πƒπ’πšπ―π¨π₯𝐚 βœ“

By jacqualinereads

π’π‘πž 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐒π₯, 𝐬𝐑𝐞 𝐒𝐬 𝐬𝐒𝐧. Valentina Rossi was taken away from her father and brother... More

PREFACE
CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
01 | I Promise, Always
02 | Pinky Swear
03 | Do You Trust Me?
04 | Cut the Bullshit
05 | Believe me
06 | Okay
07 | I'll Find You
08 | New York, New York
09 | Awkward
10 | Cigars and Cologne
11 | I Told You
12 | Are You Happy?
13 | Mute
14 | Nervous?
15 | Vixen
16 | It's Business
17 | Perfect Blackmail
18 | Self Defense
19 | Double Tap Bitch
20 | You Surprise Me
21 | Secondhand High
22 | Weed and Leather
23 | Dream
24 | Sing
25 | Drowning
26 | Pray For Me
27 | Thank You
28 | Truths
29 | Feels Right
30 | Slap Me
31 | Breath of Fresh Air
32 | Heartache
33 | Plans and Frustrations
34 | Love
35 | Weirdo
36 | Oh Shit
37 | Pure
38 | Guilty
39 | Too Pretty to Die
40 | What Are We?
41 | Grateful
42 | Shit Show
43 | Rightful Heir
44 | Revelations
45 | Let The Show Begin
46 | One Hell Of A Fight
47 | That Was Fun
48 | I'm Lost
49 | Real Talks
50 | Decisions
51 | Forbidden
52 | Chance
53 | One Down, One To Go
54 | Family
55 | Unplanned Date Night
56 | Little Brother
57 | Support
58 | Suspicious
59 | Here's The Plan
60 | Move Out
61 | They Don't Call Me Diavola For Nothing
62 | My Girl
63 | How Is This Possible?
64 | Blessing
65 | Dreams and Recovery
66 | Soap Opera
67 | The Italian Aren't Welcome
68 | More Introductions
69 | Respect
70 | It'll Always Be You
71 | Bad Word
72 | Unbothered
73 | Gabriel
74 | Like Old Times
75 | Vendetta
76 | Now I Escape
77 | Seduce and Kill
78 | We Are Coming For You
79 | Finally
80 | I Missed You
81 | Andrè and Alec
82 | Valentina
83 | Now What?
84 | Tease
85 | Goodbye
86 | Bonding and Worries
87 | Immature
88 | Double Date?
89 | Disaster
91 | We Know
92 | Presents and Confessions
93 | More Gifts
94 | Tattoo
95 | Challenge Accepted
96 | Sleep Tight Bitch
97 | Holy Shit
98 | Thoughts and Doubts
99 | Clueless
100 | Another Day, Another War
SEQUEL

90 | Apology

34.5K 1.2K 326
By jacqualinereads

Fucking Rowan King dared to hold a gun to my sister's head whilst she was on a date, he's lucky I don't kill him myself. I can't believe he even approached her, I want to do business with them but not if that's how he's going to react when confronted by someone.

I'm praying for the day when Xavier finally takes over, him I can easily deal with. He's nothing like his father, he's more level-headed. He's kind of bond with our family a little which is good. I don't have any issues with Xavier but it's his father who's going to ruin it for them.

Rowan needs to be put in his place and that's exactly what Valentina did, she maybe shouldn't have shot him twice but she got her point across.

"You still want to do business with that asshole?" Vince scoffs.

"Him? No. Xavier? Yes."

"Have you heard anything from Milos?" Nic asks, looking up from his phone.

"Not yet," I mumble, pouring myself some more whiskey.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing at all, I heard that his father is finally out of a coma now. They're most likely planning something unsettling, I know they're going to come after us or worse after Val herself.

I just have this never-ending pit in my stomach that something is going to happen and soon, we've upped our security and have continuously trained our men. Dad had spoken to Valentina this morning about not leaving the house unless one of us and some guards are with her, she refused of course being stubborn.

"I have this feeling something is going to happen," Nic mutters.

Someone knocking on my door grabs my attention, telling the person to come in. One of my men walks in and bows his head before informing us that Xavier King is here, gaining Vince and Nic's attention.

"Let him in and escort him to my office please."

"Yes, boss."

He leaves the office to get Xavier, gulping down the rest of my drink, I pour myself another one. He has some of the biggest balls coming here just after his father held a gun to my baby sister's head, I'll give him props for that.

I know it wasn't him who was holding the gun but it was someone related to him if I know anything in this business of the mafia it's that if someone in your family does something it reflects on the family name. Reputation is everything, family is everything.

"I can't believe he's come to our home after what his father just did, he better not run into Valentina." Nic grits, his grip tightening around his phone.

"At least she'd be able to handle herself with them, we know that now don't we?" Vince sighs.

Just then a knock sounds on the door, telling them to enter. Xavier walks in with confidence, nodding to us three before approaching my desk and taking a seat in front of it.

"Xavier to what do we owe this pleasure?" I sarcastically spit.

"I'm here to apologize, look my father was out of order tonight he shouldn't have held a gun to Valentina's head tonight. He knows this now, he will never apologize as it shows a sign of weakness but on behalf of him I'm apologizing to you and your family."

"Really? That pussy couldn't even apologize for himself?" A voice at the door cuts in.

We all see Valentina standing there wearing Dom's basketball shorts and Rome's oversized hoodie that she's practically drowning in. Her hair is in one of the ugliest buns I've ever seen in my life, whenever she's dressed like this it means she feels like shit.

"We appreciate you coming here Xavier but you're not the one that needs to apologize, Rowan should be here although I did shoot both his legs so I don't think he'll be here anytime soon." She chuckles, walking into the room and sitting next to Nic, surprising him.

"Yes — well we all know Rowan King is a stubborn man. I don't see apologizing as a sign of weakness I see it as a sign of —" but Valentina cuts Xavier off, finishing his sentence for him, "respect."

"Exactly." He sighs, leaning back in his seat.

"How long till you take over the mafia?" Val casually asks.

"I don't know, I always ask and he always blows me off about it. It's like he doesn't want me to take over even though I'm ready, why?" He sits up straighter, elbows resting on his knees as he looks at her in question.

"Well I know Luciano here wants to do business with your mafia but I have a feeling your father isn't going to go for it, am I right?"

"Correct, I'm not sure why but he doesn't want to get involved with you all. There was only one way he wanted to be involved —" but he cuts himself off, snapping his mouth shut.

"What was it?" Vince asks, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Nothing. It's not important, I've said too much." Xavier blurts out.

"Arranged marriage, he wanted you and I to marry?" Val asks, confusion laced in her tone.

Xavier's eyes widen before he closes them and sighs, "okay yes, but I refused the idea and he never bought it up again and we left it at that."

What is it with all these mafia's wanting to marry into our family and with our baby sister? There is no way she is marrying anyone right now, over my dead body.

"It doesn't make sense though, why would he want that from the start but now he has some kind of grudge against us?" Val ponders, leaning her head on Nic's shoulder who stiffens.

"I don't know." He mutters.

"How long have you been trying to get a deal with him Luc?" Val asks, looking at me.

"Over three years and nothing, he palms me off all the time." I carelessly shrug.

"Interesting —" She mumbles, staring at the wall across from her in thought, "maybe it's power? Maybe he doesn't want to work with us but rule over us? Have you had any issues with any deals or shipments?"

"What are you trying to say?" Xavier asks, clearly offended.

"We've had some issues, yes, but I'm not willing to disclose any information here right now," I mutter, avoiding eye contact with Xavier since he's the reason why I don't want to talk right now about it.

"Fine —" she sighs, "my birthday is in two days, I'm having a family dinner here with you all. No parties or anything I hate that shit. Xavier, would you like to come?"

"Me?" He asks, confused.

"Did I stutter?" She retorts.

"Okay yes, I'll come, thank you for the invitation. I must be leaving now before my father finds out I'm here, again I am deeply sorry about what happened tonight." He says, standing up.

"Your daddy got you on a tight leash huh?" Val chuckles, the rest of us gape at her.

"Valentina!" I warn her, not wanting her to say anything else offensive even if it may be true and what we're all thinking.

"What? It's not a lie. Look, Xavier, you're a better man than your father and that's a fact. We're going to help you take over the mafia and in return, we want a deal."

"Fine, you have my number, Luciano. When you're ready to talk about it, call me otherwise I'll see you all in two days for Valentina's birthday." He nods to us before leaving the office.

"And how exactly are we going to help him take over the mafia from his father?" Nic asks, glancing at Valentina who's smirking.

Oh lord help me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 2.1K 31
Ten years. It's been ten years since the boys have been held up in prison cells for accounts such as murder, drug possession and robbery. Four years...
215K 4.5K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...
173K 3.7K 25
Sierra and Sienna were the first girls in the Italian mafia after many generations. Their mother had ran away with them because she didn't want them...
RED πŸ₯€ By SophieGail

Mystery / Thriller

237K 9.4K 55
The world thinks she's dead, purely so she could become her fathers ultimate & deadliest weapon. Armed with a new alias & a fearless attitude Gabrie...