Loving the Fighter

By EmmittRose

Book 1 This is a boyxboyxboyxboy story! 17 year old Jaxon Young is only good at one thing: fighting. He figh... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Cover submittions (CLOSED)
35
36
37
38
39
Q&A
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69 <- hehe nice
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
Chapter was deleted due to Wattpad guidlines
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
143
144
Book 2 has been published!

142

17.4K 779 331
By EmmittRose

Jax's POV

Time has been flying by.

School was getting easier since we were winding down. We were all spending time outside again. A month had already passed but it felt like Town Day was just a few days ago.

"Does anyone have anything they want to say," Andrew asked at our second group session. Liam was playing with his hands like he was nervous about something.

"Carter did really good at Town Day," Ryder said with a smile. "Patrick only had to tell him to calm down once." Andrew smiled brightly at that before looking over to everyone else.

"Ryder didn't freak out after 'it' happened," Callum praised as he kissed Ryder's forehead. "Not even a nightmare."

"We talked about that," Andrew said with another smile. "You're all getting a lot better."

"I need to tell Jax something," Liam said before I had the chance to think of something. I raised an eyebrow at him as I waited for him to continue. Andrew let a sad expression fall on his face, almost like he knew what Liam was about to say.

"Why do I feel like I'm not going to like where this is going," I asked, making Liam look up at me.

"Right before we started dating," he started, "after you told me about your problems, I blew up at Andrew and I told him on accident."

All eyes were on me as I processed what he had said.

I wasn't mad that he told Andrew; at least I'm not mad now. I'm sure I would have been pissed if he told me when it happened. It's probably a good thing he waited but there was still a problem.

"So when I asked all of you who told him, and all of you said you knew nothing about it, you all lied to me," I asked, trying to keep myself from exploding.

"Hold on a second," Callum said quickly as he took my hand. I kind of wanted to shove him away but I force myself to take a breath and hear him out first. "Ryder and I didn't know anything but tell me honestly you wouldn't have gone off at him if he had told you that night."

"That's not the point," I say as I force myself to stay calm. "He could see that I was pissed and he still lied."

"He lied because you were upset," Andrew said gently, almost like he was trying to stay neutral. "We all know you don't tend to think rationally when you get mad." He had a point but I was still mad.

"Are you mad now," Liam asked hesitantly when I go quiet.

"I'm not exactly thrilled," I say a bit too harshly. "But with the benefit of hindsight I can say that it's probably a good thing that you told Andrew. It's not like I would have told him and Carter wasn't around so he wasn't going to help." Liam let out a small breath that he had been holding.

"I don't love that you lied either," Callum admitted. "I know why you did and it's probably a good thing that you did but since when do we lie to each other? If you had told him Ryder and I would have helped both of you get through it."

"I was afraid you would both take sides. I knew you would take his and Ryder would take mine and we would be divided. We had just started dating Jax at that point; I didn't want anyone to feel like we made a mistake dating him. I know I don't have an excuse for telling Andrew or for lying about it but I do need you to know I feel terrible about it." I only hummed.

He does sound pretty sorry. And you have to admit that he has a point about all of it.

'So if you were in my place you wouldn't be mad at all,' I asked sarcastically.

No, I'd be just as mad as you but let's be honest, you still like him and you aren't going to break up with him, so that only leaves you with one option. Forgive him and let this be a learning moment.

I wanted to scoff at that. I hate when Carter makes good points when I'm mad.

"I'm still mad," I say after a while. "Being lied to is a big no for me. I can't stand it but you had a decent enough reason to. But for future reference, I'd rather be pissed off once in the moment than twice, once in the moment and then again when the truth comes out."

Liam only nods as he looks back down at the floor. You could practically see the shame rolling off of him.

I couldn't help the small smile that came across my face as I stood up. At least he was being honest about being sorry.

My arms wrapped around his waist as I picked him up and sat back in my original spot before settling him on my lap, facing me. My lips went to the shell of his ear.

"Thank you for telling me."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I say before biting his ear. "You can show me how sorry you are when we get back to the cabin," I whispered. I can't help but smirk as I feel his dick start poking into my side.

"Can anyone think of anything else that needs to be addressed," Andrew asked before my lips could attach to Liam's neck. Liam pouted a bit as I turned him back around to face Andrew. I didn't miss Callum's small smirk.

"Callum's gone almost 2 months without blowing up," I say as if nothing happened a few second ago.

"It's progress," he says with a small frown. "But my last streak was 6 months so I still have a ways to go."

"Progress is still progress," Andrew said with a smile. When no on said anything after a while his face turned serious again. "I've already talked to each of you about careers and things like that but Mary and I need to know what kind of apartment we need to get you. Have you thought about it?"

"We want a two bedroom," Ryder says excitedly. "A two bathroom would be nice but we can deal with one."

"Possibly animal friendly if we can," Callum puts in quickly as Andrew starts writing.

"The two bedroom and two bathroom is possible but sadly the guy who owns the building doesn't allow any pets. Camp will pay for the first 1 month and then after that you can choose if you want to stay there or find a pet friendly place." Callum frowns at that but there wasn't anything we could do about it for another month.

"So, with all of that said, you guys leave in two months. I suggest you go ahead and start packing before it gets too close to the move out date so nothing is too overwhelming."

"How much is rent for this place," I find myself asking, even though I really didn't want to think about it. I hated thinking about money but I always find myself stressing over it.

"With the camp discount it's actually pretty manageable since we also live in a low cost state. It will only be about 600 a month and with the jobs I have set up for all of you, money shouldn't be a problem." His words were meant to make me feel better but I was still kind of freaking out.

"You guys know I won't be getting paid right," I ask just to make sure. "Tattoo apprentices don't get paid until they get certified."

"We know," Callum said with a gentle smile as he grabbed my hand. "We'll be able to cover your share until you get paid. Or worse case scenario we try to help you find a part time job until you get certified."

"This is probably a weird thing to ask," I start as I play with Liam's hand. "But I want to handle the money for the budget. Since my dad sucked with money, I always felt better when I was in charge of it. If that's not okay that's fine though-"

"Babe," Callum started as he put a hand on the one I was using to play with Liam's hand. "If it makes you feel better, you can handle it. We trust that you'll use it responsibly."

"Anything else we need to talk about today? I'm hoping for this to be the last group session while we're at camp so if anyone has something, no would be the time to say it."

When no one answers, Andrew smiles.

"We'll still have our private session up until you leave but I just want to make sure you all know how proud I am of all of you. You've all come so far since you got here and I can't wait to see how you use what you learned in our sessions. It's been a pleasure to help all of you."

This was it.

Only one more month and we would be on our own.

I was ready for it but I was also really nervous.

Every since I got here I've been waiting for the day when I would be able to leave but now that it was this close to actually happening, I'm not sure I'm as ready as I thought I was.

I decided that I'm only going to have two more chapters after this. I know I said closer to 13 but I don't want to drag it out anymore and I don't want to keep using fillers but if I add drama now it will be pointless. So two more chapters but let this be the offical announcement. 

Loving the Fighter will be getting a second book. 

I do need a cover though. If you want to make a cover DM me here or on Insta. Those who give me premission, I will post your covers on Insta so even if I don't choose yours, everyone will still get to see it.

Last updated June 20, 2021 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 59.2K 36
Jason Williams didn't think going out to dinner with his family was going to be any different than usual. Comments about his sexuality, some teasing...
99.6K 2.9K 21
This story is what I imagine after the confrontation between the minor and major family. ---------------------------------------------------- I regre...
258K 6.6K 31
Riley Smith is about as troubled as they come, he's anorexic but in denial about it and fights a lot. What happens when his parents kick him out then...
574K 18.9K 48
Ohio's life was nothing special to him, being adopted by two gay men, suddenly having two older sisters who are also adopted, and a somewhat sketchy...