THERAPIST | JACK THOMPSON

By leebaxt0n

"She's good at being good for other people." Season One : Completed STARTED : 5th May 2021 FINISHED : 24th Au... More

TITLE PAGE
PREVIEW
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELEVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO

NINETEEN

2.3K 99 10
By leebaxt0n

» [mr loverman-ricky montgomery] «
0:48 ─〇───── -2:48
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

"I can see why he hired you. You're smart, cool-headed, extremely loyal, which is surprising," Jack paused hesitantly. "considering you were charged with treason."

Evelyn noticed the way that Jarvis' face fell. She closed her eyes and let go of a heavy sigh, desperately just wanting to help the man. She looked across to Peggy almost pleadingly, hoping that she would do something to help him.

"There you go. Stay on him." Cheif Dooley encouraged, despite Jack not being able to hear him.

"Oh, yeah. It's right here. There's not much in there." Jack slowly stood up and began placing across the room. "But seeing as whatever you did's been swept under a rug, I'm guessing it's a big green one made of Stark money, hmm?"

He sat down on the table beside Jarvis. His heart was racing at the idea of Evelyn finding out that he brought up Jarvis' treason. He could only imagine how upset with him she would be.

"So, you dodged the treason conviction." Jack sarcastically clapped. "But you couldn't get out of the dishonorable discharge. Well, I guess money can't buy everything. This looks bad." He pause. "Bad to every good man who ever served, bad to your friends, neighbors."

Jack stood up once again before walking to stand behind Jarvis. He placed his hands down on Jarvis' shoulders and leant down muttering,

"And to the fine folks at the office of immigration." Evelyn's eyes filled with tears at the mention of immigration. "Yeah, I'm putting that on the table. That'll be a fun conversation to have with the wife. Yeah?"

She couldn't believe this was the card that Jack had decided to play. He knew that Jarvis was her friend, someone she cared for deeply and he was threatening him with immigration.

"'Honey, pack a bag. Spot of bother. We're being deported.'" Jack said imitating Jarvis. "You know what? Let's get her on the phone. I'll tell her myself."

"You leave my wife out of this." There was nothing and nobody that Jarvis cared more about than his wife.

Ana was his whole world, Jarvis would do anything to protect her. Evelyn knew that she was his only weakness, other than that, he would protect Howard until his last dying breath.

"You dragged her into it when you broke the law with your boss. You pay, she pays." Jack leant against the wall with a cocky smirk.

"He's about to fold." Chief Dooley said smugly as he leant on the desk in anticipation.

Evelyn began to anxiously pick at her nail polish, she looked up to Chief Dooley with a questioning brow raise as she said,

"And admit what? He's an innocent man."

"If I had my way, damn near everything. This guy washes Stark's underwear. He knows." Chief Dooley responded as he looked down to the blue eyed girl.

Evelyn looked towards Peggy desperately, neither of them wanted to see Jarvis in trouble. They both cared for the man. He was important to them. Every time Evelyn got close to someone, they always ended up getting hurt.

"Hey, it's just getting good." Sousa announced as Peggy stood up to leave.

"I should get back to my station." Peggy uttered as she made a swift exit.

"I'm sure the last thing you want is to put Ana on a plane and have to explain why." Jack muttered, causing Evelyn to shake her head in disappointment.

Not even two minutes later, Peggy came back inside with a folder. She nodded down to Evelyn, silently telling her that she had it covered and for her not to worry.

"Excuse me, Chief Dooley. I need your signature, sir." Peggy announced as she walked over to the man.

"What? Can't it wait?" Chief Dooley questioned as he motioned to Jack and Jarvis in the other room.

To say he was invested would be an understatement. He wanted to watch as Jarvis folded like a cheap suit. He wanted to bring Howard Stark down once and for all.

"I'm afraid the codes are ready for analysis. I need your approval." Peggy placed her folder over Chief Dooley's file. It was something that didn't go unnoticed by Evelyn. "Thank you." Peggy smiled as The Chief signed the paper.

She then picked up both the folder and the file before making her way to the exit. Evelyn softly smiled, she knew that she could count on Peggy for anything. The woman truly was a miracle worker.

"Why don't you sit here awhile? Think about it. I'm gonna get a coffee. You want something?" Jack questioned, he was going to go and get cup of coffee as well as check on Evelyn.

"That's my cue." Chief Dooley spoke as he and Sousa left the room, followed closely by Evelyn.

Jack's eyes flickered down to Evelyn as she came out of the room and he felt his heart drop. She'd watched it all. He might not have physically hurt Jarvis, but he certainly did threaten him.

Evelyn pulled off Jack's blazer and shoved it into his chest, walking straight past him and going to the room that Jarvis was in. Jack quickly grabbed her bicep and said,

"You can't go in their alone." He reminded her, his gaze softening slightly.

"Watch me." She shrugged and pulled her arm out of his grip before entering the room.

Jarvis sat up straight once he heard the door open but quickly relaxed once he saw that it was only Evelyn. The girl offered him a sympathetic smile before sitting herself on the desk.

"I'm so sorry, Eddie." She whispered, placing her hand over his. "I've been watching the whole thing." She motioned back to the double sided mirror. "I wouldn't let anything happen to you or Ana, you know that right? You guys are like family."

"I know." Jarvis responded with a genuine smile. "I can't believe that he's the Jack Thompson that you're always talking about."

Evelyn chuckled slightly as a blush formed on her face. This wasn't how she originally planned for the pair to meet, but nevertheless it was the way it happened.

"He's much sweeter when he's not interrogating you." She half heartedly laughed. "He's going to keep pressing you about Ana, he knows she's your weak spot, he'll use it."

Evelyn turned to face Jack and he and Chief Dooley walked into the room. Jack clenched his jaw once he saw Evelyn's hand resting over Jarvis'.

"You can't be in here, Evie." Jack spoke calmly, pushing his hands into his pockets. "Time to go."

"No way." Evelyn scoffed. "I'm not leaving him alone in here with you again, you threatened one of my closest friends with immigration. I'll be staying by Mr Jarvis' side from now on."

Jack pinched the bridge of his nose in anger but tried his hardest to remain calm and not loose his cool. He cleared his throat and said,

"Mr. Jarvis, I want you to meet-" Jack was cut off by Peggy saying,

"Chief Dooley, I'm afraid I mistakenly took your stolen-car report."

Evelyn had to bite back a smug smile as she turned to face Jarvis. The man sent her a playful wink, knowing that she would have stuck by his side whether or not Peggy had a back up plan and he appreciated that.

"Well, thank you for your hospitality, gentlemen. Unless you're going to arrest and charge me, I'll be on my way." Jarvis slowly stood up. "If there's anything further you'd like to discuss, please feel free to contact one of Mr. Stark's attorneys. Miss Barnes, you should come over for dinner some time, I'm sure Ana would love to see you again."

"I might just do that, Eddie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 9.6K 73
bad things happen to good people. 💌 carl grimes x oc 🤍 seasons 1-8/9 started: august 2020 finished: january 2023
96.2K 3K 41
"𝐼𝑚 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑! 𝐻𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢" 𝙋𝙧𝙚!𝘾𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝘼𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖:𝙏𝙒𝙎 --> 𝘾𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝘼𝙢�...
388K 10.4K 34
did you know i liked you? [ started- 26 April 2022 ] [ finished- 10 may 2022]
3K 65 15
the title says it all :) started - 10 May 2019 finished - 29 July 2020