GolMal (Complete✅)

By Suk-24

"If life had a background music,it would have been easy to understand what the hell is going on"😳😳😳 It is... More

Copyright©
Declaration
Characters & Context:
Chapter 1- Mumbai calling.....
Chapter 2- Love can take all the worries away.........
Chapter 3 -Crazy Deshmukh Family....
Chapter 4- Finally Mumbai.......!
Chapter 5 - Manik's interview..........
Chapter 6 - New hope....
Chapter 7- New admirers....
Chapter 8- Manan date.....
Chapter 9 - Welcome home....
Chapter 10-"Game of seduction..."
Chapter 11-"Passionate night..."
Chapter 12- "Morning chaos..."
Chapter 13 - " Hide and seek..."
Chapter 14 -" Narrow escape..."
Chapter 15- "When Cavya met..."
😍New cover😍
Chapter 16 - "Naughty Manik..Smitten Cabir."
Chapter 17 - " An unusual rendezvous..."
Chapter 18- " Challenge accepted..."
Chapter 19 - " The real GolMal begins..."
Proclamation
Chapter 20 - " How does a love story bloom?.."
Chapter 21- "The confession..."
The Readers Choice Awards
Chapter 22- "Comedy of Confusion..."
Chapter 23- "The dilemma..."
Chapter 24 - "Repercussion of divulgence..."
Chapter 25 - "When life takes a new turn..."
Chapter 26 - "Love doesn't care the distance..."
Chapter 27 - "Power couple and the camaraderie..."
Chapter 28 - "From the frying pan into the fire..."
My Inkitt Story
Chapter 29 - "Everything is fair in love and war..."
Anecdotes a collection of short stories
Chapter 30 - "As you sow, so you reap..."
Chapter 31- "Brave deserves the fair..."
❤Shout Out❤
Chapter 32 - "If she smiles, she is trapped..."
Chapter 33 - "Seal the deal..."
Chapter 34 - "Delight with a pinch of salt..."
Chapter - 35 "They're an item..."
Chapter 36 - "Double trouble..."
👻My new Inkitt story👻
Chapter 37 -"The quidnuncs..."
❤New Story Alert ❤
Chapter 38 - "Spilling the bean..."
Chapter-39 "The Drama- queen in jeopardy..."
Important
Chapter 40 - "The chasing game..."
❤New Cover❤
❤Upcoming Books❤
Chapter 41 - "Pursuit of truth..."
Chapter 42 - "Birthday eve..."
Chapter 43- "The celebration continues..."
Chapter 44- "Fulfilling his fantasies..."
Chapter 45 - "Mind-boggling truth..."
Chapter 46 - "Manan...the eternal bond..."
❤New story update❤
Chapter 47 - "Enough of Golmal..."
Chapter 48 - "It's more complicated..."
Chapter 50 - "Edge of tomorrow..."
Chapter 51-"At sixes and sevens..."
👉Announcement👈
Chapter 52 - "All well that ends well..."
Chapter 53 - "Sweet punishment..."
🤔Need your suggestions🤔
Epilogue - "Happy ending?..."
🤗❤New story alert❤🤗
📚Launch of new book📚
🤗New story🤗
😁Wait is over😁
💞Malhotra weds Murthy - Revisit to GolMal💞

Chapter 49 - "Quicksand of misunderstanding..."

1.9K 309 31
By Suk-24

Manik Office: Board of Director Mr Chawla's Cabin: 5:30 pm:

Manik approached the door and knocked determinedly.

Mr Chawla: "Come in."

Manik entered. Mr Chawla gestured him to take the seat. With a cordial smile, Manik occupied the chair.

Mr Chawla: (Concernedly) "Yes, Mr Malhotra...anything urgent?

Manik: (Confidently) "Yes, Sir. Actually, I just wanted to discuss the Singapore job. Can you tell me if the Board of Directors has taken any decision about it? So that I can make my decisions accordingly."

Mr Chawla: "Yes, Mr Malhotra. I was about to inform you about it. Board of Directors wants to send you as soon as possible. But before that, I want to say something."

Manik nodded with a curious expression.

Mr Chawla: (Hesitantly) "Well, look this is entirely your personal matter but nowadays some unpleasant talks are getting conjectured about you. Some Directors are also concerned about it. Look I know who is spreading this gossips and what is the reason behind it. But that's not the point. The point is you have to take a firm step to stop all this rubbish. It's not good for your reputation as well as your career. I guess you have understood my point. Mr Malhotra, it's equally important for an employee to have a spotless character like his professional efficiency. Or else the opportunity never knocks twice at the door."

Manik's jaws got harden. He gripped the paperweight to control his wrath. Soha has started her game.

Manik: (Defiantly) "Sir, gossip always remains gossip. That's why it is short-lived. It can't defeat the truth. And I know what is my truth. Very soon my truth will defeat all these baseless gossips. But for that, I need some time. My request to you in-between don't let the Directors take any decision about my promotion or the Singapore post."

In reply, Mr Chawla nodded in positive. With a content smile, Manik got up and headed the door to exit. Suddenly Mr Chawla said,

Mr Chawla: "Mr Manik there are many slips between cup and lips and Singapore post could be the turning point of your career. Take it as your dream goal. I will be very happy to give you this golden opportunity."

Manik nodded determinedly and left.

...........................................................

Manan Flat: Doorstep: 7:30 pm:

Gattu Singh aka Nandini unlocked the main door and pushed it to open. Entering the living room, she switched on the light and turned to the other person who was still standing behind the threshold.

Nandini: (With an amused tone) "Now, do you need an invitation to step in or it is your in-law's house and I am your Mom-in-law from whom you are expecting an Aarti (A religious ritual of worship in Hinduism) to welcome you?

The person stepped in with rolling eyes.

Navya: "Well, logically you are right. This is Cabir's Mamaji's (Maternal Uncle) house. So, in that case, it is my in-law's house. And coincidentally this is my first visit here. So, I deserve a grand welcome. But..sorry... I am not at all interested to take an Aarti from you. Just imagine! A Sardar doing Aarti....Ha...ha...can't even think.

In reply, Nandini rolled her eyes at her best friend and pushed her on the sofa. Navya flumped back into the couch. With a chuckle, Nandini closed the door.

Nandini: (With fake sadness) "At least you don't make fun of my condition. I am fed up with this dual role. By the way, Navu I am feeling too tired. Please make a cup of filter coffee for me and after that, I have to tell you something. It's good that you have come here today. Otherwise, I had to wait for you in Shreya's flat."

Nandini occupied the corner of the sofa. She was too tired to even go for a change.

Navya: "Okay, but at least show me where is the coffee, sugar and milk. And I am having my masala tea, by the way."

She got up and shrugged. Nandini reclined on the sofa and closed her eyes.

Nandini: (In a tired voice) "Have whatever you want. Milk is inside the freeze. And all the other things are on the kitchen slab. The kitchen is on the left side. You don't need me to guide you for anything. Now, please gooooo..."

Navya wobbled with a smile and dispersed inside the kitchen. Nandini pandiculated to release her stress. Just then the doorbell dinged. With a suppressed annoyed growl, Nandini lifted her body to open the door. It must be Manik. However, the sight in front of her made her eyes pop up from their sockets. With a zealous wail, she jumped and snaked the neck of the person who was standing in front of the main door.

Nandini: (Almost yelled) "DHRUUUUUU.....V....I can't believe it...I was missing you so much....thank you...thank you....I love you...."

She kissed his both cheeks in delight. However, Dhruv's reaction was quite opposite. Generally, he reacts with the same enthusiasm to his favourite friend and sis-in-law. But right then he was standing like a statue. Nandini's forehead formed a V.

Nandini: (Perplexed) "What happened Dhruv? You didn't tell me that you are coming. Does Manik know? Why are you behaving so weirdly?"

Before Dhruv could give any answer, a person came out from his behind.

The person: "Because everything is weird in this house and this family. So, he has to match up."

Nandini: (With wide eyes) "Aliya!"

Dhruv: (Stammered) "Eh....Aloo...I mean Aliya got...got me fro...from the airport. Manik...I mean Bhai knew...but...but he perhaps..."

Nandini: (Sternly) "Didn't consider it important to inform me."

Aliya: (Scornfully) "Yes Dhruv, you should call your Bhai's caretaker personally to inform him about your visit. After all, he is an important member of your family. By the way, can we come inside now, Mr Gattu Singh...with your permission?"

Nandini frowned in confusion. She knows Aliya. She never talks in this jeering manner to anyone. Then what happened today? She stepped aside and said,

Nandini: (Bluntly) "I am nobody to permit you. This is your flat. We are only tenants."

Aliya and Dhruv entered and Aliya sunk into the sofa while Dhruv kept his duffle bag on it. The entire way coming here Aliya kept on asking questions about Gattu. Dhruv didn't understand why she suddenly became so concerned about Gattu. He even counter-questioned but Aliya didn't tell anything clearly. Instead, she was curious about Gattu's influence and importance in their family. However, he had dodged all the queries because first of all, he has to know all the scenarios from Nandu and Manik so that nothing goes wrong.

Aliya: (Sarcastically) "Manik is our tenant. You don't consider yourself so important all the time."

A hurtful expression appeared on Nandini's face. Dhruv saw it. He was bearing Aliya's rude behaviour for a long time but he can't tolerate Nandu's insult.

Dhruv: (Rigidly) "Enough Aliya. Why are you behaving so weirdly today? First of all, you called me to come here immediately. And when I came and asked you what is the reason you are just acting so impatiently and peculiarly. For your kind information, Gattu is as important in our family as Manik and I."

In reply, Aliya smirked. Her eyes were fixed on the kitchen door.

Aliya: (Derisively) "That I can see. Nobody wants to keep him alone in this house...not for a single moment. Even your friends come to give him company. It is clear how important he is. Hello Navya. I am sure Bhai knows that you are here."

Dhruv and Nandini followed Aliya's eyes and located Navya standing with a tray of coffee and snacks. Her expression was perplexed too. All the people except Aliya kept on staring at each other. The situation was complex as well as fuzzy.

....................................................

Outside of Manik's Office: Footpath: 8:00 pm:

Manik was waiting for his cab. He was late. Dhruv was supposed to come and he forgot to tell Nandini. He was hoping that Dhruv won't find the door locked. He glanced at his watch. "Nandu must have reached. Should I tell her or it will be better to surprise her?" Manik contemplated. Suddenly a car stopped in front of him. A person peeked out her head from the car window.

The Person: "Manik, come I will drop you."

Manik looked at the person and smiled.

Manik: (Cordially) "Aryamaan! You here? No thanks, buddy. My cab is about to come."

Aryamaan opened the driver's door and stepped down. He came to the footpath.

Aryamaan: (Insistently) "Oh, come on Manik. You can cancel the ride. Come, I have something to tell you. In fact, I wanted to come to your home. It's good that I had a chance to grab you here."

Manik furrowed his forehead in bewilderment. "Grab?" Is he a criminal?

Manik: (Playfully) "Ohhh...it seems you were too desperate to meet me. Okay, I can't disappoint you."

Both got into the car. Aryamaan started the engine and pushed the accelerator.

Aryamaan: "So Manik. Where are you from? Actually, we just met once at Viswanath Uncle's home and that day we couldn't talk properly. I hope you don't mind to tell."

Manik: (Chuckled) "Not at all. I am from Delhi. Just shifted to Mumbai. But it seems that I have to leave this beautiful city very soon."

Aryamaan: (Scornfully) "Really? I think you don't prefer to stick to anything for a long. Either it is a city, work, thing or to a person."

Manik: (Perplexed yet stern) "Change is the only constant, Aryamaan. We can't be stagnant to anything. Otherwise, we can't grow. But I didn't get your point. Was it a simple perception about me or a remark? Because as far I know you don't know me that much to remark on my preferences."

Aryamaan: (Sarcastically) "Oh, No Manik...I know you very well. And that's why I want to warn you."

Manik turned at Aryamaan with a jolt.

Manik: (Angrily) "Excuse me! Warning? Care to explain!"

Aryamaan: (With a poker face) "Stay away from Nandini."

Author's note: So, everything is getting more complicated. Relationships are getting bitter. What will be Manan's next step? To know all these, stay tuned. ❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 7.6K 45
This story revolves mainly around Nandini and Manik aka Manan. This story is how both will fall in love but they won't express their love. One mistak...
68.3K 9K 21
Love either brightens your life or either ends up spreading darkness in your life. Manik, a playboy, spoilt, irresponsible and an arrogant man gets m...
75.8K 3K 35
The pain of seeing your love marrying someone else is unbearable right, and it pains even more when he chooses to marry your sister over you... Nandi...
59.7K 3.3K 7
✨""We spend our lives searching for meaning. Take a break. Let it find You.""✨ "I'm leaving!" She paused "I need a b...