Amber & Honey ~ [DR3]

By rudimentals

Daniel knew he'd messed up the moment he saw her again in his teammates room. Amber knew it was a mistake fr... More

Summary & Playlist
1. Monza
2. Insane
IG - Good Luck Charm
3. Reintroduction
4. Friendly
5. Driver Rooms
IG - Good Evening
6. Movie Night
7. Breakfast
8. Australia
IG- Orange
9. Welcome Home
10. Farm
11. Think About Us?
IG - Together?
12. Imola
13. We shouldn't...
14. Preoccupied
IG- Think About Me
IG- Miami
15. Catch Up
16. Take a Hint
IG-Ferrari
17. Secret
18. The Wedding Guest
19. Traitor
20. Monaco
21. More Than That
IG-Favourite Place
22. Ride
IG- Update
23. Jump
24. Promise Me
25. Baku
26. Lando
IG- Montreal
28. Forget
29. Convenience
IG- 33
30. Silverstone
31. My Girl
IG- Sick
32. Date
33. Austria
IG- Birthday
34. 26
35. France
IG- Hot
36. Girlfriend
37. Liar
38. Sunday
39. Ignored
40. Hungary
IG- Santorini
41. Holiday Mode
IG - A While
42. Spiralling
IG - Summertime
43. Jet lag / LA
IG - Spa
45. The Gala
46. Raise a Toast
IG- Holland
47. The Water Bottle
48. Understanding
49. Bad Idea
IG- Como
50. Fast
IG- Monza
51. All Good
52. Three
53. Champagne
IG - 2022/2023
IG -2024
DR1. Monza
DR2. Australia
DR3. You + Me = 3
BONUS CHAPTER: What Happens in Vegas

27. Dare

13.1K 305 157
By rudimentals

The vibe (for this chapter and next)  is the new drake album...the girls that get it get it 🤪

"I can't keep my hands off you all night" -Flights Booked, Drake

A small yelp leaves me as someone grabs at my arm. "Oh my god!" I squeak, being pulled into the bathroom I've been seeking out for the last five minutes.

My eyes are wide as I stumble to regain my balance on my black strappy heels- the same heels I wore when I met Daniel in Monza. The same Daniel who is looking at me with mischievous eyes and a daring smirk. "What are you playing at?!" I yelp, a small slap to Daniel's chest with my words. I press my hands to my own chest feeling my heart pound against my palms.

I look up to him, his face above me even in heels as he ignores my words. "Hey," is all that leaves him, voice soft, eyes warm and daring. His hands grasp at my hips, squeezing the skin there firmly - it's something he's started doing a lot now he knows it's okay for him to do. I love that he wants to touch me.

"Howdy," I reply, fighting a big grin at Daniel's sudden close proximity and appearance. I'm pushed backwards into the door I was just pulled through. Daniel grins at my words, it's something I've noticed he says a lot. My heart is still pounding from the fright of being grabbed.

Daniel's hands slide over my body as he presses me into the door with his large body. "Did I tell you how amazing you look tonight?" He asks me, fighting a grin.

"Yeah," I hum leaning up and placing a quick peck on his cheek, alcohol swirling in my head as his breath fans against me. He had already told me through several groans and complaints back in my room at the McLaren hotel how good I look tonight. "But please, tell me again." I'm fighting the grin now, Daniel's hands running over my body as he takes me in through his hungry eyes. It took some convincing to get here, now that he's looking at me like that I can't remember why I was so persistent to attend.

"Like...wow." He says, eyes flicking from my face to my curled hair and down to my black mini dress decorated with small diamanté crystals that stops at my upper thigh. Honestly I had second thoughts on wearing it but with this reaction I'm proud. His arms reach around my waist and he nuzzles his face into my neck.

I arch a little out of the way to not get makeup on his white t-shirt and instead go to kiss his stubble filled cheek. He returns the action, lacing a long kiss on the top of my hair before leaning down to capture my lips with his. His hands slip down, through my waist and over my hips to my ass, squeezing over the material of my dress. A groan leaves his lips with the action and I'm fighting a grin at the effect I have on him. There's also a strong pull between my legs at the noise.

Coming here was a stupid idea. I should've just stayed in my room with Daniel.

My arms wrap around his neck, standing on my tiptoes (even in my heels) so I'm closer to his face. My fingers immediately go for his hair, stroking the shorter parts at the bottom of his scalp.

""It's not fair that you look this good and I can't touch you for the whole night." I laugh at his pained words shaking my head, embarrassed by the compliment and flustered by the slight groan that left his lips. We're touching right now, but I don't want him to stop and try to prove a point.

Since we'd entered the lobby of the McLaren hotel and headed here to the Ferrari one there's been a strict no-touchy rule in place. It wasn't spoken about, it just kind of happened.

The moment the elevator doors slid open back at our hotel we jumped apart, our hands separating and bodies with more space between. The only time we touched is when a fan asked for a photo with both Daniel and me. He pulled me into his side insisting I had to be close to fit in the frame, his hand still squeezed on my hip fairly firmly.

"You're amazing!" My cheeks redden with the compliments from Daniel's lips.

"Shut up!" I whine annoyingly feeling embarrassed by his kind words.

"I'm dead serious." Daniel hums, his eyes are warm and sparkling and I'm beginning to wonder if we even have to ever leave this bathroom. We could just stay here. Surely nobody would realise our sudden disappearance? The sensible part of my brain knows that people would notice if we suddenly disappeared though. Well, they'd notice if Daniel disappeared.

"You're never serious." I point out and Daniel tuts at my words. Faking a hurt look on his face, the playfulness he's showing me makes my heart flutter. I love this side of him.

"I'm serious about you." Daniel notes lacing another quick kiss against my lips. I'm fighting a grin with his words. Cue those butterflies. His words are a little cringey and he knows it. I hope he also knows that I'm quite serious about him too.

"We're back with the pick up lines, Hm?" I ask teasingly, my fingers interlocking on his neck. Daniel's eyes glimmer at me as I reference the first time we met properly. He only makes a 'mhm' sound dipping his head again to kiss me this time his tongue grazing my lower lips taunting my mouth open. I return the kiss with equal enthusiasm, turning to putty under his touch. This man is addictive. There aren't many people I would secretly make out with in a hotel bathroom with. In fact, he's the only one.

"Lando's not even here." He complains lacing another peck on my lips, a pout on his face as I let my hand fall against his chest.

Lando had decided not to join despite our attempts to convince him, he simply said he wasn't in the mood. Honestly, I'm surprised Daniel is, but he seems in good spirits all things considering. This weekend hasn't exactly went McLaren's way.

Lando seems in a better moody than last week and has even kissed and made up with Carlos, who he went to play golf with earlier in the week. I've had a few conversations with him, he's lighter than he was, but we still haven't spent more than twenty minutes together. I think it's been the space we need. Plus, next week I'm heading home as he heads to New York, I think it will give us both time to breathe.

In his refusal of the invitation Lando gave Daniel strict instructions to take care of me, don't let me do anything reckless or get kidnapped. He finished by saying 'I hope you know what you're getting yourself into.' with slightly widened eyes in Daniel's direction.

Daniel, of course, promised to not let me get kidnapped and take care of me. Meanwhile I was mentally making jokes about how well Daniel has been taking care of me in all aspects of life.

Honestly, my reputation of not being able to handle my alcohol is beginning to get away from me. I'd love to be able to say I'll redeem myself tonight, but based on the swirl in my head and looseness in my muscles and the eagerness with which I'm kissing Daniel, I don't think it will happen. Carla ambushed me with shots as a 'welcome gift' the moment I stepped foot in Charles' suite.

"That's not the point." I say swallowing heavily as Daniel's hands still press into me.

"What is the point?" Daniel asks his head tilted as he looks down on me. He's not quite as tipsy as me, but he's certainly on his way. His eyes are a little red and he blinks a little slower than he did at the hotel.

"The point is..." I trail off interrupted by another kiss. "It wouldn't be fair for everyone to know and not him." I already feel guilty enough about Carlos and Charles knowing, or partly knowing. Plus what they'd be knowing about is a little beyond me. Daniel's not my boyfriend, at least I don't think so, but equally we're hardly just friends. "I'll tell him." I say my words firm because I really have been meaning to. We just haven't had the time and this week things between us have been strained enough. I should have told him a long time ago, before this even became a thing again. "Soon." I promise lacing another quick, soft kiss against Daniel.

"Okay," Daniel concedes, he doesn't sound sad or happy about my words. I think he's still distracted by my body, his hands haven't stopped brushing against my skin, gripping squeezing and holding every inch of me through the black material of the short dress. "but you're at least staying in my room tonight." He hums against my skin, peppering kisses along my jaw once more. I don't need to verbally agree, the small purr of sound from my lips is enough for Daniel.

I wouldn't plan on staying anywhere else.

-

There's a bottle of cheap tequila getting passed around the minivan-esque vehicle that's taking us to the club. "You guys have all this money and you can't even buy good tequila!" Carla complains making me laugh quietly to myself. Charles, Daniel and Carlos groan at her complaint and George is watching her with entertained eyes. I agree, it's not even a good bottle but I still take it from her hands and take a shot of the liquid.

"Don't drink it if you don't like it!" George stresses his eyes wide and on me.

"Your girlfriends the one who complained Russell, not me." I warn my voice teasing, handing the bottle to Daniel beside me who quickly gives it away without tipping any liquid into his lips. The other group of people (who I didn't really know) conveniently climbed into the first vehicle before our own, meaning that everyone in this car has been joking for the entire ride.

"It'a awful." Carla points out her face twisted up in disgust, eyes a little wide as if the sip of the spirit is still haunting her. George taps her on the back comfortingly and I only shake my head laughing at her reaction. Okay, it's not the best tequila ever but it's not that bad!

Carla is incredibly easy to talk to and we'd found ourselves together a lot since Baku even meeting up for lunch earlier this week. It's been nice to having company at the track on race days.

She liked that I could explain things about the races to her that she didn't understand. Unlike me (and most people here), she hasn't grown up around the sport and sometimes finds herself not understanding the terms used or overwhelmed by it at all the track. Not that I'm surprised, with all the crowds and rush of people it's a fairly overwhelming experience. I'm glad I've been helping her to settle into it more and finally, I have some use around here.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Everyone groans at Charles' suggestion. He's almost painfully drunk to the point where there was a discussion on whether someone should stay behind at the hotel with him. He has a lazy smile painted on his lips where his usual easy going one is and his eyes blink every so slowly when trying to focus on someone or something.

"Nah," Daniel says casually and I watch with entertained eyes as Charles frowns at the rejection of his idea. He's staring at Daniel with his eyes slightly narrowed. I'm not sure if the hilarious sight is because of the alcohol or because he's unimpressed with Daniel's response to his suggestion.

Daniel has had enough of Charles, I know it. He was getting increasingly wound up at the hotel by the fact Charles kept kissing my cheek whenever his eyes settled on me. It's not a romantic gesture it's just how he generally greets me, but it's beginning to grate on Daniel when I'll barely let him touch me when we're not alone. As compensation I've quietly snuggled myself closer to him in my seat, my hand softly brushing against his knee. Every so often I let my head drop to his shoulder resting there for small moments when nobody seems to be working. So far, it seems to be placating him well.

"It's just fun." Charles mumbles, voice sad, looking deflated. It has me fighting a smile at his expense making a small 'aww' noise and Daniel shakes his head at the drunken Monegasque. George grumbles a small 'fine' and Charles instantly smiles, it's wide and beaming. "Okay, who first?" He says quickly, as if we might change our minds for participating in his game.

"I think it should be you." I suggest turning to face Charles with a small smile. George laughs at my words, Carlos is looking at the drunken Charles with an entertainer look. Carlos and Carla are simply watching the scene unfold between us all. This time a huffed 'fine' leaves a very drunk Charles and I smile. "Truth or Dare Charlie?" I pose the question and he groans.

"Not you too." He complains with the nickname, Daniel is grinning at me for the use of it his eyes warm and make butterflies erupt through my whole body. He squeezed my thigh in his large hands in approval. For just one moment, with his eyes on me like that and hand on my bare skin,  it felt like we were alone. "Dare." Charles grumbles, lips pouted before taking a swig from the tequila bottle in his hands. Carlos quickly confiscates the drink from Charles and hands it to me when I make grabby hands in it's direction.

It doesn't take long for Daniel to pluck the bottle from my own hands warning me with a 'careful' before handing it back to Carla.

I didn't even get a sip of it!

"I dare you..." I hum faking deep thought as I scroll through my phone. There's a quiet pause as I tap through the screen. "To call Lilly." I eventually add.

"Oh wow.", "I can't do that." And "Who's Lilly?" echo around me simultaneously at the dare from Carlos, Charles and George respectively. Daniel is fighting a laugh and Carla looks confused. "I just airdropped you her number." I say simply with a shrug.

She will kill me for sharing but I'll consider this payback for spilling my secrets to Charles in the first place.

Charles reaches for his phone from his pocket, eyes wide when he see's I'm not lying. "Lilly is his girlfriend." Carlos explains his voice teasing as he answers George's question, receiving a firm shove from his teammate at the words. Carla's mouth forms an 'o' as she nods to herself.

"Wait, your friend Lilly?!" Carla asks me, her eyes a little wide. Charles is too busy tapping away on his phone to tell us all to shut up as he usually would. I nod in confirmation and Carla makes an 'ooh' sound to herself, eyes excited with the information.

"I.." Charles mumbles looking thoughtful. His lazy drunk eyes dance over the phone screen. "I can't do that!"

"If you want to play truth or dare, this is your dare." I say with a shrug. Charles knows if he says no the game will be over and he'll only be more disappointed.

"Okay, I'll do it but someone go whilst I call." He says waving the five pairs of eyes away from him with a lazy gesture. This time I roll my eyes at him. There's a small complaint from Carla at the delayed completion of his dare but George only nods understandingly clearing his throat.

"Okay Amber, truth or dare?" George asks, despite his initial complaints he seems to be enjoying the game. There's an easygoing smile on his face as he holds Carla close to him. I hate the way jealousy keeps biting at me with these things. It's proof I need to just put my big girl pants on and admit everything to Lando.

"Dare." I say the word, it almost getting stuck on my tongue from the alcohol swirling inside of me. Daniel is watching me with careful eyes, I can feel them on me. If everyone else wasn't so drunk I'd be sure the way he looks at me is what's going to get us caught out.

I don't really mind though. I hope he looks at me this way forever.

"Oh, I've got one!" Charles again cheers from the backseat. My head swivels in his direction, eyes narrowed. He only sends me a quick wink, raising the now almost empty tequila bottle to his lips. I don't know who passed it his way.

"Don't you have a call to make?." I ask firmly. Charles' phone is still in his hands,
he just rolls his eyes at my words, ignoring them.

"I dare you..." he begins, not even listening to me. His words slow and a little slurred, I'd laugh but I'm sure I sound similar. "To kiss Daniel." He finishes and instinctively my body jerks away from the man beside me.

Carla is laughing at the proposal, Charles is smirking at me. I don't know if this is some part of a twisted game he's playing or he's trying to do us a favour in exchange for me giving him Lill's number. Carlos looks intrigued at what could happen and I must admit I feel the same. I'm almost holding my breath.

"C'mon mate, she can't do that." George complains gesturing to Daniel and I. "It'll just be awkward?" He asks Dan who shrugs, turning to face me.

"A dare's a dare." He says simply, looking casual. I don't trust myself to comment. I'll either be too enthusiastic or too apathetic. Daniel is the one who's had years of practice keeping his cool and it shows.

Daniel leans over in his seat beside me, his large hands grasp at my face tilting me to face him. My pulse is bouncing through my body, hammering so hard I feel like I could explode as Daniel leans into me. This is new, exiting and terrifying at the same time. We've never kissed infront of anyone before, much less a group of people we all know fairly well.

Daniel holds me softly as his lips meet mine, pressing softly, free hand, of course, reaching for my hip and squeezing softly. Nerves dissipate from me with the comforting yet forceful touch. The action makes me gasp lightly and it's enough for his tongue to slip into my mouth and tangle with my own.

I melt into Daniel's arms, my hands reaching around his neck pulling him closer to me, nerves disappearing from my body with Dan's touch. I'm vaguely aware of the other passengers in the car whooping and cheering around us. My cheeks immediately heat, remembering that for the first time since his mouth met mine that we're not alone.

I want Daniel to kiss me like that infront of everyone on earth if this is what it'll feel like.

We part, reluctantly, my pulse still hammering, no longer out of nerves but now excitement. My cheeks are hot as Daniel plants a final small, quick peck against my lips, grip loosening on my hip sitting back in his seat. He's wearing a satisfied smirk as I try to regain any sense of composure in my spot. My cheeks are on fire and my lips are swollen as the people around us laugh and joke about the show we just put on.

"I'm fine yeah, Daniel and Amber are just making out." Charles' voice cuts through the vehicle, his phone pressed to his ear, smirk on his face. I throw a middle finger in his direction as we pull to a stop.

————————
It's felt like such a long week without updating!

Honestly these next few chapters are just gonna be fun and cute but dw the drama it returning soon!

I just thought you guys deserved the cuteness 🤪
❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.8K 1.1K 36
ยปยป-----ใ€€โ˜…ใ€€-----ยซยซ her the new pr manager of his team catches his attention and him doing everything he can for her to notice him ยปยป-----ใ€€โ˜…ใ€€-----ยซยซ "W...
267K 5.1K 50
The sister of Daniel Ricciardo, Olivia, brand owner and model, goes to her first Grand Prix weekend at there home race and has the time of her life...
321K 5.1K 23
๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐˜ฟ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™š๐™ก ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™™๐™ค ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ง๐™ก๐™š๐™จ ๐™ก๐™š๐™˜๐™ก๐™š๐™ง๐™˜'๐™จ ๐™—๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค ๐™–๐™ก๐™จ๐™ค ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ ๏ฟฝ...
34.7K 488 26
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ she is Daniel Ricciardos sister. She is the less successful, living in the shadow of her brother. Daniel races for McLaren along side...