Dilli Wali Girlfriend [Comple...

By Krazy_Kiran

~Story is completed~ Preety Saini is one of the representatives of the Mehra company. Her superiors want her... More

Chapter 1 - Business Trip
Chapter 2 - Attitude Problems
Chapter 3 - Forced Apology
Chapter 4 - Gurudwara
Chapter 5 - Locks
Chapter 6 - Ratty Office
Chapter 8 Cheapo Arihant
Chapter 9 Blooming Friendship
Chapter 10 Joking & Flirting?
Chapter 11 Private Jet
Chapter 12 Disney World
Chapter 13 Confused Feelings
Chapter 14 Avoid Her
Chapter 15 Kayaking Gone Wrong
Chapter 16 Fake Wala Proposal
Chapter 17 Loca (Crazy)
Chapter 18 Rejection
Chapter 19 Competition
Chapter 20 Kidnapping
Chapter 21 Dinner
Chapter 22 Girlfriend?
Chapter 23 Surrender?
Chapter 24 Heartbreak
Chapter 25 Punjabi Wedding
Chapter 26 Preet Gone Bald
Chapter 27 Rahul Khurana (R. K.)
Chapter 28 Amar Returns
Chapter 29 Love You
Chapter 30 Redemption
Chapter 31 Dilli Wali Complication
Chapter 32 Dilli Wali Marriage
Chapter 33 Dilli Wali Ending

Chapter 7 - Planning Love

6.7K 498 79
By Krazy_Kiran

Chapter 7 - Planning Love

"There's something, Preet."

"I think so, too."

"There is something going on with Rahul Khurana."

"Right you are, Piya."

"He has- "

"Our file and won't return it," I finished for Piyali.

My best friend narrowed her eyes at me as she propped herself up. We had sprawled over the couch watching Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya. We needed our dose of Salman Khan at midnight.

"Preet, not that! I am talking about between you and him," she said. "There is something there. A spark."

"You really need to stop watching these hindi movies. You are losing your mind, Piya."

"No, I'm not. I spent the whole drive wondering. You probably won't like the sound of what I came up with." She seemed to be hiding her face from me.

"I don't doubt you, but what is it?" I asked.

"Maybe you could make Rahul like you."

"Excuse me?"

"Preet, just listen." She acted like it was that simple. "It will make our lives easier with the deal. Plus, there is already a spark between you two, so making him fall for you won't be that hard."

"Piya, you are asking a girl with no experience with boys to make a man fall for her," I said appalled by her proposal. What kind of a nonsense was this?

"I'll help you. Preet, please just go with it," Piya pleaded.

"No."

"Yes. It's a win-win situation!" she argued.

"Playing with someone's feelings is not a win-win."

"Hey, what's the problem in trying? We leave in a week anyway."

We spent another hour arguing over the whole scheme. I was fully against it because it would make me uncomfortable. I never had gotten in a relationship nor did I plan on getting in one anytime soon. Piya promised to teach me how to behave like a "more desirable girl" for Rahul. She wouldn't give up until I gave in.

"Fine, but it better not last too long. I'll punch you if he finds out anything."

"Violent much? Thanks though!" Piya engulfed me in a hug and let go with a bright smile. She had a mischievous smile. "Tomorrow is Sam's birthday party and we're invited. Rahul will be there."

"Oh boy. This is gonna be a disaster."

"Don't worry. Ek week aur ladka in (One week and the guy is in)."

"I thought it was six days?"

"I need to work all week because you are a hopeless cause."

Maybe we shouldn't have watched Kal Ho Na Ho the last two days. Piya got too many of her ideas from my favorite Bollywood actor.

______________________

Piya and I spent all day preparing for Sam's birthday party. We went shopping for acceptable party dresses since it was our first American party. The lady at one of the dress shops was extremely helpful in picking colors that went well with our skin tones.

Piya wore a navy blue sequin dress rhat reached mid-thigh. She wore silver lace up heels with it.

I chose an emerald green off shoulder lace dress. It fell down to my knees and I paired with black pumps I had brought from India.

"You look amazing, Preet."

"You too!"

When the guys saw us, they stared and then frowned.

"Are you two going clubbing? You can't trust the American guys," Jai said. His dark brown eyes scanned every inch of exposed skin. He was always our overprotective brother.

"Make sure you call if you need anything," said Bhim. With our heels, we towered over him.

We told the guys we were just attending a birthday party. They were disappointed not receiving an invitation.

They chose to get over it by heading off the nearest bar.

Piya and I made a run for it when we could.

____________________

Sam's party had a mixture of Americans along with Indians. None of the Indians wore anything close to what their cultural outfits were.

Thank god, the lady at the dress shop helped us pick outfits that fit right in.

"Happy birthday!" Piya said a little loudly. I found Sam with Rahul, talking about something. Great manners, Piya. Way to go. Sam looked up at us, first confused, and then smiled widely when he recognized the faces.

"Thank you!" Sam said. "Glad you two could make it!" He stood tall wearing a black pant suit with a sky blue button down underneath. He looked really handsome especially with the added gelled hair.

Next to him was Rahul Khurana in a black suit but with a white button down and black tie. He looked even better than Sam.

I wished him a happy birthday as well before handing him our gifts we thought he'd find appropriate. He thanked us and before he could open them, someone else took his attention.

He told us to enjoy the party while he took care of other guests. Rahul followed along with his friend but I did exchange eye contact with him.

"This is your chance," Piya whispered to me. "Talk to him and dance with him once the music starts."

"You're crazy," I told her. "Do you want me to die of embarrassment at such a young age."

"Don't be so dramatic," she said unnerved.

"Piya, I don't know how to approach a guy," I told her truthfully.

"It's easy," she said. "Just go up to him and ask him something like when is the appropriate time to leave the party. You can also ask him when you can go to his office to find your file."

"I'm not asking him about the file! That's irrelevant."

"You just need something to start the conversation with," she insisted. "Geez Preet, you're never gonna find a guy if you hide behind me."

I hadn't realized I had backed up behind her. It was instinctively done.

She glared at me until I moved.

"I'm leaving you," she said. "You're on your own while I go make new friends."

"Hey!"

She waved and headed in Sam's direction. I had no choice but to search for Rahul who was chatting with a group of old men.

No way was I diving in that group.

I scooted closer to the food section and helped myself to a glass of water. I was so invested in watching Rahul and Piya that when I turned to put my glass down, I elbowed somebody.

"I'm so sorry," I said quickly. "I didn't see you."

The jet black haired Indian guy stared at me in disbelief. "You didn't see me? Do you understand how much effort was put into this?"

He gestured with his hand towards his black waistcoat suit. I made a quick glance finding this black Nike sneakers not matching the rest of his look.

"You forgot to wear a tie," I told him regrettably.

He groaned. "I know. I lost it. I hate these black tie events because they all just want to look good. I'm already good looking. What more do they want?"

I chuckled at his bluntness. "Tell me about it. On top that, they expect us to socialize."

"That's the best part. It's the best place to find someone or at least hook up," he said putting a hand on the table and leaning forward.

I took a step back. "You're right. I already found someone I'm interested in." My eyes went back to find Rahul.

"I can help," he said. "I'm so bored. By the way, I'm Abhik. Naam to suna hi hoga (Should have heard of the name)," he said and added a wink.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm Preet. Nice to meet you."

"Same. So, who's the lucky guy?" he asked.

I don't know why but I found him trustable enough. "Over there, the young guy in the old men group."

"Rahul?" Abhik scowled at me. "You find him attractive? Which part?" Of course, everyone at this party knew each other.

I made a face. "I'll help myself. Never mind."

"He's nit-picky about dating and relationships," Abhik told me. "You'll have to let the relationship flow naturally and not force him into anything. He runs in the opposite direction fast."

"You seem to know him well," I said surprised.

He nodded sipping on a drink he had grabbed. "We meet consistently at parties and events."

He must belong to a rich family to meet Rahul Khurana so regularly and know his likes and dislikes.

Behind us, someone announced that it was time for music and dancing. Abhik smirked and extended his hand out to me. "May I have the opportunity of dancing with you?"

"I don't think that's a good ide--"

"Please."

"If I step on you, you'll cry."

"This is your opportunity," he whispered. "Rahul will dance too and you'll eventually fall into his arms on the dance floor."

"Fine," I sighed. I had to keep up with Piya.

"Shall we?"

He extended his hand again and I took it this time.

________________

I will admit that dancing with Abhik was fun. He supported me a lot since I wore heels. He was a good conversation maker as well because I was completely distracted from people around us.

Unfortunately, the DJ guy said to switch partners.

"Enjoying the party?" Sam asked as he put a hand on my waist and his other entwined with mine.

"Definitely. How about you and Piya," I teased. He had his first dance with my friend.

We talked a lot about Piya following my comment. I think he had something for my best friend.

The same one who was trying to set me up with his best friend.

When the next switch came, I didn't get a chance to make a run for it. The new partner was Sam's own best friend. My face tightened, and so did his as he put a hand slowly on my waist. His other hand took mine, making my heart pick up.

"Sorry, I'll just leave," I said pulling back, awkwardly.

I simply couldn't force myself on him. It felt too wrong.

"You're going to dance with my cousin then my best friend but leave on my turn?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Abhik's your cousin?" My face fell. I searched until I found Abhik dancing and chattering with Piya. "Please tell me you're lying."

I felt a sudden weakness in my knees. My face burned.

I told his cousin to help me with him.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"I need to talk to Abhik," I said before Rahul could talk to him.

I tried to step away but instead I twisted my foot.

Instead of letting go, he tightened his grip around my waist and helped me regain my balance. I don't think he intended to pull me so close to him, because his eyes were surprised when our faces found themselves barely inches away from each other. I looked at him with wide eyes and he loosened his grip a little. For a second, I forgot how normal breathing went on in my body.

My cheeks burned and senses enhanced at our proximity.

For the sake of Piya's plan, I had to keep doing this.

"It's rude to leave your partner stranded before the music is over," he told me. I kept glancing over at Abhik. What if he told Rahul I was interested in him?! "Abhik must've really caught your attention."

I turned back to my partner. I couldn't let him think I was interested in Abhik.

It was a mess.

"I'm sorry," I said finally. "How are things going? Were you able to sort things out with your sister?"

He seemed taken aback. "How do you know it was my sister?"

"I might've heard the word 'di' (elder sister)," I told him. "I promise I heard nothing else."

His light brown eyes lit up. "Your advice was helpful. I Skype called her and it went well. We're meeting up soon at neutral grounds."

I grinned. "That's excellent. I'm sure everything will sort out soon."

He nodded. "I wanted to thank you. I tried to find you earlier but you were with Abhik." He noticed! I did a mental dance. "Since you're with me now, thanks. I owe you one."

"Well, you know . . . there is a way for you to not owe me," I drawled.

"Nice try," he said catching on quickly. "I'm not saying yes to your company."

I shrugged. "I tried."

"Since I'm feeling generous, I'll give you another chance. Pick something else."

Was he serious? I contemplated for a moment. "Ice cream."

"Out of all the things in New York City, you wish for ice cream?" he asked trying to make sense.

"Haven't you heard of food memory?" I asked. "I won't visit somewhere like Central Park or Times Square ever again. It would eventually be a fragmented memory. But every time when I'll eat ice cream, I'll remember that when I went to America, I helped someone and earned this ice cream."

"Strange logic but okay."

I tried not to burst at his response. So much for being thoughtful.

The music ended too soon and we had to part. Rahul and Sam were equally popular between the men and the women.

Piyali met me with a huge smile on her face.

"What did he say to you?" I gave her a confused look. "Something happened between you and Rahul, right?"

Everything felt surreal.

I gave her a proud smile. "I think I might've landed myself a date."

Her expression was the highlight of my night.

_______________________

Dedicated to MannatBhalla  her support is awesome! Thank you! Read her works, people!

How was the chapter?

Please vote, comment, and share if you like the book so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 17.4K 53
[Arranged Marriage Series-3] It is their first marriage. Can they be each other's second love? Saira is both the princess of her house and a highly r...
3M 108K 125
Most of us look at the Relations in the same way we did years ago, in childish simplicity and an easygoing attitude, but Things ain't that simple whe...
584K 26.8K 66
Book 1 of #ARRANGED HEARTS series.... (This series will contain only arranged marriage stories...so read only if you want to read arranged marriage t...
2.1M 82.9K 72
Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in America. Siddharth and her family came Preet...