mandated to do endless workshops and sensitivity groups until they lose their shit and withdraw. If they are lucky but if they aren't depending on how bad the offense they might be expelled immediately."

"I'm glad to hear that." I say with a genuine smile. I take a deep breath relieved that at school Arie won't have to deal with the shit she used to.

Cassie turns to look at Arie, "Don't worry hun no one will give you a tough time."

Arie smiles tentatively. "I just met you. Why are you being so nice?"

"It's not being nice Arie. It's doing the right thing. If we don't speak up for one another people get hurt. Us queers have to watch each others back. United we stand, divided we fall. Next time you see one of us having a tough time do the same. There's nothing worse than to feel like you're fighting alone." She says with so much sincere conviction goosebumps prickle my arms.

"I like you Red. You're a badass." I say with a smirk as I admire her fiery red hair. It's perfectly fitting this girl does not play. I respect that.

Cassie considers it. "If doing the right thing is bad ass then I guess so." She shrugs casually as she lifts her pizza slice and takes a giant bite.

-Caleb-

The moment the heavy conversation drops Nickie, Cassie, and Bryce fall into a lighter topic. I think it's about pride festival but I barely hear them. I catch every other word if that.

I'm staring at Arie.

Her long lashes flutter as her gaze finds me.

My heart aches and I smile like a schoolboy getting caught admiring his crush.

"What?" She asks me.

"Have you seen the balcony?"

She shakes her head and a curl falls directly in front of her left eye. I reach over and gently brush it behind her ear before moving to stand.

I slip my hand into hers as I lead her out to balcony.

"You're not playing fair you know that?" I tell her the moment I pull the glass door closed behind us.

She sits Indian style on one of the lounge chairs.
"Why do you say that?" She asks.

"I already thought you were ridiculously gorgeous. This hair is taking it too far."

Arie rolls her eyes.

I take a seat beside her, "You don't think you look gorgeous?"

"I didn't realize I was coming off as an attention whore."

"You're letting what Bree said bother you?"

"No....Yes. It's a lot of things if I'm being honest. The truth is people look at me whether I want them to or not. Sometimes I get this attitude like might as well give 'em a show."

"You don't have to go out of your way. You are a show."

"What do you mean?"

"You're beautiful but it's much more than that. It's your inside being that really shines the most."

Arie cringes, "Ugh, you are so cheesy."

I laugh at her expression.

"It's true. There is a kindness in your spirit. You shine. When people see it they can't help but admire it."

She rolls her eyes.

"I wish. People aren't nice to me. Most people treat me like Bree does or worse."

"I don't believe that."

"It's the truth."

"Then how come I see so many people around you that adore you?"

"Who?"

"Tee, Mrs. Audrey and her husband. Your parents, and sister. Bryce, Nickie, now Cassie and Cassie hates everyone. Me...I can't even look at you without turning to goo in front of those sparkly hazel eyes. It isn't fair. I think that it's easy for most people to only see the bad. You think of the Trent's and Brees and assume their opinions are the norms but that isn't the case. The same beauty that many admire I'm sure inspires a lot of jealousy."

"You don't know me. I could just deserve it."

"True but I trust my instincts. My instincts tell me to protect you. Can I?"

"I don't need protection."

"It never hurts to have an extra set of eyes on your back. Will you let me look out for you?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"No. I don't know what happened with Trent but as long as your with me I won't let any low life like him near you."

She considers my words then smiles.
"Thank you." She says sweetly.

"For what?"

"For being so nice to me. I don't know if I deserve it but I don't think that matters. Thank you for wanting to be there for me."

"You don't have to thank me."

Arie smiles warmly as she leans forward and places a quick peck against my lips.

"I don't think your playing fair either." She accuses me with an arched brow.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you always this charming?"

I chuckle, "Basically. Why? Are you falling for me?" I ask as I lean forward.

Aries eyes look like saucers as I swiftly pin her against the chair.

"You say I'm not playing fair. You're dangerous." She mutters with this innocence that I don't expect.

"Are you scared Arie?"

An odd expression befalls her face at my statement.

"What is it?"

She blinks rapidly, "Just de ja vu."

Her aura irks me deep inside in a way I'm not ready to examine. I take hold of her chin forcing her gaze to meet mine.

"Whoever he is I'll make you forget him." I tell her before sealing the promise with a kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 1.8K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
209K 10.5K 84
The new, geeky kid in school gets partnered with a popular jock in biology. He believes that geeks and jocks can't be friends until this particular j...
26K 1.3K 32
'Everyone warned me to stay away from him, but I was naive to give him a chance and they were right... HE IS A WALKING RED FLAG!! ' . . This is a sto...
230K 6.8K 68
Gay romance mxm (MATURE!!. Smutty) (NOT mpreg) ⚠️🔞⚠️ Kai and Shadow have been best friends forever, but not long after their eighteen birthday, they...