Jesiah | A Red Dead Redemptio...

By JustJammyu

Jesiah DeSantis. Boy is a thief and he ain't a good kid, but no one always start that way. He even thinks tha... More

Colter
Enter, Pursued By A Memory
The Aftermath Of Genesis
Memories
Old Friends
Warm Winter Nights
Who The Hell Is Leviticus Cornwall?
Eastward Bound
Polite Society, Valentine Style
Americans At Rest
Paying A Social Call
We Loved Once And True
An Hour
Pouring Forth Oil
Pouring Forth Oil II
The Sheep And The Goats
A Strange Kindness
Must Be Love
An Honest Mistake
The Course Of True Love
Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Preaching Forgiveness As He Went
The Fine Joys Of Tobacco
Brothers In Crime
Sodom? Back To Gomorrah
New Things, Murfree Country
Love Makes You Crazy
Friends In Very Low Places
Blessed Are The Peacemakers
A Short Walk In A Pretty Town
Blood Feuds, Ancient And Modern
Battle Of Shady Belle
Caught Up In The Past
Angelo Bronte, A Man Of Honor
Brothers And Forgiveness
The Gilded Cage
The Mother, the Witch
Horsemen, Apocalypse
Who The Hell Is J.C.?
Urban Pleasures
A Fire Called Love
Random
Country Pursuits
Two Veterans And An Outlaw
Random 2
Revenge Is A Dish Best Eaten
A Sweet Time In Cumberland
Random 3
Marriage and Dreams
A Hope To A Different World
Banking, The Old American Art
Visions Turned Prophecies
Update
Welcome To the New World
Thinking Hours
Fleeting Joy of Uncle Tacitus
A Fork In The Road
Planning A Sweet Escape
Icarus and Friends
Visiting Hours
Idealism and Pragmatism for Beginners
Wedding Traditions
Sickness Unveiled
Random ?
A Rage Unleashed
Cursed With One, Blessed With Three
Honor, Amongst Thieves
Family Meeting: A New Era
Thanksgiving Special
The Fine Art Of Conversation
Goodbye, Dear Friend
Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow
Ikaw At Ako
Family Meeting II: The Junction
Lost Boy
Update
The King's Son
My Boy
Unwanted Update 🤡
My Last Boy
A Man's Purpose
Reckoning In The West
Our Best Selves

The First Shall Be Last

342 9 0
By JustJammyu

Arthur and Jesse arrive at the camp Javier and Charles set up near Blackwater. The two dismount their horses and lower themselves toward Javier and Charles who are overlooking the town to see if they can spot Sean.

"Anything new, boys?" Jesse asked as he and Arthur lie down next to the other two.

"The place is crawling with Pinkertons, Bounty Hunters and pictures of Dutch and Hosea." Javier answered Arthur sighed and mentions that they have a lot of money just sitting in Blackwater somewhere, Javier says that it's where it's gonna remain for now.

"Why haven't they hang Sean, I wonder?" Arthur asks.

"Would you rather they hang him and waste all of our time getting here?" Jesse answers him.

"I think he's bait, they probably wanna trial him publically." Charles suggested. Just then, Trelawny appears behind them.

"Gentlemen, Sean is being moved up the upper montana. Then to a federal prison outwest." The fancy man explains.

"Damn! We can't be rescuing people from some federal prison! We either rescue him now or... Cut him loose." Arthur said disappointingly, getting the attention of Charles and Jesse.

"We're not cutting anyone loose." Charles said to him and Jesse agrees.

"No, Of course not." Arthur replies.

Trelawny further explains that Ike Skelding's boys are moving Sean to a camp nearby, then handing him over to the government. Then Arthur concludes that they need to stop the group before they even make it back to their camp.

"Charles, Jesse. Why don't you two head on up on the North side. Then we'll head up on the other side of the valley and meet you boys there, that way we have them in either direction." Arthur instructs the two then they stand to mount their horses. They made their way to their designated spots.

"You and me again, Charles." Jesse started as they ride up north.

"You getting tired of me?" Charles jokes causing Jesse to nervously laugh. He never knows when Charles actually makes jokes. He just always seems like a serious man. But of course Jesse should know that he's still human and is capable of having a little fun.

"Nah, I was gonna say, I enjoy riding with you." Jesse said.

"Me too." Charles replied. They continue to ride and takes a spot above the canyon near the camp but out of sight.

"I think we should send the horses away, this might get messy." Charles suggested. Jesse nodded and continues to slap his horse's behind to send it somewhere away from the area.

"Let's wait for 'em here. They're probably planning on how to take Skelding's boys." Jesse suggested.

"You're right, just keep an eye out for Arthur and Javier." Charles said.

They overlook the canyon waiting for a signal. At some point, they spot Arthur with his binoculars so the two waved to him to let him know that they're in position. A few moment later, the first gunshot was heard coming from the other side of the canyon. Jesse and Charles became alert. They see Arthur and Javier shooting up Skelding's boys up north to their area. Jesse got his repeater and start covering the two with Charles.

Not much was said during the gunfight, since the men are too busy trying to get out of there alive. Arthur and Javier push up and Jesse and Charles run uo to them.

"Quick, C'mon, let's get up there." Javier tells Arthur and he obliged. He loots a few bodies while Javier meets with Jesse and Charles. Arthur follows.

"All good?" Charles asks.

"Is anyone hurt? Arthur?" Jesse asks as Arthur pushes up to them.

"All fine." Arthur says.

"The camp's up this way. C'mon." Charles says and the four of them silently push up to the camp where Sean is held.

Javier instructs Charles to go right while he goes left with Jesse.

"Let's take these sons of bitches!" Jesse shouts as they all shoot up the place. Making sure to keep an eye on Sean of course.

They shoot up the place, while having a few comments here and there.

"How much is Sean's bounty?" Arthur wonders.

"Maybe we should turn him in ourselves." Charles suggested.

"That ain't a bad idea!" Jesse added.

"There's still time." Arthur continues.

They keep shooting up the place, killing any Skelding Boy in sight. Jesse manages to get close enough to Sean. He takes out his tomahawk and throws is perfectly at Sean's rope.

Just then, more of the bounty hunters turn up and they didn't even have time to reload but they manage to do so anyway. Sean's just... Trying to untie himself. The rest of the men shoot up the hunters until no man is left standing. Then they approach Sean.

Arthur cuts the rope on Sean's leg and the younger man starts to speak.

"You know, you're a lot less ugly from that other angle Arthur." Sean comments Arthur just grunts.

"Don't worry Sean, you're ugly in every angle." Jesse laughs as he pulls Sean to stand up.

"You're just lucky you have a pretty face, Jesse." Sean says.

"I sure am." Jesse replies.

Sean then turns to Arthur. "Do I get a hug Arthur? A warm embrace for a lost brother, now found." he says as Arthur laughs and turns to him and puts his hand on his shoulder.

"You know? Nothing means more to me than this gang. The bond we share. It's the most real thing to me. I would kill for it, I would happily die for it." He says and the rest of the men agrees. "But in spite of all that, I would've easily left you here to rot if Charles hadn't stopped me." He finishes and Sean laughs, not believing a word he said.

"You're a great man, Arthur Morgan. The kind a young whippersnaooer can really admire." Sean continues.

"Oh shut up. Right, we should split up. Javier will you escort Mr. Macguire back to camp. Charles it's best you ride separately, you too Jesse, make sure you ain't followed." Arthur instructed the rest of the members and they obliged. "Be careful there's patrols everywhere."

"What you gonna do?" Jesse asks.

"I'm gonna see what's worth taking here, I'll meet you back there as soon as I can." Arthur says.

Jesse calls for his horse then mounts it. Seans starts with his story telling and Javier is not amused.

"See you back at camp Morgan." Jesse says, he tips his hat then snaps the reigns of his horse and goes the opposite direction from the others.

He rides up towards Strawberry. He enters the little town and made his way to the General Store, he hitches his horse to the side and feeds him for a moment. Jesse noticed a small window from unter the general store, he looks in and sees that there is an illegal side business being done by the Shopkeeper. He chuckles to himself and made his way inside the store.

The shopkeeper greets him as he looks around the store, acting interested in the shelves. Once he makes it to the counter, he opens the catalogs and leans on the table, taking his pistol out of his holster and pointing at the man.

"Whatchu got underground boy? Looks like something worth takin'." Jesse said.

"Ain't n-nothing u-under there." The shopkeeper denied.

"You really wanna play this game friend? The way I see it you can die now and I'll find out either way or you show me yourself and you can continue whatever business you have on the side." Jesse negotiates.

The shopkeeper whimpers as he opens his trapdoor behind the counter. Jesse follows still having the pistol aimed on the man's head as he lowers himself downstairs.

"A-ain't nothing much here." The shopkeeper says.

"I'll be the judge of that friend." Jesse replies. "Now, where's the money?"

"Please, Mister. It ain't even much."

Jesse gets annoyed and directly points the gun on the man's head "You really wanna test my patience friend?" he sees the man whimper and continues "Now... Where's the money?"

"It's at the end there, there's a loose brick, it's all I got, I swe-" he gets cut off by the butt of the pistol and he passes out.

"So much for a small business..." Jesse comments and made his way to the end and takes the money.

He climbs up the ladder and takes the money from the cashier as well. He took some food too. He gets out, mount his horse and made his way back to camp like nothing happened.

Once at camp, Dutch said to have a small party for having Sean back.

"Jesse! My boy! Good job getting Sean back!" Dutch says right after Jesse dismounts.

"Sure Dutch, It's fun to have the annoying Irish Bastard again."

"Sure is. Anyway, Have fun tonight, we're celebrating." Dutch says and makes his way to his tent with Ms. O'shea.

Jesse just nods and made his way to the donation box to give some money and some items.

The rest of the night was just singing, dancing and drinking from the gang. Some funny stories from Sean. Jesse even teases Karen for Sean's return.

"I bet, you're bursting with excitement right now Ms. Jones." Jesse commented.

"I aiN't." Karen replies while sluring her words.

"Sure." He replies sarcastically.

Later in the night, he see her sitting on Sean's laps. Laughs at her for even denying... He even hears them... In John and Abigail's tent... Doing, yes.

"My Lord, good luck Abigail." Jesse says and walks away. He spots Jack following him.

"Uncle Jesse!"

"Yes kid?" Jesse says as he sits down on one of the chairs to level with Jack.

"Are you mad at me?" Jack asks him.

Jesse's brows furrow in confusion. "What? No? What made you think that, Little man?" he asks the boy.

"It's just, you've been ignoring me..."

"Oh no boy. Uncle Jesse's just been busy is all. I'll never be able to get mad at you okay?" then he leans towards the boy "And between the two of us... I think your pa is kinda jealous that we hang out together more than you with him."

"But he doesn't even play with me..."

"I know kid, you just gotta give him time. He loves you. He don't know how to show it but he does." Jacks nods he then sees Abigail approach them. "It's getting late now boy, go to your mama." Jesse says and Jack follows. Jesse waves to Abigal goodnight and makes his way to his tent to rest for the night. Not having the energy to continue the party.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 2.1K 42
Isabella Monroe is a college student who is struggling to make ends meet. She works constantly and college is giving her a real kick in the pants.. ...
48.2K 2.2K 20
➵ ❝Y'know... I ain't a good man.❞ ❝You're good to me, and that's enough.❞ ➵ Arthur Morgan had heard many tales about grand treasures hidden all over...
42.4K 810 38
" 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝖛𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊, 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝖘𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝐢𝐧. " ༄ ...
180K 4.1K 30
The year is 1899. The era of the old west. The United States government has been developing laws that a lot of people don't seem to like. This create...