πƒπ’πšπ―π¨π₯𝐚 βœ“

By jacqualinereads

π’π‘πž 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐒π₯, 𝐬𝐑𝐞 𝐒𝐬 𝐬𝐒𝐧. Valentina Rossi was taken away from her father and brother... More

PREFACE
CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
01 | I Promise, Always
02 | Pinky Swear
03 | Do You Trust Me?
04 | Cut the Bullshit
05 | Believe me
06 | Okay
07 | I'll Find You
08 | New York, New York
09 | Awkward
10 | Cigars and Cologne
11 | I Told You
12 | Are You Happy?
13 | Mute
14 | Nervous?
15 | Vixen
16 | It's Business
17 | Perfect Blackmail
18 | Self Defense
19 | Double Tap Bitch
20 | You Surprise Me
22 | Weed and Leather
23 | Dream
24 | Sing
25 | Drowning
26 | Pray For Me
27 | Thank You
28 | Truths
29 | Feels Right
30 | Slap Me
31 | Breath of Fresh Air
32 | Heartache
33 | Plans and Frustrations
34 | Love
35 | Weirdo
36 | Oh Shit
37 | Pure
38 | Guilty
39 | Too Pretty to Die
40 | What Are We?
41 | Grateful
42 | Shit Show
43 | Rightful Heir
44 | Revelations
45 | Let The Show Begin
46 | One Hell Of A Fight
47 | That Was Fun
48 | I'm Lost
49 | Real Talks
50 | Decisions
51 | Forbidden
52 | Chance
53 | One Down, One To Go
54 | Family
55 | Unplanned Date Night
56 | Little Brother
57 | Support
58 | Suspicious
59 | Here's The Plan
60 | Move Out
61 | They Don't Call Me Diavola For Nothing
62 | My Girl
63 | How Is This Possible?
64 | Blessing
65 | Dreams and Recovery
66 | Soap Opera
67 | The Italian Aren't Welcome
68 | More Introductions
69 | Respect
70 | It'll Always Be You
71 | Bad Word
72 | Unbothered
73 | Gabriel
74 | Like Old Times
75 | Vendetta
76 | Now I Escape
77 | Seduce and Kill
78 | We Are Coming For You
79 | Finally
80 | I Missed You
81 | Andrè and Alec
82 | Valentina
83 | Now What?
84 | Tease
85 | Goodbye
86 | Bonding and Worries
87 | Immature
88 | Double Date?
89 | Disaster
90 | Apology
91 | We Know
92 | Presents and Confessions
93 | More Gifts
94 | Tattoo
95 | Challenge Accepted
96 | Sleep Tight Bitch
97 | Holy Shit
98 | Thoughts and Doubts
99 | Clueless
100 | Another Day, Another War
SEQUEL

21 | Secondhand High

66.4K 2.2K 1.6K
By jacqualinereads

Holy shit, Val knocked Messiah out cold. I'm standing here fucking speechless. Honestly, I think everyone in the gym is speechless, people are gawking at her jaws slacked, wide-eyed.

Blinking out of my daze, I see Nate move to help Val out of the ring, he gives her a bear hug and swings her around, her laughing breaking the tense atmosphere around us.

Dad walks over to them and grabs her hugging and congratulating her, she has the smuggest look on her face. I guess she did warn him and Felix, she has every right to be smug.

I look back to my brothers and friends and all their eyes are on her, watching her every move. Nate advances towards us, smirking.

"Pay up ladies —" he chuckles, "told you to bet on her," he shrugs, putting his hand out for us to pay up.

The asshole knew she could fight.

I can't believe how easy that was for her, she didn't even look panicked or out of breath, she was calm and focused.

In my peripheral vision, I see Val going back into the ring where Messiah is still laying on the floor unconscious and Felix is hovering over him looking concerned for his boss. She says something to Felix who nods and they both help him up and carry him out of the gym.

"Luciano, I don't think she needs training with hand-to-hand combat. Maybe see how she goes with a weapon, get Messiah to help her with knives, and get Dom to help her with guns." Dad says casually, a proud look adorning his features.

"What if she asks questions?" Luc counters.

"I'm telling her tomorrow about what we do, I'm telling both her and Nate. We should get him in on the training as well. Set up a fight with him and Felix, I think Messiah deserves a rest after that." Dad smiles.

I cut in on their conversation, "where did they take him anyway?" Dad slides his gaze onto me, "they took him to her room, she's going to help Felix clean his wounds." With that he walks away, dismissing the off-duty guards and briskly leaving the gym with Luc and Vince following close behind.

"What the fuck just happened?" Emèlia screams Andrè's eyes bulge out of his sockets, "Language Em!" She only waves him off and runs out of the gym.

"Dude, your sister is so fucking hot, I can't believe she knocked out one of your best guards!" Alec blurts out, my head snaps in his direction along with the rest of my brothers and we glare at him.

He's lucky I don't put him 6 feet under.

"Fucking run Alec!" I sneer at him, advancing towards him fists clenched. He doesn't even hesitate he bolts screaming, running for his life out of the gym.

I stay in my spot and smirk, I've still got it. I turn to Gio who's pissing himself laughing, slapping Rome on the back. Rome chortles at Alec's reaction and Andrè shakes his head.

"Let us go to my room, I have a couple of joints we can hit," I say over my shoulder making my way out.

D I A V O L A

We're sitting in Val's room, keeping an eye on Messiah who's sleeping on her bed. Felix and she cleaned his wounds and laid him down to rest.

Emèlia barges through the door and she rushes over to Val hugging her, Val tenses up and awkwardly hugs her back making me quietly chuckle.

"Oh my god, that was amazing! We need to celebrate! Let's go to the local diner for some food and milkshakes," Em murmurs, breaking up the hug.

Val sneaks a glance at Messiah and she looks conflicted I can tell she wants to stay to make sure he's okay, I walk up behind her and throw my arms around her, "he'll be fine love, we should go."

She huffs and crosses her arms pouting at me, "fine, Felix has to come for obvious reasons, do you mind driving Felix?"

Felix shakes his head no, and calls someone on a walkie-talkie to come to watch Messiah, he stands up and exits Val's room. Em squeals and holds something up in her hands.

I walk closer to her and take a closer look narrowing my eyes, "oh shit, Val, she's got some joints on her! Fuck yeah!"

"I stole them from Dom's room before I barged in here, he has a draw full of them. Biggest pothead I know,  I think it helps with his anger issues." Em shrugs.

Val claps excitedly and pushes us out of her room before she quickly dashes back and lays a little kiss on Messiah's forehead.

Does she like him? I'm going to have to ask her.

D I A V O L A

Felix is driving us to a diner about an hour away, I'm sitting in the back with Em and Val is riding shotgun with Felix.

Val turns in her seat, "okay time to light these babies up —" she grins from ear to ear, "Felix, not a word to my dad or brothers otherwise what happened to Mez, will happen to you, understand?" He nods frantically.

Em, pass a blunt to Val who connects her phone to the stereo in the car, playing our favorite song when we get high together. It brings back so many memories, I mean we're not big potheads but we do enjoy a blunt or two. Our song 'blueberry yum yum by Ludacris blares through the speakers and Val turns it up.

A/N — the song is above, welcome to listen to it while they get baked in the car.

Em squeals and lights up the blunt between her lips takes a long drag from it and hands it over to me. Em sits back in her seat and giggles, I pray this girl isn't a fucking lightweight.

Puffing on the blunt I lean back and relax, I watch Val light hers up and take loads of hits, jamming out to our song.

"You know how people get secondhand smoke from a cigarette. Does that mean you'll get second-hand high with us, Felix?" Val ponders.

Felix shrugs, I take one more drag from the blunt and pass it back to Em.

Val starts singing and dancing, "Fire, fire got me so tired, I'ma stop, drop, and roll, put a wet towel under the door." we all crack up laughing in the car.

At this point I'm pretty baked, we keep passing around the joints and laughing at random shit.

"Do you think sand is called sand because it's between the sea and land?" Em blurts out, giggling.

"Why is it called a building if it's already built?" Val continues.

"If you smoke weed on a boat, does that make it seaweed?" I wheeze out.

"If you're waiting for the waiter, aren't you the waiter?" Val chokes out.

Why is it we come up with the weirdest shit when we're high as fuck?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

RED πŸ₯€ By SophieGail

Mystery / Thriller

238K 9.4K 55
The world thinks she's dead, purely so she could become her fathers ultimate & deadliest weapon. Armed with a new alias & a fearless attitude Gabrie...
173K 3.7K 25
Sierra and Sienna were the first girls in the Italian mafia after many generations. Their mother had ran away with them because she didn't want them...
23.5K 618 22
VALENTINA RUSSO. ( Lombardi ) She is an assassin cold but well mannered, sweet and talkative only for her mom and her loved one...
57K 2.1K 31
Ten years. It's been ten years since the boys have been held up in prison cells for accounts such as murder, drug possession and robbery. Four years...