The Kids

I can't believe my kids are seniors. Both equal intelligent and beautiful. Nathaniel and Jennifer are my world. My husband Robert works at another high school. About twenty minutes from home. He's a teacher and principal of North Ridge.

He did say he wanted to teach again. The kids there just adore him. Our kids don't go to there of course. They attend John Adams high school.

Jennifer reminds me of myself when I was in school. She is an honor roll student. President of her class and Captain of her Science Team. From freshman year they have won first place in competitions.

One thing she does different. She is a cheerleader. Robert and I just love how cute she looked during the games. Cheering the team on.

Our boy Nathaniel. Whom goes by Nathan for short. Only when he is in trouble we throw his full name. He hates that.

Nathan has the personality of his father. I swear it gets on my nerves. A sarcastic little shit who swears a tad to much. Not in front of us. I catch him from time to time.

Brilliantly smart in all his classes. He just acts like a clown. He's not in any clubs. Just plays sports. Quarterback for football season and a pitcher for baseball.

As for me, I'm still a lawyer. I work almost all the time. Barely have anytime for most things. For my kids, I make sure I'm there for them.

I walk through the front door after a long day at work. I go into the kitchen to see my plate on the counter. I sigh to myself setting my thing on the counter.

Always late for dinner. I put the plate in the microwave to heat it up. Jennifer comes into the kitchen sitting down on the stool.

"Hi, mom." she greeted. I smiled at her taking the plate out of the microwave.

"Where's your father?" I asked.

"In bed." I look up at her as she fiddled with the salt shaker.

"Something on your mind?" I asked curiously. She sighed to herself. Unsure if she wanted to tell me.

"When are you ever going to change your work schedule?" exclaimed Jennifer.

"Sweetheart, it's not that simple."

"Do you know dad feels lonely? Every time you come home late. All you do is go straight to your study. No hello or I love you. Just close yourself up in that stupid room."

I begin to tear up staying silent. Deep down I know it's true.

"You keep doing this to him. Don't be surprise when starts straying away from you."

Jennifer storms away and up the stairs. I leaned over the counter crying.

I skipped eating going straight to my room. I step in quietly. Robert is sound asleep snoring. I get changed into my night gown.

I crawled into bed covering up with the blanket. I turn to face Robert. I ran my finger tips down his cheek. I lean over to place a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you. Even though, I barely show it. I will always love you." I whispered to him.

I rest my head on the pillow closing my eyes. I still remember the first day we met. I was so nervous to meet him. The moment I turned around to face him. Those beautiful chocolate eyes stole my heart. I knew in a instant I liked him.

I wake up the next to morning. I sit up rubbing my eyes. There stood Robert over by the mirror fixing his tie. I get out of bed walking over to him.

His eyes met mine as I stand behind him. I turn him to face me. I fix his tie up for him. I can feel his eyes on me. I tighten it up the way he liked it.

I felt Robert's finger lift my chin up. I gazed up into his eyes. Ever so hypnotizing. I felt his lips on mine. He kissed me for a brief moment.

He backed away giving me a smile. "I love you." he said. He grabs his coat walking out of the room. I close my eyes. I know deep down he heard me last night.

I come downstairs and into the kitchen. Jennifer is at the counter eating toast with jam. Reading her science book. Nathan watching ESPN on the TV while eating a bowl of cereal.

I fix myself a glass of orange juice. "Did your dad leave for work?" I asked them.

"Yes, mother. Same time as always." replied Jennifer. She gave me upsetting look.

Nathan let out a victory yell. I jumped from where I stood.

"Hell yeah! In your face motherfuckers!" he shouted at the TV.

He turned to see me while I folded my arms glaring at him. Nathan flashes his winning smile. Chuckling nervously.

"Morning mom. You look very pretty today. Did you do something different with your hair?" he said.

I rolled my eyes let that one slide. Goof ball I swear.

"Let's go Nathan. We don't want to be late for school." said Jennifer placing her books in her bag. She leaves out of the kitchen without a good bye.

Nathan puts his backpack on putting his bowl in the sink. "Bye mom, love you." he said placing a kiss on my cheek. "Love you too. Have a great day at school." I call out behind him as he left.

Jennifer is greeted by her friends upon arrival. They laughed heading to their lockers. One of Nathan friends Anthony throws a football at him. He jumps up to catch it.

"Yo, Nat! You ready for tonight's game?" said Anthony. They high five each other before bro hugging.

"That team won't know what hit them!" replied Nathan. The two chest bump one another. "Boom!" they exclaimed in unison.

Jennifer rolled her eyes at her brother. "Save that energy for the game boys." she mentions.

"You know for a cheerleader. I expected you to show team spirit." added Nathan.

"I only do that during the game."

"Disappointing."

"Besides, I know you guys gonna wipe the floor with them. Championship trophy in hand."

Nathan smiled at Jennifer. She winks at him before walking off to class. Jennifer's friend Kelly is walking backwards waving bye to Nathan.

"Your brother is so hot." she sighed. Jennifer smug her face in disgust. "Eww!" she exclaimed.

"Well he is."

"I need to get away from you right now. See you in history."

Jennifer speed walks down the hallway to her first class. All her friends crush on Nathan. It grossed her out. As much as she loved her brother. She sure wasn't going to help those girls hook up with him.

***Here you go guys. Most of you been wanting a sequel and I said no. Well guess what I have finally created a plot. Hope you enjoy it. Vote and comment please. As a gift I'm giving you another chapter to read. Love you guys***