Mushroom High

By pinkandpeachy

Drama is inevitable, whether one is at the top of the social hierarchy or a victim of those who are. Friendsh... More

Mushroom High
1. The First Day Of School
2. A New Friend And A New Girlfriend
3. Break Up And Make Up
4. Not So Uncool
5. Amore
6. Getting Closer
7. A Rainy Evening
8. Triple Date
9. Group Work
10. I Can't Move On
11. Pranks
12. Experiencing New Things
13. Blogs
Pls read!!!
14. Flashbacks
15. Roses And Daisies
16. Christmas
17. Surprises
18. It Can't Always Go Your Way
19. Party Poopers
20. Perspectives
21. Valentines Day
22. Hidden Hobby
23. A Step Further
24. After School
25. Bumping Into Rivals
26. Rosalina's Birthday
27. Hallucinations
28. Starting Fresh
29. Unpopulars For The Win
30. Revenge Isn't Sweet
31. A Single Peach
32. Not A Good Day
33. Another Secret Revealed
Hi
34. The Human Girl With Orange Hair
35. The Perfect Life
36. Lakeside Park
37. Fools And Fight-Pickers
38. A Night At Hollywood
39. Unconditional
Announcement
40. Last-Minute Realizations
41. A New Truth
42. The Last Day Of School
A Final Message From The Author
Behind The Chapters

43. Fifteen Years Later

1.2K 37 63
By pinkandpeachy

Mario became a chef in a high-end Italian restaurant. He had a girlfriend named Pauline and they had been dating for two years. As a hobby, Mario and Luigi both worked for their family's plumbing business.

Luigi took up medical studies in college and became a doctor several years after graduating. Also, he and Daisy got married less than a month ago. The couple had recently returned from their honeymoon.

In 10th grade, Daisy discovered that she had a natural talent for volleyball. Daisy joined a volleyball team in high school and another one in college. She began playing for the national women's team after she graduated.

Peach and Bowser broke up during the summer after 9th grade, but remained good friends. Peach became a politician- a senator to be exact. Getting the position at only 26 years old, she was the youngest person to ever become a politician in Mushroom World history.

Bowser became an engineer, but he wasn't very happy with his job. He was only an engineer because of his father. Fortunately, Bowser had things that he enjoyed doing in his free time and those things kept him from going insane.

Yoshi was a philanthropist and he did everything from feeding the less fortunate to being a race equality activist. At the same time, his food blog was still active and was now very popular among food enthusiasts. Yoshi and Birdo were still dating, since neither of them were completely confident about getting married just yet.

Birdo had a job as a makeup artist- people could hire her to do their makeup for special occasions, photoshoots, parties, and more. In addition to that, her obsession with hair bows had never died out. Birdo was not rich, but she was still happy.

Rosalina had become an author of young adult fiction and self-help books for teenagers. In addition to that, she had built a large library that was well-known throughout the town. Because of her multiple achievements, Rosalina was now very wealthy.

Donkey Kong was a professional boxer and track and field athlete. He was a participant in the Mushroom World Sports Tournament, which was held every other year with summer and winter segments. Donkey Kong collected a banana stash that was big enough to be considered a hoard.

Diddy became a gym coach at Mushroom High. His job was quite difficult but he loved it nonetheless. Diddy was also still dating Dixie.

Dixie started showing her secret art to others by sophomore year. She was later able to pursue her dreams of becoming an artist. Dixie's most popular artworks were her paintings.

Being the nerd that he was, Toad became a quantum physics scientist and he loved his job so much that he wouldn't trade it for anything else. But studying formulas about wormholes and time travel all day was very tiring, so Toad mostly did his work at home with a large stock of his favorite food- donuts. Toad and Toadette had been married for six months.

Toadette managed to become a Broadway star with her parents' approval. She was constantly traveling because of her career. However, Toadette had been taking a break from her Broadway life ever since she found out that she was pregnant.

Wario became extremely rich, since he was the founder and CEO of a microgame company. He was a very busy man and was just as overweight as he was in his school days. Wario also lived in a mansion with Waluigi.

Waluigi was the lazier of the pair- he was unemployed and unproductive. He lived off of Wario's money and spent it carelessly. Waluigi' personality had not changed much since 9th grade.

No one knew what Boo had been up to. He had disappeared right after graduating from high school and no one ever saw him again. But, all of the former classmates wished they could meet up with Boo again and catch up with him.

*June 29, 2029*

"Finally!" Peach said excitedly to herself when the doorbell rang.

She opened the door and in came almost all of her classmates from 9th grade.

"Long time no see!" Peach squealed, hugging everyone.

Then all of the guests stood around, glancing at each other and Peach.

"So, everyone's here... Except Boo," Peach sighed.

"I just want him to come out of his hiding spot already!" Bowser stated.

"We all do," Mario replied. "But come on, let's maintain a good mood."

"Right," Peach said. "Follow me to the backyard. Hope you're prepared to swim."

"Dettie, are you gonna swim?" Toad questioned his wife. "I don't know if it would be safe for you."

"Of course I'm swimming," Toadette answered. "I'm only two months pregnant. You can't forbid me to step into the pool."

Practically everyone got into the pool and that was where they decided to begin catching up on things.

"So, how was your honeymoon?" Rosalina asked Luigi and Daisy, who were both significantly more tan than before.

"Let's just say we never wanted it to end," Daisy laughed lightly.

"I love my secretary," Wario sighed happily out of the blue.

"But, she's in Mushroom High," Diddy stated, weirded out. "She's in the 11th grade class."

"Oh, I don't love her in THAT way," Wario replied. "I just appreciate that Mona does pretty much all of my work for me."

"Just like how I appreciate you earning all of my money?" Waluigi said.

"Shut up, you know that you owe me thousands of coins, maybe even a million," Wario shoved his brother.

"No Waluigi, you owe all of the money to Mona, not Wario," Donkey Kong joked.

"Dettie, come in!" Birdo exclaimed, gesturing towards the pool.

"I will later," Toadette promised.

Everyone chatted for about half an hour before Toadette finally decided to go into the pool. Toadette stood at the edge of the pool, about to make a careful entrance.

"Did you all miss me?" a voice suddenly spoke from behind Toadette, causing the pregnant mushroom girl to scream and fall straight into the swimming pool.

Behind her was none other than a slightly bigger and more intimidating Boo.

"Oh Toadette, you haven't changed much," Boo chuckled.

"... B-boo?!" Mario stuttered.

"Yeah, that's me," Boo grinned.

"What are you doing here?" Peach gasped.

"If I'm not mistaken, you invited me to this reunion. Ten times, to be exact," Boo stated.

"Where have you been all this time?" Bowser questioned.

"At home," Boo answered. "I reside in this neighborhood actually, in that mansion that everyone thinks is haunted."

"So, what have you been up to ever since our high school graduation?" Toad asked.

"I inherited my home and money from my parents. I barely go out and buy stuff, meaning I only have to use my money on bills and what not. My life has been pretty pleasant. I was never a people person anyway. But I missed you guys, therefore I decided to attend this reunion. I must say, things are certainly different than I remember from the last time I spent more than a few hours outside," Boo explained. "And what about you all? What have you done since I disappeared? Oh don't tell me, I already know the answers."

"How?" Rosalina replied.

"I can read minds," Boo winked. No one completely believed him, but the subject was dropped anyway.

"Well, you're more than welcome to get into the pool," Peach told Boo.

"Sure, I don't mind floating on water," Boo shrugged.

Finally, the former class was complete.

"Shall I start preparing the lunch?" Yoshi questioned two hours later.

"Yeah, that would be a good idea," Peach answered and everyone began to get out of the pool. "The stuff for the burgers are over there. Are you sure you don't want help?"

"No, I don't need help," Yoshi assured. He began to make burgers for everyone on Peach's backyard grill.

"Hey, Yoshi!" Toadette called.

"Yeah?" Yoshi turned his head to face Toadette.

"Put peanut butter on my burger, please," Toadette requested.

Several people looked at Toadette weirdly.

"Pregnancy cravings," Toadette laughed and everyone immediately understood Toadette's request.

After about twenty minutes, Yoshi served the burgers to everyone. He sat in his seat, not wanting to eat just yet. Everyone else's attention was turned away from their food when they noticed that Birdo spit out something onto her plate.

"Yoshi! What the hell was that?!" Birdo began coughing. "I could have choked or even died-"
Birdo stopped talking in mid-sentence when she realized what exactly she almost choked on. It was a gold ring with a big diamond on it.

"A ring?! Why would you put a ring inside a burger? What were you thinking?" Birdo couldn't help it, she was pissed off.

"Bow, please don't be mad. The ring is for you," Yoshi said patiently.

"Wait, what?" Birdo was now confused.

"The ring is for you," Yoshi repeated. "I got it for you."

The others suddenly realized what was about to happen.

Yoshi picked up the ring from Birdo's plate and got down on one knee.

"I know how you like cheesy romantic movies, so I'll try to be cheesy. Birdo, we've been dating for almost 16 years," Yoshi started. "I can't imagine what these years would be like if we weren't in love. I always tried so hard to be perfect for you, but I've messed up a lot. I'm sorry. I don't know how you never gave up on me, but thank you. I've always been hopeless, even when we were in school. I could go on for hours about why I love you, but you'd eventually stop listening. The reason why I didn't make a move for so long is because I was nervous. I was nervous that I wasn't good enough for you. Actually, I still think I'm not good enough for you. However after at least three years, I'm willing to take a risk. I'm not forcing you to say yes, but... Bow, will you marry me?"

Everyone was suddenly silent as they waited for Birdo's reply.

"Yoshi... Of course!" Birdo's eyes welled up with tears of happiness. She practically fell on Yoshi, hugging him so tightly that this time it was Yoshi that worried he was about to die. Nonetheless, Yoshi felt like he was the happiest person in the world in this exact moment.

No one wanted the reunion to end. This reunion was basically reliving great memories. These great memories would likely be nonexistent if the group's first year at Mushroom High had been any different.

None of the sixteen former classmates ever expected their Mushroom High experiences to affect their futures this much.

First bonus chapter done, two more to go! The next one is my very long author's note so keep an eye out for that if you're interested. Remember to do what I asked of you in the chapter titled "Announcement"- it's really important for the very last bonus chapter. I apologize that this chapter didn't turn out so good. I don't have much else to say except that Birdo's engagement ring in this chapter is based off of the one she wears in the actual games. I'm uploading the next part of this book within this week!

- pinkandpeachy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

917K 21.1K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 40.6K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
256K 7.5K 87
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.3M 57K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC