𝙎𝙐𝙎𝙋𝙄𝘾𝙄𝙊𝙐𝙎 𝙈𝙄𝙉𝘿...

By lokiuscanon

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ɴ ʀᴏʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛꜱ ʜɪꜱ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ɪɴ ᴛᴇɴɴᴇꜱꜱᴇᴇ'ꜱ ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛʜᴇᴀʀᴛ *BASED ON THE ELVIS MOVIE - (not t... More

𝐒𝐔𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐒
! 𝘈𝘊𝘛 𝘖𝘕𝘌 !
〘 - 𝟎𝟏: 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬
〘 - 𝟎𝟐: 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞
〘 - 𝟎𝟑: 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐲
〘 - 𝟎𝟒: 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐲
〘 - 𝟎𝟓: 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬
〘 - 𝟎𝟔: 𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐈𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧
〘 - 𝟎𝟕: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐀 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰
〘 - 𝟎𝟖: 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
〘 - 𝟎𝟗: 𝐈𝐟 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞
〘 - 𝟏𝟎: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐭
〘 - 𝟏𝟏: 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲
〘 - 𝟏𝟐: 𝐌𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥
〘 - 𝟏𝟑: 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞
〘 - 𝟏𝟒: 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠
〘 - 𝟏𝟓: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
〘 - 𝟏𝟔: 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝟏𝟎𝟏
〘 - 𝟏𝟕: 𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐚 & 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬
〘 - 𝟏𝟖: 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬
〘 - 𝟏𝟗: 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬
〘 - 𝟐𝟏: 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑂𝑛𝑒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲
〘 - 𝟐𝟐: 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜, 𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑒: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐲
! 𝘈𝘊𝘛 𝘛𝘞𝘖 !
【 ↬ 23: 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘭𝘺
【 ↬ 24: 𝘚𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
【 ↬ 25: 𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘥𝘴
【 ↬ 26: 𝘐𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘴 𝘖𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘈 𝘒𝘪𝘴𝘴
【 ↬ 27: 𝘚𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘌𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
【 ↬ 28: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘺 - 𝘊𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘈𝘧𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳
【 ↬ 29: 𝘛𝘰𝘰 𝘔𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘦
【 ↬ 30: 𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘳
【 ↬ 31: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳
【 ↬ 32: 𝘙𝘶𝘯 𝘛𝘰 𝘠𝘰𝘶
【 ↬ 33: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘢𝘭
【 ↬ 34: 𝘖𝘶𝘳 𝘓𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵
【 ↬ 35: 𝘊𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭
【 ↬ 36: 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦
【 ↬ 37: 𝘎𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴
【 ↬ 38: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘜𝘱 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘭
! 𝘈𝘊𝘛 𝘛𝘞𝘖: 𝘗𝘈𝘙𝘛 𝘛𝘞𝘖 !
【 ✷ 39: 𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙁𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮
【 ✷ 40: 𝙈𝙧. & 𝙈𝙧𝙨. 𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮
【 ✷ 41: 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡
【 ✷ 42: 𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚
【 ✷ 43: 𝙒𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝘽𝙚 𝘼𝙡𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
【 ✷ 44: 𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙨
【 ✷45: 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙏𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚
【 ✷ 46: 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣
【 ✷ 47: 𝙎𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙩 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙
【 ✷ 48: 𝙊𝙝 𝘽𝙖𝙗𝙮!
【 ✷ 49: 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙏𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙨
【 ✷ 50: 𝘿𝙖𝙮 𝙣 𝙉𝙞𝙩𝙚
【 ✷ 51: 𝘽𝙖𝙗𝙮 𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧
【 ✷ 52: "𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠" 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙨
【 ✷ 53: 𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙖 𝙇𝙖𝙨 𝙑𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙨
【 ✷ 54: 𝙊𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙉𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
【 ✷ 55: 𝙐𝙡𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚
【 ✷ 56: 𝙇𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙄𝙣 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣
Lisa Marie
【 ✷57: 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙒𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙮 𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚
【 ✷58: 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙑𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝘽!𝙩𝙘𝙝
【 ✷58.2: 𝙃𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧
【 ✷59: 𝙏𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣' 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝘽𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨
! 𝘈𝘊𝘛 𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌 !
【 ♛ 60: 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 & 𝘚𝘶𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘯
【 ♛ 61: 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑐𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑒
【 ♛ 61.5: 𝐼𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔
【 ♛ 62: 𝑊𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝐸𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝐺𝑖𝑟𝑙𝑠
【 ♛ 63: 𝑁𝑜 𝑅𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑔𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛
【 ♛ 64: 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝐼𝑠 𝑀𝑒 𝑇𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔
【 ♛ 65: 𝑊𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑀𝑦 𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑅𝑖𝑐𝑜𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑡
【 ♛ 65.5: 𝑂𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑤
【 ♛ 66: 𝑆𝑎𝑙𝑣𝑎𝑔𝑒
【 ♛ 67: 𝐵𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑃𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡
【 ♛ 68: 𝐵𝑜𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐾𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒
【 ♛ 69: 𝐼𝑛 𝑀𝑦 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡
【 ♛ 70: 𝑊𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑀𝑦 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝐵𝑢𝑟𝑛
【 ♛ 71: 𝐼𝑠 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑛𝑑?
【 ♛ 72: 𝐼𝑠 𝐼𝑡 𝐴 𝐶𝑟𝑖𝑚𝑒
【 ♛ 73: 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐴𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑠 𝑊𝑒'𝑣𝑒 𝑀𝑎𝑑𝑒?
! 𝘈𝘊𝘛 𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌: 𝘗𝘈𝘙𝘛 𝘛𝘞𝘖 !
【 ♛ 74: 𝙍𝙚𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨𝙖𝙡𝙨
【 ♛ 75: 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙉𝙚𝙬
THE WARDROBE
【 ♛ 76: 𝘼 𝙍𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙥𝙨𝙚
【 ♛ 77: 𝘼 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙄𝙣 𝙃𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮
【 ♛ 78: 𝙊𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙉𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
【 ♛ 79: 𝘽𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙙
【 ♛ 80: 𝙎𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙡' 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨
【 ♛ 81: 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙀𝙧𝙖 #727474773
WHY DID I EAT
【 ♛ 82: 𝙐𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙧 𝙈𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚
ALERT ALERT ALERT
...i did it

〘 - 𝟐𝟎: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬

4.3K 160 170
By lokiuscanon

a/n
this is colette's dress for nye if u don't like it u can always envision something else
also these next three chapters will be picked up in speed

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
📌 NEW YORK
Manhattan Hotel
1957
MISTAKES ARE INDEED PRESENT
━━━━━━━━┓ ┏━━━━━━━━

RUTH OPENED THE door to Elvis standing there in the doorway with a box of chocolate and small bouquet of flowers in his grasp.

"She still asleep?" he questioned in a low whisper.

"If she wasn't, she'd be the one answering the door." Ruth took a small step back to allow for him to walk in. "How'd you know what room we were stayin' in?" she paused. "Please don't tell me that you bribed the receptionist or somethin'."

Elvis set the box and flowers down on the nearby coffee table as he carefully eyed Colette's sleeping form that was facing the wall, slipping his jacket off and tossing it down as well. "Then I ain't goin' tell you." he toed off his shoes and made his way over to the bed.

Ruth groans inwardly, bringing a hand up to pinch the bridge of her nose. "Do you understand the gossip that's gon' come out of this?"

"I'm well aware." Elvis lightly glared at the middle Campbell as he carefully laid down on his side beside Colette.

"'Elvis Presley searches for the Campbell sisters room with roses and chocolate'." she mutters in a newscaster's voice before a deadpan appeared on her face. "Are you fuckin' stupid? Do you not think—"

"Of course I don't think when it comes to her!" he seethed in a low whisper at an attempt to not awaken her. "Sh—She was upset, cryin' to me on the phone, and I just..." he trails, breaking eye contact to look down at the girl as he moves a curl from out of her face. "I couldn't bear just sittin' around in Graceland  knowing that she was in distress — hurts my soul when she's troubled."

Ruth's icy demeanor fell as she let out a berated breath, a small frown appearing on her lips. She then grabs her coat and wrapped it around herself, looking at Elvis sternly. "Listen, I gotta go meet up with Elizabeth downtown. Just...be careful, please? The last thing that we need is the tabloids finding...this out."

As if they don't already know.

Elvis gave her a stern nod before focusing his attention back on her sister, delicate fingertips gently running across her sharp cheekbones.

Ruth smiled a bit at the scene before backing up towards the door and leaving the room, shutting it behind her.

The sound of the door closing and the extra weight in the bed caused for the youngest Campbell to stir.

"Hey mama." he drawls softly. "I'm here."

Colette's eyes fluttered open drearily to meet his big blue ones. Still clearly very drowsy, she snuggled deeper into him and held him tight to her body. "Elvis." she hummed out.

"I'm here darlin'."

• • •
📌 STARDUST DINER

Ruth's food was untouched as she stared at her older sister who was devouring hers.

Elizabeth put another forkful of hash browns into her mouth before her eyes peered up at Ruth. "What?" she questions in a muffle.

"Don't what me." she said monotonously. "What the hell was that yesterday?"

She wiped the corner of her mouth with a napkin and swallowed, eyes feigning innocence. "What was what?"

"The deal, Elizabeth!" she exhaustedly exclaimed. "The deal!"

"Oh, that?" she replies in a nonchalant tone, shrugging. "Last time I checked, you agreed to it too." she rose her glass of mimosa to her mouth and sipped.

"Yeah and i'm regrettin' it." she pauses, sitting up a little straighter to stare her down. "What's your play here?"

"I'm offended that you believe that I ain't accept this deal out of the goodness of my heart — to help our sister...blossom." she says in faux offense, an equally as offended hand on her chest.

"Don't bullshit me, Elizabeth." one of her hands slammed down on the table in emphasis — eyes wild and angry. "Why did you accept the deal after all the shit that we talked about? After the investigatin'? Are you gonna try to sabotage Collie or did you accept it because you're just a money hungry moron."

"My dear sister, I have a plan." she stated matter of factly. "If we completely ditch Hudson, how are we gonna truly investigate him? If we drop him and he is guilty, his rich ass prob'ly gon' flee the US. He needs a reason to stay." she took a small pause. "Quite frankly, you're a hypocrite."

"Oh gee, how am I the hypocrite?"

"You also accepted the deal." she rolled her eyes.

"I did it to help Colette, not to help myself unlike you. Deep down you know you're doin' this for the money, not to solve daddy's death."

Elizabeth let out a long dramatic sigh, lightly shaking her head at her sister before pulling out her wallet and leaving some money at the table. She slid on her shades and rose from her seat with her purse in grasp. "Seems as if we're both playin' our own games then, huh?" she chided. "I'm hosting a New Year's eve wine party on Thursday. You and Colette can come if you'd like, you know the address." she began walking off before halting for a moment to look at her. "And dress to impress, the press will be there."

And with that, she strutted out of the diner.

Ruth's brows were tightly knitted together in complete and utter confusion at Elizabeth's confident and even further cocky behavior.

She was acting like she won something...there was no extreme blunt bitchiness or prevalent insecurity.

Just confidence.

And Ruth didn't like it one bit.

• • •
📍MANHATTAN
2 Days Later

Colette fiddles in her seat of the limousine anxiously as it drives down the busy streets full of life.

The wine party is more than just a wine party, everyone who isn't a nobody is invited. Celebrities, rich socialites, actresses, singers, you name it.

Which means enormous amounts of paparazzi....which is why Elvis isn't riding in the same vehicle as Ruth and Colette.

Originally, Elvis wasn't even gonna go at all but for the sake of not trying to be caught by housekeeping in the Campbell sisters hotel room, it was for the best that he went.

Except, there were rules.

No affectionate glances.

No touches.

No long conversations.

No acting as if they knew one another.

And that was absolutely killing them both.

"Hey." Ruth softly said, nudging her heeled foot with hers. "You okay?"

"Peachy." she mumbled back hoarsely as flashing lights invaded the car simultaneously, grimacing. "Just thinkin' about the terrible photos of me that'll be up in the paper tomorrow."

The older sister lightly laughed as the limo came to a halt as she adjusted her silk body-con dress. "They always be gettin' good photos of you — you're the photogenic one. Me on the otherhand..."

This made Colette snort. "Remember when they got a picture of you mid—"

"Okay!" she interrupted. "I don't need to relive my traumas."

In this moment, the two sisters broke out into small cackles.

Once they died down, they gave one another a soft look — feelings of appreciation and sisterly love ran through their bodies.

"Everything is gonna be okay tonight, y'know." Ruth told her, sincerity in her eyes.

Colette blew out a breath from in between her lips and deflated against her seat, eyeing the flashing window beside her. "I hope you're right."

The limo then came to a stop directly in front of the mini red carpet that led into the penthouse which was surrounded by paparazzi as well as ropes that held fans back.

Definitely not a wine party.

Colette sat up straighter and sighed heavily. "Elizabeth and her dramatics."

"You ready?" she asks with a small grin.

"No." she replied in a sigh as the door opened.

Screams immediately erupted from the crowd as Colette stepped out of the vehicle with a wide and genuine smile.

Though she was dreading the night, the fans and the energy kept her mood afloat.

The love that she has for the applause will eventually be her doom.

The lights continued to flash as she strutted down the carpet and casually waved to fans until a journalist came up to her.

"Ms. Campbell!" the tall man rushed over with a small tape recorder. "The lady of the night! How're you feeling tonight, Ms. Campbell?"

In that moment, she completely forgot about her sister who had been right behind her as the focus was placed directly upon her.

Colette immediately slipped into her confident fatale alter ego — pulling her lips into a lazy smirk and relaxing her eyes. "Oh, just absolutely astonished. There's a lot of energy and vivaciousness." she paused and looked him up and down. "A lot of handsome fellas."

His face flushed slightly as he cleared his throat with a stupid grin. God, men are so easy. "Right, and who are you wearing on this vivacious evening?"

"Well..." she trailed off and looked down at her dress. "I'm wearin' Yves Saint Laurent all the way down to my toes." she shrugged with a smug smile. "Just picked it up today."

"You are just a dime." the journalist accidentally blurted out which is obvious because his face turned beet red.

"Oh darlin', you're a sweet thing, ain't ya?"she cooed as her hand came up to trace his shoulder for a second.

"Is that Ms. Colette Campbell?!" a familiar voice called out.

Colette looked over her shoulder to find Hudson walking over to her with open arms and a cheshire smile.

"Is that Mr. Manager?" she said back with her own expressive twinkle.

When he was close enough, they closed the gap between them in a tight hug.

Hudson pulled away with his hands rested on her hips. "You look stunning."

"Oh, I know I do." she gave him a wink.

The journalist chuckled a bit. "It's nice to have you here, Mr. Lackley! How's Songbird business going as their manager?"

Hudson turned towards the man, keeping a snug arm around Colette's waist which had the two very close to one another. "It's going great, sir. I couldn't ask for better girls to work with — especially this little star over here." he lightly squeezed her to add emphasis and glanced down at her with adoration.

"Oh stop." she hid her impending blush with the back of her hand.

"Now, there's been some newspaper gossip..." the journalist trailed off. "About the two of you, any words to dispel or confirm?"

She was about to deny it until Hudson spoke up first. "Not confirming...but also not denying." he sent a cunning wink to the man.

Colette was about to look up at him to send a glare his way until the deadly shrieks of women invaded her ears.

The duo looked over their shoulders to find Elvis Presley, looking handsome as ever, stepping out of his limousine...

...also looking straight at them with stony eyes and a clenched jaw.

Hudson's arm suddenly felt extremely misplaced and she quickly unraveled herself from him as she watched Elvis walk towards them.

No.

Stop.

Don't do this.

Colette's eyes were pleading as he continued to approach them, mingling with some of the fans along the way.

"My man!" Elvis greeted, sending a manly passive aggressive pat onto Hudson's arm. "How've you been?"

This little shit.

"I've been good." Hudson replied, jaw clenched.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" the journalist questions with furrowed brows.

"Know each other from RCA, ain't that right?" he gripped onto his shoulder aggressively once more. From an outside perspective, it looks like dudes being dudes but of course it's everything but that.

"RC—hold on, The Songbirds got signed onto RCA?!"

"We did." Colette confirmed, nodding stiffly and shifting uncomfortably. "Now if you excuse me, I should go find my sister." she quickly scurried away and into the venue.

Even the main lobby was filled to the brim with people — music played loudly.

The scent of sweaty bodies and alcohol permeates her nose as she forced herself through the crowd and to the elevator.

She pressed on the button to the penthouse and leant against the wall as the doors began to—

A body throws itself into the machine.

"What the—" Colette cut herself off in frustration. "Get out!" she exclaimed, flaring an arm out towards the lobby.

Elvis stood beside her unwavering as the doors shut closed. "You get out."

"Kinda can't do that now." she huffed in annoyance. "What the hell was that out there? We have a plan! Do you understand how ri—"

"—Risky that was, yeah I do." he paused in faux thought. "Funny how you seemed pretty comfortable all pressed up against another white man, though. Ya didn't see the risk in that?" he turned his head to look down at her with a harsh glare.

Colette's mouth fell in shock at his words but before she could even defend herself, the doors opened and Elvis left.

His body disappeared into the sea of the crowd as multiple people began to pull him each and every way including women.

She wrapped her sherpa tighter around herself and held her head high as she ambles in with her heels clicking with every step.

A couple of whistles rang out as the horde parted to her will like Moses parting the Red Sea.

Her eyes found Elvis', whom was sitting down at the bar surrounded by women that were batting their eyelashes at him who he clearly wasn't interested in because his gaze was set on her.

She narrowed her eyes at him momentarily before Elizabeth came barreling towards her — stumbling.

"My little Collie!" she cried out in excitement, hands gripping her forearms to balance herself. "You came!"

Colette's eyes widened a fraction as she eyed her sister's unbalanced form and whiskey coated breath. "Are you drunk?"

"Pfft," she scoffed. "I 'ly had one little sip of a martini."

She rose a brow at her in disbelief.

Elizabeth pouts and looked down at her feet. "Maybe a couple of little sips."

"Yeah, I think so too." she grabbed one of her arms to drape over her shoulder as she began to guide her to her room. "Let's go."

Elizabeth's feet were dragging against the floor as she continued to mumble incoherently. "Thought you weren' gon' show."

"Can you pick up your damn feet." she urged in annoyance as she continued to guide her down the hall and away from the party.

"You just too good for dis' whirl, Collie."

Colette pushed her bedroom door open and curse words began to fall from her lips when she found two strangers on the bed in an intense makeout session.

"What the fuck!" she screeched. "Get out of my sister's room you fuckin' freaks!"

The couple immediately recognized who was shouting at them and scurried out.

Colette walked deeper into the room, shutting the door closed with her foot and dragging Elizabeth onto the bed where the older sister slumped down on.

She then walked into the connected bathroom in search of any painkillers for the morning.

"Why did you drink so much." she muttered mostly to herself as she ventured back in with two pills in her palm.

"Because nothin' matters." Elizabeth said, staring up at the ceiling blankly. She scoffed out a small self-deprecating laugh. "You shouldn' be helpin' me."

Colette paused for a second as she slowly set the pills down beside the glass of water that was already there on the night stand.

Damn right, I shouldn't be helping you she wanted to say, but she refrained.

She carefully sat down on the side edge of the bed and looked down at her sister in almost pity...but that's when she realized something.

Where the hell is her husband?

"Where's..." she trailed, honestly forgetting what his name was.

"Liam." she said.

"Where's Liam?"

Elizabeth shrugged lazily. "Who knows...who cares."

"...I care." Colette spoke at a low voice level.

"No you don't." she shook her head as tears brimmed in her eyes. "And that's okay."

Colette has never seen her sister like this.

Drunk, yes.

Hopeless, no.

It scared her.

A knot began to form in her stomach as she shifted on the bed and eyed Elizabeth wearily — goosebumps sticking up on her skin.

"What's goin' on?"

She didn't respond — just stared at the wall above her.

"Lizzie..." she started. "Are you in trouble?"

"No." she shakes her head, a faint sad smile on her lips. "Not from anyone else."

Her brows pulled together in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Elizabeth finally looked over at her, melancholy smile on her face. She grasped her hand and squeezed it. "I don't deserve you."

Colette's body began to go into a mild panic mode. Something must've been wrong. "What's goin' on, Lizzie?" she urged again, squeezing her hand back.

"Only time will tell." she let go of her hand and closed her eyes. "I am sorry for treatin' you like dog shit. I hope you know that."

Colette chose not to respond, still alarmed.

...

As stated earlier, Elvis Presley is a territorial, possessive, jealous man.

When Ruth came back to the hotel talking about the party a day or so ago, he immediately didn't want to go.

All he wanted to do was bring his girl back home and spend the rest of the days that they have together doing domestic and wholesome things like they were doing for the past two days.

Going on midnight walks together in the quieter neighborhoods, ordering room service and cuddling up together to shield themselves from the cold with a good book....

...but no.

She just had to agree.

The fact that they couldn't even be in the same vicinity and had to act as if they were strangers honestly hurt him deeply.

It hurt him even more that Colette was the one who came up with the 'rules'.

Half of him understood it, but the other half just wanted to grab her face and kiss her in front of everyone and claim her publicly as his.

He knew what he was getting into when they first met and he knew what the possible consequences were if they got caught...

...but goddammit, he's starting to feel absolutely restless.

Elvis doesn't give a fuck about the government.

He doesn't give a fuck about the media.

He doesn't give a fuck on what the Colonel says about their relationship and how he 'must be careful.'

He. Doesn't. Fucking. Care — even more so than before.

Maybe it's selfish.

But if they had to move up North or to the West because of their relationship being exposed and subjected to the law, he would in a heartbeat — it's better than having to look over their shoulders 24/7.

Love is a dangerous thing.

And as he sits at the bar with all of these rich white socialistic daughters trying to catch his attention with their over exaggerated eye bats and cleavages, all he could think about was Colette.

He watched as she departs from the hallway that she was just carrying Elizabeth into minutes prior, with distress clear on her face as it looked as if she was searching for someone.

Elvis' foot twitched, his body wanting to leap onto his feet to see what was wrong but his brain forced him to stay seated.

Colette swerved in and out of the crowd until her face relaxed when her eyes landed on Ruth who was talking to some woman.

"Ruth." she gently tugged on her arm, whispering in her ear. "Lizzie is passed out drunk."

Ruth's eyes widened a fraction as she looked at her sister before looking back at the woman she was conversing with. "Excuse me."

The lady got the hint and walked away as the sisters turned in the other direction towards an empty corner of the penthouse.

"What do you mean passed out drunk?" she questioned, concern evident on her face.

"It means what it means, are you slow-witted." she sarcastically replied. "I walked in and she was stumblin' towards me. I brought her to her room and then she started sayin' weird things."

"Like?"

"Like how 'nothin' matters' and 'nobody cares' — I don't know!" she shrugged with raised brows.

Ruth pinched the bridge of her nose before letting out a long sigh. "Stay here, i'm gon' go check on her." as she began to saunter in the direction of the room, Colette grabbed her wrist.

"I'm comin' with you."

"No you aren't." she pried her hand off of her. "Stay here — it looks bad enough that the host isn't in the presence of the party, looks even worse if her sisters aren't around as well."

Colette lips pouted as she stepped away with a small nod. "Don't be too long."

Ruth nods back, sending a small comforting smile her way before descending towards the hallway.

Deciding that she was no longer in the partying mood, she makes a beeline for the unattended balcony.

Colette pushed through more people, ignoring the calls of her name, and grabbed onto the handle to pull the door open.

She stepped out as the cold air nipped at her skin and she let out a breath that she'd been holding all night while she stepped towards the railing.

Her elbows leant against the metal and her head hung, a lump forming in her throat.

Between Elvis being an asshole and her sister's uncharacteristic behavior, everything feels as if it's piling onto her. 

Sometimes she wishes that things could go back to how they were before the Club Handy incident with the preacher's nephew.

That guy must've had bad luck linked to him because ever since then, everything's gone to complete and utter shit.

"Hey."

She was so deep in her thoughts, that she didn't even hear the balcony door open.

Colette immediately recognized the voice as Hudson. "Mm." she hummed, a small response without turning around to look at him.

Hudson took a couple of steps to stand beside her, overlooking the city. "You know, my dad used to say that overlooking the city late at night is one of the most peaceful experiences known to mankind."

"Why is that?" she questioned, curiously glancing at him.

"Because, the city is filled with so many people and so many lives and you're practically just...watching — onlooking." he poetically explained before looking at her. "It's beautiful."

"I've never heard you sound so articulate." she teased with a small grin.

He rolls his eyes and nudged her. "Don't be an ass."

Colette smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes which he took note of as she looked away.

The minute that Hudson heard of the young Campbell girl, he was absolutely taken by her, like most men.

When he had finally met her, he was further entrapped.

Though he knew he had to keep it professional not only as a business partner, but now a manager, he couldn't help but to fall deeper into the essence of Colette Campbell.

She was talented, pretty, confident.

But she was also deep, emotional, a soft soul.

He has never met anyone like her, most people have never met anyone like Colette which makes her so furthermore special.

"Why are you starin'?" she asked, feeling his gaze.

"Just counting your freckles." he playfully poked her cheekbone with a cheeky grin.

Colette darted her head away and let a small laugh slip before trying to glare at him which inevitably failed. "I'm still mad at you."

"What'd I do now, sweets?"

"'What'd I do now'." she mimicked in an obnoxiously deep voice. "What you said to the journalist!"

"Oh that?" he scoffs, shaking his head. "I was just giving 'em a bone to chew at is all."

"Yeah well not everyone wants a bone to chew." she mumbled, gazing back out into the city.

"This about Elvis?" he asked.

"Who else would it be about?" she replies. "He's my boyfriend, y'know."

"Yeah, I know." he blew out a long breath from between his lips. "How'd y'all even meet in the first place?" his tone was minorly bitter.

Colette looks at him with a risen brow. "Why you say it like that?"

"Like what?" he questioned with a raised brow.

"Nevermind." she shook her head and sighed in defeat.

A small wave of silence fell upon their ears as cars honked and lights lit up from below.

"What else is bothering you?" he spoke, concern in his voice.

"Nothin'."

"I've known you long enough to know when you're upset." he reached out and grabbed her hand to lightly squeeze it. "You can tell me."

Colette concedes in a sigh and sucked her teeth. "Nothin', really. Just overthinkin'."

"Hm." he hummed in understanding. "When you wanna talk about it, i'm here."

She eyed him for a long moment, a small smile coming up on her lips before she gazed back out at the scenery.

"How's your battle wounds." she joked, referring to his injuries from the accident. "You're not wearing the arm brace."

"I'm not gonna be dishonest with you, i'm exceedingly high off of painkillers and scotch."

Colette breathed out a laugh and shook her head fondly at him. "I don't think that's healthy."

"I don't think so either." he said, laughing along as well and meeting her eyes.

As the laughter died down, their eyes lingered.

Her smile slowly fell into a small grin as she bowed her head down momentarily to break the intense eye contact.

Hudson wasn't thinking when he delicately scooped a strand of hair behind her ear which made her snap her head back up.

"What?" she says in a near whisper, noticing the sudden softness in his eyes and the equally as soft touch. "Why're you lookin' at me like that?"

His top teeth took his bottom lip hostage as he shakes his head. "Nothing." he said simply. "You're just nice to look at."

Colette's mouth ran dry as his hand fell down to cup her jaw, his thumb running along her cheekbone.

Hudson let out a minor berated sigh and let his hand fall to his side, maneuvering himself to face the city once more with an almost forlorn expression.

She swallowed down the lump in her throat and took a breath of her own to steady her racing heart — brows furrowing in almost confusion at whatever the hell just happened.

Her eyes then narrowed as she felt another presence staring at her from her peripheral.

While Hudson continued to bask in the night air, she turned her head towards the entrance back into the house, eyes instantly widening.

He saw.

Elvis stood there, rigid in the body but a look of betrayal and anger on his face. "Mm." he hummed, rolling his jaw and nodding. "Hm."

This caught Hudson's attention which caused for him to turn around to face the raven haired boy.

But the New York don didn't look as if he had been caught or frightened, no, he had a goddamn smirk on his face.

Colette didn't catch this as her whole body sent itself into complete and utter terror. "El, wait—" she cut herself off as he began to walk off back inside.

Colette followed right behind him, pushing past people as music played loudly in her eardrums mixed with the sound of her pounding heart.

When she was close enough, she managed to latch onto his wrist to halt him in place as she planted herself in front of him.

"It's not what you think." she immediately pleaded, looking up at him with wide eyes. "I don't know what he was thinkin'."

Elvis' jaw clenched harshly as he looked everywhere but at her, his head moving side to side in almost disbelief. "Well, what I think is that ya willin' to take the risk with em, so why don't you go on do that." he spat venomously.

Colette's heart fell completely out of her chest at his words, knees damn near buckling. "Wh—What do you mean?" she hesitantly said, voice weak.

He licked his lips and stuffed his hands in the pockets of his dress pants, shrugging. "Just give me space."

And with that, he walked around her and directly out of the party.

Colette stood there pale in the face — frozen in place in midst of the crowd.

Though the life around her was bustling, she was a direct contrast.

Everyone was smiling and joyful while she was the goddess of gloom.

"Hey." a hand was placed upon her shoulder, the concerned voice being recognized as her sister. "What happened?"

Colette simply shook her head as a storm played behind her eyes. "I just want to go home."

•••
📍MANHATTAN HOTEL

Colette ended up getting in the very first cab that she spotted and made it take her straight back to the hotel.

Ruth, as per usual, stayed to clean up Elizabeth's mess of a party as well as stayed to take care of her.

It's been around two hours.

Two hours of laying bone straight in the stiff cold bed.

Two hours of staring at the ceiling almost wide eyed in shock.

Two hours of radio silence from El—

The room door opens.

Elvis stepped into the dark room and closed the door behind himself with a shaky hand, followed by him locking it.

Colette sat up bone straight in the bed as she watched him toe off his shoes and shrug off his coat, hanging it up on the coatrack on the wall beside him.

Her eyes downcast to her duvet covered lap as her fingers wrung themselves together nervously.

The sound of him shuffling out of his spiffy attire came before the reverberation of his feet moving against the carpeted floor.

Colette expected for him to go for the empty bed that once accompanied Ruth but no.

"Move over." he demands as he planted himself in front of the side of their bed, his voice was deeper and thick with emotion.

Her head darted up as she looked at him in bewilderment, trying not to let her eyes trail down to his bare chest and fitted briefs.

Elvis' own blue eyes were trained on the wall slightly above Colette, still not looking at her directly.

After a few seconds of just pure short-circuiting confusion, she quickly moved over and allowed for him to slide in beside her.

He pulled the sheet and the covers over himself as he laid down on his back in the position that Colette once was in — obliviously staring at the ceiling.

Colette took a minute to scan over the features of his side profile, taking in his tight jaw, before flipping over so that her back was facing him.

The lump in her throat thickened which made her feel even more pathetic.

She's the one who fucked up, right?

She has no right to cry.

Several minutes of dead silence passed by minus Colette's casual sniffles and shuffles.

As she curled tighter into herself, she felt his body heat first before his strong arms snaked around her waist followed by his leg locking with hers and a chin on top of her head.

"I don't want to go to sleep upset with you." he admitted in a whisper. "My momma always told me to never go to sleep angry at the people you love — never know what could happen in the night."

Colette blew out a long breath and shut her eyes, a tear rolled down her cheekbone. "I'm sorry." she paused for a moment, trying not to let her voice waver. "I—I don't know why he did that. I should've just pushed him away o—or I don't know, I froze."

"It ain't your fault." he placed a kiss onto her temple and held her tighter. "You can't control others actions but...I couldn't help but to think why that wasn't me. Why wasn't I the one holding you? Why wasn't I the one talkin' to you on that balcony?"

Colette turned in his arms to face him. His watery eyes finally met her own as she cupped his jaw. "It's always you." she emphasized. "He's my manager, it's an act, and I very clearly need to have a talk with him about boundaries outside of interviews."

"Nah, there's no point." he shook his head lightly, pausing. "I see the way he looks at you. Tellin' him 'bout boundaries ain't goin' change nothin'."

Deep down, he understands that other people are gonna naturally see what he sees in her, and that he has absolutely no control over that — he had only came to that realization when he left the party to clear his head.

Elvis may see the way Hudson looks at her...but he also notices the way that Colette looks at himself.

Her gaze is always filled with tenderness that she lacks when she looks at Hudson or anyone else for that matter.

And that's how he realizes that she isn't the problem, she is truly his.

He's the one who wakes up with her in the morning and goes to sleep with at night.

He's the one who knows all of her secrets.

He's the one who knows every single inch of her skin.

Not Hudson, not any other guy, him.

That's what gives him peace of mind.

"I've gotta do somethin', Elvis." she protested. "I can't just let this go on."

"Do you love me?"

"Of course I love you."

"Then that's enough." he gave her a small smile, encircling his hand to rest on the back of her neck. "I'm sorry for walkin' out on ya like that, baby. I just needed some air — if I stayed in there any longer, I would've gone back out there to break his good hand."

Colette's mouth opened slightly to let out a small giggle. "How violent."

"Only for you." he pressed a kiss onto the tip of her nose before pulling back and giving her a serious look. "If he puts his hands on you again, you let me know, ya hear? Especially if he tries somethin' while i'm away, you tell me." he piped up again. "Matter of fact, if any fella tries anythin' tell me."

"I will."

"You swear?"

She raised her pinky up, wiggling it with a smile. "I pinky swear."

Elvis' face broke out into his classic goofy grin as he hooked his own pinky with hers, both of them leaning in to press their lips together.

"I love you." he said against her mouth.

"I love you." she replied softly.

Once pulled away, they settled wrapped in each other's arms, eyes slowly shutting as their breaths gradually began to even out—

"Wait, what time is it?" Elvis suddenly pulled back for a moment and craned his neck to look at the clock on the bedside table.

"El, lay back down." Colette complained, grasping at his shoulders.

12:01

"It's twelve, baby." he looked at her with a toothy grin. "Happy New Year, mama."

"It ain't goin' be a happy year if you don't lay back down!"

a/n
TWO MORE CHAPTERS UNTIL ACT 2 THANK GOD!!!

next chapter is gonna be a mini time-skip — the songbirds are gonna be going on tours and shit

ALSO, a very BIG DETRIMENTAL thing happens next chapter

any theories,?!??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 1.6K 35
short stories/imagines about austin butler (and some elvis) requests are open!
78.3K 1.1K 92
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐬." "𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥." ...
38.1K 960 23
Alexander Hamilton isn't okay. He can pretend he is. But he's really not. \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Appearance: musical ...
48.3K 647 25
𝚜𝚘... 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎? 𝖲𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅𝖺 𝖡𝗅𝗈𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖺 𝗌𝗆𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌, 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗈𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗋𝖾𝖽...