Finding Them Pt.29

"King George, it's about time you got here. Everyone's inside waiting," Eret, son of Eret, king of Freshire; greeted them outside and leaded them to the main hall where five others sat. The king of Prentep, Consprit, and Whomington. The queens of Selfare and Mashfin. They looked bored, irritated. George pretended to be mildly interested in the grandfather clock, half past six. He knew they were late, but he didn't expect them to be that late. Quickly, he took a seat, not wanting to prolong the meeting anymore. He could feel the glares, but looked away not wanting to meet their gazes.

To each ruler they had two assistants. George's were obviously Dream and Sapnap but next to him was a blonde man and a slightly taller male who's face, all but his eyes, was covered in a mask and a red hood. He seemed slightly suspicious but had posed no threat so far.

"Alright, since everyone's here now. We can start the meeting," Eret's voice was deep but loud, grabbing the attention of all the attendees. The meeting went on for a couple hours, if you could even call it a meeting. It was more of just a complete disaster, disagreement and quarrels seemed to be the only things discussed. Most of the arguing was done between the king of Consprit and the queen of Selflare. The had both just ended an eight-year war, they still weren't on the best of terms as to where their boundaries began or ended. George was starting to have enough; a headache crept its way to his temples.

"That's it! If you two can't agree on something, then I'll take the land for myself!" his fist slammed on the table, his chair scraping against the floor. His uproar only made matters worse.

"You can't do that! This isn't a proposition open to you. Watch your mouth, war is far easier waged than you might think!" the king of Consprit spat. George inhaled a moment, adjusting his glasses.

"You don't think I know that? Or why don't I remind you how I became the ruler of this kingdom?" Wisps of shining white tendrils danced through the air, they were partially blinding to the naked eye but everyone in the room could feel the power radiating off of the man. The opposing king sat back down, looks were deceiving.

"I think the rest of you can handle your own affairs on your own just fine. We'll be leaving now," George removed them from the situation entirely, briskly walking away. He sighed, thankful for his glasses. No one had to see the yellow glow they produced when borrowing his power. George turned a corner, Dream and Sapnap towing behind. They all knew who would be showing up soon. George knew he was here when the familiar boney hand rested on his shoulder.

"Looks like someone used my magic without thinking~," the voice said, a teasing tone lacing through his words. George jerked the hand off of his shoulder, cape flowing at the movement.

"What are you doing here!?" George yelled, his voice echoed in the empty hall way, bouncing off the walls and back to their ears. The voice laughed.

"You know exactly what I'm here for," it sneered.

"When? When will this be done?" It's true, George did know why the man was here, they all did.

"Idiot, didn't you read the contract? Of course, you didn't. Too busy caught up in, chasing power was it?" The man pretended to think, tapping his chin, "Don't you remember, Gogy? You singed your soul away to me. That's something you're not getting back."

"But we made a deal!"

"That we did, you just forgot to read the fine print." George shut down, he knew he couldn't win this one, he never could. He knew what he did was stupid, but he just wanted to protect his friends. He was willing to do anything for them.

"What do you want this time?" Magic always came with a cost, borrowed magic, even more so. This was the second time George had used it, the first time the price was colors, he awaited the request for the second time now. The man smirked at his words.

"Someone finally knows their place," his voice was smooth, running like a snake down his back, "you barely used any this time so the fee will be less. All I ask is that you give me access to the dungeons. Total access and no interference," this surprised George, what could he possibly want the dungeons for? Though he didn't have a problem with it, they barely used the dungeons in the first place.

"What's the catch?" This was, after all, too good to be true.

"No catch, just hand me the key." George did as he was told, it was no use either way. The man smiled, "Until next time," and he was gone.

badabupbabaaaaa oof i gotts lots of ideassssssss. and round about things for the story and conections and stuff plot ideas. it be coming together :))) Also i know i havent mentioned the name of the kingdom that sbi are part of so i tel ya nwo, it be called Wisthaven.