Finding Them Pt. 21

The first thing Tommy felt when he woke up was warmth. Between the thick blanket over top of him and the person behind him, Tommy was practically sweating. He enjoyed the warmth, that said, the moment he remembered what had happened he shot up looking around frantically. His body was in fight or flight mode, panicking.

"Woah! Tommy. Toms calm down," Phil shot up with him, a hand outstretched towards the boy.

"Tommy, I need you to calm down." He couldn't have Tommy passing out on them again. If he did it would just be a continuous cycle. He approached Tommy carefully, trying to show him he wasn't a threat.

"Toms, we're not gonna hurt you. Just breath for me, can you do that?" Phil asked. Tommy nodded, letting the him pull him to a seat. Tommy inhaled once, gathering his bearings.

"Sorry, it's just- well, you know." Tommy gestured to the extra appendages. It was going to take some time for him to process them, and learn how to use them. Phil laid a hand on the boy's shoulder, while the latter rubbed his face.

"I know bud, but it's gonna be okay. Don't know if you've noticed yet or not, but you're not alone," Phil gestured behind him.

"What the fuck!? Since when do you have those?" Tommy sputtered. Phil laughed.

"Since I was about seven, I'd say. They were pretty small at that point. Bit awkward at first but you'll get used to it. And I'll show you all the hidden secrets they hold as well." Phil had a gleam in his eye, not mischievous but Tommy felt a little unsettled by it nonetheless.

"Wait, you've had those since you met us?" Wilbur asked pointing to himself and then to Techno. Phil nodded slightly.

"So, you've been hiding them from us for this entire time?"

"I guess you could say that, I was going to show you eventually. Now's a good time as any really, but I just didn't want to spring too much on you guys. After all I am claiming that we're all long lost brothers. Thought the wings might be just a bit much," Phil explained, "But I still have a question for you Tommy. Could you tell us what you were doing outside in the middle of the night with my satchel?" Phil asked gently, he didn't want to sound accusing.

"Well, I just wanted to read the scroll you asked me to read when we first met. I wanted to read it and prove to you guys that I can read now, that I'm capable and not just holding you back. When I did it was really short and weird, and I said the last line out loud but then my back started hurting, and next thing I know I've got wings!" Tommy retold the events to them. He tried to gloss over the first part but he knew they would be focused on the entirety of what he was telling them.

"As lovely as that story is Tommy, if you could the read the scroll tonight, you should've been able to read the scroll the first time we met," Phil told him.

"But I couldn't read back then, at all! I'm sorry I couldn't but I can now, does that count for anything?" Tommy sounded like he was pleading, not quite picking up what Phil was putting down. Phil chuckled a bit.

"No, Toms that's not what I meant; you didn't do anything wrong. When we first met what exactly did you do when I handed you the scroll?" Phil asked, maybe this would explain what had happened.

"Well, I couldn't read. So, I didn't look at the scroll at all and just told you the story of 'James and the Rabbit,' because that was the only story I knew," Tommy told them. The other three in the room burst out laughing at this causing Tommy to turn beet red.

"Tommy, you are something else," Phil face-palmed, "You didn't need to be literate to read the scroll, it's a magic scroll Tommy. One of the four prophecy scrolls, that scroll just happened to be yours," he pointed at Tommy.

"And that means?" Tommy asked, still confused.

"Tommy, you're our little brother."

heyllooo, sorry this one was a bit later. Today's my last day of school before christmas break and my class was doing some festivity stuff I won the most festive :) mainly because I wore my dragon onesie a christmas tie, a flashing light headband and a christmas tree headband. (all from the dollar tree-) But it was fun. And I have to finish up my surrealism project so that's what I had been working on this morning.

also i fricking found a mcyt httyd crossover fic yesterday and suddenly I must rewatch all of rtte and the movies-

Why do I keep falling into previous fandoms? ahhhhhhhhh. But I might do something like that or not idk but yeah. :)