CHASING MARWA

By gurlyyy22

Meet Marwa Kabeer Hassan: A rude, narcissistic, audacious, and dramatic lady. She looks very innocent, beauti... More

Warning!!!
2-FEISTY
3-FIRST ENCOUNTER
4-STONED
5-PLAN C
6-BITTER PAST
7-DURBAR
8-RULE BREAKER
9-JUSTICE PREVAILED
10-FIRST DAY
11-SHOCKER
12-HORRIBLE PAST
13-THE GLIMPSE
14-THE ENGAGEMENT
15-EQUIVOCAL
16-RED-HANDED
17-CHANGING
18-THE FIGHT
19-RETALIATION
20;
21-IRON LADY
22-CASE CLOSED
23-PAST LIFE
24-HOMELESS
25-SUNSHINE
26-SURPRISE
27-DENIAL
28-TRUTH OR DARE
29-LICENSED
30-ADMITTED
31-TOXIC
32-NAFISA
33-ADVENTURE
34-THE PARTY
35-LOVE TRIANGLE
36-THE PHOTOSHOOT
37-GUILT
38-CHESS
39-THE MISSION
40-FULFILLED
41-ACTIVATED
42-SPILLED
43-TEN DAYS
44-SPECTRE
45-EXPLODED
46-RUINED
47-TRAUMATIZED
48-REUNITED
49-THE FINAL VERDICT
50-THE MAKAMAS' FAREWELL
51-THE KING
52-FREAK
53-THE RULE
54-SHE'S GONE
55- MELODRAMA
56-WEDDED
57-GRACE TO GRASS
58-HONEYMOON PHASE
59-ENIGMATIC PROFESSOR
60-EXPECTING
EPILOGUE
ANNOUNCEMENT!

1-THE CLASH

4.9K 434 80
By gurlyyy22

OMNISCIENT

Kano State, Nigeria.

"If you don't come downstairs now Marwa, I will bury you alive," Marwa's mother, Nafisa Kabeer Hassan, angrily shouted.

Nafisa Kabeer Hassan is a Fulani woman in her early forties. She is beautiful with tan skin, a petite frame, long ebony hair, coffee-brown eyes, a pointed nose, and cute pink lips. She is a businesswoman who sells all kinds of skincare products brought to her from Borno state. She got married to Kabeer Hassan sixteen years back but he died in an accident and since then, she has been trying to make ends meet with the help she gets from her ex-husband's brother, Omar Hassan.

"I am coming, Mami, just a minute more," Marwa yelled back and quickly slipped into her almost worn-out loafers then sauntered out of her small room which contained a medium-sized mattress, a wooden wardrobe without a door, and a small vanity table that contained the little of her cosmetics.

Marwa Kabeer Hassan is a beautiful nineteen-year-old Fulani girl with a honey-caramel skin tone, a chubby figure, short height, long ebony hair like her mother's, dreamy coffee brown eyes, sharp and pointed nose with plump reddish pink lips.

She also has a birthmark on the nape of her neck which she has no idea where she obtained from because she is the only one who has it in the entire family. Marwa is the fiercest, and most vibrant person to bless the earth, she lives her life in such a way that she doesn't care what anyone thinks of her and one good thing about her is that the girl is never afraid to speak whatever is in her mind.

Presently, Marwa has finished dressing up in a blue floral gown as she moseyed to the living room. The house they live in is a three-bedroom bungalow with a medium-sized living room, a kitchen, and one bathroom.

"Good morning, Mami," Marwa greeted with a cheeky grin.

"Adda Marwa, you always make us late," Hidayah rolled her eyes heavenwards.

Hidayah Kabeer Hassan is Marwa's fourteen-year-old sister. Unlike Marwa, she is skinny but in a good way, she also has long hair but not up to her sister's length which is a weapon her sister uses to annoy her to the core.

"Oh yes! I'm the queen bee, after all," Marwa nonchalantly shrugged and stirred her black Lipton tea then took five slices of bread before sitting down on the carpeted floor. Yes, she's a foodie too.

"You are in two hundred level Marwa, you're mature enough to get married and here you are, always waking up late and lazying around like a bunch of firewood," Nafisa sighed.

"Here we go with marriage talks again. Mami, I want to be a therapist and not some housewife, your girl has big dreams, and I don't know why you keep bothering yourself. Just sit back and enjoy life," She giggled and finished her breakfast then slung her black backpack around her shoulder.

"So you don't want to marry but you want to be called the tomboy or female hooligan, right?" Hidayah sarcastically spoke.

"Yes, dear sis. At least, no idiot will approach me. Now if you're ready, let's get going," She evilly smirked.

"Marwa, I pray for the day when I will see your children and tell them how much of a troublemaker their mother was," Nafisa smiled to herself.

"That ain't gonna happen, Mama. Bye, I love you," Marwa waved and ran out of the house before her mother could start giving her an earful.

She and Hidayah went out of the house and got in the tricycle that was waiting for them. The driver is an old man with grey hair, he takes them to school, picks them up, and sometimes even takes them or their mother around town, they pay him weekly.

Their uncle, Omar Hassan, is the one who pays for their education after their father died. He buys their books and even buys them clothes and helps them with foodstuffs, but they pay the rent of the house they are living in which is why Marwa works as a part-time waitress in a classy restaurant that is a thirty-minute walk away from their house.

They dropped Hidayah in her place of study, Crescent International School, and zoomed off to Marwa's final destination that early morning, Bayero University Kano. Surprisingly, when they reached the junction that would lead them to the gate of the school, they got stuck in a hold-up.

"Malam Salisu, what's happening?" A worried Marwa asked the driver as she worriedly clung to her file. She'd be submitting it by eight but here she is, stuck in a hold-up at 7:50 in the morning.

"Today, Crown Prince Zafeer is coming back to Nigeria after fifteen years, we're waiting for him to pass," He answered with a smile.

Marwa fumed as she thought of possible ways to wipe that stupid smile off his face. She didn't know why the royals thought they were above everyone or what made them feel too important when they were not. And so, as she looked at her file and remembered her wicked lecturer's face, she made up her mind to cross that road and trek to school. She is Marwa Kabeer Hassan!

"See you later, Malam Salisu," And she hopped out of the tricycle before he could protest.

She squared her shoulders and walked with her head held high toward the police and military men who were surrounding the road. Before she reached there, Marwa made sure she burst into full-blown crocodile tears so that she could convince them, people who were watching gave her pitiful looks because the tears looked very sorrowful.

"Please help me, I just want to cross this road. I was on my way to school when someone called me that my brother got into an accident and he's presently inside the university, nobody was willing to rush him to the hospital which was why I decided to come over and save my brother's life," She wept, the officers looked at her with a puzzled expression before it turned into a sympathetic one, her innocent face and dreamy eyes always fool people.

"I don't want my brother to die, please," She cried.

"Alright, hurry up and cross before the convoy arrives, May your brother survive the accident," A young military man replied and they parted ways for her.

Marwa didn't even reply, she ran across the empty road but before she could depart the middle, she heard the unique sirens of the royals in full blast becoming louder with every passing second, she let out a hiss as the cars came in full speed, there was no time to stop, and the black Lexus in front clashed with her, making her fall with a thud.

*

The whole airport was on a survey with different kinds of law enforcement agencies because the Crown Prince of Kano state would finally be stepping foot in Nigeria after spending fifteen years of his life in Saudi Arabia with his maternal grandparents.

The fresh breeze of Kano hit his flawless fair skin, he was wearing a red himar with white jallabiya and black Bottega Veneta aviator, and on his feet were black Versace cover shoes. The heavenly scent of Chanel Imperial Majesty perfume was erupting from him, the real definition of an aristocratic person.

Crown Prince Zafeer Ibn Harith Baghdad is the most pretentious person alive, he feels too big to do something but it's not his fault because he is blessed with blue blood. His maternal grandfather is the Sultan of Saudi Arabia and here, his father is the King of Kano state.

Zafeer Ibn Harith Baghdad is fair in complexion, so fair that it makes him look fragile when he is anything but that. He has jet black hair in the form of bangs which makes him look like the most handsome man in the entire universe, his orbs are black with a long pointed nose, subtle pink lips, and a sharp jaw. His body is to die for, his biceps are bulky with veins trailing from the neck down to various parts of his body, the bodybuilder's physique.

He was being led by the officials who were surrounding him to a black Bentley Continental Flying Spur that was reserved just for him, the window glasses were tinted and the interior was sleek black, he settled in the car and placed his head on the headrest as the procession of cars took off in a uniform speed.

He was watching the scenery with a stern face when he heard the cars come to a halt. The driver, who was dressed in a typical palace guard uniform, which is a red and green babban riga, started shivering. They were told that the Crown Prince was ruthless and could do anything to him without even a word, he dared not to mess with such a person.

"Long live the crown prince. A girl was hit by one of the cars right now, she stood up saying her books must be compensated," Thankfully, a palace guard came to rescue the chauffeur.

"Give her whatever she wants and find out everything about her. I want full information by tomorrow," His British accent with a tinge of Arabian got them thinking if he was the man who just spoke, his voice was very deep and his accent just made it more fascinating, even the way he talked or acted is pure etiquette.

"Right away, Your Highness," The guard answered before strutting away.

Shortly after the cars zoomed off, he saw an innocent girl with dreamy coffee brown eyes angrily tossing the bundle of one thousand Naira notes she was given by the guards as she stood up and dusted her clothes then hugged her backpack before crossing the road.

Zafeer was curious as to why a young girl who looked to be in dire need of money would carelessly toss it on the road. Something about that girl got to him and he felt like he wanted to know everything about her, she was rare.

*

"Why are you walking like a crazy woman? Oh! I forgot that you're crazy," Shukrah Omar Hassan stared at the girl in front of her with an amused expression.

Shukrah Omar Hassan is Marwa's cousin and best friend. She is the only person who is not ashamed to be seen with Marwa. Well, Marwa is being criticized, some call her a tomboy or female hooligan while others call her poor, not that she cares.

"Yes, I am crazy because the fucking crown prince or whatever he calls himself hit me, one of the cars in his convoy hit me!" Marwa screamed angrily, earning the attention of other people.

"Marwa, come here," Shukrah dragged her friend to the back of the class and sat her down.

"When are you going to stop hating the royals?" She sighed.

"Again, you're siding with those stupid aristocratic, high-class people who think the world was created just for them. I am fucking tired of this life where nobody sees what I can," Marwa angrily banged her hands on the table.

"No, it's not like that. Tell me what happened now, I'm sorry," Shukrah apologized and looked at her best friend who scoffed before blabbering everything that transpired between her and the crowned prince's entourage.

"You mean you threw away one hundred thousand Naira just because of your goddamn anger?" Shukrah gasped.

"I don't want their filthy money and don't you dare talk about this again," She rolled her eyes.

"Yo female hooligan, what's up?" A skinny guy asked, it was evident that he was trying to irk her the more.

"Do me a favour when you go home today. Tell your Mama to help you with size seven diapers because you're still a baby and I don't deal with skinless chickens like you," She gave him the middle finger just as giggles erupted from the crowd there, the guy was embarrassed for his life and he made a mental note to never mess with Marwa again.

Marwa left the forensics department feeling slightly better after the pep talk with her best friend. With a thumping heart, she entered the lecturer's office in the therapeutic department, knowing well that she was in for it.

"Marwa Kabeer Hassan, what time did I say you should submit your assignment?" He raised his head to look at her, his bald shining under the bright orange light, making her stifle a laugh.

"E-eight, Sir," She stuttered with a pitiful face.

He stood up from his seat and rounded the table so that he was facing her now, his pot belly dancing with every movement that he made.

"And what time did you come here?" He looked at her sternly.

"Nine fifteen, Sir," She shuddered and moved backwards when she felt him too close.

"One hour and fifteen minutes later, you still want me to collect this?" He whispered as she narrowed her eyes into slits, thinking of ways to annihilate him forever.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I got into an accident," She guiltily murmured.

He took in her outfit and a slight smirk appeared on his face. The girl was not afraid of him one bit, she was just insecure but he seemed to be misusing the power he has.

"Okay, bring it because you are my best student. Last warning," He uttered and she happily handed him the file.

"Thank you, Prof. Lamido," She gave him the widest grin and sauntered out, already hatching a plan on how to disgrace him for good.

Marwa, being the clever folk, has already figured out that the professor wants to take advantage of her. She decided to act like a foolish girl until he made his move, that is when she would strike and ruin his career, for life. Thankfully, her lectures would start around nine-thirty so she had less than fifteen minutes to spare and prepare herself for the day.

*

Her favourite class, counselling, was over. The lecturer is a middle-aged with woman a petite figure and beautiful features, she knows there is potential in Marwa which is why she tries her best to encourage the girl to study hard. The woman, Miss Victoria, is also their head of department.

"Alright class, here are the places you've been posted for your internship, starting next week Monday," She called them name by name and finished. Marwa was the last person and she smiled before giving her the paper, Marwa opened it and let out a shrill of excitement.

"Fifty-five thousand per month as an intern? No way!" She grinned.

"Just try and work hard, Marwa. You are our best student in this department and I know you won't let us down," Victoria smiled.

"Yes, Ma'am. Thank you so much," She smiled and put the slip into her backpack.

The hospital Marwa was sent to is not an ordinary one, it is that kind of hospital where a person wonders if he or she is in a hospital and not a utopia, for them to reserve an office and pay an intern fifty-five thousand monthly, it sure is a gig.

But Marwa is not doing this for money even though she needs it, it breaks her heart to see a person in trauma, and she feels the urge to help that person in every possible way she can. She had experienced nightmares when she was three years old, she knows the agony they go through which is why she decided to study therapy to heal hearts and minds.

Hello everyone, your girl is here with another wahala again😂

Who dey feel this story?😂💃

Aiit, I am in love with Zafeer already😩❤️

Marwa is my fav tho😂💃❤️

Grab some popcorn and a tissue cos this is gonna be a hilarious, adventurous and bumpy ride😁😌💃

Adíos💝

Love y'all,
Gurlyyy22🌷.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

749K 24.5K 52
Zoya Anwar an innocent Muslim girl. She is hardworking, always smiling, and is always ready to help others. Men were all over her whenever someone sa...
16.4K 1.7K 28
In a world where a father is every daughter's first love, it was quite the opposite for her. The man that gave birth to her treats her as a sworn ene...
57.8K 6.1K 68
COMPLETED βœ”οΈβœ”οΈ "I don't want to argue with you, Z." Karim gritted out. "Stop calling me that, Karim." Zaira growled. "Do not refer to me by my name...
1.6M 59.9K 36
(UFW sequel#2) (Unwanted series#3) Ask me. What was my fault in all this? Just this I love him without my knowledge. I fell for him when I knew he co...