The Thing

hey there quick warning, this one has some cannibalistic themes in it so yeah. (i was trying to do a scary one- idk)

     A box is in my hands. It's black, wooden and intricate carvings embed themselves in it.I can't tell where I've seen it before, but I have. I don't know how I know but this box is evil. It's aura intoxicates me, wanting me to open it. But I know I shouldn't, instead I put the box away in a desk drawer and lock it. I don't want to touch it, I don't want anyone to touch it. 

     I get up from my desk to leave my room. Stood there is my brother, Techno. I know it's not really him. It's his body, his face, his voice, but it's definitely not him. Expressionless and monotone, he asks me a question, "Why don't you open it?" Something else is replacing him, I don't like this. Some wierd, demon, ghost, thing is in my brother's body. The boy who was monotone, but competitive, the brother of mine who would spar with me and tend to my wounds afterwards. Instead stood in front of me was something that shook my very bones. Why does he want me to open the box?

     "I don't want to," I respond. His face stays expressionless, his tone whining. "But I just want to have some fun." Whatever this thing was, I definitely didn't like it. It wanted to play, whatever it's definition of playing was. "No, you can't touch the box." I said sternly, something told me it couldn't either way.

     "I can't touch it, you know that. But I can mess with this." I was right but I still didn't like where this was going. I followed my "Brother" as he grabbed a black polyester case. He took something out, I couldn't see. Then he put it away smiling. "I just want to have some fun." He repeated. I waited a moment, then two. He stood unmoving, smiling at me with his cheshire grin.

     Still, nothing happened. When I walked into the kitchen my dad was stood making dinner, the thing following me. Then my other brother, Wilbur, came in. It was normal, he was normal. He probably just came to ask dad something. So when he threw himself at Techno with a pure animalistic-ness, I was horrified. My brother was maliciously attempting to bit his way through Techno's flesh. The thing stood laughing, smiling, living for the chaos.

     "NO WILBUR STOP!" I yelled. I could barely comprehend what was going on. Wilbur was trying to eat another human. Wait no, this wasn't a human. I don't know what it is, but i know it can't die. It wouldn't willingly rid itself from here. But that was still Techno's body, that was still Wilbur, completely brainwashed. The taste of flesh being the only thing on his mind. Dad and I ran up to the two, desperately trying to pry Wilbur off of a laughing Techno.

     When we finally did he turned around, hunger in his eyes, lunging for us. "TOMMY! THE FRIDGE!" Dad yelled. If we kept him held down wer could trap him behind the refrigerator door. That's what we did.

     His arms flailed about, desperately trying to grab us. Every instinct in my body told me to try and squeeze him in between the door and wall. But he was my brother, I know the thing was the one to do this, not himm. I knew if I did that I wouldn't be able to live with myself. So instead I tried my best to keep him contained.

     "STOP IT! STOP, MAKE HIM STOP! LET HIM GO!" My please were lost to the laughs of Techno. My throat was hoarse, the screaming constant. Techno stood laughing harder, blood spilling from his arm. Flesh hanging off of the bone.

Then I woke up.

an/ hey there guys! so this one was a bit gruesome maybe? but I thought about writing something "scary" because i haven't before. This was actually a dream i had the other day about my siblings and family members and it really freaked me out at the time i don't really know if this was that scary but you know dreams tend to be more scary in that moment. But then of course the next day i have a dream about waffles lots of fruit, and then an older man who was riding a scooter pass my house that was slightly on fire and probably didn't know it, and then a second person rides on a motorcycle pass my house and is like completely on fire, and is like literally burning gruesomely but they are like yelling in joy.... so idk mannnnnn just had some really weird dreams over the weekend. but below is the "original" writing where it's my actual dream with my siblings. (names will be replaced and stuff.)

     A box is in my hands. It's black, wooden and intricate carvings embed themselves into it. I can't tell where I've seen it, but I know I've seen it before. I don't know how I know but this box is evil. It's aura intoxicates me, wanting me to open it. But I know I shouldn't. Instead I put it away in a desk drawer. I don't want to touch it, I don't want anyone to touch it.

     I get up from my desk and leave my room. Stood there is my sister. But I know it's not really her. It's her body, her face, her voice, but it's definitely not her. Expressionless and monotone she asks me a question, "Why don't you open it?" Something else is replacing her. I don't like this. Some weird demon, ghost thing is my sister. The girl who was a social butterfly, loveable, kind, my little sister. Instead stood in front of me, in her body, was something that shook me to my very core. Why does she want me to open the box?

      "I don't want to," I respond. Her face stays expressionless, her tone whining. "But I just want to have some fun." Whatever this thing was I didn't like it. It wanted to play, whatever it's definition of playing was. "No, you can't touch the box," I said sternly, if I needed to I would try to get to the box before her. Something told me It couldn't though.

      "I can't touch it, you know that. But I can mess with this." I was right but I still didn't like where this was going. I followed my "sister" as she grabbed a black polyester case. She took something out of it that I couldn't see. Then she put it away, smiling. "I just want to have some fun." I waited a moment, then two. She stood unmoving, smiling at me with her cheshire grin.

       Still nothing happened. When I walked into the kitchen my mom was stood making dinner, the thing following me. Then my brother came in. It was normal, he was normal. He probably just wanted to ask my mom a question. So when he threw himself at my sister with a pure animalistic-ness, I was horrified. My brother was maliciously trying to bite his way through my sisters flesh. The thing stood laughing, smiling, living for the chaos.

      "NO, CHARLES STOP!" I yelled. I could barely comprehend what was going on. My little brother trying to eat a human. Wait no, this wasn't a human. I don't know what it was, but I know it couldn't die. It wouldn't willingly rid itself from here. But that was still my sisters body, that was still my little brother, completely brainwashed with the taste of human flesh.

      My mom and I ran up to the two, desperately trying to pry my brother off of my laughing sister. When we did he turned around, hunger in his eyes lunging for us. "CASEY! THE FRIDGE!" My mom yelled. If we kept him held down we could trap him behind the refrigerator door. So that's what we did. His arms flailed about desperately trying to grab us. Every instinct in my body told me to try and squeeze him in between the door and wall like a bug. But he was my brother, I know the thing was the one to do this, no not him. I knew if I did, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

      So instead I tried my best to keep him contained. "STOP! STOP IT, MAKE HIM STOP! LET HIM GO!" My pleas were desperate, my throat sore. Yet my sister stood laughing, blood spilling from her arm. Flesh hanging off of the bone.

Then I woke up.