The Ultimate Threat

I watched the facial expressions on my kids faces. They didn't look so happy.

Nathan gets up from the couch and into the kitchen. Jennifer and I cringed to the sound of him vomiting.

I get up to go check on him. He is pacing the kitchen in a fit of rage. I hate seeing him like this.

"I can't believe I slept with my dad's ex-wife. I feel so discusted with myself." he rants.

"I'm sorry." I sighed.

"I should've listen to you. I made you feel like an idiot."

"It's okay. You needed to find out the hard way."

"I'm really sorry, Mom."

Nathan starts to break down. I through my arms around him. I back away cupping his face in my hand.

"I love you very much. Don't let this get you down." I said softly.

He nods his head. He walks away going upstairs. I grab my keys and head toward the door.

"Jennifer keep an eye on your brother." I said.

"Why?" she asked concerned.

"I need some air. Be back in a few hours."

I leave out the door. I have no idea why I'm freaking out. I'm shaking throughout my body.

I drop my keys onto the ground. Shit! I go to pick them up quick. I soon heard an engine roar.

I look up to see a black van speed onto my yard. Burning rubber as it went.

I couldn't see who was driving it all happened so fast. Still driving the side door opens. A person shoves a body in front of me.

The van immediately drives off down the road. I go over to see who it was. I gasped outloud.

"SHANA!" I screamed.

Her clothes are stained with blood. I try to wake her up but, nothing. I couldn't stop crying. I pull out my phone calling an ambulance.

"SHANA PLEASE DON'T DIE ON ME!" I cried.

"Mom?!"

I turn to see Jennifer come out along with Nathan. I hear the sirens getting closer.

My daughter kneels down pressing her two fingers on the side of Shana's neck.

"She's still alive." she said.

I backed away as the paramedics tended to Shana. Nathan wraps his arm around me. Tears continue to pour out of me.

~Robert~

I really fucked up this time. I knew it was wrong. Yet, I slept with Janice anyway.

I just know I'm going to be labled as sex offender. I will never get another job for miles.

I definately screwed up my life. An officer comes by my cell. He opens it with his key.

"Downey. You have a visitor." he called.

I get up from my bunk. He placed the cuffs on me. He later lead me toward the visiting area.

My spot is number fifteen. I take seat on the tiny metal stool. I see my visitor.

That devil with short red hair. Gina. She grinned up at me holding the phone reciever against her ear.

I pick up mine scolding her. Why is she here?

"How's the prison life treating you? Sucks not having privacy when you use the bathroom." mocked Gina.

"I'll be out soon. Besides its only a matter of time before you back." I retorted.

"At least I know your life will never be the same. Who knows you may come home and find everything gone."

"You keep my family out of this. I get it my life screwed. But, leave them alone."

"Lori, is the reason I couldn't win you back! She stole the life I wanted with you."

"If you had kept your legs closed. Then maybe we could have work our marriage."

"You're the one to talk. Either way, I'm going to destroy your entire family. This is just the tip of the iceberg."

"I will fucking rip your throat out. Once I get out of here its over."

"It's already begun. The nosy best friend was the first. You'd be suprised who I will eliminate next."

"YOU BITCH!"

Gina hangs up the reciever getting up. I punched the hard glass. Not Shana.

I have to get out of here. I fear my kids will be next. I have to get ahold of Lori. And fast.

~Lori~

I sit on the chair next to Shana. The doctor says she is in coma state. She lost a tremendous amount of blood.

Thankfully the surgery to remove the bullet was successful. But, given the time she was losing blood. Her brain nearly shut down.

Now, we have to wait for her to regain the flow of blood. Gina did this! I just know it.

The kids are at home. I made sure they kept the doors locked in the house. I don't want Gina near my children.

My cellphone went off. It was Robert's lawyer. I answered it. But, the voice belongs to my husband.

"Lori, baby. I need you to get the kids out of town!" exclaimed Robert.

"Wait hold on. What's wrong?" I asked.

He explained the reason why. Gina made her threat on who was next.

"I'll send them to their grandparents first thing tomorrow. Good thing its vacation for the schools." I assured.

"Be careful, Lori. I love you." said Robert.

"I love you, too. How long until you're trial?"

"Tomorrow. I just need this to go away. So, I could be there with my family."

"By the way, I'm staying here with Shana. I refuse to leave her side."

"You do that. I hope she pulls through. I love you and see you soon."

"Love you, more. Bye."

Tears pour from my eyes. I can't do this. I'm so afraid of what else could happen. I fear what Robert's trial will be like.

***I will try and update tomorrow. Who else do you think Gina will go after? Vote and comment please.***