Amber & Honey ~ [DR3]

By rudimentals

Daniel knew he'd messed up the moment he saw her again in his teammates room. Amber knew it was a mistake fr... More

Summary & Playlist
1. Monza
2. Insane
IG - Good Luck Charm
3. Reintroduction
4. Friendly
5. Driver Rooms
IG - Good Evening
6. Movie Night
7. Breakfast
8. Australia
IG- Orange
9. Welcome Home
10. Farm
11. Think About Us?
IG - Together?
12. Imola
13. We shouldn't...
14. Preoccupied
IG- Think About Me
IG- Miami
15. Catch Up
16. Take a Hint
IG-Ferrari
17. Secret
18. The Wedding Guest
19. Traitor
20. Monaco
21. More Than That
IG-Favourite Place
22. Ride
IG- Update
23. Jump
24. Promise Me
25. Baku
26. Lando
IG- Montreal
27. Dare
29. Convenience
IG- 33
30. Silverstone
31. My Girl
IG- Sick
32. Date
33. Austria
IG- Birthday
34. 26
35. France
IG- Hot
36. Girlfriend
37. Liar
38. Sunday
39. Ignored
40. Hungary
IG- Santorini
41. Holiday Mode
IG - A While
42. Spiralling
IG - Summertime
43. Jet lag / LA
IG - Spa
45. The Gala
46. Raise a Toast
IG- Holland
47. The Water Bottle
48. Understanding
49. Bad Idea
IG- Como
50. Fast
IG- Monza
51. All Good
52. Three
53. Champagne
IG - 2022/2023
IG -2024
DR1. Monza
DR2. Australia
DR3. You + Me = 3
BONUS CHAPTER: What Happens in Vegas

28. Forget

12.3K 313 131
By rudimentals

Remember to vote and comment! Thank you so so much for reading!!

"I can't help it I'm so into you," - Massive, Drake

The music hums around us, the thoughts in my head spinning a little as I dance to the music, hips swaying, words to the song that's playing leaving my lips. I'm grinning at Carla who's holding onto my hand reflecting my expression. We've been like this practically the whole night and if I think about it too much I think I might explode with happiness. When I close my eyes it's like I can feel the beat running through my body, the alcohol coursing through me a little faster than it did before.

The night has been so fun! With the exception that Charles had to go home not long after we arrived. Pierre escorted him back to the hotel with an amused look on his face as he stumbled his was through goodbye's. He had started speaking a broken French-English hybrid and Pierre seemed to be the only one who could fully understand him at the end of it.

After that, the night had been pretty uneventful.

Carla and I danced together between drinks, never straying too far from the booth where everyone else was sat other than to go to the bathroom. The bathroom which we spent way too long applying selfies in the stunning mirrors reapplying lipgloss and joking around with one another. At one point George had even texted Carla to ask where we disappeared to, she ignored it and pulled me away from the mirror almost snapping my ankle in the process.

I knew I would regret wearing the heels.

Lilly had been texting me since her and Charles' call. As in, practically blowing my phone up with calls and texts. I simply sent her a selfie from the mirror of the bathroom in reply, telling her to go back to sleep. It's at least 4am back in the UK and she has work in a few hours. She doesn't need to worry about anything here, that includes how Charles received her number. Based on the intermittent buzzes of my phone within my bag I'm not sure she took my advice. I'm too scared to look at my phone now.

Everytime I take a look back to the booth where Daniel and everyone else is situated I find myself grinning. He's standing with a wide smile on his face, dancing around like an idiot and laughing with George, Carlos and even Max, who made a late appearance to the party surprising us all when he walked in. He and Daniel keep making eachother crack up with inside jokes and some weird noises they make.

I didn't realise how much my feet were hurting from these shoes until Carla pulls at my hand, away from the dance floor and towards the seats where the boys were situated. "You can't hide a thing on your face." Carla laughs as I pout. She sits herself down on George's lap and I set myself down beside Daniel. "You should've just said if your feet were hurting." As if by instinct his arm wraps around my shoulders holding me close to his body as he continues to chat to max. I don't miss the way Carla raises her eyebrows at the action, I don't know how to defend it. I don't want to defend it.

"I was having fun!" Is all I can say a smile on my face as I reach for a bottle of cool water on the table. I'd switched from alcohol about twenty minutes ago when Daniel asked if I was 'sure' I wanted another one. He's clearly taking his instructions from Lando to take care of me seriously.

"Amber!" Max calls seeing me sat down close him, I smile in his direction, leaning over Daniel to give him a hug. Smiling as I return the call of his name.

"You guys know eachother?" Daniel asks, his voice deep and loud over the music playing and eyebrows furrows. Max and I smile at eachother nodding.

"I flew with Max between Portugal and Barcelona last year." I explain leaning a little into Daniels's body. I'd gotten the week off of work and joined the Portuguese race last minute. I was meant to be going home but after going out for dinner with Lando, Max and Carlos it was instead decided that we'd all fly to Barcelona together. I spent the week with him, Lando and Checo.

"So everyone round here knew you before me?" Daniel asks faking a hurt look.

"I would hardly say everyone." I say with a shake of my head. I turn my attention back to Max. "Danny didn't even remember we'd met."

"I did!" Daniel defends a frown on his features.

"He thought I was some random girl in Lando's room." I say to Max who's mouth falls a little open at the information.

"How did you not realise?" Max asks Daniel his eyes entertained. "They have the same accent." He points out and I nod in agreement with his words. Lando and I do have a slightly different accent, the benefits of living in a bilingual household.

"Nah, let me explain." Daniel says with a shake of his head, his arm still resting against my body, pulling me in closer to him. "I just didn't expect to see her there."

"Her brother is a driver, what did you expect?!" Max says he's fighting a laugh and I'm wearing a victorious smirk directed at Daniel. I understand Daniel's defence that he didn't know I was Lando's sister, but still. Max leans over Daniel looking at me when he says "Hij is dom zeg." I nod in agreement with the words as Max just shakes his head at Daniel.

"Ja, dat wordt nu wel heel duidelijk!" Agreeing with Max, telling him that Daniel's stupidity has become clear to me now. Daniel is just staring at me with wide eyes looking confused as he takes in the conversation.

"Erm excuse me, what the fuck?!" Daniel is looking between us eyes wide at our conversation. "Since when can you speak Dutch?" He asks me, eyes wide. Judging from the shocked look on Daniel's face you'd think that I've grown a second head or something shocking.

Max is looking at me, hands gesturing to the man between us with another entertained shake of his head. "Ok, Hij is een idioot." He says quieter this time, the words more obvious. Daniel may have just proved his point as he stares at me with confused eyes.

"Ja." I agree again with max, a quick nod to him. "I don't use it a lot." Is all I say to Daniel who's still looking to me with wide eyes. "Mum speaks the flemish variant of Dutch." I admit with a shrug as I drunkenly let my body slump further into Daniel. Mum was adamant we could speak at least some of the language growing up. The variant being so close to Dutch meant that myself and Max could converse easily, winding up those around us. Lando didn't pick up the language as well as I did and gets just as irritated as Daniel around it.

"What the fuck?" Daniel repeats, eyes wide as they dart between me and Max. I am surprised it hasn't come up in conversation before now. I could've sworn when he came over at easter I spoke Dutch then. Ollie and I generally use it to sneak in curses around Mila without the risk of her picking anything up. Plus it's a good test of Lando's patience, which is always fun. "I don't like that I didn't know this." Daniel admits, lifting a bottle of beer to his lips and tilting the liquid into his mouth.

I pout a little in Daniel's direction, trying to show a little sympathy for him. Max is just watching him with entertained eyes. I suppose Daniel didn't really know I was Lando's sister so maybe it was unfair for me to expect him to remember me. The important thing is that he couldn't possibly forget me now.

"Wait! I love this song!" Carla beams at me from George's lap. She reaches for my hand and pulls me to my feet away from the guys.

"Sorry!" I call to max who's just watching the scene with a humoured look as Daniel says something to him that makes his eyes widen a little.

Don't Start by Dua Lipa plays around us and we sing along together loudly, hands flung in the air and head thrown back as we laugh and stumble around to the song together. We hold our phones to our mouths pretending their microphones as we run and dance around the dance floor not a care for anyone else around us, giggling between the chorus and verse.

When the song finishes and the next one begins George appears between us. Carla flings herself at him, falling into his arms with a dramatic lunge which has him wide eyed. I'm beginning to think my switch to water is a great idea compared to Carla who's been steadily drinking since we arrived. I've decided that today I know my limits...kind of.

I dance with myself as the song plays around us. I stay close to George and Carla as they kiss on the dance floor swaying my hips softly to the song.

Strong hands grip suddenly on my hips and start pulling me backward, my head flys to the left to see who's touching me heart rate rising.

The panic in me is instantly soothed when I see it's Daniel behind me, smiling at me lazily with eyes equally drunk as my own sobering ones. I grin in his direction, spinning around in my spot to face Daniel with a smile. He's looking at me with hot eyes as he squeezes the skin of my hips the same way he did when we were alone earlier.

"Is this stupid?" He asks in my ear, voice loud over the pounding music.

"Probably." I reply to him, my voice at an equal level to his.

"I couldn't leave you here alone." Daniel explains, his breath fanning against my ear. A shiver runs down my spine with the touch of his breath against me, his hand on my waist. I'm glad that he had saved me from third wheeling / dancing on my own. Especially if it means he'll drunkenly touch and grasp at my body.

Sober me would be so self conscious about having hands on me. Drunk me can't seem to have it in me to care. I'm just enjoying having Daniel so close. It's a further sign to me that I need to let Lando about this sooner rather than later.

Daniel rarely takes things seriously, but he takes dancing with me and singing along to the songs very seriously.  He goes between holding my hands and twirling me around infront of him to pulling my body close to him so I'm pressed against him. When the lights flash in my eyes as I flutter them close swaying my body in time with the music.

The song we're dancing to begins to get mixed into another one I'm not familiar with. Heat is radiating from my body and we're crowded into the dance floor. "Daniel?" I hum, my hands settle on his shoulders to steady myself. Daniel's hands grasp back on my hips as he has so many times tonight. He nods his head almost lazily at my call of his name. I lean up on my toes, towards his ear to make sure he can hear the words I'm about to say. "Take me home." I instruct firmly.

He stutters in his place for a second, hands falling from my waist as the words swirl between us. I sink back on to my heels, chewing down on my bottom lip, nervous at my brave words. Eventually he reaches for my hand linking his fingers with my own. "Don't have to tell me twice." He says brightly, eyes shining as he looks to me before tugging me away.

We head back to the table so I can collect my handbag and wave bye to Max before I'm pulled out the doors of the club. I shiver as the cool night air hits me, there's a misty drizzle in the air as Daniel presses his phone to his ear explaining to someone on the other side our whereabouts. He pulls my body against him with a lazy arm draped around my shoulders as we walk slightly down from the entrance of the club. I'm guessing so it's a more subtle pick up location. "Okay, see you in a moment, yeah thanks. Bye." He says quickly leaning to press a small kiss to the side of my head as we settle at the corner of the street.

Lazily I let my head fall to his shoulder, snuggling into him, the heat coming from his long body keeping me warm in the cool conditions. "I didn't forget you." Daniel mumbles. My ears are muffled from the loud music of the club but I still hear his words.

"You did." I point out plainly, turning to face Daniel. He's frowning slightly at my words a shake of his head.

"No I didn't." Daniel denies as he sways a little in his spot. He goes to stagger but I catch him with a light grasp of my hands. "Did you not listen to Michael? I never shut up about you for weeks!"

"That doesn't mean you remember me when we met again. I saw your face when you saw me in Lando's room." I point out and I'm smiling, entertained by Daniel's defiance. He only shakes his head again. I blink quickly, trying to focus my eyes on his flushed face and knitted curls.

"No!" He denies, his eyes are wide and he's fighting a grin. We're pawing at eachother to simply keep balanced. "Amber trust me, I knew. I was surprised to see you, but I knew who you were." He repeats adamantly pressing another kiss to the side of my head. I lean up again on my tiptoes and press a kiss to his stubbled cheek, his face cradled in my hands. "I'd never forget you." He promises and I feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

Daniel cuddles his body close to me as we wait another five minutes for the car he called for to arrive. When it does he flags it down and opens the door for me quickly. I climb into the car out of the drizzle and Daniel follows setting himself beside me. When he's settled he pulls at my waist, pulling me over his body so my legs straddle his hips. "So, what happens when we get home?" He asks hands dancing over the hem of my dress, brushing against my chest.

I didn't wear a bra and I'm increasingly happy about it because of the lack of layers between us. I let my body fall against Daniel, my lips ghosting his as I hum to myself. The pads of his fingers are now dancing against the hem of my dress teasing me with what I've been wanting from the second he walked into my room hours ago. "I think..." I hum once more my lips pressing softly against Daniel's jaw. "You take off my clothes." I finish, hitching up the material of my dress a little higher so that I can fully settle on his lap.

——-
Thank you to my fave thalassophxle for saving me with Max and Amber's Dutch. Your contribution is much better than the 3 words I know 💀

Make sure you're reading Midnight Kiss by her and her bestie if you're not already! It's amazing 😘

❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 38.9K 89
โ ๐˜ช ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ. โž -------------------- Being the s...
333K 6.8K 48
Lando's best friend, Alya Ricciardi, is a YouTuber and influencer with many fans all over the world. When she realizes that just traveling the world...
662K 13.2K 82
Mia Ricciardo, the younger sister of f1 all-star Daniel Ricciardo, secured a surprise job managing the f1 YouTube channel, when her own videos began...
614K 14.2K 62
Charles had everything planned. Go home, relax with friends, get his head down and focus solely on the biggest year of his career so far. Then Lilly...