Change

Nathan is sitting in History class. Goofing around with his friends. Miss Connolly hasn't arrived yet. Although know one in the class seemed to care.

Suddenly, a woman walks through the door. She placed her shoulder bag on the desk. She has short bright red colored hair. Beautiful ivory skin and brown eyes.

Everyone turned around to see her. Mostly the boys smiling and checking her out. She wore a black above the knee dress with a sweetheart neck.

"Afternoon class. My name is Vanna DeLuise. I'm your new history teacher." she greeted.

Nathan's friend Josh raises his hand. Vanna smiled in his direction acknowledging him.

"Yes?"

"How old are you?" asked Josh. His friends laughed at him.

"That's a pretty personal question. But, I applaud your effort in curiosity."

She goes over to the board writing her name on it. She turns around giving Josh a smirk.

"Forty-six."

He turns blood shot red. All the boys elbow and wooed at him. Vanna just smiled and continued with attendance. Anthony leans in toward Nathan.

"I love History class." he whispered.

"Me too." replied Nathan. They fist bump each other chuckling.

"Ugh, Nathaniel Downey?" called Vanna.

She double takes herself as she read his name again. Nathan raises his hand smiling.

"I go by Nathan though." he adds.

"Downey? You wouldn't by any chance know who Robert Downey Jr is?"

"Yeah, he's my dad. Do you know him?"

"Not personally. I have a friend who knew him. How is he?"

"Good. He teaches at North Ridge High School."

"He quit being a principal?"

"He's both."

Vanna nods her head as she continued with row call. For once, Nathan paid attention in class. Usually he gave Miss Connolly a hard time.

Her breath taking beauty is like no other. Of course she is old enough to be his mother. Yet, he didn't care. She was hot.

Class was over and all the students exit the room. Nathan hanged back for a moment. He watched Vanna clean up the chalkboard.

She sure did have amazing long legs. He bite at his lower lip just staring. Vanna turned to face him.

"You need something Nathan?" she asked.

"Um, I just wanted to say you are a really good teacher." stuttered Nathan nervously.

Vanna raised her eyebrow at him. Thinking he was crazy. Nathan just stands there nodding his head.

"I take it your old teacher was boring?" she asked.

"Pretty much. What happen to her?" replied Nathan.

"She transferred to another school. One where the kids actually respected her."

Nathan face froze. He looked around as if he didn't hear what she said. Vanna started laughing at him.

"I was just kidding." she chuckled.

"Oh, good one." Nathan joined in with her in a laugh.

"You better get to class. Don't want to be tardy."