tbate | The Storm Gods Chosen...

By BoreasHimFuckingSelf

Knowledge of the novel he is going to reincarnate into and the blessing of the God who ended his life are bes... More

Chapter 0 Prolouge
Ch 1 Reincarnated??
Ch 2 The Frozen Tomb
Ch 3 Possession
Ch4 Aftermath
Ch 5 The Road to Ashbern
Ch6 The Leywins
Ch7 Arthur
Ch8 The Cores
HOW ALEXANDER LOOKS
Chapter 9 Hoarfrost heart
Ch 10 The Begining Of The Journy
Ch 11 The will of the North wind
CH 12 Storm Magic
Ch 13 Elshire
Ch 14 Tessia
Ch 15 meeting
Ch16 The Gardens
Ch 17 Small Talk
Ch 18 Rinia
Ch 19 The Will
Ch20 Bonded
Ch21 Reunion
Ch 22 Offer
Ch23 Goodsky
Ch 24 Requisition
Ch 25 Auction
Ch 26 Auction Pt 2
Ch 27 Examination
Ch 28 The Beast glades
CH 29 Introductions
Ch 30 Dire tombs I
Ch 31 Dire tombs II
Ch 32 Balmung
Ch 33 Heading Home
CH 34 Restraining Order
Ch 35 Terrifyingly Genius Discovery's
Ch 36 Poisonwood
Ch 37 The Talk
Ch 38 Apprentice
Ch 39 Nico
Ch 40 Future Proofing
Ch 41 Xyrus
Ch 42 A Reputation To Uphold
Ch 43 The D.C Triple Threat
CH 44 Reunions
Ch45 First 'Official' Meeting
Ch46 First day
Ch 47 Combat Start
Ch48 Arthur the Masochist
Ch 49 Payback
Ch 50 Couples Training, And Elijah I Geuss
Ch 51 New Marks
Ch 52 D.C Meeting
Ch 53 Field Trip Prep
Ch 54 Eve Of The Crypt
Ch 55 Widows Crypt Pt 1
Ch 56 Widows Crypt pt 2
Ch 57 Uto's Own Game
Ch 58 Healing Flames
Ch 59 Meeting the Family
Ch 60 Elixer's
Ch 61 Will Awakened
Ch 62 Meeting Inturupted
Ch 63 The Collapse
Ch 64 Eternal Karma
Ch 65 Godspell
Ch 66 School In Ruins
CH 67 The Castle
Ch 68 Regicide (Kinda)
Ch 69 Revilation
Ch 70 Epheotus
Ch 71 Virgil
Ch 72 Final Test
Ch 73 The Lernaean Forest
Ch 74 Core Development
CH 75 New Form
Ch76 Test Drive
Ch77 A Warriors Present
Ch 78 Typhon
Ch 79 Commander's Approval
Ch 80 Old Memories
Ch 81 Pandora's Cavern
CH 82 Pandora's Cavern ||
CH 83 Pandora's Cavern |||
Ch 84 Pandora's Cavern ||||
CH 85 Our Return
Ch 86 Serious Developments
Ch 87 Brewing Storm
Ch 88 Typhon's Wrath
Ch 89 Aftermath
Ch 90 the Paladins
Ch 91 Speech
CH 92 Armed Recon
Ch 93 The Fallen
Ch 94 Wrath of the Hydra
CH 95 Cadell
CH 96 Retrieved
Ch 97 Wounded Paladin's
CH 98 Fortifications
Ch 99 The Elshire Sweep
Ch 100 Awakening
Ch 101 Cecilia
Ch 102 Noah of the Buring lance
Ch 103 Rising Storm
Ch 104 Frostborn's Never Die
CH 105 The Foundries
CH 106 Meeting of the Gods
CH 107 Rough Night?
Ch 108 Rude Entrance
CH 109 Skirmish
CH 110 Pierrot the Clown
CH 111 A Day To Be Remembered
Ch 112 Calm Before the Storm
Ch 113 Calm Before The Storm 2
Ch 114 Approaching Storm
Ch 115 Counterattack
Ch 116 Jailbreak
Ch 117 New leads
CH 118 Six Fronts
CH 120 The First Front
Ch 121 A Grim Reminder
Chapter 122 Rebirth
Ch 123 Among the Ruins
Ch 124 Looking Glass
Ch 125 Confession
Ch 126 Day at the Wall
Ch 127 Reconciliation
Ch 128 Fury
Ch 129 The Storm king
Ch 130 Remains
Ch 131 Goodbye, my Friend
Ch 132 A New Vessel
Hiatus and info about next arc

CH 119 Scythe

656 20 7
By BoreasHimFuckingSelf

Quick authors note, At the time of writing this chapter 371 was the last released chapter as such I apologize to future readers if I got the anyone magics wrong because I gotta use author bullshit and just say they can use this or that.

Seris Vritra pov:

"It's rather impressive for a relic of a dead species of asura's." Melzri Mused, both of our steps balanced as we strolled through the streets of the floating city Xyrus.

My eyes drifted off the Dicathens around us falling limp and gasping for breath as our presence crushed the air from their lungs, my sight landed on the Floating castle named the Typhon above us.

A massive mountain of an island with numerous towering spires surrounded the Castle at its center mountain peak, Rings of floating castle walls orbited the spire at its core suspended by smaller Floating pillars of rock and earth. Gleaming golden and silver metals lined the walls reinforcing the battle-hardened defences.

The Sheer amount of mana within was nothing short of dread-inducing, Without the knowledge that this was made by the greatest of asuran warlords manny millennia ago, one would think it the dwelling of a god.

Shifting my gaze back at my fellow scythe she hadn't changed one bit in her appearance, Looking the same as she always had: Flawless silvery-gray skin, pure white hair plaited into a tight braid that flowed down her back, and dark lips and eyes that matched the two sets of gleaming onyx horns that erupted from her head and curled sharply back, one pair exactly beneath the other.

"To think The High sovereign would send the both of us," She scoffed before coving her mouth with her hand lowing her voice "To think he sees these mere Mages as a threat worthy of two scythes."

"Melzri, Need I remind you that their leader killed Cadell Single-handedly? not a trace left of his body, just a battle-ravaged cavern left in their wake." my tone was cold as I clicked my nails together, a nervous habit from my childhood that I'd long since cured myself off, or so I thought.

A rush of mana burst from the Typhon, a lone singular woman floated down in front of us, Dusty brown hair flowed from her head draping over her shoulders following the impressive curves of her battle-honed body from the way she carried herself.

A white battle robed adorned her body with sewn-in golden regal patterns, The colours making the golden blond of the roots of her hair shine like an angel.

Her presence was like an ocean of mana in a desert even in this mana-filled city. Her creamy complexion made her look like a princess as her almond-shaped eyes opened.

Soulless.

That was the only word that could describe her gleaming golden eyes As if whatever had filled her mind had been hollowed out and made into a weapon, the only thing those eyes radiated was an instilled bloodlust.

Not one of anger, not one of revenge, nor that of a trained warrior although it was akin to it, her presence was that of a living weapon of war that resembled a trained warrior.

"You must be the Legacy... The high sovereign was greatly angered when he found that you had been taken. Even forced into that body before he could properly welcome you into this world." Melzri spoke Kicking away the hand of a gasping mage as she spoke.

"Needless bloodshed," She scoffed looking down at her hands, her gaze as if they were thick with spilled blood. "in both my lives I've only been used as a tool, just to be some weapon in wars."

"I will not be your weapon, Or that dammed Agrona's tool!" she snapped, the mana shook in the air with a palpable rage before she calmed herself, barriers of mana forming around the civilians, with panicked tears they drew breath and ran fast enough I thought for an instant they had used mana.

"If you plan to take me by force let's move this fight elsewhere, Follow me." she breathed out floating into the air. willing the mana to carry myself I followed after her melzei and I drifted in the air behind her as we arrived at the ruins of a magic academy.

"Xyrus academy, the most prevalent magic institution on this content if I remember correctly," Melzei spoke as the earth flattened out as we landed on the ground, forming a large fighting ground for us.

"At least you have the sensibility to prevent unnecessary deaths, too bad Agrona will make you into his puppet either way," Melzri spoke, a black metal blade forming in her hand as we readied ourselves for a fight.

The mana Spun around Cecilia's hand, fusing into an amalgam of lightning wind and ice, It seems Alexander had made her more of a nuisance than I predicted.

"Storm magic." I breathed out forming a blade of void light in my hand dashing towards her, Our blades clashed, sending debris flying in a shockwave.

I felt the Mana in my shadow shift, taking flight I flashed backwards in an instant, a massive spike of Shadowsteel where I stood moments before.

Decay mana arts?! Melzri? No this wasn't her mana. Looking back I could see the confusion on her face as the realization dawned on me.

Both of us unleashed waves of Soulfire at the rooftops, disintegrating the rubble of the buildings.

A scream tore out of Melzri's throat as I snapped back, One of her larger horns sheared clean off her head, crimson lighting snaped illuminating his form for a mere instant.

Red and black battle robes beneath dragon scale Damascus armour, A belt with severed Vritra horns. ahead of shoulder-length curly onyx hair and crimson eyes.

My eyes locked with his as a wry half-grin appeared on his face. Then he was gone. No sound accompanied him except for the exco of a thunderclap.

With an angry scream, Melzri exploded into a wave of soulfire. her hand clawing at the stump of her larger horn, Bloodlust poured from her as she blew away the mist in an instant.

"...ill you..." her voice was a shaky whisper, raising her blade she screamed in a baleful rage "I'll Kill You!!"

Stepping over the ruins of a fallen clocktower his crimson eyes glowed in the silhouette cast by the sun behind him "Mutts got a Bark on her." He jeered withdrawing a greatsword from a dimension ring.

"The Snow Wraith himself. Or should I call you Alexander Shard?" I pointed my blade towards him gathering Voidlight to the tip of my sword.

His eyes flashed a brilliant marbled royal blue and amethyst before turning back red, my conjured blade and Spell shattered in my hand nearly disintegrating it in the process.

"It's Bladeheart now, Alexander Bladeheart. Seris if your here to talk I don't take kindly to spells being pointed at me," He narrowed his eyes at me. pointing his sword back at where I stood.

How much does He know? He's foiled all of Agrona's plans, stole not only Nico but the Legacy as well, Almost as if he foresaw everything-

He knew... he knew the entire initial invasion plan! He knew we'd attack Elenoir and trapped it, he knew where every single major offensive we planned would happen, He knew that Elijah was Nico, that the Greysunders and Rahdeas were traitors.

He even bolstered the Wall and made those ships I was informed of, He knew exactly what to do to combat our battleplans.

He smirked down at me as I bit my lip, Cylrit was captured and if the rumours are true he likely knew my goal. No, there was no possible way he knew of my plans beforehand even Agrona didn't.

"They were probably sent to delay us, best not to hold back." He smirked, raising his blade to the sky as it arced with thunder the skies became overcast swirling with magic in mere moments and a torrent of rain started pelting the battlefield.

Alexander Bladeheart Pov:

we wasted no time, gave no warning. Arthur and Elijah shattered the earth below them, Blackened magma shot out of the earth towards the Scythes. In a blur of amethyst lightning, Arthur Appeared behind Melzri. His blade exploded with gravity and sound, blowing away the scythe.

Hurtling towards me.

willing storm magic into my muscles I thunder stepped, I was on her in an instant, Balmung sliding into her side.

An aura of black flames ignited from the wound, with a snap the wind pelted her like a torrent launching her into the pool of soulfire lava.

Soulfire blazed around her, eating away at the lava as she stood up. No wound on her side, only a cut in her battle robe. a grimace on her face as her sword of conjured black metal formed into a spear.

A force tugged on my side nearly ripping me out of the air, my vision jolted towards Seris, She stood on the defensive dodging and repelling Cecilia's lightning raining down like a torrent.

"Keep them on the defensive, Cecillia make sure our cores don't empty fully." I bellowed as we all activated our wills.

Elijah grew two serrated ram-like horns from the side of his head, the same ones Cadell had. his eyes shifted crimson as his skin turned pale. I could feel the soulfire surge within him stronger than ever.

"I'll let you three handle her, I have business with Seris," I spoke turning towards the pearl-haired scythe.

Feeling the second scythe's movement in the wind mana I shifted my balance in an instant before dropping down at an almost inhuman angle to balance. Her soulfire-clad blade passed my neck by a breath. Gathering sound magic into my palm I shot up with a thunder step.

My palm slammed into her stomach, exploding in a single shockwave. First was her body lurching around my fist, then she was gone.

Her body was thrown high into the rainstorm above, with a sweep of my hand hundreds of water bullets shot towards he as she rocketed down towards me.

"Note to self, ripping off their horns causes hysterical anger...Zephyr, go for it" I spoke aloud reaching out toward my bond mentally.

I felt my bond smirk as his massive tail arcing in thunder swept from the clouds slamming into the scythe, her body left deep in a create in the ground as the three reincarnates and both dragons rushed towards her.

"As for you Seris. Tell me, are you my ally against Agrona or my enemy?" I asked keeping my senses sharp, watching their fight through the wind mana.

"What is your goal, Why do you fight?" she grimaced clicking her nails as she answered, her grip tightening on her blacklight sword.

"Simple. Protect my family and friends, Ending this war and possibly killing Agrona is just a part of that smile goal." I spoke plainly, "If memory serves correct, you want to keep the Alacryans safe from this war and the rule of Agrona?"

Her teeth grit as her hands tightened on her blade, a dark light spilled out of her cloaking her body in an almost blackhole-like shell, no light escaping it as it formed armour around her body.

"How do you know that!" She spat looking me up and down as I felt the fight between the three reincarnates and the other scythe heat up, Fire and soulfire blazed, thunder cracked, ice snapped, metal shot forth, and the wind howled.

"You see that's the funny part, You told me. Not in this timeline, nor the original one but it happened nonetheless." I bluffed, this wasn't a complete lie as I knew her goal from her one Pov chapter meeting Aldir.

Taking a deep breath I pushed mana into my body before I spoke. "So I want you to answer my question, Are you my friend or foe," I asked grimly pushing mana into Balmung ready to unleash a storm

Claire Stood behind me as I spoke, My enhanced senses letting me hear her grip tightening on her rapier as we both stared down the scythe.

"You've blown my cover, Melzri has to die here. Release my retainer if he still lives, I shall contact you when the time is ready." She spoke briskly before turning back to Melzri.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend it seems." I mused as I watched Claire's jaw drop. before she composed herself and followed us.

"Two scythes killed, how bout that," I spoke below my breath as I let my body morph, I felt my horns sprout, my claws and scales harden as spines grew out of my elbows. my armour shifting to accommodate the new growths and let the spines out.

It's time to take my body to its limits, to see the true power of this chimeric body. Storm magic permeated my body, hugging my skin like a second skin of lightning and dark clouds.

Compressing it further I pushed the lightning into my body my muscles moving as the lightning commanded.

Royal blue runes gleamed through the layer of storm magic wrapping around my body. my hair flushed snow white, my magic stabilizing under the influence of Bahamut's will, Lightning flashed crimson among the haze of black clinging to me.

Applying the concept of Thunder step to my whole body, combing it with the Bladestorm style I should be able to bring my strength to near asura levels, Hopefully, it lasts long enough.

"Arthur let's not put Sylvia and Bahamut to shame, That scythe dies here." My voice was warbled as I willed myself to take a step, A mach cone formed around me as I broke the sound barrier.

In a blur I appeared next to Arthur and swung Balmung, Lightning exploded from my blade launching melzri into a wall. "I'll explain later, but Seris is our ally now."

The others faced were confused for an instant but promptly hardened, Arthur gave me a crisp nod before golden runes spread across his body, I felt the aether and mana pulse as realmheart Activated.

"Form your spells, I'll keep her busy," I smirked diving towards Melzri, Our blades clashed. our bodies blurred. Her blade darted and swiped like a viper as I danced around her poised blade.

My great sword slashed and thrust parrying the sweeping and thrusting black iron sword, dust kicked up from the ground in the flurry of Soulfire thunder.

I ducked under the sword aimed at my neck, spun on my heel, and lashed out with my claws. She lurched back losing her balance. I dashed at her my blade sailing for her throat.

Her sword swung up slamming into my blade, my bones vibrated from the impact; her knee slammed into my stomach launching me back knocking the breath from my lungs.

in a instant, I willed mana to force breath into my lungs, circulate into my muscles, then launch back into the fight in a mere moment. Each breath stung with the cold air as I drew breath, but this was no moment to rest.

I slammed forward into her sword, The black iron shattered as the full force of my attack shattered the ground underfoot just by moving. I watched her face turn ghastly, my blade drawing a line across her face.

But then... she was gone.

A blur of black mana darted from my shadow to another shadow in an instant, I followed its blindingly fast movements with my scenes, following the mass of black mana in my vision thanks to Storm soul, and tracing her bloodlust with my senses and my new body's instincts.

Like jagrette in that forest but shadowes eh? two can play at that game.

tracing her form I willed a wall of spikes from the next shadow she was heading for, her body darted out of the shadow clutching her arm and dripping with blood.

My legs blurred in a instant, the world was pulled out from under me, I reappeared next to the Scythe and swung the instant I made contact with the floor.

My instincts screamed at me and my mana followed them, carrying me away in a instant. behind a wall of black metal I saw coughing blood the scythe reattached her severed arm with soulfire licking the wound reattaching it.

Looking at my arm I saw the line of blackened blood dripping from my free hand. Not letting up I reached out to the sky pushing storm magic further into the atmosphere.

My arm jerked downward, and a rain of black spikes and lightning launched from the cloud-like a downpour of ballista bolts. Coal-black lines of infernal wind chased the burning spikes, pushing them faster and faster as they fell.

The ruins trembled as the black spikes slammed into the ground, punching through the dust clouds the attack launched.

With a swipe of my hand, I cleared the dust, twisting the air into hurricanes at the same time launching them into the crater.

"NOW." I bellowed as everyone launched their spells at the hurricane. Elijah formed a singularity at the center pulling my hurricane to shreds and lifting Melzri's battered form to the center.

"Absolute Zero!" Arthur launched a massive blast of white fire toward her.

"Phoenix Cage!" Claire's wings scattered launching flaming feathers around Melzri showing her streams of soulfire and Golden flames.

"Skyfall torrent!" Cecilia chanted causing hundreds of electrified icicles to fall from the sky, like a swarm of bullets, pelting the area with exploding shards of ice.

"Niflheim," I uttered the name of the spell, freezing the very air in the crater, large snowflakes fell from the frosted air. with a flick of my wrist, the dust was cleared revealing a Butchered Melzri.

Her body scored and battered, her right arm missing from the shoulder. her legs bent in inhuman angles, her clothes and face scored and cut hundreds of times over. her breathing was ragged as she looked me in the eyes.

Her red eyes were glazed over as the light started to fade from them as they lost colour, she didn't survive that attack she was a corpse on death's door waiting for the grim reaper to show himself.

"For the peaceful future of Alacrya, I am sorry Melzr," Seris spoke, a blade of dark light blurred from her hand. the blade devoured Elijah's black hole at the same time it pierced her heart. Melzri's mangled body coughed blood as it leaked from what was left of her eyes.

Melzri's body fell to the scarred earth, Seris exhaling in annoyance as she withdrew her blade. "I will need you to wound me so I do not arouse suspicion when I return to alacrya." She breathed out.

"Alright, I can do that. However, I must ask what are your battle plans in this invasion? where are the most troops gathered? what cities are the first to be attacked?" I asked tossing Arthur Tempestarii so he could cut off her remaining horns.

Her face twitched in disgust at the sight of Arthur defiling her corpse before speaking. "A most vile practice you have Alexander, but a logical one, Our horns do contain a large quantity of purified mana."

"Before I interfered in the timeline, you taught Arthur that. He lost a fight against the retainer Uto and you cut off his horns and told him to meditate with them." I mused before turning back to the scythe and asking her once again about the battle plans.

"Agrona kept us in the dark, only knowing select things to ensure in the event you caught one of us you wouldn't figure everything out." She answered before pulling out a book and a map from her dimension ring.

"The map has the locations of all teleportation gates, Tempus warps, and Alacryan camps on Dicathen. however there are likely more set up by the other scythes that they keep for themselves, I shall inform you of them if I discover their locations.

"The book contains the information and targets I was given to attack with my troops. However I implore you to keep casualties to a minimum for my troops, I plan to cause a revolution when the time is right in alacrya." She informed before dropping her barriers on herself.

"I'll keep the casualties to a minimum and appear in person, I understand that Alacryans see me as some omen of death which may help with keeping your soldiers alive." I Chuckled sheathing tempestarii and forming a bolt of lightning around my arm.

"This may sting quite a bit, But here's to a peaceful future it seems," I spoke gaining a nod from Seris.

—————————
Author here Im just giving a drawing Of Al in storm soul and i only do black and white becuse fuck learning colour theory

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

814K 23.8K 56
Sora, a guy who was reading up on "That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime", had not been paying attention when he got struck by a moving truck. H...
384 1 28
What happens when your entire world is ripped away from you? You pray for strength. Kenzlee Raised in a fairyland of the rich and privileged, Kenzlee...
97.2K 3.6K 121
I was walking back home one night from work, when I unexpectedly got caught in the crossfire of a bank robbery - which results in my death. As life s...
16.2K 684 12
What if Arthur beat everyone he deemed an enemy to him after uncovering Fate? But in the process lost everyone he loved in the midst of this war. Cou...