Chemistry

Jennifer is at her station. She's conducting an experiment in which Mark had assign to the class. The students are diligently working. 

The chemical's they are using are somewhat dangerous. Jennifer kneels down measuring the liquids in the test tube. Kelly sees Mark come over to their station. 

"How's it going, Ladies?" he asked. 

Jennifer jumps where she stood. She fixed her goggles while smiling. She begins writing in her notebook. 

"Pretty. good. Changed up the chemical measurements." replied Jennifer. 

"And why did you do that?"

"Well, if we increase the metal compounds by .2%. The element would be able to soldify. Bullet proof glass."

Mark just smiled at her. He goes over to read her notes. Nodding his head in approval. 

"Fantastic work, Jennifer. We go from making simple glass to bullet proof glass. Keep up the good work." he compliments. 

Kelly and Jennifer high-five each other. Some of the other students congratulate them. The bell rings and everyone exits the classroom. 

Jennifer stays behind to clean up the station. Mark comes over placing his hand on her shoulder. 

"You're going to be late for class." he said. 

"Yeah, lunch classifies as a class." mentioned Jennifer sarcastically. 

"Touche. I have question to ask. I hope you don't get offended." 

"I doubt that." 

"There is this science symposium about thirty minutes from town."

"You mean the one North Ridge? One that is impossible to get in because the tickets are sold out." 

"Yes. Would you like to go with me?"

Jennifer stood there stunned. He held up two tickets in his hand. She hesitated a moment before responding. 

"Tempting as it maybe. I can't accept." said Jennifer. 

"I understand." replied Mark. 

He walks over to one of the stations and started cleaning up. Jennifer felt bad that he went through all the trouble in inviting. 

She did like him. Only afraid of what it could turn into. Possibly a chance to become life long friends. Or something much more. 

"Mr. Ruffalo." she called to him. His eyes met hers.

"Yes?" he asked.

"When is this symposium going to be?"

"Six o'clock tonight." 

"Okay, I'll go."

Mark smiled brightly at her. She blushed at him as she continued to clean. What am I getting myself into? thought Jennifer to herself. 

After school, Nathan goes off to football practice. Jennifer is run onto the field. He takes his helmet off jogging over to her. 

"I need you to do me a big favor." said Jennifer. 

"Depends on what it is?" replied Nathan curiously.

"I'm going to a science symposium with Mr. Ruffalo. I don't want mom or dad finding out." 

"Mr. Ruffalo, eh? I had a feeling you liked him." 

Jennifer smacked him upside his head. He just laughs at her. She rolled eyes at him.